NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Horse - (Old West Comedy / Dead / OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your favorite NPC(s)?

Beau Lagged, the French fur-trapper with the outrageous accent
29%
Buckaroo Bunjin
5%
Tater Frye
10%
Mayor Jeremiah Slick
14%
The two Italians, Guido and Lefty
5%
The Fells Cargo men
10%
The silent Indian in the jail
24%
Rev. Borkmann
5%

Total votes : 21

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:28 am

Ard al Islam wrote:Damn, you've beaten me to it!

Who and to what?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:53 am

GRAND THEFT HORSE application

Name:Cassidy F. Pickett
Job:Ex-Bushwhacker, Former Gang Member
Sex: Male
Appearance: Cassidy F. Pickett stands at 4'10" and weighs 88 pounds, having a generally slender body. He has long red hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. His freckled face, despite being generally feminine, has a long handlebar mustache and a skinny, similarly long goatee. He had narrow shoulders. which gives him a generally effeminate appearance. This isn't helped by his generally 'cavalier' way of dress. He wears a grey coat that goes down to his knees, thigh-high black boots, a grey slouch hat, and buff long gloves. Occasionally, he wears a grey capelet with red-lining on it.

Skills:He is a decent shot from his experiences in Kansas as well as an expert at organizing gangs. Despite his background, Cassidy is also surprisingly well-read in history and literature. He also has an interest in paleontology.

Stuff: Besides his necessities, he has several books, a Philadelphia deringer, and a Joslyn breech-loading carbine.

Goals: Surviving at this point. He does eventually want to get into politics to 'democratize' and 'denegrofiy' the nation.

Bio: Cassidy F. Pickett was born in an unusual situation. He was the child of an Irish immigrant mother and a Southern father, a former slave driver who had moved to Manhattan. Cassidy spent his childhood as relatively affluent compared to his Irish working class neighbors, even if he had them as friends. When he became a teenager, he started to adopt the image of a 'Southern cavalier', wearing thigh-high boots, growing his hair and beard out, and generally dressing brightly. This was also when he both got into politics as an extreme Democratic partisan and joined the Dead Rabbits. Both from his father and the general attitudes of his neighborhood, Cassidy grew to have a special hatred for the negro, often leading Dead Rabbits to jump and attack random negroes at night.

When he was 17, Cassidy met an English immigrant who went by Gallus Mag, a bouncer who stood above 6' tall. The two went into a romantic relationship afterwards, with Gallus often protecting Cassidy from attacks from other gangs. Regardless of his involvement in New York's underworld, he got into the University of the City of New York at the age of 19. Before he could graduate, Cassidy along with the Dead Rabbits got into an open altercation with a small gang of negroes in 1853, which ended with him fleeing New York in fear of criminal charges. Without an university education, Cassidy returned to his father's old home in Tennessee, where he stayed for several years. He worked a variety of odd jobs during this time.

However, Cassidy soon took interest in the territory of Kansas. He left Tennessee in 1855 to go to Kansas. Initially, he was a 'moderate Free-Stater', desiring both a ban on slavery as well as a general ban on negroes entering the state. However upon the rejection of the 'black exclusion' cause, Cassidy switched sides to the Border-Ruffians. Experienced in comitting violence, he became a prominent Bushwhacker, attacking Jayhawkers viciously. However on 1857, he soon found himself at odds with his fellow Bushwhackers when he killed a black slave of a pro-slavery settler. With both factions against him, Cassidy fled Kansas, heading south to Texas.

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36325250#p36325250. (Not exactly a normal RP, but I hope it is good enough.)

Leave here: Hang'em
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:46 am

Confederate American SU wrote:

Job:Ex-Bushwhacker, Former Gang Member
Sex: Male
Appearance: Cassidy F. Pickett stands at 4'10" and weighs 88 pounds, having a generally slender body. He has long red hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. His freckled face, despite being generally feminine, has a long handlebar mustache and a skinny, similarly long goatee. He had narrow shoulders. which gives him a generally effeminate appearance. This isn't helped by his generally 'cavalier' way of dress. He wears a grey coat that goes down to his knees, thigh-high black boots, a grey slouch hat, and buff long gloves. Occasionally, he wears a grey capelet with red-lining on it.

Skills:He is a decent shot from his experiences in Kansas as well as an expert at organizing gangs. Despite his background, Cassidy is also surprisingly well-read in history and literature. He also has an interest in paleontology.

Stuff: Besides his necessities, he has several books, a Philadelphia deringer, and a Joslyn breech-loading carbine.

Goals: Surviving at this point. He does eventually want to get into politics to 'democratize' and 'denegrofiy' the nation.

Bio: Cassidy F. Pickett was born in an unusual situation. He was the child of an Irish immigrant mother and a Southern father, a former slave driver who had moved to Manhattan. Cassidy spent his childhood as relatively affluent compared to his Irish working class neighbors, even if he had them as friends. When he became a teenager, he started to adopt the image of a 'Southern cavalier', wearing thigh-high boots, growing his hair and beard out, and generally dressing brightly. This was also when he both got into politics as an extreme Democratic partisan and joined the Dead Rabbits. Both from his father and the general attitudes of his neighborhood, Cassidy grew to have a special hatred for the negro, often leading Dead Rabbits to jump and attack random negroes at night.

When he was 17, Cassidy met an English immigrant who went by Gallus Mag, a bouncer who stood above 6' tall. The two went into a romantic relationship afterwards, with Gallus often protecting Cassidy from attacks from other gangs. Regardless of his involvement in New York's underworld, he got into the University of the City of New York at the age of 19. Before he could graduate, Cassidy along with the Dead Rabbits got into an open altercation with a small gang of negroes in 1853, which ended with him fleeing New York in fear of criminal charges. Without an university education, Cassidy returned to his father's old home in Tennessee, where he stayed for several years. He worked a variety of odd jobs during this time.

However, Cassidy soon took interest in the territory of Kansas. He left Tennessee in 1855 to go to Kansas. Initially, he was a 'moderate Free-Stater', desiring both a ban on slavery as well as a general ban on negroes entering the state. However upon the rejection of the 'black exclusion' cause, Cassidy switched sides to the Border-Ruffians. Experienced in comitting violence, he became a prominent Bushwhacker, attacking Jayhawkers viciously. However on 1857, he soon found himself at odds with his fellow Bushwhackers when he killed a black slave of a pro-slavery settler. With both factions against him, Cassidy fled Kansas, heading south to Texas.

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36325250#p36325250. (Not exactly a normal RP, but I hope it is good enough.)

Leave here: Hang'em

Oooh interesting

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Hey umm, the outside-NS stuff that had kept me from the RP has loosened up enough for me to squrim out this post, but I'm still kinda shaken in a way from having left my post here for some time, especially since this RP feels like it moves a lot faster than the Infinites (for better or for worse, though I personally think it's for the former). I'll get to posting then!
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Hey umm, the outside-NS stuff that had kept me from the RP has loosened up enough for me to squrim out this post, but I'm still kinda shaken in a way from having left my post here for some time, especially since this RP feels like it moves a lot faster than the Infinites (for better or for worse, though I personally think it's for the former). I'll get to posting then!

Glad you have more time for this!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:09 pm

Here my friends is a gift to y'all
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:21 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Here my friends is a gift to y'all
(Image)

That's like some really bad drug-induced hallucination.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:24 am

Talchyon wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Here my friends is a gift to y'all
(Image)

That's like some really bad drug-induced hallucination.

It's from another RP APH and I are both in. Very cursed RP.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:42 am

Confederate American SU wrote:

-snip-

Sorry for missing this. Cassidy F. Pickett, the short bushwhacker, is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Posted at the Fells Cargo scene but somehow ended up with a different font, probably some formatting error. Kind of like it though.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speyland
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Speyland » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Hey! I'm sorry to say this, but I will no longer be participating in this RP due to IRL issues. That is my decision. I hope you would understand. I might come back though if everything seems to be in good shape.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 am

Speyland wrote:Hey! I'm sorry to say this, but I will no longer be participating in this RP due to IRL issues. That is my decision. I hope you would understand. I might come back though if everything seems to be in good shape.

Shame. I really wanted my character to call yours "Formosan" in ignorance. I understand that you have real life to do tho.
Last edited by Voxija on Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Speyland wrote:Hey! I'm sorry to say this, but I will no longer be participating in this RP due to IRL issues. That is my decision. I hope you would understand. I might come back though if everything seems to be in good shape.

Sorry to hear it Speyland. Hope everything resolves IRL for you. You are certainly welcome to come back in the future if things turn out ok for you.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Hey Islamic, could we perhaps avoid a situation where guns come out?

This doesn't really seem like an RP suited to players laying each other out

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Bolslania wrote:Hey Islamic, could we perhaps avoid a situation where guns come out?

One of your guns could jam and the other's could get stuck in the holster.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Hey Islamic, could we perhaps avoid a situation where guns come out?

One of your guns could jam and the other's could get stuck in the holster.

Even so, I don't think PvP violence is really meant to happen in this RP.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Got a post in the works, but could take a while with all new school stuff (sterner teachers now).
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Louisianan wrote:One of your guns could jam and the other's could get stuck in the holster.

Actually, we could have PvP violence if you want. I'll allow it. Just make it fun and don't kill each other (without character's permission that is).
Last edited by Talchyon on Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:53 am

Talchyon wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

Actually, we could have PvP violence if you want. I'll allow it. Just make it fun and don't kill each other (without character's permission that is).

pistolwhip pistolwhip pistolwhip

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Good idea... (Though I kind of wish we had a third participant to make it a classic standoff).

It was inevitable that such a scene would happen in a wild west setting - now we just need a way to comically foil it before either Booth or Trapmann get seriously hurt.

- I could have Booth collapse at the last minute from intense back pains, though that raises the question of whether he's left there or moved somewhere else.

- Booth's ego is running pretty high so it seems unlikely he'll just back down from Trapmann, even if its to his own detriment. Yet he's never actually killed anyone so won't go for his Derringer but will attempt to lasso Trapmann, which might end up getting him shot, possibly killed.

Depending on the outcome, we could have Booth injured and flee, swearing to repay the favor with Trapmann...

Talchyon wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

Or alternatively Trapmann can kill Booth right there (his dream of fame coming to an abrupt end) which could have interesting consequences (murder of a Deputy on a Sunday) but that might veer off from comedy.

I'm open to any further suggestions.

Also: I tend to just go by 'Jariri' or 'Jar'.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:18 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:

Good idea... (Though I kind of wish we had a third participant to make it a classic standoff).

It was inevitable that such a scene would happen in a wild west setting - now we just need a way to comically foil it before either Booth or Trapmann get seriously hurt.

- I could have Booth collapse at the last minute from intense back pains, though that raises the question of whether he's left there or moved somewhere else.

- Booth's ego is running pretty high so it seems unlikely he'll just back down from Trapmann, even if its to his own detriment. Yet he's never actually killed anyone so won't go for his Derringer but will attempt to lasso Trapmann, which might end up getting him shot, possibly killed.

Depending on the outcome, we could have Booth injured and flee, swearing to repay the favor with Trapmann...

Talchyon wrote:

Or alternatively Trapmann can kill Booth right there (his dream of fame coming to an abrupt end) which could have interesting consequences (murder of a Deputy on a Sunday) but that might veer off from comedy.

Maybe I'll have the inebriated Trapmann draw the revolver and prematurely pull the trigger and shoot Booth's toe off or something?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Bolslania wrote:

Maybe I'll have the inebriated Trapmann draw the revolver and prematurely pull the trigger and shoot Booth's toe off or something?

That's fine. That'll make Booth flee the scene. I'll have a post up where he attempts to lasso Trapmann, setting up the moment for when he gets shot.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Bolslania wrote:

That's fine. That'll make Booth flee the scene. I'll have a post up where he attempts to lasso Trapmann, setting up the moment for when he gets shot.

Well partner looks like we have ourselves a deal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Bolslania wrote:

Yup. A deal sealed with a loop of rope, a misfired bullet and a severed toe.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Bolslania wrote:

Yup. A deal sealed with a loop of rope, a misfired bullet and a severed toe.

And maybe he gets a new nickname out of it: "Toeless Joe."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse