NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Horse - (Old West Comedy / Dead / OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your favorite NPC(s)?

Beau Lagged, the French fur-trapper with the outrageous accent
29%
Buckaroo Bunjin
5%
Tater Frye
10%
Mayor Jeremiah Slick
14%
The two Italians, Guido and Lefty
5%
The Fells Cargo men
10%
The silent Indian in the jail
24%
Rev. Borkmann
5%

Total votes : 21

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:18 pm

Barapam wrote:
Kallidrus wrote:
8)

He's popular with the ladies I see! :lol2:

You could...say that. Yeah!

:eyebrow:
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
Rep. Jamal Patrick (L-SC)
Gov. Eleanor Cartwright (D-DE) (PENDING) (PAUSED)
Miss Charlotte Ettolrahc (Town Schoolteacher)
Go to wikipedia to check a single fact

;-;

Realize three hours later you know everything about the Soviet Union
https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-0.13&soc=0.77

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:21 pm

Was down in Memphis all day yesterday. What did I miss?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Was down in Memphis all day yesterday. What did I miss?

A seemingly-friendly schoolmarm who happens to be a serial killer, and a US Marshal who's just looking for a wife.
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:40 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
GRAND THEFT HORSE application

Name:Troy Eichmann
-snip-

Looks fine to me, except I was not able to see your RP sample. Whenever I want to post to a single post, right click on the little white box in the upper left hand side of the post, and then you can choose to copy the link to that post. Then use that link.

Troy is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:18 pm

I'll post tomorrow. It's kind of late right now.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:58 pm

There is no way Karen does not lead the knitting group.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:18 am

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:There is no way Karen does not lead the knitting group.

KAREN! LET MUH SEE THEM THAR KIDS!
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:08 am

Anyone need to replace some broken furniture?

Name: Johan Zimmermann
Job: Carpenter
Sex: Male
Appearance:
I couldn't find a good image, so here's a description. Johan Zimmermann is a little on the tall side, and is the textbook definition of lanky. He is dark haired and bearded, and looks younger then he actually is.

Skills: Carpentry, hunting

Stuff: A Pennsylvania long rifle built by his uncle, ammunition and supplies for said rifle, an old wide brimmed hat, a hammer, a brace and bit, a plane (the tool), and various other carpentry implements.

Goals: To provide for his family, and build things

Bio:
Johan Zimmermann was born into a family of Pennsylvania carpenters. His grandparents were German immigrants. Anyhow, he began learning his trade at the age of six, from his father. By the time he was eighteen, he was experienced in construction, furniture making, and general wood work. One of his uncles, a gunsmith, taught him to hunt. He was married to Eva Schneider, the daughter of a local baker. They were both eighteen. They remained in Pennsylvania for several years, and migrated to Texas in 1855. They, and their five children, wound up in the town of East Zilch.

RP sample: [url]See IC thread[/url]. 

Leave here: Hang'em
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:44 am

Kallidrus wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:There is no way Karen does not lead the knitting group.

Will Karen have to get ze flammenwerfer summon her revolvers? (Yes, I really need to post IC, but I have been doing THINGS and STUFF. Sorry.)
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:00 am

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Kallidrus wrote:

Will Karen have to get ze flammenwerfer summon her revolvers? (Yes, I really need to post IC, but I have been doing THINGS and STUFF. Sorry.)

Watch out for der Miniatur-Van
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:32 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Anyone need to replace some broken furniture?

-snip-

RP sample: [url]See IC thread[/url].  (OOC Comment - I found this hilarious, Pax. Having this phrase but keeping the coding even though you don't have a link for it just made smile.)

Carpenter Johan Zimmermann is ACCEPTED! Welcome (again) to Grand Theft Horse!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm

U.S Marshal Troy Eichmann has arrived in East Zilch.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:47 pm

My character does not have clairvoyance.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Voxija wrote:My character does not have clairvoyance.

That is great to hear; while my character doesn't have clairvoyance, she has Karenvoyance.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:27 pm

(Delete parentheses and everything in them when you're done)(no u)

Name: Phillip “Pip” Lei Redpan (or as he’s known by other Chinese speakers as “Pan Lei”)
Job: Alleged Attorney, Part time Pugilist, currently unemployed/in between jobs due to bureaucratic tomfoolery.
Appearance: A bronzed and stocky Miwok man, he wears his hair in the typical fashion of the Orient.

Skills: The man’s skilled with his hands as well as the books, and plays the atypical “dumb muscle” more or less rather well. He speaks only when needed and spoken to, and is the enlisted fisticuffs man/Worf Effecter to show when to (and when not to) cast fist. He’s certainly a long way from San Francisco, however, and extensive urbanite connections don’t mean a prairie-dog's derriere out in Zilch.

He’s currently trilingual, fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, and speaks “enough” Spanish, though he pretends to not know much English due to the stereotypes of Native Americans not exactly being the most talkative-if they even speak a lick of English to begin with. A stereotype he is more than willing to exploit for his own benefit.

Stuff: A near endless amount of business cards (“Have books, will travel”), his suits, various books on law and other clerking matters, several knives ranging from pocket to sizable. No firearms, oddly enough.

For Comedy, he can use the power of slapstick and deadpan snark, and needing to work on my own comedic work.

Goals: As cliche as it is, to find himself. He feels confident in his book-smarts, but he wants a community of his own, and to genuinely improve himself.

Bio: A pardner of Coast Miwok descent, parents died during the 1837 smallpox outbreak at the tender age of four, and after toddling into the big city, he followed around a group of Chinese immigrants long enough to be informally adopted and christened “Lei” (due to being found during a thunderstorm). Life was good, but hard, among the urban poor where he learned how to survive in the streets [cue fisticuffs/getting-his-ass beat montage] and to prep for life beyond it [cue high octane book reading montage]. He found his way as a bellboy in Hotel Carlton, and was considered quite a bright young lad, and by the patronage of the owner and several of his fellow Chinese immigrants, got his education in a Fransican school where he reconnected with his Native Roots. By the time he graduated, Philip Lei Redpan was well learned, but he didn’t quite know who or what he was. Sure he was enthralled by the vast open country his tribesmen had wandered for years, but he was too far “civilized” and their numbers too few for him to make a difference. Being an attorney for the downtrodden was well and good, and he was adopted by and large by the burgoing Chinese immigrant population, but he still didn’t entirely feel like he belonged there. Guided perhaps out of youthful idealism and wanderlust contagious with folks of the time, the young man went East hoping to take up law. Whether to practice or teach it remains to be seen...

RP sample: YEE-HAW

One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Danceria wrote:(Delete parentheses and everything in them when you're done)(no u)

Name: Phillip “Pip” Lei Redpan (or as he’s known by other Chinese speakers as “Pan Lei”)
Job: Alleged Attorney, Part time Pugilist, currently unemployed/in between jobs due to bureaucratic tomfoolery.
Appearance: A bronzed and stocky Miwok man, he wears his hair in the typical fashion of the Orient.

Skills: The man’s skilled with his hands as well as the books, and plays the atypical “dumb muscle” more or less rather well. He speaks only when needed and spoken to, and is the enlisted fisticuffs man/Worf Effecter to show when to (and when not to) cast fist. He’s certainly a long way from San Francisco, however, and extensive urbanite connections don’t mean a prairie-dog's derriere out in Zilch.

He’s currently trilingual, fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, and speaks “enough” Spanish, though he pretends to not know much English due to the stereotypes of Native Americans not exactly being the most talkative-if they even speak a lick of English to begin with. A stereotype he is more than willing to exploit for his own benefit.

Stuff: A near endless amount of business cards (“Have books, will travel”), his suits, various books on law and other clerking matters, several knives ranging from pocket to sizable. No firearms, oddly enough.

For Comedy, he can use the power of slapstick and deadpan snark, and needing to work on my own comedic work.

Goals: As cliche as it is, to find himself. He feels confident in his book-smarts, but he wants a community of his own, and to genuinely improve himself.

Bio: A pardner of Coast Miwok descent, parents died during the 1837 smallpox outbreak at the tender age of four, and after toddling into the big city, he followed around a group of Chinese immigrants long enough to be informally adopted and christened “Lei” (due to being found during a thunderstorm). Life was good, but hard, among the urban poor where he learned how to survive in the streets [cue fisticuffs/getting-his-ass beat montage] and to prep for life beyond it [cue high octane book reading montage]. He found his way as a bellboy in Hotel Carlton, and was considered quite a bright young lad, and by the patronage of the owner and several of his fellow Chinese immigrants, got his education in a Fransican school where he reconnected with his Native Roots. By the time he graduated, Philip Lei Redpan was well learned, but he didn’t quite know who or what he was. Sure he was enthralled by the vast open country his tribesmen had wandered for years, but he was too far “civilized” and their numbers too few for him to make a difference. Being an attorney for the downtrodden was well and good, and he was adopted by and large by the burgoing Chinese immigrant population, but he still didn’t entirely feel like he belonged there. Guided perhaps out of youthful idealism and wanderlust contagious with folks of the time, the young man went East hoping to take up law. Whether to practice or teach it remains to be seen...

RP sample: YEE-HAW

Danceria is here, welcome to the club bro.
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:44 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Danceria is here, welcome to the club bro.

Here to learn my ass the art of comedy, I have a feeling that the Pip-Man is a bit too serious for the setting, but perhaps it's better to start serious and find a way to organically make him humorous rather than make him outright a meme. Perhaps Sherman T. Potter vibes for those who've watched M*A*S*H.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Has anybody other than the bartender taking notice that a U.S MARSHAL is in East Zilch?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:18 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Has anybody other than the bartender taking notice that a U.S MARSHAL is in East Zilch?

Karen will. Shortly.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:20 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Has anybody other than the bartender taking notice that a U.S MARSHAL is in East Zilch?

The supposed attorney, or the small town equivalent of a district attorney/pencil pusher might also know that a U.S. MARHALL might've arrived...assuming the Pip-Man is accepted.
Obligatory Quotes below

Democratic Republic of Eiria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic Republic of Eiria » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Do you guys want to have a dedicated discord server dedicated to GTH?
"We unite under one banner, a banner of Justice, a banner of Truth. Long Live Democracy, Long Live Eiria, and, Most of all, Long Live The People!"
- Chancellor William Lancaster's Inauguration Speech

Wu Jiàn Mîn (Democratic Party) In the NS Parliament

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Democratic Republic of Eiria wrote:Do you guys want to have a dedicated discord server dedicated to GTH?

Right now, I'm going to say let's hold off on Discord for the time being. One of the things I am appreciating tremendously is how visible the OOC page is. That visibility has made this an outstanding first week for the RP. Lots of visibility also generates lots of interest. Lots of interest generates just the fun we all seem to be having. So let's keep that OOC visible and active and hold off on the Discord for now...

I may change my mind down the line, but for right now, I think it's working.

Danceria wrote:

-snip-

-more snip-

Bio: -even more snip-

Dance! Glad to have you. I look forward to seeing Pip's slapstick, deadpan snark, and whatever else your creative mind comes up with. I personally thought the bio was hilarious.

Phillip “Pip” Lei Redpan is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:58 pm

(I'm not dead, just been moving into my dorm, expect an app soon)
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:09 am

Sometimes people don't notice what's going on around them in real life. Is Troy's occupation a well-known fact? Not every U.S. Marshall advertises who they are.

Either way, I'm intrigued to see how you have him interact to things. Especially with any possible crime involving the caravans of stagecoaches bringing the 50 gold bars to Fort Knox.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:53 am

Talchyon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Anyone need to replace some broken furniture?

-snip-

RP sample: [url]See IC thread[/url].  (OOC Comment - I found this hilarious, Pax. Having this phrase but keeping the coding even though you don't have a link for it just made smile.)

Carpenter Johan Zimmermann is ACCEPTED! Welcome (again) to Grand Theft Horse!

Thanks! I like trying to make people laugh.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse