NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Horse - (Old West Comedy / Dead / OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your favorite NPC(s)?

Beau Lagged, the French fur-trapper with the outrageous accent
29%
Buckaroo Bunjin
5%
Tater Frye
10%
Mayor Jeremiah Slick
14%
The two Italians, Guido and Lefty
5%
The Fells Cargo men
10%
The silent Indian in the jail
24%
Rev. Borkmann
5%

Total votes : 21

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:52 pm

Talchyon wrote:And with that, we have launched the IC!

Can't wait to read your first posts!

Nice! Will be sure to start posting soon.

EDIT: I made my post, I hope it's cool.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Did anyone call for a crazy old prospector?
GRAND THEFT HORSE application

Name: John Westwood
-snip-

John Westwood is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!

Thanks! I'll try to post tomorrow.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:
Talchyon wrote:And with that, we have launched the IC!

Can't wait to read your first posts!

Nice! Will be sure to start posting soon.

So, yeah Danubian, I wasn't thinking that the stages were rolling into town that very moment.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:47 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:Nice! Will be sure to start posting soon.

So, yeah Danubian, I wasn't thinking that the stages were rolling into town that very moment.

Umm, oops. Will edit my post to comply with that.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:18 am

Apologies for suddenly dropping out of The Infinites RP. Busy schedules and RL commitments at the time really just took over. Anyway, I have some time on my hands now, and my schedule's more free, so I'm certain I can participate this time.

Name: Djingles
Job: Clown, part-time bodyguard-for-hire
Sex: 25
Appearance: Spoilered due to size.

Skills: Looking menacing, good ol' fisticuffs, juggling, miming, breathing fire, walking tightropes, riding a horse, hula hoops

Stuff: His clothes, his clown equipment (balls for juggling, alcohol for fire breathing, ropes, hoops), a horse named Dandy, a pistol

Goals: Djingles wants to be known as the best clown around in East Zilch, which technically he is because he seems to be the only one around. The townspeople doesn't recognize him as such though, because he looks more like a villain than a clown. His scary looks doesn't help, either. Still, he wants to prove to the town, and perhaps to himself, that scariness doesn't equal unfunny-ness.

Bio: Djingles, ever since his childhood, had wanted to make people laugh. He certainly had the skills and the knowledge to do so, for he knew all the jokes and the routines to make people laugh from East to West. Unfortunately, he was born with the genetic traits of being extremely large and bulky, which made him look menacing even as a child. His hard facial features, having come from generations of pioneering frontier people, gave him the look of a killer. Thus, he was forced to give up his dreams for a while and worked various odd jobs, jobs that took him from his home state in the East Coast towards parts unknown. Eventually, he had earned enough cash to allow himself to retire for a while, giving him the time he needed to pursue his dream again.

And thus, arriving in the sleepy little town of East Zilch, Djingles began trudging, once again, the path of comedic greatness...

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36078298&sid=fb19858cc847804f36f6ec2de59b4db8#p36078298.

Leave here: Hang'em
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:25 am

Castelia wrote:Apologies for suddenly dropping out of The Infinites RP. Busy schedules and RL commitments at the time really just took over. Anyway, I have some time on my hands now, and my schedule's more free, so I'm certain I can participate this time.

Name: Djingles
-snip-

Unique concept. Djingles is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Mind if I join this RP?
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:37 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Mind if I join this RP?

Not at all. We're just getting started, and only a few have introduced their characters.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:22 am

Oh, shit. Didn't even notice the IC was up. I need to pay more attention.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Can I assume the town hotel is on the top floor of the saloon and also has a stable?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:11 pm

Barapam wrote:Can I assume the town hotel is on the top floor of the saloon and also has a stable?

Sure. Feel free to make these things up as you wish. I have absolutely zero concern about what's in East Zilch and where it is.

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:06 pm

Has a schoolteacher position been filled yet?
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
Rep. Jamal Patrick (L-SC)
Gov. Eleanor Cartwright (D-DE) (PENDING) (PAUSED)
Miss Charlotte Ettolrahc (Town Schoolteacher)
Go to wikipedia to check a single fact

;-;

Realize three hours later you know everything about the Soviet Union
https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-0.13&soc=0.77

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Kallidrus wrote:Has a schoolteacher position been filled yet?

Nope. Feel free to make one.

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:23 pm

Name: Charlotte Ettolrahc (pronounced Eh-tel-rack)
Job: Town Schoolteacher
Sex: Female
Appearance:

Something like this, I guess. Couldn't find much. I even scrolled onto *gasp* PAGE TWO OF GOOGLE! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

+ Always dresses-up, due to being raised in an elite family of Pittsburgh
+ Wears makeup when possible, pretty much always
+ Can usually be seen wearing signature bright orange bonnets
+ Prized possession is a silk orange sleeveless dress
Yeah, she really fucking likes orange.

Skills: Er, teaching. Duh; Knitting;
Seduction
; Particularly good at English, Geography. Partly because her father was a diplomat.

Stuff: Small apartment-ish thing above the General Store, which is filled with various trinkets such as paintings, toiletries, clothing, etc. Normal house stuff.; Old violin she never learned to play, her father gifted it to her when she turned 18; Colt 45 revolver which she keeps buried under some clothes in her dresser; Horse named Dawn [Female | American Qrtr.]; Some very old cookies because why not

Goals: To settle down, establish a life in East Zilch. Nothing much else.

Bio: Charlotte Marie Ettolrahc was born May 4, 1835 in the up-and-coming "Gateway" town of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father was an ambitious young German immigrant named Adolf (no relation to H boi), and her mother a saloon girl whom Adolf had fallen for a few months earlier. Her parents married soon after her birth, but her mother tragically died during childbirth, giving birth to her brother Paul. It was around Charlotte's 7th birthday when her father was appointed Ambassador to Prussia, and she took a keen interest in geography. By the time she turned 18, her father had contracted consumption (tuberculosis) and was soon to pass on. Her brother had ran away at the age of 12, and nobody knew his whereabouts. He was said to have headed west, but that was just a rumor. Upon her father's passing, Charlotte decided to uproot her life in Pittsburgh and head west, searching for somewhere to start fresh. After wandering around Kansas for a while, she decided to come to Texas to avoid the Bleeding Kansas war. En route to Santa Fe (assuming East Zilch is somewhere in Southwest Texas), her stagecoach crashed near the outskirts of East Zilch. Charlotte was uninjured apart from a few scrapes and bruises, but the driver had fallen off and gotten trampled to death. The man had been very rude, so he probably deserved it. Charlotte grabbed her Colt 45 from her bag and fired a shot into the air. She proceeded to fire a few more shots, when a lonesome ol' cowboy came riding up beside the stagecoach. He helped her into town where some men helped her carry her bags into town. She was offered the apartment she lives in today by the shopkeep, and she graciously accepted. She then informed the men in town that she was interested in teaching, but the men told her that job was already filled by a Miss Hart. Under mysterious circumstances, Miss Hart was found dead, tied upside down in a bucket of water. Charlotte was promptly given the job of schoolteacher.

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486428&p=37524051#p37524051.

Really excited, never done comedic RP before but hell, why not give it a try right? I've also only done a female once, so that's new too! :lol:
Last edited by Kallidrus on Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Kallidrus wrote:Has a schoolteacher position been filled yet?

I will be creating a U.S Marshal character who is lightning quick on the draw and is half Sioux and half white if that is ok with you?
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:27 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I will be creating a U.S Marshal character who is lightning quick on the draw and is half Sioux and half white if that is ok with you?

Fine with me.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Kallidrus wrote:

Name: Charlotte Ettolrahc (pronounced Eh-tel-rack)

-snip-

Really excited, never done comedic RP before but hell, why not give it a try right? I've also only done a female once, so that's new too! :lol:

Excellent! Solid app, and we're pleased to have you mosey on into trying a comedy RP. On the first OOC post here, there is a spoiler that gives suggestions on how to write comedy. They're just a few observations I've had, but I hope they might be helpful to you and other writers as well.

Charlotte Ettolrahc is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:55 am

IC post is up. Hope it made someone chuckle for a split second. :p
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:23 am

Kallidrus wrote:IC post is up. Hope it made someone chuckle for a split second. :p

I thought it was a good first comedy RP post. You made me laugh. Especially with that whole bit of West Zilch and so on. Made me wonder about Charlotte's educational philosophy, and how it might be beyond the folks here. But they're good hearted people and support her anyway, because, she's a teacher and teachers should get respect even if they're convoluted.

Which reminds me - we will be having church the next day. And I have just the NPC pastor for it. Talk about convoluted sermons.

One other thing - with the knitting circle at 4 pm - I do want to eventually bring the Fells Cargo wagons into town just to give us something to react to, so don't get to the knitting group before I bring them in.

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:24 am

Talchyon wrote:
Kallidrus wrote:IC post is up. Hope it made someone chuckle for a split second. :p

I thought it was a good first comedy RP post. You made me laugh. Especially with that whole bit of West Zilch and so on. Made me wonder about Charlotte's educational philosophy, and how it might be beyond the folks here. But they're good hearted people and support her anyway, because, she's a teacher and teachers should get respect even if they're convoluted.

Which reminds me - we will be having church the next day. And I have just the NPC pastor for it. Talk about convoluted sermons.

One other thing - with the knitting circle at 4 pm - I do want to eventually bring the Fells Cargo wagons into town just to give us something to react to, so don't get to the knitting group before I bring them in.

Thanks, and will do!
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Name:Troy Eichmann
Job:U.S Marshal
Sex:Male
Appearance:

Skills:Lightning quick with draw, excellent skill with a revolver and rifle,knows how to cook can ride a horse with some skill,excellent tracker and scout due to him be half Navejo,tolerable at hand to hand combat

Stuff:Colt .44 Revolver, Remington .44 lever action rifle, His horse Asoka [Female, Apaloosa],a pocket watch given to him by his father, 200 dollars in cash, a locket with a picture of his mother and father, a saddle, his credentials.

Goals:Settle down with a good woman,Stop crime

Bio:Troy Eichmann was the oldest child of Elizabeth Eichmann,a Navejo woman and Rudolf Eichmann, a 1st Generation American in Santa Fe, New Mexico Territory. He dreamed that one day he would become a US Marshal after meeting one as a little boy. Unlike many people of his time period, Troy took his education seriously. At 22, he graduated from the University of St.Louis with a law degree. Soon after he graduated, he went the nearest US Marshal's office and applied to be a Marshal which he got. He send the next 9 year chasing after criminals and honing his gun skills.

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=484122

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:12 pm

lololololol ima have charlotte be very rude to yang
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Kallidrus wrote:lololololol ima have charlotte be very rude to yang

Looking forward to see how! :D
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Kallidrus
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Kallidrus » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Barapam wrote:
Kallidrus wrote:lololololol ima have charlotte be very rude to yang

Looking forward to see how! :D

8)
Trump/Pence 2020
Bernie 2020

;-;

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:17 pm

Kallidrus wrote:
Barapam wrote:Looking forward to see how! :D

8)

He's popular with the ladies I see! :lol2:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse