NATION

PASSWORD

The 1990s, A New World RP (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 am

Agarntrop wrote:Bruh i just wanted to invade kuwait and now you are all hell bent on rewriting history

A North Korean victory was extremely likely early on in the war.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 am

Strala wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Bruh i just wanted to invade kuwait and now you are all hell bent on rewriting history

A North Korean victory was extremely likely early on in the war.

They were pushed back very deep.
And then Incheon happened.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Strala wrote:A North Korean victory was extremely likely early on in the war.

They were pushed back very deep.

Yep. Either way in this timeline the North Koreans will win and will likely adopt Chinese like reforms during the 80s. So which option that I stated for a North Korean victory seems more likely?

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 am

Strala wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:They were pushed back very deep.

Yep. Either way in this timeline the North Koreans will win and will likely adopt Chinese like reforms during the 80s. So which option that I stated for a North Korean victory seems more likely?

I think the most likely is the UN either acts too slowly or fails to act entirely. While the US is busy trying to gather international support, the North Koreans are battering Pusan. I think this is possible, irl the Soviets boycotted the vote, but if they attended and vetoed it then the UN would be unable to act. Perhaps the Soviets could stall with a fake negotiation with the US to boycott the vote in return for american votes on other issues. Meanwhile, the South Koreans lose hope and finally surrender, probably around mid to late 1952. We could probably see a vietnam style exodus after this, with up to 2 million South Koreans escaping to the US. So perhaps you could have a slightly smaller population to account for this.

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:54 am

Agarntrop wrote:Country (Full Official Name): Iraqi Republic

Head Of Government: Saddam Hussein

Head Of State: Saddam Hussein

GDP: $179.9 billion

GDP Per Capita: $10,326.90

Population: 17.42 million

Currency: Iraqi dinar

Faction: Non-aligned

History: Same as Iraq IRL up until this point.

Did you read the rules in full?: Yes

Accepted.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:59 am

Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:ountry (Full Official Name): Republic of Taiwan

Head Of Government: Chen Shui-Bian

Head Of State: Chen Shui-Bian

GDP: 345 million U.S dollar

GDP Per Capita: 9876 U.S dollar

Population: 21.6 million

Currency: New Taiwanese dollar

Faction: NATO

History: Basically the same until in 1990, DPP win the election and declaring Taiwanese independence

I'm actually convinced to say yes to this, but you need to lower your population by 1 million, explain how Taiwan managed to declare independence and what went down when they did, and I think Taiwan has a Premier that holds the position of Head of Government, so that would also need to be changed.

Edit accordingly if you wish to join the RP.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:00 am

Monsone wrote:
Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:ountry (Full Official Name): Republic of Taiwan

Head Of Government: Chen Shui-Bian

Head Of State: Chen Shui-Bian

GDP: 345 million U.S dollar

GDP Per Capita: 9876 U.S dollar

Population: 21.6 million

Currency: New Taiwanese dollar

Faction: NATO

History: Basically the same until in 1990, DPP win the election and declaring Taiwanese independence

I'm actually convinced to say yes to this, but you need to lower your population by 1 million, explain how Taiwan managed to declare independence and what went down when they did, and I think Taiwan has a Premier that holds the position of Head of Government, so that would also need to be changed.

I think its also important to point out how his GDP is in the Millions

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:32 am

American Pere Housh wrote:Short range ballistic missiles not ICBMs. Now the MIM-104 Patriot PAC-2 is good anti air and and anti ballistic missile system. All PAC-1 systems are being upgraded to the PAC-2. German tanks crews know to hit the T-80 at its weakest point which is where the turret and chassis meet plus the Leopard 2 is far more mobile and can shoot very accurately while moving. We are ready for anything you can throw at us.

1) I never said ICBMs in the post you quoted. I simply said ballistic missiles; a broad definition which covers everything from an ICBM to a small toy rocket (if the trajectory is right).

2) Sure, all German crews know to aim for the tiny weak spot that from over 500m away is going to be tough to hit, let alone 1km out. No Soviet tank has a huge turret ring that is extremely obvious, so the weak spot becomes hard to tackle at range since it is so small. On the other hand, the Leopard 2 has that huge sight cut into the turret which is a weak spot as well as the whole chasis of the vehicle. Yes the turret armor is good because it's made of composite materials, but most of the Leopard 2 could be killed by a Soviet tank with ease.

And while the Leopard 2 does have better mobility, it still is much heavier than equivalent Soviet tanks which means the Leopard 2 can be constrained by how much weight bridges can take more often that a T-80 or a T-72. Speaking of which, Soviet tanks can also shoot on the move. In fact, practically every modern tank at the time could. Stabilizers where old technology by then, so most countries already knew how to implement and use them.

I'm not doubting the German Army is ready, but you've gravely underestimated the technology, firepower, and numbers the USSR can muster on it's own.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:33 am

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:
Monsone wrote:

I think its also important to point out how his GDP is in the Millions

That too. It should be $166.845 million.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:37 am

Monsone wrote:
The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:I think its also important to point out how his GDP is in the Millions

you mean billion right?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:40 am

Monsone wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Short range ballistic missiles not ICBMs. Now the MIM-104 Patriot PAC-2 is good anti air and and anti ballistic missile system. All PAC-1 systems are being upgraded to the PAC-2. German tanks crews know to hit the T-80 at its weakest point which is where the turret and chassis meet plus the Leopard 2 is far more mobile and can shoot very accurately while moving. We are ready for anything you can throw at us.

1) I never said ICBMs in the post you quoted. I simply said ballistic missiles; a broad definition which covers everything from an ICBM to a small toy rocket (if the trajectory is right).

2) Sure, all German crews know to aim for the tiny weak spot that from over 500m away is going to be tough to hit, let alone 1km out. No Soviet tank has a huge turret ring that is extremely obvious, so the weak spot becomes hard to tackle at range since it is so small. On the other hand, the Leopard 2 has that huge sight cut into the turret which is a weak spot as well as the whole chasis of the vehicle. Yes the turret armor is good because it's made of composite materials, but most of the Leopard 2 could be killed by a Soviet tank with ease.

And while the Leopard 2 does have better mobility, it still is much heavier than equivalent Soviet tanks which means the Leopard 2 can be constrained by how much weight bridges can take more often that a T-80 or a T-72. Speaking of which, Soviet tanks can also shoot on the move. In fact, practically every modern tank at the time could. Stabilizers where old technology by then, so most countries already knew how to implement and use them.

I'm not doubting the German Army is ready, but you've gravely underestimated the technology, firepower, and numbers the USSR can muster on it's own.

I think the real point being missed here is, why does any of this matter? Both of you know the strengths and weaknesses of these tanks, so...? Pretty much all armies have known the strengths and weaknesses of their enemies but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Allies knew how to destroy Panzer 4s and Germans knew how to destroy T-34s with their eyes closed. Even then, that doesn't really matter. What really matters is how you use what you have. Bickering about the capabilities of your tanks changes nothing, just move on and if you want to fight start scheming up battles doctrines and plans.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:41 am

Monsone wrote:

you mean billion right?

No. The number is accurate, here is the source.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 am

Monsone wrote:
The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:you mean billion right?

No. The number is accurate, here is the source.

Yah that says billion.

It’s says 166,845 millions

As in 166 billion, 845 million

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:33 am

Monsone wrote:No. The number is accurate, here is the source.

Yah that says billion.

It’s says 166,845 millions

As in 166 billion, 845 million

Well...that is why I won't read anything without my glasses on ever again.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:46 am

Can someone give me an IC rundown? Thanks
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:47 am

Agarntrop wrote:Can someone give me an IC rundown? Thanks

West Germany is going a bit crazy, and everyone is coming to terms with that, otherwise it's all just been internal development so far.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:49 am

Ah. Well I shall drop a bombshell soon.

Literally.
Left Without Edge

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:50 am

Agarntrop wrote:Ah. Well I shall drop a bombshell soon.

Literally.

Sounds interesting.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Monsone wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Ah. Well I shall drop a bombshell soon.

Literally.

Sounds interesting.

Rip kuwait

Just like gollitian but it happened irl
Left Without Edge

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 pm

Well.... what an interesting turn of events

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 pm

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:Well.... what an interesting turn of events

Hey it was a few months earlier than irl.
Left Without Edge

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Monsone wrote:Sounds interesting.

Rip kuwait

Eh, at least that migh distract Germany. Also, if you take Kuwait, maybe an agreement should be made between Iraq and the USSR to keep oil prices high as to profit since both of our nations are reliant on oil for our economies.
Mohn-sohn-eh

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Monsone wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Rip kuwait

Eh, at least that migh distract Germany. Also, if you take Kuwait, maybe an agreement should be made between Iraq and the USSR to keep oil prices high as to profit since both of our nations are reliant on oil for our economies.

Or...you could condemn the Iraqis - sanction them, alongside the Americans...drive up oil prices even further and end up richer than before thanks to the Iraqis.
Last edited by The Felan Federation on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:22 pm

The Felan Federation wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Or...you could condemn the Iraqis - sanction them, alongside the Americans...drive up oil prices even further and end up richer than before thanks to the Iraqis.

Has anyone apped as the US yet?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:23 pm

The Felan Federation wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Em... this is tricky, but tbh keeping Saddam in power is good for stability, and the Kuwaiti's had it coming they had been screwing with the Iraqi economy and with Iraqi security for decades.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse