NATION

PASSWORD

The 1990s, A New World RP (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:19 am

Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:ountry (Full Official Name): Republic of Taiwan

Head Of Government: Chen Shui-Bian

Head Of State: Chen Shui-Bian

GDP: 345 million U.S dollar

GDP Per Capita: 9876 U.S dollar

Population: 21.6 million

Currency: New Taiwanese dollar

Faction: NATO

History: Basically the same until in 1990, DPP win the election and declaring Taiwanese independence

Did you read the rules in full?: Yes

Question, what do you mean by declaring independence? I mean Taiwan was technically already independent you have a seperate government from mainland china, do you mean that you relinquished your claim to China and that you are officially the Republic of Taiwan now or ...?

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 am

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:
Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:ountry (Full Official Name): Republic of Taiwan

Head Of Government: Chen Shui-Bian

Head Of State: Chen Shui-Bian

GDP: 345 million U.S dollar

GDP Per Capita: 9876 U.S dollar

Population: 21.6 million

Currency: New Taiwanese dollar

Faction: NATO

History: Basically the same until in 1990, DPP win the election and declaring Taiwanese independence

Did you read the rules in full?: Yes

Question, what do you mean by declaring independence? I mean Taiwan was technically already independent you have a seperate government from mainland china, do you mean that you relinquished your claim to China and that you are officially the Republic of Taiwan now or ...?

If the roc declared independence china would have invaded it 100%
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:46 am

Agarntrop wrote:
The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:Question, what do you mean by declaring independence? I mean Taiwan was technically already independent you have a seperate government from mainland china, do you mean that you relinquished your claim to China and that you are officially the Republic of Taiwan now or ...?

If the roc declared independence china would have invaded it 100%

Really? I would think the Chinese would dislike it but def not have invaded. I mean the island was already acting independently, and love it or hate, that does mean they relinquish their claim to China, which means PR China can finally be fully recognized and doesn't have to try and curry favor from a bunch of nations just to keep a seat in the UN.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 am

Agarntrop wrote:If the roc declared independence china would have invaded it 100%

Really? I would think the Chinese would dislike it but def not have invaded. I mean the island was already acting independently, and love it or hate, that does mean they relinquish their claim to China, which means PR China can finally be fully recognized and doesn't have to try and curry favor from a bunch of nations just to keep a seat in the UN.

Declaring independence would essentially be rebellion in China's eyes and give them causus beli to invade. No Taiwanese leader with an iq above 20 would think it was a good idea
Left Without Edge

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 am

Agarntrop wrote:
The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:Really? I would think the Chinese would dislike it but def not have invaded. I mean the island was already acting independently, and love it or hate, that does mean they relinquish their claim to China, which means PR China can finally be fully recognized and doesn't have to try and curry favor from a bunch of nations just to keep a seat in the UN.

Declaring independence would essentially be rebellion in China's eyes and give them causus beli to invade. No Taiwanese leader with an iq above 20 would think it was a good idea

China already has a casus belli to invade, it's a rebel territory, you ever wonder why they dont? Its not cause they don't have a casus belli, its cuz there are other powers who have an active interest in stopping them.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 am

Agarntrop wrote:Declaring independence would essentially be rebellion in China's eyes and give them causus beli to invade. No Taiwanese leader with an iq above 20 would think it was a good idea

China already has a casus belli to invade, it's a rebel territory, you ever wonder why they dont? Its not cause they don't have a casus belli, its cuz there are other powers who have an active interest in stopping them.

Then why hasn't Taiwan declared independence?
Left Without Edge

Lisbane
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:07 am

Taiwan is an independent country because of America and Japan, that is the only reason, not because they haven't declared themselves an independent nation, but simply because they are protected by American vessels and Japanese diplomacy. I wouldn't recommend you take Taiwan if you clearly don't understand the Geopolitics surrounding it, however, if you do take it, I am the UK, and would like to hold some diplomatic talks with you.
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:07 am

Agarntrop wrote:
The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:China already has a casus belli to invade, it's a rebel territory, you ever wonder why they dont? Its not cause they don't have a casus belli, its cuz there are other powers who have an active interest in stopping them.

Cause they don't want to, they still want a claim over china.

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:08 am

Agarntrop wrote:
The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:China already has a casus belli to invade, it's a rebel territory, you ever wonder why they dont? Its not cause they don't have a casus belli, its cuz there are other powers who have an active interest in stopping them.

Because if it was to declare independence, it would be relinquishing its claim to the Chinese mainland, which it still holds to this day. Furthermore, the powers that be, NATO, etc. wouldn't even recognize the declaration, for fear of the Chinese retaliating.
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:11 am

Lisbane wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Then why hasn't Taiwan declared independence?

Because if it was to declare independence, it would be relinquishing its claim to the Chinese mainland, which it still holds to this day. Furthermore, the powers that be, NATO, etc. wouldn't even recognize the declaration, for fear of the Chinese retaliating.

Exactly.

So why would that happen in this rp?

No sensible Taiwanese leader would do that
Left Without Edge

Free Republic of Hong Kong
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:12 am

This is a satire for DPP
HKTV News = An terrorist affliated with Tupeia bombs National Tower killing 154 people and 677 injured NTV News = Communist Alliance leader Kwok Wan sentenced to exile due to treason, SBC News = First free and fair elections held in Sichuan, estimates Zhao Waofang from SDP will win

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 am

Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:This is a satire for DPP

Btw your GDP figures make zero sense, and your population is one million too high

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:16 am

I'm not against an independent Taiwan, but it certainly would have difficulties with the Chinese.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:16 am

I am not an strict realist
HKTV News = An terrorist affliated with Tupeia bombs National Tower killing 154 people and 677 injured NTV News = Communist Alliance leader Kwok Wan sentenced to exile due to treason, SBC News = First free and fair elections held in Sichuan, estimates Zhao Waofang from SDP will win

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:17 am

This RP is strictly realistic, so I don't think its for you tbh. You can change some details, but an Independent Taiwan would be a point of international contention.
Last edited by Lisbane on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 am

I don't know, it might be fun, but definitely fast paced, and you'd constantly have the Chinese trying to duck you over.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:40 am

Lisbane wrote:I don't know, it might be fun, but definitely fast paced, and you'd constantly have the Chinese trying to duck you over.

But the Chinese is not an commie. Negotiating will be easier

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44 am

Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:
Lisbane wrote:I don't know, it might be fun, but definitely fast paced, and you'd constantly have the Chinese trying to duck you over.

But the Chinese is not an commie. Negotiating will be easier

Honestly it really wouldn’t. The Republic of China, which stil has a apple emoji for some reason, would take it as rebellion and invade you.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:48 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:But the Chinese is not an commie. Negotiating will be easier

Honestly it really wouldn’t. The Republic of China, which stil has a apple emoji for some reason, would take it as rebellion and invade you.

Negotiating an 1 Country Two Systems is much likely as we more trust an denocratic China than an commie

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:51 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:Honestly it really wouldn’t. The Republic of China, which stil has a apple emoji for some reason, would take it as rebellion and invade you.

Negotiating an 1 Country Two Systems is much likely as we more trust an denocratic China than an commie

China in this RP is still communist and Korea will be a United communist nation after I get my app done

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:51 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:Honestly it really wouldn’t. The Republic of China, which stil has a apple emoji for some reason, would take it as rebellion and invade you.

They would still find that as a rebellion. It doesn’t matter the system or government, neither one would let that go. Taiwan would not be allowed to go through without fighting a war that’s not going to Be won.

I understand you’re not much of a realist, but there still does have to be a realistic sense.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:52 am

Strala wrote:
Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:Negotiating an 1 Country Two Systems is much likely as we more trust an denocratic China than an commie

China in this RP is still communist and Korea will be a United communist nation after I get my app done

I would like to see your history to see how NK won the war.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am

And with the Soviet becoming pro-America and China had nukes. Would ghat mean a nuke war and that was not an funny thing to do

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Strala wrote:China in this RP is still communist and Korea will be a United communist nation after I get my app done

I would like to see your history to see how NK won the war.

There're several ways that I'm thinking of. One of them was if America didn't intervene or the Soviet ambassador vetoed the U.N Security council resolution. America wasn't that interested in Korea before the civil war and it wouldn't be hard to believe they wouldn't have sent troops if there were no resolution. Another was if the North Koreans won the battle of Pusan the Americans decided not to land at Ichon, or the Chinese intervention was far more devastating and forced the U.N to retreat. Personally I'm leaning towards the latter two options. What're your thoughts?
Last edited by Strala on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am

Bruh i just wanted to invade kuwait and now you are all hell bent on rewriting history
Left Without Edge

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse