NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: Civilization's Dawn [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:55 am

So, turns out occasionally everyone's research is going to succeed with my new system... might have to nerf that.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, turns out occasionally everyone's research is going to succeed with my new system... might have to nerf that.

Says the guy with three techs to everyone else's 0-1 :p
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:08 am

At least he doesn't have any help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:32 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, turns out occasionally everyone's research is going to succeed with my new system... might have to nerf that.

Says the guy with three techs to everyone else's 0-1 :p

Heh, yeah. The amount of times I had to reroll that d23 because Jarn had already succeeded was... rather silly. Five or six, if memory serves.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:19 am

Is it possible to assign a worker to one task (which is mostly complete, like half a building) and then say "if finished, prioritize X"? I get the impression that Scholars have debuffs on manual labor like building and gathering, and I don't want mine to try to do both things and achieve little to no results with either.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:10 am

It's actually strange that the two island cultures are the first ones on the IC and are shown in some kind of compare and contrast between the two?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:14 am

Man it would be cool if G clustered cultures based on their similarities.

Knowing him he probably plopped fantasy rome right next to fantasy china :p

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:23 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Man it would be cool if G clustered cultures based on their similarities.

I actually believe that I'm around you, Elerain, and Tau based on you guys being near jungle and the tropical island ecosystem actually came from the mainland. Which means that I'm not as far away as I noticed.

But nevertheless, I'm glad I managed to learn smoking and now I can preserve shit and finally scout the island without worrying about becoming like the others who are getting hit with starvation.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 am

Based on the way he introduced us, the sun rising and setting, I wouldn't be surprised if they were arranged east to west by introduction, though it could have been entirely thematic.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am

I hope it's thematic I intended for the Huang to be in the eastern part of the world.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 am

Ralnis wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:Man it would be cool if G clustered cultures based on their similarities.

I actually believe that I'm around you, Elerain, and Tau based on you guys being near jungle and the tropical island ecosystem actually came from the mainland. Which means that I'm not as far away as I noticed.

But nevertheless, I'm glad I managed to learn smoking and now I can preserve shit and finally scout the island without worrying about becoming like the others who are getting hit with starvation.

Yeah I figured the Haunca where nearby. I just need to get some iron or copper before I fall behind in development don't want to become Cadmus 2.0

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:58 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I actually believe that I'm around you, Elerain, and Tau based on you guys being near jungle and the tropical island ecosystem actually came from the mainland. Which means that I'm not as far away as I noticed.

Yeah I figured the Haunca where nearby. I just need to get some iron or copper before I fall behind in development don't want to become Cadmus 2.0

Well if I'm near you then I can export copper in exchange for plants. I also should have stone due to mountains on my west(maybe iron itself) and that stuff will be very needed for my magic later on. Especially copper.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Uh oh.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:07 pm

@G-Tech how many people can one worker feed?

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Twins! I have twins! XD

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:09 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Based on the way he introduced us, the sun rising and setting, I wouldn't be surprised if they were arranged east to west by introduction, though it could have been entirely thematic.

Amusingly, nobody has read the first post that closely yet :P

Lazarian wrote:Is it possible to assign a worker to one task (which is mostly complete, like half a building) and then say "if finished, prioritize X"? I get the impression that Scholars have debuffs on manual labor like building and gathering, and I don't want mine to try to do both things and achieve little to no results with either.

Sure, you can assign folks however you want.

Novas Arcanum wrote:@G-Tech how many people can one worker feed?

That depends on a host of factors - how they're attempting to gather food, what type of food they're gathering, their personal condition, the tools they are using, what they food requirements of the people they need to feed are, etc.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:11 pm

So me and Ainu and G are close by maybe? Maybe I can help or vassalize the Ainu if they still exist?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:15 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Based on the way he introduced us, the sun rising and setting, I wouldn't be surprised if they were arranged east to west by introduction, though it could have been entirely thematic.

Amusingly, nobody has read the first post that closely yet :P

Lazarian wrote:Is it possible to assign a worker to one task (which is mostly complete, like half a building) and then say "if finished, prioritize X"? I get the impression that Scholars have debuffs on manual labor like building and gathering, and I don't want mine to try to do both things and achieve little to no results with either.

Sure, you can assign folks however you want.

Novas Arcanum wrote:@G-Tech how many people can one worker feed?

That depends on a host of factors - how they're attempting to gather food, what type of food they're gathering, their personal condition, the tools they are using, what they food requirements of the people they need to feed are, etc.

Does that mean I'm right? :p

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:17 pm

"As it begins its journey up out of the west"

Bish what???

Apparently the sun rises in the WEST in this world, and journeys EAST, so the order is WEST to EAST top down.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Elerian wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I actually believe that I'm around you, Elerain, and Tau based on you guys being near jungle and the tropical island ecosystem actually came from the mainland. Which means that I'm not as far away as I noticed.

Uh oh.

Why is that bad?

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Elerian wrote:
Uh oh.

Why is that bad?

Ralnis wrote:So me and Ainu and G are close by maybe? Maybe I can help or vassalize the Ainu if they still exist?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:19 pm

:o I specifally said the Huang are easterners *faints*

Big mad if I can't make the Ainu Tributary Wō State.
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote::o I specifally said the Huang are easterners *faints*

Big mad if I can't make the Ainu Tributary Wo State.

Well they ARE easterners if I'm reading G's cheekiness correctly.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Hungary and Novas are relatively near me, though I did specifically ask for some breathing room.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:22 pm

I want breathing space too I'd be fine with not discovering anyone this era low key.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse