NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: Civilization's Dawn [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:48 am

Just a brief blurb, I'm still hoping to get that co-write with Hungary to help set the scene better.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:05 pm

So only about 4 or 5 tribes have copper smelting(do not count G). Now I'm wandering how many people will actually reach bronze or iron working. I think I'm close? If my second tier of Teslanite matches iron then all good, but I'm wandering how long will it take for those tribes to make it.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm

So only about 4 or 5 tribes have copper smelting(do not count G). Now I'm wandering how many people will actually reach bronze or iron working. I think I'm close? If my second tier of Teslanite matches iron then all good, but I'm wandering how long will it take for those tribes to make it.

As it stands, I'm just straight up not going to have either of those things. I haven't got the metal! What I do have, however, is obsidian. And camels. And miles and miles of gasping desert. For now, it'll have to do.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:14 pm

Ralnis wrote:So only about 4 or 5 tribes have copper smelting(do not count G). Now I'm wandering how many people will actually reach bronze or iron working. I think I'm close? If my second tier of Teslanite matches iron then all good, but I'm wandering how long will it take for those tribes to make it.

I've got pig iron already, but hopefully I can make better iron soon.
Last edited by Elerian on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:26 pm

Ralnis wrote:So only about 4 or 5 tribes have copper smelting(do not count G). Now I'm wandering how many people will actually reach bronze or iron working. I think I'm close? If my second tier of Teslanite matches iron then all good, but I'm wandering how long will it take for those tribes to make it.

Would hope such endeavors take a large amount of time given such developments took millenia and invalidate other developments.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:36 pm

Damn, Olth coming out with yet another banger. I love it.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Pragia wrote:

Would hope such endeavors take a large amount of time given such developments took millenia and invalidate other developments.

Well, not exactly. You can view this RP as a sort of, well, 'guidance period' for development that will take place. After we're finished here we are essentially going to jump forward a few hundred to a thousand years, into the period of small Bronze Age city states. The prosperity/power/etc. of those city states will be extrapolated from this RP, even though in this RP development is occurring unrealistically quickly.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:42 pm

All I need to do is trade for some iron from the Pennethelli and research Charcoal to melt it. My overall infrastructure is pretty close.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:43 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Pragia wrote:Would hope such endeavors take a large amount of time given such developments took millenia and invalidate other developments.

Well, not exactly. You can view this RP as a sort of, well, 'guidance period' for development that will take place. After we're finished here we are essentially going to jump forward a few hundred to a thousand years, into the period of small Bronze Age city states. The prosperity/power/etc. of those city states will be extrapolated from this RP, even though in this RP development is occurring unrealistically quickly.

Don't think we're close to the end as of yet. Many of copper smelthing but only two have iron/bronze/magical bullshit.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Pragia wrote:Would hope such endeavors take a large amount of time given such developments took millenia and invalidate other developments.

I see, makes sense then. Just felt a bit odd that some were jumping straight to iron.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Pragia wrote:

I see, makes sense then. Just felt a bit odd that some were jumping straight to iron.

Yep. It is mainly a result of the juxtaposition of wanting to have characters be relevant to the story, but also wanting meaningful guiding developments to occur.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:50 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

All I need to do is trade for some iron from the Pennethelli and research Charcoal to melt it. My overall infrastructure is pretty close.

Damn dirty traders and their mundane uses for spreading tech. We islanders have to use magic to smelt the magic into our metal!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:All I need to do is trade for some iron from the Pennethelli and research Charcoal to melt it. My overall infrastructure is pretty close.

Damn dirty traders and their mundane uses for spreading tech. We islanders have to use magic to smelt the magic into our metal!

Hey, why do you think I've been doing so much infrastructure :p I need something to trade with!

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Trying to think on the overall direction I wanted to take mine, was hoping to be a horde of raiders and slavers, but if things are jumping ahead it could be cool to have it become a settled horde with an underclass.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm thinking I'm doing well so far. Kinda prioritizing on people's wellbeing for the most part rather than trying to get fancy smancy tech. G can vouch that for the majority of my gameplay it's mainly been making sure that my people are well clothed and living in good tenting.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I'm thinking I'm doing well so far. Kinda prioritizing on people's wellbeing for the most part rather than trying to get fancy smancy tech. G can vouch that for the majority of my gameplay it's mainly been making sure that my people are well clothed and living in good tenting.

You're certainly ready when a blizzard covers the northern steppes.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:05 pm

I just need charcoal for fuel but given how long it's taking I fear it'll be many years before I can work iron

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:37 pm

What factors will all go into it? Population, techs...relations with neighbors? Do we have any input on what we'd like to have our city-states look like? What size of city state are we talking? Also, when do we make the jump?

Not to bomb you with too many questions, I'm just interested in the next stage.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Lazarian wrote:

What factors will all go into it? Population, techs...relations with neighbors? Do we have any input on what we'd like to have our city-states look like? What size of city state are we talking? Also, when do we make the jump?

G can likely be more detailed than I, but one thing I would definitely suggest is developing any of your "primitive" techs further. Typically future stages consolidate techs of lesser ones, so "primitive" techs are usually discarded because the progression wasn't significant enough.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Lazarian wrote:

Population, tech, resource access, development of infrastructure, all that jazz. You'll get plenty of input, mainly deciding on focuses during the timeskip and responses to events. I'll be aiming for a city of many hundreds to low thousands for most civilizations. I couldn't tell you the time, but probably within the next month or so.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:

I just need charcoal for fuel but given how long it's taking I fear it'll be many years before I can work iron

Speaking of trade and fuel. I hope once that raft is done I can actually meet some people to trade with. Teslanite is a no-go but I would think that normal copper would make me a lot of wealth in getting some actually seeds and animals to domesticate.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:

Speaking of trade and fuel. I hope once that raft is done I can actually meet some people to trade with. Teslanite is a no-go but I would think that normal copper would make me a lot of wealth in getting some actually seeds and animals to domesticate.

Iron boyz.

Yeah I think for now my main goals are building enough housing, getting has many crops has I can, growing my population and also getting stuff that gives civ points like writing etc.

That in addition to destroying the Nanfang.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:49 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Speaking of trade and fuel. I hope once that raft is done I can actually meet some people to trade with. Teslanite is a no-go but I would think that normal copper would make me a lot of wealth in getting some actually seeds and animals to domesticate.

Iron boyz.

Yeah I think for now my main goals are building enough housing, getting has many crops has I can, growing my population and also getting stuff that gives civ points like writing etc.

I should start getting into writing and then record keeping to help show that I have moved past pantomimes.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Damn, Olth coming out with yet another banger. I love it.

Thanks.

Hey, if you don't feel like writing about yourself - try writing about someone else. It works! Really!
Last edited by Olthenia on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:
Iron boyz.

I should start getting into writing and then record keeping to help show that I have moved past pantomimes.

Same, but I need to sate my new military faction (of one) and also get iron smelting first. Then I can do writing and record-keeping if I have time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse