NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: Civilization's Dawn [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:20 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:MAIZE FOR THE MAIZE GOD
MORE MAIZE FOR THE MAIZE THRONE

Bruh, imma gonna need all your Maizes.

*Prepping horses for war*

Raider alliance when?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:45 pm

So do I know how many years it will take to have a fully grown breadfruit grove?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:So do I know how many years it will take to have a fully grown breadfruit grove?

How would you know that after studying them for a single year?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So do I know how many years it will take to have a fully grown breadfruit grove?

Because mechanics that's why.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Because mechanics that's why.

Mechanics try their hardest to follow realism, save where that would be too harsh :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Ralnis wrote:Because mechanics that's why.

Mechanics try their hardest to follow realism, save where that would be too harsh :P

Don't patronize me! I live in the Amazon!
But I'm guessing comprehension means access to Cultivation so let's get that working so I can move to copper smithing and then getting one of my big goals ready.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:16 pm

I do feel like this is a pretty nice version of the tribal stage. I do recall the previous version everybody suffering so much that we begged G to go to city-state to spare us of the ensuing disaster that would've come had we stayed.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:17 pm

If I assign children with a simple project (for example, Wheat Comprehension), can any results come from it? Or do they not have any Research abilities at all until 12?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Lazarian wrote:If I assign children with a simple project (for example, Wheat Comprehension), can any results come from it? Or do they not have any Research abilities at all until 12?

Novas Arcanum wrote:Trainee workers can gather food right?

Sure - but keep in mind that these are still young children. The main benefit they are getting is training in their chosen profession, not goods for the tribe. Their contributions are quite marginal.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Trainee workers can gather food right?

Sure - but keep in mind that these are still young children. The main benefit they are getting is training in their chosen profession, not goods for the tribe. Their contributions are quite marginal.

Ah, so they've got a research multiplier of like 0.1 or something. Nice. :p
Last edited by Lazarian on Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:29 pm

I wonder if there's even a point of me having medicinal herbs this version. Not only do they struggle to have kids, but when they do someone always comes close to dying.

Then you have people who don't even try and they have kids no issue.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Headsup for everyone: after multiple complaints, cereal crops are being rebalanced. They will be notably less effective to gather from, reflecting their undomesticated status in this era. If you have been relying on those crops for your food source, you should consider alternatives.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:49 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Headsup for everyone: after multiple complaints, cereal crops are being rebalanced. They will be notably less effective to gather from, reflecting their undomesticated status in this era. If you have been relying on those crops for your food source, you should consider alternatives.

Ouch, I'd have picked a different starting resource if I knew this was going to happen. >.>

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Lazarian wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Headsup for everyone: after multiple complaints, cereal crops are being rebalanced. They will be notably less effective to gather from, reflecting their undomesticated status in this era. If you have been relying on those crops for your food source, you should consider alternatives.

Ouch, I'd have picked a different starting resource if I knew this was going to happen. >.>

At least you don't have to wait like several years to get breadfruit.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Lazarian wrote:

Oh they’re still a significant boon. Just not “automatic transition to the Bronze Age” tier.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Speaking of which, when will we make the transition to bronze age?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Ralnis wrote:Speaking of which, when will we make the transition to bronze age?

We have a good thing going, best not jump the ship just yet.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

We have a good thing going, best not jump the ship just yet.

Who said I was jumping ship?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:13 pm

I’m aiming for at least a generation or two before I contemplate any timeskip, really. Potentially more if folks stay active.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:32 pm

I’m aiming for at least a generation or two before I contemplate any timeskip, really. Potentially more if folks stay active.

Considering my school is now making me quarantine for two weeks once I get to school, shouldn’t be a problem on my end.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:59 pm

Calculated Risk was taken.. but RNGsus punished me for my arrogance. Hopefully it doesn't turn for the worst. If this happened in the last region I was settled in, there probably wasn't enough food around to keep an ill member alive.

Also, with the various wandering bands out there, its only a matter of a few decades before we run into one of the settled tribes. Or at the very least one of their scouts come across us or our previous encampments.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Nuxipal wrote:Calculated Risk was taken.. but RNGsus punished me for my arrogance. Hopefully it doesn't turn for the worst. If this happened in the last region I was settled in, there probably wasn't enough food around to keep an ill member alive.

Also, with the various wandering bands out there, its only a matter of a few decades before we run into one of the settled tribes. Or at the very least one of their scouts come across us or our previous encampments.

Once I have a farm up and running, I'll be scouting like crazy - so there's that.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:22 pm

Part of me is wondering if having two warriors instead of a scout and warrior was a good decision, but hopefully the wolfhounds will help even that out a bit.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Prusslandia wrote:Part of me is wondering if having two warriors instead of a scout and warrior was a good decision, but hopefully the wolfhounds will help even that out a bit.

It killed me to skip out on scholar.. but it does mean that I get to use my special bows and still have a worker.. workers can be life savers. Though, this nomadic band thing is quite interesting compared to having a single, really over powered character.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:05 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:Part of me is wondering if having two warriors instead of a scout and warrior was a good decision, but hopefully the wolfhounds will help even that out a bit.

It killed me to skip out on scholar.. but it does mean that I get to use my special bows and still have a worker.. workers can be life savers. Though, this nomadic band thing is quite interesting compared to having a single, really over powered character.

I like it quite a bit. I'm hoping the warfare bonuses will even out against the tribes greater technological prowess, especially since only a few people seem to have any warriors at all.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse