NATION

PASSWORD

Draken Falls (OOC/Slice of Life/Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Probably too late at night for me to write anything good but if I have time tomorrow and can focus I'll get an app going.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:32 pm

When u have multiple character ideas and can’t decide who to ship with who: polyamory.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:55 pm

App
Name: Merlin Emrys (birth name Myrddin Ambrose)
Age: He’s about 1500 years old and some change, give or take...but he most often appears as a man in his mid 40s, early 50s.
Race: Cambion (half demon, half human)
Appearance: His true form is a tall, slender man standing at around 6’4...he’s got chest length blond hair streaked with gray, often worn in a loose plait and his short, pointed beard is the same color. His eyes are dark blue, almost indigo...and he’s got several tattoos.

Abilities: Considered one of the greatest wizards in the world, Merlin has tremendous magical power. But due to his half-demon heritage, he is unable to use his magic in the presence of holy relics or on hallowed ground...like it just literally shuts off. He’s also able to tap into his more demonic half, but this usually comes out involuntarily whenever he loses control of his emotions.

Personality: Merlin is a chaotic, feral, half-demon bastard with too much power and zero morals (although his friendly and easygoing nature is disarming). Used up all his fucks by age five, does literally whatever he wants because he’s immortal and a powerful af wizard so there used to be like zero consequences for him but now he just gets in trouble with the city police a lot (one incident in 1900 had the Draken authorities and the Magi Council strip him of his powers for 50 years). He’s now currently on probation and forbidden to leave the city limits for an indefinite time. Getting his powers stripped hasn’t made him law abiding, it just made him more sneaky. His favorite hobby is stealing forbidden magic secrets and manipulating events because he’s bored with too much time on his hands. He’s a walking disaster bisexual and the only things on this planet he gives even half a shit about anymore are his wife and his husband.

Bio: Born in Carmarthen, South Wales in the mid 5th century, Merlin is the son of Sister Alden, a Welsh princess and the product of a spell gone wrong. Alden had consecrated her virginity to God and taken the veil as a nun at an early age, but was raped by Lucifer in disguise...the child was intended to be the Antichrist as a counterpoint to Jesus’ influence on earth. Out of that, Merlin and his twin sister Ganieda were born. Ever since they were small children, the gift of prophecy and magic were evident in the two despite their baptism immediately after birth (which washed away the evil but not the power).

Growing up in the Abbey of Saint-Peter, he first appeared onto the world stage as a young man by using his prophetic power to make a prediction for King Vortigern, and then becoming an advisor to Uther Pendragon...after the young Merlin escaped Vortigern, he defected to King Aurelius Ambrosius’ camp where he became close friends with both Aurelius and his younger brother Uther. Over time, Merlin’s relationship with Uther turned into a romantic one, and was his closest advisor when he finally became king (he would consider Uther the first great love of his life). After some decades, Uther nearly died at the hands of an assassin when Merlin was absent from the court and he would feel guilt about this event for the rest of his life. They were eventually able to heal him after Merlin pulled some strings with the Lady of the Lake, though he abdicated after some time.
After Uther’s abdication, the wizard devoted himself to the care of Britain and the care of his godson, King Arthur. He was dealt another blow when Arthur and his men died during the Battle of Camlann, and after seeing Arthur buried in Avalon, Merlin retired from public life and spent many years just traveling with Uther...wanting to get as far away from the painful memories of Britain as he could.

During these years of travel, Merlin and Uther stopped for a brief time in Salem, Massachusetts (shortly before the witch trials began)...where he met a young sorceress named Max living in hiding (who would be known as the other great love of his life). She’d fled before the Trials but had come back to rescue some friends of hers, and asked for Merlin’s help in freeing them. She offered him the magic secrets that were locked away underneath Salem’s streets in exchange, and so he agreed. It started out as a business arrangement, but they became friends the more time they spent together and eventually fell in love. After their mission, the three of them took the grimoires from Max’s underground vault and made their own escape, living in various places before settling down in Draken City early in its founding. They live together with Uther and their children in an immortal poly family (but it works for them)...some would consider them odd ducks, but who’s really going to do anything about it.
Last edited by Nuridia on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:39 am

App
Name: Max Frostwind-Emrys
Age: Stopped aging at around 40-ish, is actually 354 years old.
Race: Mageborn (a subspecies of human)
Appearance: (the redhead): https://images.app.goo.gl/SvAuUNRC3ZCmbQns8
Abilities: Though not on the same power level as her husband, Max herself is a pretty formidable warlock...with storm-based spells, dark magic and shields/wards being her specialty. Like Merlin, she has the ability to shapeshift (but usually into animals for her) and can transmute objects into other objects.
Personality: Max is a pretty easygoing “middle-aged” woman, likes to chill and have a laugh. Although she’s sweet and nice, her mouth certainly isn’t. Uther often jokes that “her favorite word in the dictionary is “cunt”, she swears sooooo much. She’s fun-loving and affable with a tiny bit of chaos, but nowhere near on Merlin’s level. She prefers to do quiet activities like studying spells or baking during her down time, but her idea of an exciting weekend is going on some epic adventure.

Bio: Born Maximilienne Argyla Frostwind, Max was the third child of seven born in Àite Draoidh, a Scottish city-enclave of sorcerers and mages that had been established when the medieval witch trials by the Catholic Church first began in around the 1300s or so. She lived with her siblings among a group of mageborn...an offshoot of humans that had bred around with other supernatural races so much that they became their own species...human in appearance and almost every other way except for a natural propensity to magic and much longer lifespans. She lived there until she was around eleven, when her parents decided to move to Salem in order to be among the growing magic community there. Everything was peaceful, until things came to a head in the year 1692, when the staunch Puritan community got wind of the witches living among them. As Mr. and Mrs. Frostwind would say, it had been like the First Witch Hunts all over again...it was pandemonium, friends and neighbors suddenly turning on each other and accusing the other of being in league with dark forces/witchcraft.

Max, who was 26 at the time went underground...literally. She went into hiding with her books and her magical items, doing her best to blend in as a normal everyday young woman. She’d often hide her fellow mages underneath her system of tunnels, until three of her dearest friends were taken by the priests. Knowing she couldn’t save them alone, she searched about almost vainly for help...it frustrated her although she understood that the mages didn’t want to risk their own lives it did nothing to dim her feelings. After weeks of this, her eyes fell upon two recent arrivals to the community, a mage and his companion. Perhaps they’d be able to help her. Introducing herself to the two men, she learned that they were the legendary wizard Merlin and his lover Uther Pendragon, the former king of Britain. She asked if they could help her, and both were reluctant at first...until Max swayed Merlin with the promises of letting him read her collection of books and scrolls.

He of course already had a vast collection, but hers were unknown to him and wanting to know magical secrets had always been his greatest weakness. They worked together on this plan, an effort that took time. During that time, the two of them grew closer. Merlin and Uther had always had an open relationship so that was never the problem, the problem was the emotional aspect. So they were a long time in acting on it, focusing instead on completing the rescue. After freeing Max’s friends and many discussions both among themselves and with Uther, who himself had reluctantly taken a shine to the girl (that didn’t mean he wanted to share with her though; at least in the beginning) the three of them slowly got to know one another. There was friction between them in the at first, especially between Uther and Max (Merlin had to get between them several times), but over time they came to an understanding. They decided to give things a shot and fled Salem that same night, growing closer during their travels over the years. It was a long time before their friendship became a triad, but eventually it did. When Draken Falls was founded as a place for supernatural creatures to settle down, the three of them decided it would be the perfect place to settle down permanently and despite taking occasional trips, they’d been there ever since.
Last edited by Nuridia on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Know I said I was hopefully going to write something today but I had some work to do and had to go somewhere. If I can focus enough to get something together I will soon, sometimes it's just random whether I'm in a writing state of mind if that makes sense.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Foxfound wrote:Know I said I was hopefully going to write something today but I had some work to do and had to go somewhere. If I can focus enough to get something together I will soon, sometimes it's just random whether I'm in a writing state of mind if that makes sense.

Its ok take your time :D
Nuridia wrote:App
Name: Max Frostwind-Emrys
Age: Stopped aging at around 40-ish, is actually 354 years old.
Race: Mageborn (a subspecies of human)
Appearance: (the redhead): https://images.app.goo.gl/SvAuUNRC3ZCmbQns8
Abilities: Though not on the same power level as her husband, Max herself is a pretty formidable warlock...with storm-based spells, dark magic and shields/wards being her specialty. Like Merlin, she has the ability to shapeshift (but usually into animals for her) and can transmute objects into other objects.
Personality: Max is a pretty easygoing “middle-aged” woman, likes to chill and have a laugh. Although she’s sweet and nice, her mouth certainly isn’t. Uther often jokes that “her favorite word in the dictionary is “cunt”, she swears sooooo much. She’s fun-loving and affable with a tiny bit of chaos, but nowhere near on Merlin’s level. She prefers to do quiet activities like studying spells or baking during her down time, but her idea of an exciting weekend is going on some epic adventure.

Bio: Born Maximilienne Argyla Frostwind, Max was the third child of seven born in Àite Draoidh, a Scottish city-enclave of sorcerers and mages that had been established when the medieval witch trials by the Catholic Church first began in around the 1300s or so. She lived with her siblings among a group of mageborn...an offshoot of humans that had bred around with other supernatural races so much that they became their own species...human in appearance and almost every other way except for a natural propensity to magic and much longer lifespans. She lived there until she was around eleven, when her parents decided to move to Salem in order to be among the growing magic community there. Everything was peaceful, until things came to a head in the year 1692, when the staunch Puritan community got wind of the witches living among them. As Mr. and Mrs. Frostwind would say, it had been like the First Witch Hunts all over again...it was pandemonium, friends and neighbors suddenly turning on each other and accusing the other of being in league with dark forces/witchcraft.

Max, who was 26 at the time went underground...literally. She went into hiding with her books and her magical items, doing her best to blend in as a normal everyday young woman. She’d often hide her fellow mages underneath her system of tunnels, until three of her dearest friends were taken by the priests. Knowing she couldn’t save them alone, she searched about almost vainly for help...it frustrated her although she understood that the mages didn’t want to risk their own lives it did nothing to dim her feelings. After weeks of this, her eyes fell upon two recent arrivals to the community, a mage and his companion. Perhaps they’d be able to help her. Introducing herself to the two men, she learned that they were the legendary wizard Merlin and his lover Uther Pendragon, the former king of Britain. She asked if they could help her, and both were reluctant at first...until Max swayed Merlin with the promises of letting him read her collection of books and scrolls.

He of course already had a vast collection, but hers were unknown to him and wanting to know magical secrets had always been his greatest weakness. They worked together on this plan, an effort that took time. During that time, the two of them grew closer. Merlin and Uther had always had an open relationship so that was never the problem, the problem was the emotional aspect. So they were a long time in acting on it, focusing instead on completing the rescue. After freeing Max’s friends and many discussions both among themselves and with Uther, who himself had reluctantly taken a shine to the girl (that didn’t mean he wanted to share with her though; at least in the beginning) the three of them slowly got to know one another. There was friction between them in the at first, especially between Uther and Max (Merlin had to get between them several times), but over time they came to an understanding. They decided to give things a shot and fled Salem that same night, growing closer during their travels over the years. It was a long time before their friendship became a triad, but eventually it did. When Draken Falls was founded as a place for supernatural creatures to settle down, the three of them decided it would be the perfect place to settle down permanently and despite taking occasional trips, they’d been there ever since.

Both apps accepted
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks so much! I wanna make one more character but I’m torn between having them be the Grim Reaper (or one of several reapers) or the ghost of a plague doctor .
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Nuridia wrote:Thanks so much! I wanna make one more character but I’m torn between having them be the Grim Reaper (or one of several reapers) or the ghost of a plague doctor .

Oh both are interesting comcepts
My RPs:

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:42 am

Hmm I feel like we would get a greater lay of the town if a map was drawn up.
My RPs:

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:14 am

Tarnen wrote:Hmm I feel like we would get a greater lay of the town if a map was drawn up.

If I had some info about where things were and the general size of the place I could probably draw something up in paint. Wouldn't be the prettiest but it would be functional.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:30 pm

WIP still

App
Name: Sarakiel (last name pending)
Appearance:
Abilities: flight (via wings), doesn't age, photographic memory, has the entire city law code memorized
Personality: Generally very lawful and serious, though not unkind.
Bio: Born in Draken Falls to two equally angelic parents, Sarakiel currently serves as a Captain in the Draken Falls Police Department. Originally a rather quiet and awkward child, her experiences growing up in one of the poorer parts of the city and protecting her classmates from bullies and later gang members led her to pursue her current career.
Though respected by her colleagues and the city's citizens alike as an officer of the law, in a few circles there's some speculation and confusion about what her role really is, as she has never been seen performing the heavenly duties typical of her kind. Her being born on Earth and not in Heaven compounds this.
Sarakiel is very charitable and takes her duty of enforcing the law and protecting the city's people very, very seriously. She has no tolerance for corruption, though her focus on her duties, position below the top ranks, and the (apparent) lack of underhandedness in the department mean she hasn't exposed anything too serious.
Last edited by Foxfound on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:08 pm

I'll try to focus and come up with some ideas if people still want to do this.

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:28 pm

Foxfound wrote:I'll try to focus and come up with some ideas if people still want to do this.

I'm definitely still interested.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Brettenwald wrote:
Foxfound wrote:I'll try to focus and come up with some ideas if people still want to do this.

I'm definitely still interested.

I'll try to write something tomorrow then, since it's really late where I am. Sorry I haven't made any progress, sometimes I get distracted and can't focus well. I already have the basic idea for what I want to do, just need to come up with a more detailed backstory.
Last edited by Foxfound on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:I'm definitely still interested.

I'll try to write something tomorrow then, since it's really late where I am. Sorry I haven't made any progress, sometimes I get distracted and can't focus well. I already have the basic idea for what I want to do, just need to come up with a more detailed backstory.

Its ok I'll try and come with a detail description of the town when I get the chance
My RPs:

Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Are there any colleges or universities in the city?
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:50 am

Oppermenia wrote:Are there any colleges or universities in the city?

There are a few:

Darken U: The most prominent university in town, most people go here seeking a secondary education. The university is both qualified to teach regular humans and those seeking to enhance their magical abilities further. As most need a license to perform magic in the city.
My RPs:

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:12 am

App
Name: Branimir “Bran” Gorecki
Age: Roughly in his 90s, he is considered mid-twenties in Dwarven age.
Race: Krasnal Dwarf, and if you confuse them with their Germanic counterparts, that’s a paddlin’.
Appearance: Bran stands at a stout four feet and eleven inches, with nutmeg brown beard and gunmetal grey eyes.
Abilities: Some Magic, mostly enough to be a first aid and has his firebolt slinging permit.
Personality: He struggles with living up to his father’s expectations, being the firstborn son of Kresimir the Cunning, though like many Dwarves is stooped and proud of his traditions. Doubly so since he is indeed a man of the cloth.
Bio: Born sometime in the 1930s, the earliest memories were of romanticism in the wake of the World War, however, the Great Depression and the Second World War forced him and his family to emigrate to Manitoba, Canada. While no longer near the sea, the Dwarf found himself not entirely out of home among the various Polish-Canadians, both longtime residents and recent emigres. Branimir attended theological school in the United States sometime in the 70s where he rubbed shoulders with the rising countercultural movements and resurgence in magic. Now he is a cleric of the United Romuvan-Rodnover Temple off of Twelfth and Casper Street.

Faction App
Name: The Alliance of Native Faiths and Teachings (ANFT)
Leader: Varies due to denomination, de facto Council of the Teachers.
# of Members: TBD within the
Good/Evil: Lawful Good
Turf: Technically, any pagan/neopagan practitioners residing in Draken Falls, including but not limited to the “United Romuvan-Rodnover Temple”, which caters to the Lithuanian/Polish-Slavic pagan populace, and of whom Gorecki is a part of. They also are affiliated with schools of magic that opt for a more naturalistic or spiritual path.

Just finally cranked out these apps, and I'd be more than happy to accept criticism on them.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:01 pm

App
Name: Bovithjud Whitewing, called Bo for short...also called the Icy Doom.
Age: Her thousandth birthday is coming up pretty soon, in a couple of months actually.
Race: Dragon
Appearance: In her human form she appears as a slender dark-skinned woman in about her early 30s, possessing long blue-white hair and flame-colored eyes with slit pupils. In her draconic form, she’s a large blue-white dragon possessing the same type of eyes.
Abilities: Her breath weapon is a bluish-green fire that freezes rather than burns.
Personality: Bo is very much an old lady, even if she doesn’t look much like it in human form. She’s ever-mindful of dignity and stature and can be short-tempered, but she has a soft spot for the younger folks and enjoys regaling others with tales of her exploits.
Bio: Bo was born as the second of four hatchlings in the Caingorm mountains to Amnexis Whitewing and her mate Xivrig, the Lord and Lady of the Frostlands (their cold, northern territory on the British Isles). Her childhood was rather uneventful, but as she got older she wanted to go out and earn a name for herself so when she got of age she took her part of the treasure horde and went about traveling, seeking out glory, treasure and battle. Her reputation for ferocity earned her the nickname Icy Doom, especially among the human communities even after settling down in the Himalayas to set up a territory of her own. She stopped her wandering for a while and stayed in the mountains for a few decades, collecting treasure and establishing a reputation but her wanderlust returned after a while. Even when she met her now mate, they still continued adventuring until she became pregnant and they decided to settle down again to raise their family. She now lives in Draken Falls with her mate Daurgothoth (he goes by Doug since humans can’t pronounce his real name either) and their two kids: a son called Malygos and a daughter called Charthraxis.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Danceria wrote:App
Name: Branimir “Bran” Gorecki
Age: Roughly in his 90s, he is considered mid-twenties in Dwarven age.
Race: Krasnal Dwarf, and if you confuse them with their Germanic counterparts, that’s a paddlin’.
Appearance: Bran stands at a stout four feet and eleven inches, with nutmeg brown beard and gunmetal grey eyes.
Abilities: Some Magic, mostly enough to be a first aid and has his firebolt slinging permit.
Personality: He struggles with living up to his father’s expectations, being the firstborn son of Kresimir the Cunning, though like many Dwarves is stooped and proud of his traditions. Doubly so since he is indeed a man of the cloth.
Bio: Born sometime in the 1930s, the earliest memories were of romanticism in the wake of the World War, however, the Great Depression and the Second World War forced him and his family to emigrate to Manitoba, Canada. While no longer near the sea, the Dwarf found himself not entirely out of home among the various Polish-Canadians, both longtime residents and recent emigres. Branimir attended theological school in the United States sometime in the 70s where he rubbed shoulders with the rising countercultural movements and resurgence in magic. Now he is a cleric of the United Romuvan-Rodnover Temple off of Twelfth and Casper Street.

Faction App
Name: The Alliance of Native Faiths and Teachings (ANFT)
Leader: Varies due to denomination, de facto Council of the Teachers.
# of Members: TBD within the
Good/Evil: Lawful Good
Turf: Technically, any pagan/neopagan practitioners residing in Draken Falls, including but not limited to the “United Romuvan-Rodnover Temple”, which caters to the Lithuanian/Polish-Slavic pagan populace, and of whom Gorecki is a part of. They also are affiliated with schools of magic that opt for a more naturalistic or spiritual path.

Just finally cranked out these apps, and I'd be more than happy to accept criticism on them.

Nuridia wrote:App
Name: Bovithjud Whitewing, called Bo for short...also called the Icy Doom.
Age: Her thousandth birthday is coming up pretty soon, in a couple of months actually.
Race: Dragon
Appearance: In her human form she appears as a slender dark-skinned woman in about her early 30s, possessing long blue-white hair and flame-colored eyes with slit pupils. In her draconic form, she’s a large blue-white dragon possessing the same type of eyes.
Abilities: Her breath weapon is a bluish-green fire that freezes rather than burns.
Personality: Bo is very much an old lady, even if she doesn’t look much like it in human form. She’s ever-mindful of dignity and stature and can be short-tempered, but she has a soft spot for the younger folks and enjoys regaling others with tales of her exploits.
Bio: Bo was born as the second of four hatchlings in the Caingorm mountains to Amnexis Whitewing and her mate Xivrig, the Lord and Lady of the Frostlands (their cold, northern territory on the British Isles). Her childhood was rather uneventful, but as she got older she wanted to go out and earn a name for herself so when she got of age she took her part of the treasure horde and went about traveling, seeking out glory, treasure and battle. Her reputation for ferocity earned her the nickname Icy Doom, especially among the human communities even after settling down in the Himalayas to set up a territory of her own. She stopped her wandering for a while and stayed in the mountains for a few decades, collecting treasure and establishing a reputation but her wanderlust returned after a while. Even when she met her now mate, they still continued adventuring until she became pregnant and they decided to settle down again to raise their family. She now lives in Draken Falls with her mate Daurgothoth (he goes by Doug since humans can’t pronounce his real name either) and their two kids: a son called Malygos and a daughter called Charthraxis.

Both accepted I'll create an ic soon
My RPs:

Foxfound
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to add a proper backstory to my character, I've had writer's block. Sort of like I know what I want to do but can't focus enough to get it written down.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:19 pm

Foxfound wrote:Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to add a proper backstory to my character, I've had writer's block. Sort of like I know what I want to do but can't focus enough to get it written down.

No problem take your time
My RPs:

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:50 pm

So far, we've got a psychopathic demon mobster, three wizards, a dwarf priest, an angel cop, and a dragon. This is going to be hellaciously fun. Anyone want to start brainstorming story arcs?
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Brettenwald wrote:So far, we've got a psychopathic demon mobster, three wizards, a dwarf priest, an angel cop, and a dragon. This is going to be hellaciously fun. Anyone want to start brainstorming story arcs?

Well I have one involving the Tarot.
My RPs:

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:42 am

Sorry for leaving this in the dark, i was having some irl issues and plus writers block. But at least the writer's block is back under control and i have been working on an ic thread that should be released sometimes today for sure!
My RPs:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse