NATION

PASSWORD

Land of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC IV)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Azekopolaltion wrote:if brooky runs I think she wins

If she runs she loses the GOP primary, no conceivable way that Republicans are gonna renominate somebody who lost their stronghold just a year back. And if she makes it to the general she will just be McSally but in Texas.

If she wants to screw over a certain someone, she might just do it.

And this time she'll unleash her wealth.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:If she runs she loses the GOP primary, no conceivable way that Republicans are gonna renominate somebody who lost their stronghold just a year back. And if she makes it to the general she will just be McSally but in Texas.

If she wants to screw over a certain someone, she might just do it.

The only point of her running would be to screw over Cramp, which is probably in line with character motivation.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:If she wants to screw over a certain someone, she might just do it.

The only point of her running would be to screw over Cramp, which is probably in line with character motivation.

Which makes it incumbent on Lilyana to keep both Brookshire and Cramp out of the primary somehow.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:If she wants to screw over a certain someone, she might just do it.

Yep, if Cramp runs, I think she'd frankly believe that Joe Frankston wouldn't stand a chance alone given his more moderate positions, even more moderate than Frankston Sr.

So a disruption would be needed, hence why her money would play a greater role in blanketing airwaves and playing as dirty as Cramp (well, maybe not that bad but closer).

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 pm

Someone should make a Democrat running for the open Texas seat a grandchild of LBJ.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:The only point of her running would be to screw over Cramp, which is probably in line with character motivation.

Yep, if Cramp runs, I think she'd frankly believe that Joe Frankston wouldn't stand a chance alone given his more moderate positions, even more moderate than Frankston Sr.

So a disruption would be needed, hence why her money would play a greater role in blanketing airwaves and playing as dirty as Cramp (well, maybe not that bad but closer).

If Cramp depresses the evangelical turnout again, the Democrat can once again narrowly take Tejas.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Yep, if Cramp runs, I think she'd frankly believe that Joe Frankston wouldn't stand a chance alone given his more moderate positions, even more moderate than Frankston Sr.

If Cramp depresses the evangelical turnout again, the Democrat can once again narrowly take Tejas.

I thought Cramp was the evangelical favorite?

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Yep, if Cramp runs, I think she'd frankly believe that Joe Frankston wouldn't stand a chance alone given his more moderate positions, even more moderate than Frankston Sr.

Do you think Cramp could hold the seat?

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Someone should make a Democrat running for the open Texas seat a grandchild of LBJ.

It’s already going to be less difficult for them, but that’s just making it too easy.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Bruke wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Someone should make a Democrat running for the open Texas seat a grandchild of LBJ.

It’s already going to be less difficult for them, but that’s just making it too easy.

Only way to make it even easier would be to make them Hispanic too

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:If Cramp depresses the evangelical turnout again, the Democrat can once again narrowly take Tejas.

Depends on the Dem

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Bruke wrote:

Only way to make it even easier would be to make them Hispanic too

The Dems really should run a Hispanic candidate

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Bruke wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Only way to make it even easier would be to make them Hispanic too

The Dems really should run a Hispanic candidate

@Me anytime I’m thinking of making to run as a Dem in Texas, California, and anywhere in between

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Bruke wrote:

Brooky literally lost due to a perfect storm of

-Depressed evangelical turnout thanks to Cramp sitting on his ass doing absolutely nothing
-Suburban swing against her as suburbanites viewed her social positions in line with Cramp's
-Increased black turnout due to her rather extreme crime policies

If any of those 3 things did not happen she would have won

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Bruke wrote:

Brooky literally lost due to a perfect storm of

-Depressed evangelical turnout thanks to Cramp sitting on his ass doing absolutely nothing
-Suburban swing against her as suburbanites viewed her social positions in line with Cramp's
-Increased black turnout due to her rather extreme crime policies

If any of those 3 things did not happen she would have won

Alas, she's sad! but good things are in store if Prendy wins

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:16 pm

THE REVENGE OF RANDALL CRAMP Part 2
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 pm

The S e n a t e C a u c u s m e e t i n g

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:If Cramp depresses the evangelical turnout again, the Democrat can once again narrowly take Tejas.

I don't think he could win against a halfway decent dem

way too much bad blood with Cramp now, he is a big reason why Brookie lost. He undermined her in the general for no reason other than spite.
Last edited by Dentali on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Frankston Jr. has his weaknesses as well... all it would take is someone from his right to point out his.... less conservative positions and the Dem or his fellow GOP challenger pointing out that he's from a political family to put him at a disadvantage.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:53 pm

Bruke wrote:Frankston Jr. has his weaknesses as well... all it would take is someone from his right to point out his.... less conservative positions and the Dem or his fellow GOP challenger pointing out that he's from a political family to put him at a disadvantage.

Frankston Name Recognition will help him with apathetic voters, and I put socially moderate in the app but he has no public record of statements, he could market himself as his father's best ideological successor and sweep through the Primary.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:08 pm

You know what I just found out today, you can't be a member of both of Hispanic and the Black Caucus in Congress

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:17 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:You know what I just found out today, you can't be a member of both of Hispanic and the Black Caucus in Congress

What if your black and Hispanic tho
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Sarenium wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:You know what I just found out today, you can't be a member of both of Hispanic and the Black Caucus in Congress

What if your black and Hispanic tho

The CBC doesn't seem to care.

As far as I can tell Charles Rangel didn't really identify with his Puerto Rican roots on a personal level so he probably didn't care.

As for Adriano Espaillat, the CBC hasn't let him join the Caucus because he's a member of the CHC.

And Richie Torres and Candace Valenzuela have both called for the CBC by-laws the change so they can both join the CBC and the CHC when/if they get elected.

What's even weirder is that the CBC let's multiracial Black members who are members of other race-based caucuses join, such as Kamala Harris and Bobby Scott, who are both members of the CAPAC.

Edit: Doing some more research on the topic now, Karen Bass has said that the one-or-the-other rule isn't part of the CBC bylaws, rather a tradition.

Also, I found another Afro-Latino member of Congress, Antonio Delgado, he's a member of the CBC but I can't seem to find anything on how he feels about the CBC/CHC thing
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Bruke wrote:Frankston Jr. has his weaknesses as well... all it would take is someone from his right to point out his.... less conservative positions and the Dem or his fellow GOP challenger pointing out that he's from a political family to put him at a disadvantage.

Frankston Name Recognition will help him with apathetic voters, and I put socially moderate in the app but he has no public record of statements, he could market himself as his father's best ideological successor and sweep through the Primary.

It would take one primary debate and he’d be done for

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Does the edit rule include coding errors, live TV glitch?
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse