NATION

PASSWORD

Land of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC IV)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Obama was by far not a perfect president and by far do African Americans continue to suffer under both administrations, but I do not think Trump is a bad guy. I think he is an absolute manifestation of so much hypocrisy, from this justification of replacing RBG to putting children in cages to claiming to be doing so much for black and LGBT Americans while systematically upholding the notion that white supremacy isn’t a problem and removing statutory protections. Not to mention his COVID response.

Now I won’t argue these points with you since it’s clear your views are more than likely bent towards Trump and justifying some or all of these points will undoubtedly come natural to you but it doesn’t for me, it won’t for me, and it will never be for me. I have often tried to consider the other side as someone we should try to work with, to reduce partisanship and focus on incremental change. I want to have conservations and friendships with people I disagree with but events like these only make me more partial to the notion that many people on the Trump high have fundamentally different values from me. And that’s something I can’t overcome to simply label Trump as a bad guy.

So I would vote for a broomstick before I voted for Donald John Trump.

I only defend actions of his that have a good reason and cause, when you look at the things he has done on a whole level it seems kinda iffy but when you get down into it it becomes clearer. I just heard about RBG dying, so I am not educated on that subject much. When you say putting children in cages, you mean putting children who were illegally brought here in cages. It doesn't make it morally correct, but they are not citizens of this country, they do not have the same privilleges that my son or daughter would if I had them. If I did something illegal, they would be sent to other family, that family for these kids, is in another country, when looking at it from a security standpoint, criminals go to jail, kids go to juvenile halls, illegal immigrants, whether they came here purposefully or not, are criminals, simple as that. Under Trump, my family has gotten more foodstamps that they need, more social security that they need. Trump has never openly commented about LGBTQ issues. Pence has though, but again Pence doesn't like LGBTQ (Pence would be a bad president) Biden didn't like social security, (Biden will be a bad president) In Trumps presidency, Black Americans haven't lost anything. I have the exact same rights that you do as a white person ( I assume you are white ) WTF do you mean his covid response???? Biden thought trump was being Xenophobic and racist for stopping travel to china.

Again, I won’t try to get into some long winded fight over this with you. But let’s be clear, immigrants seeking a better life in this country shouldn’t have their children separated from them. Much less when those children weren’t even being treated like kids in the American juvenile delinquency system. Those American kids get food, get proper nursing care, and even beds. Now we could also debate if that’s the best way to correct delinquency but alas, my point is that these immigrant children didn’t get the basic food, the basic healthcare, or the basic needs they needed. Young children were separated despite not having committed a single crime and traumatized, literally uncared and mistreated. Your defense that this is fine because the eight year old immigrant is technically a criminal is disgusting point blank. And again, this is exactly why it is exhausting that to have to somehow educate others on what is moral and why I prefer to not do it, because your opinion won’t change and rather you’ll see my answers fit into your narrative of lawlessness, open borders, or some other nuance.

Denying the virus’s lethality and questioning the value of masks and other safety measures is exactly what I mean by his COVID response. If you believe that Trump has truly handled this virus well, again I simply have to disagree and urge you to realize how much he delayed his response even when taking action like limiting travel.

As for black Americans, I refuse to believe a President who does not acknowledge white supremacy and continues to deride the Black Lives Matter movement or who doesn’t even recognize the systematic issues in our country is suitable to lead.

That’s all.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Omg RBG
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:49 pm

I mean the court shouldn’t be filled until the election is over and a new administration is installed. Isn’t that what Mitch McConnell said in 2016 when Obama nominated Merrick Garland?

Honestly, I would never vote for the Senate GOP if they try and rush through this nominee 50 days before the election. It seems it’s one rule for the rest of us, but Trump gets to disregard that rule.
Marianne 2024:

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:I only defend actions of his that have a good reason and cause, when you look at the things he has done on a whole level it seems kinda iffy but when you get down into it it becomes clearer. I just heard about RBG dying, so I am not educated on that subject much. When you say putting children in cages, you mean putting children who were illegally brought here in cages. It doesn't make it morally correct, but they are not citizens of this country, they do not have the same privilleges that my son or daughter would if I had them. If I did something illegal, they would be sent to other family, that family for these kids, is in another country, when looking at it from a security standpoint, criminals go to jail, kids go to juvenile halls, illegal immigrants, whether they came here purposefully or not, are criminals, simple as that. Under Trump, my family has gotten more foodstamps that they need, more social security that they need. Trump has never openly commented about LGBTQ issues. Pence has though, but again Pence doesn't like LGBTQ (Pence would be a bad president) Biden didn't like social security, (Biden will be a bad president) In Trumps presidency, Black Americans haven't lost anything. I have the exact same rights that you do as a white person ( I assume you are white ) WTF do you mean his covid response???? Biden thought trump was being Xenophobic and racist for stopping travel to china.

Again, I won’t try to get into some long winded fight over this with you. But let’s be clear, immigrants seeking a better life in this country shouldn’t have their children separated from them. Much less when those children weren’t even being treated like kids in the American juvenile delinquency system. Those American kids get food, get proper nursing care, and even beds. Now we could also debate if that’s the best way to correct delinquency but alas, my point is that these immigrant children didn’t get the basic food, the basic healthcare, or the basic needs they needed. Young children were separated despite not having committed a single crime and traumatized, literally uncared and mistreated. Your defense that this is fine because the eight year old immigrant is technically a criminal is disgusting point blank. And again, this is exactly why it is exhausting that to have to somehow educate others on what is moral and why I prefer to not do it, because your opinion won’t change and rather you’ll see my answers fit into your narrative of lawlessness, open borders, or some other nuance.

Denying the virus’s lethality and questioning the value of masks and other safety measures is exactly what I mean by his COVID response. If you believe that Trump has truly handled this virus well, again I simply have to disagree and urge you to realize how much he delayed his response even when taking action like limiting travel.

As for black Americans, I refuse to believe a President who does not acknowledge white supremacy and continues to deride the Black Lives Matter movement or who doesn’t even recognize the systematic issues in our country is suitable to lead.

That’s all.

You cannot legislate morality, that is impossible, I refuse to defend trumps actions on the basis of morality as morality is subjective and changes from person to person. My issue comes, when my little brother had to go next door to ask the neighbors for food, when my little sister had to sleep at her friends house because our utilities are off, the issue is that an eight year old does not deserve to be in a cage no matter what they do, I must have not phrased it properly, but when it comes to the treatment of american kids vs. the treatment of illegal immigrant kids, the natural born, american citizen will come first, end of discussion.

I will change my opinion when you give me the facts and the reasons to do so, making a statement then supplying it with no factual backing is intellectually misleading and quite frankly reprehensible in my opinion. You can wear a mask all day everyday, you can wear what you need to, gloves, face shield, this that and the other, will help YES. But, you cannot force people to do that, it will never work in a free country. I disagree with him questioning safety measures though, even though you never asked. When a doctor tells a patient he has cancer, he will slowly rip the bandaid to let the news sink in. When the titanic was sinking, they said it was a slight leak, if you cause panic, and panic ensued, we would be up shit creek buddy.

Are you black? Are you subject to this racism? If not then shut your damn mouth, you don't know half of what the hell that is. Trump kicked KKK supporters out of his rallies, he has never said, I support the KKK, so why should we believe so??!?!?!? The black lives matter movement is a shitshow, exactly a shitshow. In Lafayette, they are protesting a man who was recently shot, that man was on drugs, I know of him through my father, he was a druggie, he was a criminal, he did not deserve to be protested, long story short, my father used to be in that crowd. Nobody protested when my grandfathers brother shot himself because he was an alchoholic after he got back from Vietnam. Why should they protest a criminal? I can give you a list of things right now to prove to you that black people have rights, white people don't have. Black people can use the N word, "Because they earned it" You can't earn a word. I am poor, I can't say, "People have called me poor my whole life to demean me, now I can use the word poor, if you do you are a bigot and a money shamer" That's not how the system of words work...... I have an aunt who is a teacher, on our LEAP, we have a choice to put black or white since I am mixed, I could have put either, but I chose black. I tell my aunt, and she says, "Keep choosing black, you get benefits, and you have better college chances." I guess that is a form of reparations from slavery...... A black person can get out of a traffic ticket by playing the race card, and pulling their phone out, if the cop is white, and he/she is afraid of being fired for pulling over a black person. Black neighborhoods are dangerous for white people, I know this for a fact, my white grandmother was dropping me off at my black uncles house, as we drove through a bad side of Abbeville, everyone stopped what they were doing at looked at our car, everyone came and started yelling and looking through the windows. My grandmother and I were terrified, then when we got to my uncles house, he calls everyone who was there, and they came to the house, and they all apologized because they didn't know it was Grandma J going down the street, and thought it was some rich white people. SO

Also, who in the hell ever said that the travel ban was late? It isn't a ban really, it was instated on January 31 literally, moths before Covid was on the minds of everyone in the world and not just a tiny flu. Literally, NOBODY was terrified, the ban really didn't work, it would never have worked earlier or later, the ban would never stop undetected international spread.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:31 am

Louisianan wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Again, I won’t try to get into some long winded fight over this with you. But let’s be clear, immigrants seeking a better life in this country shouldn’t have their children separated from them. Much less when those children weren’t even being treated like kids in the American juvenile delinquency system. Those American kids get food, get proper nursing care, and even beds. Now we could also debate if that’s the best way to correct delinquency but alas, my point is that these immigrant children didn’t get the basic food, the basic healthcare, or the basic needs they needed. Young children were separated despite not having committed a single crime and traumatized, literally uncared and mistreated. Your defense that this is fine because the eight year old immigrant is technically a criminal is disgusting point blank. And again, this is exactly why it is exhausting that to have to somehow educate others on what is moral and why I prefer to not do it, because your opinion won’t change and rather you’ll see my answers fit into your narrative of lawlessness, open borders, or some other nuance.

That’s all.

You cannot legislate morality, that is impossible, I refuse to defend trumps actions on the basis of morality as morality is subjective and changes from person to person. My issue comes, when my little brother had to go next door to ask the neighbors for food, when my little sister had to sleep at her friends house because our utilities are off, the issue is that an eight year old does not deserve to be in a cage no matter what they do, I must have not phrased it properly, but when it comes to the treatment of american kids vs. the treatment of illegal immigrant kids, the natural born, american citizen will come first, end of discussion.

I will change my opinion when you give me the facts and the reasons to do so, making a statement then supplying it with no factual backing is intellectually misleading and quite frankly reprehensible in my opinion. You can wear a mask all day everyday, you can wear what you need to, gloves, face shield, this that and the other, will help YES. But, you cannot force people to do that, it will never work in a free country. I disagree with him questioning safety measures though, even though you never asked. When a doctor tells a patient he has cancer, he will slowly rip the bandaid to let the news sink in. When the titanic was sinking, they said it was a slight leak, if you cause panic, and panic ensued, we would be up shit creek buddy.

Are you black? Are you subject to this racism? If not then shut your damn mouth, you don't know half of what the hell that is. Trump kicked KKK supporters out of his rallies, he has never said, I support the KKK, so why should we believe so??!?!?!? The black lives matter movement is a shitshow, exactly a shitshow. In Lafayette, they are protesting a man who was recently shot, that man was on drugs, I know of him through my father, he was a druggie, he was a criminal, he did not deserve to be protested, long story short, my father used to be in that crowd. Nobody protested when my grandfathers brother shot himself because he was an alchoholic after he got back from Vietnam. Why should they protest a criminal? I can give you a list of things right now to prove to you that black people have rights, white people don't have. Black people can use the N word, "Because they earned it" You can't earn a word. I am poor, I can't say, "People have called me poor my whole life to demean me, now I can use the word poor, if you do you are a bigot and a money shamer" That's not how the system of words work...... I have an aunt who is a teacher, on our LEAP, we have a choice to put black or white since I am mixed, I could have put either, but I chose black. I tell my aunt, and she says, "Keep choosing black, you get benefits, and you have better college chances." I guess that is a form of reparations from slavery...... A black person can get out of a traffic ticket by playing the race card, and pulling their phone out, if the cop is white, and he/she is afraid of being fired for pulling over a black person. Black neighborhoods are dangerous for white people, I know this for a fact, my white grandmother was dropping me off at my black uncles house, as we drove through a bad side of Abbeville, everyone stopped what they were doing at looked at our car, everyone came and started yelling and looking through the windows. My grandmother and I were terrified, then when we got to my uncles house, he calls everyone who was there, and they came to the house, and they all apologized because they didn't know it was Grandma J going down the street, and thought it was some rich white people. SO

Also, who in the hell ever said that the travel ban was late? It isn't a ban really, it was instated on January 31 literally, moths before Covid was on the minds of everyone in the world and not just a tiny flu. Literally, NOBODY was terrified, the ban really didn't work, it would never have worked earlier or later, the ban would never stop undetected international spread.

You need to stop. You’re spewing BS rn
Marianne 2024:

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:40 am

Meelducan wrote:
Louisianan wrote:You cannot legislate morality, that is impossible, I refuse to defend trumps actions on the basis of morality as morality is subjective and changes from person to person. My issue comes, when my little brother had to go next door to ask the neighbors for food, when my little sister had to sleep at her friends house because our utilities are off, the issue is that an eight year old does not deserve to be in a cage no matter what they do, I must have not phrased it properly, but when it comes to the treatment of american kids vs. the treatment of illegal immigrant kids, the natural born, american citizen will come first, end of discussion.

You need to stop. You’re spewing BS rn

About what??? My father is John Guidry. I have a damn picture of him in prison. When it comes to my life experiences you don't know squat. When it comes to dates and incorrect trump facts please tell me so I dont spew wrong info, but when it comes to my family leave me alone.
Last edited by Louisianan on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:42 am

Bruke wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
The Court literally hasn't leaned Liberal since Johnson. Maybe since Carter. For the past three decades though, it has been stringently slight-Conservative bend, it's most "Liberal" rulings were authored by Republican-appointed Judges in the mold of Kennedy and Stevens.

Filling this vacancy so close to election is an act of the ultimate political hypocrisy, and it's ramifications on judicial philosophy and national unity will be immense. The 2018 Senate Races saw 52.2 million Americans vote for Democratic candidates, and 34.7 million for Republicans. They also sent 60.5 million House ballots to Democrats, while sending 50.8 million to Republicans. This President was elected with less votes. This Senate is held hostage by a man who has turned 'the greatest deliberative body' into a rubber stamp for judicial nominees. Neither has a mandate to fill the vacancy.

Conservatives giving up on passing statutory law and hoping to stack the judiciary to hold hostage the legislative mechanism of the United States through case law is also the single largest failure of Democracy. John Howard, the most conservative Prime Minister of Australia decried case law as antidemocratic in nature, legal theorists universally agree that case law inadvertently alienates voters because they didn't vote to give that mandate to a court. The U.S. is now two steps from a banana republic, have fun lmao.

To bold 1, I would say, does the person bringing about the result matter more than the result itself? You could argue they became more moderate once on the Court- Warren could be a good example of that, or perhaps Roberts in the present day. Of course, Roberts is more conservative then Warren was but I think the point still stands.

To bold 2, I would say there are many legal theorists who would say case law doesn’t alienate voters (My classes focused on American theorists talking about American courts, but you could make similar arguments for any Western democracy with politically appointed judges rather than a judicial bureaucracy.) The states, or the executive and/or legislative branches can take action (insert: bring up referendums, issue executive orders, push through legislation, etc.) that complies with the letter of the law but not its spirit or use whatever leeway is available under current case law to blunt its impact.

And you know who chooses legislators and the executive at both the state and federal levels... the voters.

The Court should never have a moderate or conservative or liberal interpretation. That in and of itself is disgusting.

Case Law blunts momentum, and prevents compromise, the bigger issue is when case law is not codified. Case Law on it's own is subject to the interpretation of appointed judges who more often than not impose their personal beliefs into their legal interpretations. Congress codifying Roe v Wade in 1974 as the Federal Abortion Regulations Act 1974 would have meant anti-abortion activists would focus on legislators over judges. It would mean that they'd fight their fight in Congress, where politics should be fought in. Same w Obgerfall v Hodges, Obama should have been signing a Marriage Act 2016 codifying the ruling. Codification of rulings is the basis of accepting judicial rulings in other nations, I'm conscious that in America case law has more weight, but that's solely because Congress has in recent decades abdicated it's duty to legislate.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:44 am

Louisianan wrote:
Meelducan wrote:You need to stop. You’re spewing BS rn

About what??? My father is {REDACTED}. I have a damn picture of him in prison. When it comes to my life experiences you don't know shit. When it comes to dates and incorrect trump facts please tell me so I dont spew wrong info, but when it comes to my family leave me the hell alone.

edit this so you don't dox yourself mate
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:45 am

Sarenium wrote:
Louisianan wrote:About what??? My father is {REDACTED}. I have a damn picture of him in prison. When it comes to my life experiences you don't know shit. When it comes to dates and incorrect trump facts please tell me so I dont spew wrong info, but when it comes to my family leave me the hell alone.

What do you mean?

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:45 am

Louisianan wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

What do you mean?

Don’t reveal your real identity online

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:46 am

About what??? My father was a criminal. I have a damn picture of him in prison. When it comes to my life experiences you don't know squat. When it comes to dates and incorrect trump facts please tell me so I dont spew wrong info, but when it comes to my family leave me alone.
Last edited by Louisianan on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:47 am

Sarenium wrote:
Bruke wrote:
To bold 1, I would say, does the person bringing about the result matter more than the result itself? You could argue they became more moderate once on the Court- Warren could be a good example of that, or perhaps Roberts in the present day. Of course, Roberts is more conservative then Warren was but I think the point still stands.

To bold 2, I would say there are many legal theorists who would say case law doesn’t alienate voters (My classes focused on American theorists talking about American courts, but you could make similar arguments for any Western democracy with politically appointed judges rather than a judicial bureaucracy.) The states, or the executive and/or legislative branches can take action (insert: bring up referendums, issue executive orders, push through legislation, etc.) that complies with the letter of the law but not its spirit or use whatever leeway is available under current case law to blunt its impact.

And you know who chooses legislators and the executive at both the state and federal levels... the voters.

The Court should never have a moderate or conservative or liberal interpretation. That in and of itself is disgusting.

Case Law blunts momentum, and prevents compromise, the bigger issue is when case law is not codified. Case Law on it's own is subject to the interpretation of appointed judges who more often than not impose their personal beliefs into their legal interpretations. Congress codifying Roe v Wade in 1974 as the Federal Abortion Regulations Act 1974 would have meant anti-abortion activists would focus on legislators over judges. It would mean that they'd fight their fight in Congress, where politics should be fought in. Same w Obgerfall v Hodges, Obama should have been signing a Marriage Act 2016 codifying the ruling. Codification of rulings is the basis of accepting judicial rulings in other nations, I'm conscious that in America case law has more weight, but that's solely because Congress has in recent decades abdicated it's duty to legislate.

Also @Bruke, my views were formed when I was writing an essay titled 'Should Australia have a Constitutional Bill of Rights', that and Congressional inaction forms the core of why the court is so much more influential in America than most high courts traditionally are, my answer was a very inconclusive 'subject to the wording and content of said bill of rights' but basically leaned towards 'no'.

Louisianan wrote:
Louisianan wrote:About what??? My father was a criminal. I have a damn picture of him in prison. When it comes to my life experiences you don't know squat. When it comes to dates and incorrect trump facts please tell me so I dont spew wrong info, but when it comes to my family leave me alone.

click edit not quote
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:51 am

Sarenium wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

Also @Bruke, my views were formed when I was writing an essay titled 'Should Australia have a Constitutional Bill of Rights', that and Congressional inaction forms the core of why the court is so much more influential in America than most high courts traditionally are, my answer was a very inconclusive 'subject to the wording and content of said bill of rights' but basically leaned towards 'no'.

Louisianan wrote:

click edit not quote

Yea, it was an accident, im on .y phone browser rn and I have large sausage fingers I just misclicked.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:18 am

Louisianan wrote:

About what??? My father is John Guidry. I have a damn picture of him in prison. When it comes to my life experiences you don't know squat. When it comes to dates and incorrect trump facts please tell me so I dont spew wrong info, but when it comes to my family leave me alone.

Sorry, but why would I care about your life experiences? You need to calm down, you’re being hysterical because you were called out over using your feelings rather than the facts.

Also, no need to troll. If needs be I’ll take action.
Last edited by Meelducan on Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marianne 2024:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:14 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:If Trump wins again, I will officially be pissed off.

I would give it a 40% chance of happening

Its around 30% for me

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:18 am

ANNOUNCEMENT

Alright please stop the IRl political debate going on currently this is not the appropriate forum for it.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:38 am

ANNOUNCEMENT

After due consideration and discussion we have decided to temporarily slow down the pace of the RP until mid October IRL. 2 IRL weeks will equal 1 in game week.

This is not a decision we take at all lightly, one of the reasons for the collapse of the Washington RP was that the pace of it slowed down so much, however we need to consider two factors; Firstly School starting up has greatly hurt the ability of players to participate, this was fully expected and typically things pick things back up.... Secondly January into early march is widely considered to be the most important period of the primaries, it goes from a marathon to a sprint, and having so many players less than active in this period will greatly hinder the progress of the primary.

Apologies if this hurts anyone's plans but we need to adapt to the realities of the situation.

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:19 am

Dentali wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

After due consideration and discussion we have decided to temporarily slow down the pace of the RP until mid October IRL. 2 IRL weeks will equal 1 in game week.

This is not a decision we take at all lightly, one of the reasons for the collapse of the Washington RP was that the pace of it slowed down so much, however we need to consider two factors; Firstly School starting up has greatly hurt the ability of players to participate, this was fully expected and typically things pick things back up.... Secondly January into early march is widely considered to be the most important period of the primaries, it goes from a marathon to a sprint, and having so many players less than active in this period will greatly hinder the progress of the primary.

Apologies if this hurts anyone's plans but we need to adapt to the realities of the situation.

Oh thank God I thought I needed to fully resort to the rally templates in order to even survive until Super Tuesday. Welp, here's the last use of them soon...
Last edited by Emazia on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:25 am

Louisianan wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Again, I won’t try to get into some long winded fight over this with you. But let’s be clear, immigrants seeking a better life in this country shouldn’t have their children separated from them. Much less when those children weren’t even being treated like kids in the American juvenile delinquency system. Those American kids get food, get proper nursing care, and even beds. Now we could also debate if that’s the best way to correct delinquency but alas, my point is that these immigrant children didn’t get the basic food, the basic healthcare, or the basic needs they needed. Young children were separated despite not having committed a single crime and traumatized, literally uncared and mistreated. Your defense that this is fine because the eight year old immigrant is technically a criminal is disgusting point blank. And again, this is exactly why it is exhausting that to have to somehow educate others on what is moral and why I prefer to not do it, because your opinion won’t change and rather you’ll see my answers fit into your narrative of lawlessness, open borders, or some other nuance.

That’s all.

The bolded phrase is a sign we have fundamentally different views. And I am not black but I am indigenous. So frankly please don’t lecture me on how morality shouldn’t govern policy or that’s Americans have a right to this land they stole.

I won’t contradict, deny, or bash your lived experiences because that would be hypocritical of me to do so. I urge you to do the same for the many people who simply cannot agree with the policies of Trump, moral or not.

This is the end of my say on the topic per Dents request.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:10 am

Marianne 2024:

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:18 am

And here I was thinking I was the only Indigenous person here and suddenly Xath be telling me we’re cousins

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:16 am

Anyone planning on making an Arizona Dem? I want to do a dude sometime
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:19 am

Meelducan wrote:
Louisianan wrote:About what??? My father was a criminal. I have a damn picture of him in prison. When it comes to my life experiences you don't know squat. When it comes to dates and incorrect trump facts please tell me so I dont spew wrong info, but when it comes to my family leave me alone.

Sorry, but why would I care about your life experiences? You need to calm down, you’re being hysterical because you were called out over using your feelings rather than the facts.

I'm not being hysterical..... I am showing you how my life experiences shaped my opinions.
Also, as per Dentali's request I am no longer debating a topic that people seem so touchy about.
Last edited by Louisianan on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:21 am

Louisianan wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Sorry, but why would I care about your life experiences? You need to calm down, you’re being hysterical because you were called out over using your feelings rather than the facts.

I'm not being hysterical..... I am showing you how my life experiences shaped my opinions. How am I trolling also?????

this is over no more posting about it

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:22 am

Louisianan wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Sorry, but why would I care about your life experiences? You need to calm down, you’re being hysterical because you were called out over using your feelings rather than the facts.

I'm not being hysterical..... I am showing you how my life experiences shaped my opinions. How am I trolling also?????

Dude, I've told you to stop.

So stop.
Marianne 2024:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse