NATION

PASSWORD

A Troubled World [OOC - OPEN]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1641
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 pm

I really wanna post in the IC, but I'm waiting for a "major" to post first. (in my book, Dutch are major, but still; I can't really start by myself. I'd have to like, respond to the US or whomst've'd ever.)
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1641
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
The Kingdom of Denmark wrote:no, Denmark (me) has Norway, denmark, Sweden, Iceland, and Greenland.


Your application only lists Denmark as your location. It says that you federated with the Nordics in your history, but since your location was just listed as Denmark, I assumed you broke off.

I think I accepted your final app with the location in mind as solely Denmark.

I don’t think that the other Nordic countries would take kindly to being under Denmark again either.


I thought this game had a map, and on the map was Denmark-Norway.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
Malay Raya
Minister
 
Posts: 2347
Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Malay Raya » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:19 pm

Hypercapital wrote:I really wanna post in the IC, but I'm waiting for a "major" to post first. (in my book, Dutch are major, but still; I can't really start by myself. I'd have to like, respond to the US or whomst've'd ever.)

Yep that was what I had in mind too but eh my post was more of an introduction, a brief overview of Indochina.

"...and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just.
Be just; that is nearer to righteousness..."

- Quran [5:8]

I'm a 20 year old male from Malaysia [hint=Malay Raya]
Pro: Sunni Islam, Conservatism, Peace & Green
Anti: Extremism, Zionism, LGBT

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1641
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Malay Raya wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:I really wanna post in the IC, but I'm waiting for a "major" to post first. (in my book, Dutch are major, but still; I can't really start by myself. I'd have to like, respond to the US or whomst've'd ever.)

Yep that was what I had in mind too but eh my post was more of an introduction, a brief overview of Indochina.


And we still don't have a France player. SIGH.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
Malay Raya
Minister
 
Posts: 2347
Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Malay Raya » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:26 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Malay Raya wrote:Yep that was what I had in mind too but eh my post was more of an introduction, a brief overview of Indochina.


And we still don't have a France player. SIGH.

Hahaha yeah. I'd like to see where my relations with my former colonists go to. I'd intentionally left it vague so that the future France player can have some levy on what he wants to do, that is if he does put Indochina in his interests (which is unlikely in the year 2020).

"...and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just.
Be just; that is nearer to righteousness..."

- Quran [5:8]

I'm a 20 year old male from Malaysia [hint=Malay Raya]
Pro: Sunni Islam, Conservatism, Peace & Green
Anti: Extremism, Zionism, LGBT

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1641
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:30 pm

Malay Raya wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:
And we still don't have a France player. SIGH.

Hahaha yeah. I'd like to see where my relations with my former colonists go to. I'd intentionally left it vague so that the future France player can have some levy on what he wants to do, that is if he does put Indochina in his interests (which is unlikely in the year 2020).


I wish every country could've been changed; I like my French Principality, though I'm happy w/ my Confederate Dutch since Confed. Dutch would cancel-out my French Principality if they coexisted.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1061
Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 am

All these Calvinist Dutch confederacy shenanigans are making me think... How would you guys think about a Catholic / Southern Dutch revolt? Both Orangist monarchism and republicanism were ideals of the Protestant Dutch upper classes, and the fact that most of the annual budget is spent on the navy, (maritime) infrastructure in the Northern (Protestant-owned) territories and colonial maintenance would probably not sit very well with the Catholic masses in the South, who were formerly put to work in vast coal mines so said Protestant aristocrats could fuel their warships and factories, or had to toil in meadows so that their overlords could feast. Since the French like the Dutch somewhat, I’d imagine that Flemish and Walloon elements could be kept from rising up, but what of those Dutch bordering the German territories? Eupen, Limburg and Brabant could perhaps subscribe to a Burgundian culture over an Orangist / Dutch one and cause a small revolt? I’d like to lead such a small country if possible.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

http://www.politiscales.net/en_US/results/?s1=86&s0=12&b0=7&b1=88&c0=12&c1=74&e0=17&e1=69&m0=10&m1=79&reli=100&t0=36&t1=36&p1=98&j1=69&j0=5&femi=14&mona=100

My nation’s policies and ns stats are very similar to my political ideology.
WA-Ambassador
his excellency Johannes Walther Robert count de Marchant et d'Ansembourg, lord of Crassenstein (known in the assembly as Johannes W.R. de Marchant et d'Ansembourg.)
representing Vrijstaat Limburg
VREES GOD
EER JE GOUVERNEUR
DIEN JE VADERLAND

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1877
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:13 am

Hypercapital wrote:
Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Your application only lists Denmark as your location. It says that you federated with the Nordics in your history, but since your location was just listed as Denmark, I assumed you broke off.

I think I accepted your final app with the location in mind as solely Denmark.

I don’t think that the other Nordic countries would take kindly to being under Denmark again either.


I thought this game had a map, and on the map was Denmark-Norway.


Map is not yet finished actually.

Hypercapital wrote:
Malay Raya wrote:Yep that was what I had in mind too but eh my post was more of an introduction, a brief overview of Indochina.


And we still don't have a France player. SIGH.


Indeed. There is a pretty big void in the Big 5 or even Big 5+4, considering only the US has been claimed. Brazil, Germany, India, China, France, UK and Russia are still empty.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Sarderia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1530
Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sarderia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:14 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:Wait, am I accepted?


Yes. Accepted.

Sarderia wrote:Hey, you still didn'y answer my first question - do I have Texas or not?


It is confirmed. Baton Rouge said yes.

Well then, my claim is America (whatever remains) + Texas, Quebec, the Canadian Atlantic provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador, Cuba, DR and Puerto rico, plus Panama. Is that okay?
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
You can be a Christian and LGBTQ+ at the same time!

People interpret the Scripture differently. Therefore, it makes sense for a group to uphold the principle, that God accepts everyone regardless of their preferrence - as long as they acceptes His grace and salvation.

Remember:
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
Romans 2:18
A proud Conservative, Lutheran, and Asian.
Yes, I failed miserably in Physics, and spectacularly in Mathemathics.
(Don't @ me about those things in RP)
Currently resorting to Biology as the last hope in STEM.
RIP Sarderistan 2017-2019

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1877
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 am

Sarderia wrote:
Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Yes. Accepted.



It is confirmed. Baton Rouge said yes.

Well then, my claim is America (whatever remains) + Texas, Quebec, the Canadian Atlantic provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador, Cuba, DR and Puerto rico, plus Panama. Is that okay?


That is acceptable, please your application accordingly. Plus, you get TX, OK, NM and CO.
Last edited by Pilipinas and Malaya on Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Sao Nova Europa
Diplomat
 
Posts: 916
Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:52 am

Has my updated app (Jordan and Iraq) been accepted? :)
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1641
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:All these Calvinist Dutch confederacy shenanigans are making me think... How would you guys think about a Catholic / Southern Dutch revolt? Both Orangist monarchism and republicanism were ideals of the Protestant Dutch upper classes, and the fact that most of the annual budget is spent on the navy, (maritime) infrastructure in the Northern (Protestant-owned) territories and colonial maintenance would probably not sit very well with the Catholic masses in the South, who were formerly put to work in vast coal mines so said Protestant aristocrats could fuel their warships and factories, or had to toil in meadows so that their overlords could feast. Since the French like the Dutch somewhat, I’d imagine that Flemish and Walloon elements could be kept from rising up, but what of those Dutch bordering the German territories? Eupen, Limburg and Brabant could perhaps subscribe to a Burgundian culture over an Orangist / Dutch one and cause a small revolt? I’d like to lead such a small country if possible.


Shakes head

Oh, no... now we're going into Theocratic mode...

Not very well. I have freedom-of-religion and whatnot to placate the people, so I think a civilwar would be hard, plus, I don't feel like roleplaying such a tragedy. This isn't about Religion and Belief systems, this is about Europa versus the World, w/ the Dutch being a relevant nation in European politics and a cultural force to (not) be reckoned w/.

We made God or lack-of-God an open book. I mainly roleplay State Atheist nations, but w/ the dutch, I imagine that they're not really politically/state-Agnostic, but just open-minded, free and liberal on all accounts.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1641
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:37 am

Dutch lean Environmentalist irl, but I kinda did a Third Reich and just made the Eco-Monarchists a fringe; mainly focusing on them being democratic, liberal, and decentralized.

Plus, I think I'd have more stability making the Dutch go environmentalist earlier instead of later, that way the Dutch can confront all of those demons at the jump instead of currently dealing w/ them. I don't want any baggage and the whole "calvinist/protestant/lutheran/religious order/state/papacy" kinda rains on my parade.

I personally like the Dutch, though, and am ashamed/saddened/disappointed that the Dutch Empire was a minor power amongst France, England and the big boys.

Spain and Portugal were important, but then died off.

Canada held potential to become an empire, but did nothing w/ it.

Mexico got cucked both by the US and by revolutionaries.

Brazil struggled w/ Industry.

Haiti was an empire, but didn't expand.

The Confederates were technically an empire (though also remember the Golden Circle idea)

Mayans, Inuits, and other Amerindians were great but none really survived.

And that's just the New World. There were so many empires in the Old World, and personally, some of them weren't really empires b/c they weren't huge or influential. Alot end up as footnotes imho.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
The Kingdom of Denmark
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Sep 08, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Kingdom of Denmark » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:55 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
The Kingdom of Denmark wrote:no, Denmark (me) has Norway, denmark, Sweden, Iceland, and Greenland.


Your application only lists Denmark as your location. It says that you federated with the Nordics in your history, but since your location was just listed as Denmark, I assumed you broke off. Denmark had controlled Iceland, Norway, Greenland, and even some parts of Swedn at one point.

I think I accepted your final app with the location in mind as solely Denmark.

I don’t think that the other Nordic countries would take kindly to being under Denmark again either.

My location meaning Denmark, is located in Northern Europe. The picture that I have provided shows the exact location of the mainland plus the history explains.

I meant that it is located in "Northern Europe", and then referred to Denmark, my nation, being located there.

Well, only Sweden (I think) would not really like it, but it's all really just Scandinavia, so I think it would be possible. I did not use.Finland or Estonia, so it's not all the nordic countries.
Last edited by The Kingdom of Denmark on Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1877
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:54 am

The Kingdom of Denmark wrote:
Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Your application only lists Denmark as your location. It says that you federated with the Nordics in your history, but since your location was just listed as Denmark, I assumed you broke off. Denmark had controlled Iceland, Norway, Greenland, and even some parts of Swedn at one point.

I think I accepted your final app with the location in mind as solely Denmark.

I don’t think that the other Nordic countries would take kindly to being under Denmark again either.

My location meaning Denmark, is located in Northern Europe. The picture that I have provided shows the exact location of the mainland plus the history explains.

I meant that it is located in "Northern Europe", and then referred to Denmark, my nation, being located there.

Well, only Sweden (I think) would not really like it, but it's all really just Scandinavia, so I think it would be possible. I did not use.Finland or Estonia, so it's not all the nordic countries.


I thought this was only limited to Denmark, since you didn't specify the others in your location section. Please specify next time. I will have to talk about this with OP. I will advocate for you to gain Iceland and possibly Gothenburg to Malmö, but that's it.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Almadaria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 58
Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Almadaria » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:34 am

Changed two words.
App;

NS Nation: Almadaria
RP Nation: Almadaria
Real or Fictional: Fictional

Capital: Piedratórres (Same location as Caracas)
Leader: Sergio Arbelaez
Leader Title: President
Government Type: Unitary One-Party Presidential Republic
Population: 48.1 million
Location: Venezuela, Guyana, Colombia.
Manpower (Note; Manpower must not exceed 10% of population, and if it goes above 7%, it will be severely underfunded as will your other needs): ~130,000 active trained military
Nuclear Weapons (Y or N; Note that only nations with population exceeding 50m and full 10% of population enlisted can have nukes):
Location: No
Brief History: Breaking off from Spain in 1843, a fragile republic managed to seize all of Venezeula from colonial control. After large-scale expansion and development, Almadaria had an economic peak, producing most of the world's sugar for a time. However, other aspects of the economy were severely neglected and economic crash followed. The ineptitude of the Republic showed, so a revolution brought down the old government and established the somewhat more authoritarian Democratic Republic. In 1972, civil war broke out between the Republicans, who would go on to form the Almadarian Nationalist Party, and a Communist influence, who would be largely banished after their defeat. The Almadarian Nationalist Party, now in control of the Democratic Republic, quickly sought to remove "subversive" elements from Almadaria. In La Masacre Silenciosa, thousands were torn from their homes based on reports of their neighbors of subversive behavior and were supposedly shipped off across the Atlantic-- no records of ships used during this purge show them ever having docked on the other side of the ocean.

Today, the Democratic Republic maintains a dictatorial control over their country, while maintaining an active diplomatic and political presence, giving support to causes they deem worthy and being quick to act in events abroad.


Last edited by Almadaria on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1877
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:23 am

Almadaria wrote:Changed two words.
App;

NS Nation: Almadaria
RP Nation: Almadaria
Real or Fictional: Fictional

Capital: Piedratórres (Same location as Caracas)
Leader: Sergio Arbelaez
Leader Title: President
Government Type: Unitary One-Party Presidential Republic
Population: 48.1 million
Location: Venezuela, Guyana, Colombia.
Manpower (Note; Manpower must not exceed 10% of population, and if it goes above 7%, it will be severely underfunded as will your other needs): ~130,000 active trained military
Nuclear Weapons (Y or N; Note that only nations with population exceeding 50m and full 10% of population enlisted can have nukes):
Location: No
Brief History: Breaking off from Spain in 1843, a fragile republic managed to seize all of Venezeula from colonial control. After large-scale expansion and development, Almadaria had an economic peak, producing most of the world's sugar for a time. However, other aspects of the economy were severely neglected and economic crash followed. The ineptitude of the Republic showed, so a revolution brought down the old government and established the somewhat more authoritarian Democratic Republic. In 1972, civil war broke out between the Republicans, who would go on to form the Almadarian Nationalist Party, and a Communist influence, who would be largely banished after their defeat. The Almadarian Nationalist Party, now in control of the Democratic Republic, quickly sought to remove "subversive" elements from Almadaria. In La Masacre Silenciosa, thousands were torn from their homes based on reports of their neighbors of subversive behavior and were supposedly shipped off across the Atlantic-- no records of ships used during this purge show them ever having docked on the other side of the ocean.

Today, the Democratic Republic maintains a dictatorial control over their country, while maintaining an active diplomatic and political presence, giving support to causes they deem worthy and being quick to act in events abroad.




Accepted.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Poland-Kaliningrad
Secretary
 
Posts: 36
Founded: Mar 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Poland-Kaliningrad » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:32 am

In the IC, am I allowed to mention events of the Great Central War as if the event is past and has been completed for a time?
Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła, Kiedy my żyjemy.
Co nam obca przemoc wzięła,
Szablą odbierzemy.

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1877
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:39 am

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Would this be acceptable instead? You can still have Syrian civil war and ISIS operating in Syria instead of both Syria and Iraq.

App;

NS Nation: Sao Nova Europe
RP Nation: United Kingdom of Jordan and Iraq
Real or Fictional: Fictional

Capital: Mosul
Leader: Mustafa Salih
Leader Title: President
Government Type: Federal Constitutional Monarchy

The United Kingdom is comprised of Jordan and Iraq. While the central government maintains supremacy in fiscal, monetary, defense and foreign affairs, all other areas of governance are devolved to the states.

The United Kingdom has a bicameral parliament, the Congress. The Senate has 40 Senators, 22 from Iraq and 18 from Jordan. They are elected for a term of six years; elections are staggered so that a third of the seats (13) are up for election every two years. The House of Representatives is comprised of 400 MPs, elected nationally in single-member districts, with a first-past-the-post system.

The head of state is the King, belonging to the House of the Hashemite Dynasty; the current King is Abdullah II. The King is nominally the commander of the armed forces and signs every legislation brought to him by the Congress. He has little powers in practice and is a figurehead. The head of government is the President, elected every four years. The President is elected directly; he needs to win a majority of the 400 electoral districts to get elected (201 districts). The elections are first-past-the-post and nation-wide percentage is irrelevant.

Iraq and Jordan have their own parliaments and governments. Iraq's capital is Baghdad and Jordan's is Amman.

Jordan has a unicameral parliament (Parliament of Jordan) comprised of 150 MPs. Its state government is led by the Prime Minister, who is usually the leader of the largest party in parliament and needs the confidence of the parliament to remain in government. Elections take place every five years.

Iraq is comprised of 19 Governorates, who act as federal units with broad autonomy. Iraq had a bicameral parliament: the Senate of Iraq comprised of 38 Senators (two for every Governorate) elected for five years term and the House of Representatives of Iraq, comprised of 300 MPs elected nation-wide for four years term. The state government of Iraq is led by the Prime Minister, elected every four years by an Electoral College: each Governorate gets one vote in the college.

This complex and devolved system of governance is meant to satisfy and balance the various ethnic and religious groups that make up the country. A two party system has emerged: the center-right Islamic Liberty Party and the center-left Progressive Alliance.

Population: 49,210,000
Manpower (Note; Manpower must not exceed 10% of population, and if it goes above 7%, it will be severely underfunded as will your other needs): 130,000 active personnel
Nuclear Weapons (Y or N; Note that only nations with population exceeding 50m and full 10% of population enlisted can have nukes): N
Location: Jordan, Iraq
Brief History:

Since they achieved independence from their colonial masters, there had been numerous attempts to unite Jordan and Iraq. In 1958, the Kingdoms of Iraq and Jordan united to form the Arab Federation of Iraq and Jordan, merging the two Hashemite Kingdoms. A military coup removed the King in Iraq, however, causing chaos. A new arrangement was agreed with the new Iraqi government in 1960, the so-called Mosul Accords that established the United Kingdom of Jordan and Iraq. The arrangement defined the powers of the monarch (the King of Jordan, who now assumed also the Iraqi monarchy) and ensured broad autonomy for the two states.

In the 1960s the new Kingdom faced internal challenges, as there were opponents of the union in both countries. At the same time, the country was becoming increasingly authoritarian, with President Abd al-Karim Qasim ruling as a strongman. In the 1970s, though, the Kingdom began to liberalize politically and by the early 1980s it had evolved into a stable, two-party constitutional monarchy. The newer generations had come to accept the union as a settled affair. The country was still lagging behind economically though.

In the 1990s, the Kingdom underwent two radical reforms: Iraq itself became a federal state with the establishment of Governorates and the economy was liberalized, following the collapse of Soviet communism. A wave of privatizations and tax cuts were legislated, leading to increasing rates of economic growth. The Kingdom has since then emerged as an ally of the West in the Middle East, though it retains animosity towards Israel. It ranks highly on political liberty, but the country is still fairly conservative when it comes to religion, women's and LGBT rights. While the economy has been growing thanks to free-market reforms and a pro-business agenda, it still lags behind fully developed countries in Europe and North America.


This is acceptable. Accepted.

Poland-Kaliningrad wrote:In the IC, am I allowed to mention events of the Great Central War as if the event is past and has been completed for a time?


I'm not so sure. The events there were RPed in mid-2020s and this RP starts in January, so I don't think so. Plus, it may cause confusion for the Italian, German, Austrian, Russian and Nordic players in the future if you reference it with them.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Poland-Kaliningrad
Secretary
 
Posts: 36
Founded: Mar 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Poland-Kaliningrad » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:13 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Poland-Kaliningrad wrote:In the IC, am I allowed to mention events of the Great Central War as if the event is past and has been completed for a time?


I'm not so sure. The events there were RPed in mid-2020s and this RP starts in January, so I don't think so. Plus, it may cause confusion for the Italian, German, Austrian, Russian and Nordic players in the future if you reference it with them.

Well, that does make my initial posts a bit more difficult to churn out now... I'll have to make due
Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła, Kiedy my żyjemy.
Co nam obca przemoc wzięła,
Szablą odbierzemy.

User avatar
Sarderia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1530
Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sarderia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:16 pm

NS Nation: Sarderia
RP Nation: United States of America
Real or Fictional: Semi-Real

Capital: Washington, District of Columbia
Leader: President Henry Broward Roosevelt
Leader Title: President of the United States
Government Type: Federal Representative Democracy
Population: 290,000,000 U.S citizens; 328,000,000 US Citizens + Permanent Resident (green card) + Residence/Work visa holders

Manpower: 280,000 active duty personnel including US Army, USN, USAF, USMC and US Space Force; 192,000 reserves including National Guard and Armed Forces Strategic Reserve Personnel.
Military Strength: While the US Armed Forces has a lower number of personnel compared to other nations, this is substituted by the US having the largest arsenal of aircrafts, missiles, and a technological superiority compared to other nations in the world.

Nuclear Weapons: Y (USA is the first country with Nuclear capability due to the Manhattan Project, which was tested at the Arctic in 1944.) The US Armed Forces has been scaling down its size from 10% of the population in WWII, to a little more than 500,000 (active + reservists) currently.

Location: United States and its Territories (except California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona), Quebec, Canadian Maritime Provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, US and British Virgin Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, and Panama

Brief History: USA won the War of 1812, taking the Maritime Provinces and Jamaica in the capitulation treaty. Quebec is admitted into the Union as the 14th State, preceeding Tennessee. The US-Spanish war is won by the US, keeping the Spanish colonies under US hold. President Ulysses S. Grant managed to convince Congress to accept the Dominican Republic's petition to be admitted into the United States. President Theodore Roosevelt struck a treaty with Colombia to purchase Panama, a territory that later would be United States' 40th State. Civil Rights Movement is passed swiftly in the US Congress, with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. becoming an US Senator representing the State of Georgia. USA is now one of the most developed countries in the world with very high standard of living, and enjoys good relations with most European countries. Post World War 2, the US helped Europe with Marshall Plan; however they did not give significant attention to East Asia because Japan violated the independence of South Korea by annexing it, thereby giving very little to no aid to the Japanese economy post-WW2. The Midwest did not experience "Rust Belt" phenomenon as Federal incentives kept corporations to employ US workers. In this timeline, the Silicon Valley happened in New England instead of California - Boston and Hartford became the leading centers of internet, data and technology. United States nearly doubled farm production of Midwest states in the 1950s due to federal subsidies on farming, and GMO research happened earlier compared to real world. US shipping companies are one of the largest in the world, since the States of Delaware and Panama estabilished very low taxes and easier port registries.
Last edited by Sarderia on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
You can be a Christian and LGBTQ+ at the same time!

People interpret the Scripture differently. Therefore, it makes sense for a group to uphold the principle, that God accepts everyone regardless of their preferrence - as long as they acceptes His grace and salvation.

Remember:
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
Romans 2:18
A proud Conservative, Lutheran, and Asian.
Yes, I failed miserably in Physics, and spectacularly in Mathemathics.
(Don't @ me about those things in RP)
Currently resorting to Biology as the last hope in STEM.
RIP Sarderistan 2017-2019

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1877
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:19 pm

Sarderia wrote:NS Nation: Sarderia
RP Nation: United States of America
Real or Fictional: Semi-Real

Capital: Washington, District of Columbia
Leader: President Henry Broward Roosevelt
Leader Title: President of the United States
Government Type: Federal Representative Democracy
Population: 290,000,000 U.S citizens; 328,000,000 US Citizens + Permanent Resident (green card) + Residence/Work visa holders

Manpower: 380,000 active duty personnel including US Army, USN, USAF, USMC and US Space Force; 242,000 reserves including National Guard and Armed Forces Strategic Reserve Personnel.
Military Strength: While the US Armed Forces has a lower number of personnel compared to other nations, this is substituted by the US having the largest arsenal of aircrafts, missiles, and a technological superiority compared to other nations in the world.

Nuclear Weapons: Y (USA is the first country with Nuclear capability due to the Manhattan Project, which was tested at the Arctic in 1944.) The US Armed Forces has been scaling down its size from 10% of the population in WWII, to a little more than 500,000 (active + reservists) currently.

Location: United States and its Territories (except California, Nevada and Arizona), Quebec, Canadian Maritime Provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Panama, Kamchatka and Chukotka (Russian Far East)

Brief History: USA won the War of 1812, taking the Maritime Provinces and Jamaica in the capitulation treaty. Quebec is admitted into the Union as the 14th State, preceeding Tennessee. The US-Spanish war is won by the US, keeping the Spanish colonies under US hold. President Ulysses S. Grant managed to convince Congress to accept the Dominican Republic's petition to be admitted into the United States. President Theodore Roosevelt struck a treaty with Colombia to purchase Panama, a territory that later would be United States' 40th State. Secretary of State Seward proceeded with the Alaska Purchase and negotiated to purchase Kamchatka and Chukotka to secure it from Japanese and British Empire's threat. Civil Rights Movement is passed swiftly in the US Congress, with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. becoming an US Senator representing the State of Georgia. USA is now one of the most developed countries in the world with very high standard of living, and enjoys good relations with most European countries. The Midwest did not experience "Rust Belt" phenomenon as Federal incentives kept corporations to employ US workers. In this timeline, the Silicon Valley happened in New England instead of California - Boston and Hartford became the leading centers of internet, data and technology. United States nearly doubled farm production pf Midwest states in the 1950s due to federal subsidies on farming, and GMO research happened earlier compared to real world. US shipping companies are one of the largest in the world, since the States of Delaware and Panama estabilished very low taxes and easier port registries.


Firstly, no East Asian holdings. You also don’t own Utah.

Asides that, you can increase your military as well. You have the privilege of going upwards of 1 million active troops.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Sarderia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1530
Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sarderia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:24 pm

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Sarderia wrote:NS Nation: Sarderia
RP Nation: United States of America
Real or Fictional: Semi-Real

Capital: Washington, District of Columbia
Leader: President Henry Broward Roosevelt
Leader Title: President of the United States
Government Type: Federal Representative Democracy
Population: 290,000,000 U.S citizens; 328,000,000 US Citizens + Permanent Resident (green card) + Residence/Work visa holders

Manpower: 380,000 active duty personnel including US Army, USN, USAF, USMC and US Space Force; 242,000 reserves including National Guard and Armed Forces Strategic Reserve Personnel.
Military Strength: While the US Armed Forces has a lower number of personnel compared to other nations, this is substituted by the US having the largest arsenal of aircrafts, missiles, and a technological superiority compared to other nations in the world.

Nuclear Weapons: Y (USA is the first country with Nuclear capability due to the Manhattan Project, which was tested at the Arctic in 1944.) The US Armed Forces has been scaling down its size from 10% of the population in WWII, to a little more than 500,000 (active + reservists) currently.

Location: United States and its Territories (except California, Nevada and Arizona), Quebec, Canadian Maritime Provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Panama, Kamchatka and Chukotka (Russian Far East)

Brief History: USA won the War of 1812, taking the Maritime Provinces and Jamaica in the capitulation treaty. Quebec is admitted into the Union as the 14th State, preceeding Tennessee. The US-Spanish war is won by the US, keeping the Spanish colonies under US hold. President Ulysses S. Grant managed to convince Congress to accept the Dominican Republic's petition to be admitted into the United States. President Theodore Roosevelt struck a treaty with Colombia to purchase Panama, a territory that later would be United States' 40th State. Secretary of State Seward proceeded with the Alaska Purchase and negotiated to purchase Kamchatka and Chukotka to secure it from Japanese and British Empire's threat. Civil Rights Movement is passed swiftly in the US Congress, with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. becoming an US Senator representing the State of Georgia. USA is now one of the most developed countries in the world with very high standard of living, and enjoys good relations with most European countries. The Midwest did not experience "Rust Belt" phenomenon as Federal incentives kept corporations to employ US workers. In this timeline, the Silicon Valley happened in New England instead of California - Boston and Hartford became the leading centers of internet, data and technology. United States nearly doubled farm production pf Midwest states in the 1950s due to federal subsidies on farming, and GMO research happened earlier compared to real world. US shipping companies are one of the largest in the world, since the States of Delaware and Panama estabilished very low taxes and easier port registries.


Firstly, no East Asian holdings. You also don’t own Utah.

Asides that, you can increase your military as well. You have the privilege of going upwards of 1 million active troops.

Done, and no, I will not increase my military numbers. I prefer to go with the IRL United States military statistics, that is, emphasizing technology over size. I expect to retain all US military tech IRL.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
You can be a Christian and LGBTQ+ at the same time!

People interpret the Scripture differently. Therefore, it makes sense for a group to uphold the principle, that God accepts everyone regardless of their preferrence - as long as they acceptes His grace and salvation.

Remember:
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
Romans 2:18
A proud Conservative, Lutheran, and Asian.
Yes, I failed miserably in Physics, and spectacularly in Mathemathics.
(Don't @ me about those things in RP)
Currently resorting to Biology as the last hope in STEM.
RIP Sarderistan 2017-2019

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1877
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Sarderia wrote:NS Nation: Sarderia
RP Nation: United States of America
Real or Fictional: Semi-Real

Capital: Washington, District of Columbia
Leader: President Henry Broward Roosevelt
Leader Title: President of the United States
Government Type: Federal Representative Democracy
Population: 290,000,000 U.S citizens; 328,000,000 US Citizens + Permanent Resident (green card) + Residence/Work visa holders

Manpower: 380,000 active duty personnel including US Army, USN, USAF, USMC and US Space Force; 242,000 reserves including National Guard and Armed Forces Strategic Reserve Personnel.
Military Strength: While the US Armed Forces has a lower number of personnel compared to other nations, this is substituted by the US having the largest arsenal of aircrafts, missiles, and a technological superiority compared to other nations in the world.

Nuclear Weapons: Y (USA is the first country with Nuclear capability due to the Manhattan Project, which was tested at the Arctic in 1944.) The US Armed Forces has been scaling down its size from 10% of the population in WWII, to a little more than 500,000 (active + reservists) currently.

Location: United States and its Territories (except California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona), Quebec, Canadian Maritime Provinces, Newfoundland and Labrador, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, US and British Virgin Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, and Panama

Brief History: USA won the War of 1812, taking the Maritime Provinces and Jamaica in the capitulation treaty. Quebec is admitted into the Union as the 14th State, preceeding Tennessee. The US-Spanish war is won by the US, keeping the Spanish colonies under US hold. President Ulysses S. Grant managed to convince Congress to accept the Dominican Republic's petition to be admitted into the United States. President Theodore Roosevelt struck a treaty with Colombia to purchase Panama, a territory that later would be United States' 40th State. Civil Rights Movement is passed swiftly in the US Congress, with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. becoming an US Senator representing the State of Georgia. USA is now one of the most developed countries in the world with very high standard of living, and enjoys good relations with most European countries. The Midwest did not experience "Rust Belt" phenomenon as Federal incentives kept corporations to employ US workers. In this timeline, the Silicon Valley happened in New England instead of California - Boston and Hartford became the leading centers of internet, data and technology. United States nearly doubled farm production of Midwest states in the 1950s due to federal subsidies on farming, and GMO research happened earlier compared to real world. US shipping companies are one of the largest in the world, since the States of Delaware and Panama estabilished very low taxes and easier port registries.


Accepted.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
The Kingdom of Denmark
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Sep 08, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Kingdom of Denmark » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:56 pm

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
The Kingdom of Denmark wrote:My location meaning Denmark, is located in Northern Europe. The picture that I have provided shows the exact location of the mainland plus the history explains.

I meant that it is located in "Northern Europe", and then referred to Denmark, my nation, being located there.

Well, only Sweden (I think) would not really like it, but it's all really just Scandinavia, so I think it would be possible. I did not use.Finland or Estonia, so it's not all the nordic countries.


I thought this was only limited to Denmark, since you didn't specify the others in your location section. Please specify next time. I will have to talk about this with OP. I will advocate for you to gain Iceland and possibly Gothenburg to Malmö, but that's it.

Hold on, so I can't have anything else? Okay, so first i wanted to occupy Germany Czech Republic, Poland Scandinavia Finland the baltic states and Iceland+Greenland. Then Serbia-Macedonia encouraged me to reduce it down to Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Greenland. A while later I was told I had to reduce the number of people I had and military because "my territory did not match my population. I agreed, but only if I could also occupy Sweden {Additionally}. And now I am being told that I can't have Greenland, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland? I don't understand!

Because something was written in a way that was very confusing to me, now I can't even have half of my claimed territory?!

I was one of the first to apply! You can ask Serbia Macedonia, he was the one who approved me and made me a deal. Plus, if it was in my history, how come it is now being revealed as unknown?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi, Gordano and Lysandus, Infected Mushroom, Kargintina the Third, Lazarian, Mediama, Novas Arcanum, Ralnis, Sarenium, The Empire of Tau

Advertisement

Remove ads