NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: UN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:34 am

Sarderia wrote:"The Iranian Delegation would like to nominate Iran, India, Siam, Turkey, and Africa to the UN Human Rights Council."

The German delegation votes aye to India, and Siam, nay to Africa, Turkey, and Iran

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:35 am

Sarderia wrote:UNSC Resolution to Deploy International Peacekeeping Force to Brazil and Argentina (UNPFORBA: UN Peacekeeping Forces Brazil-Argentina) Submitted by: Darioush Asghar Nassour
Imperial State of Iran Ambassador to the United Nations

The French ambassador to the UN, Jean Chavel stood up and began to speak.

"To me it seems that this proposal is biased considering Brazil and Iran are both OPEC members. To me it seems like Iran can't allow Brazil to endure the pain of it's failures. Invading Argentina was a step to far. And now that the effects of said invasion begin to kick in in the form of civil dissent, Iran rushes to Brazil's aid even thought his was a problem of Brazil's making."

"It is my opinion that Brazil must sort out it's own problems by ceasing it's wars. It is quite possible that all the civil discontent will end if the nation is not in a state of war. Or maybe Brazil should consider releasing Chile and pulling out Argentina as to save face and not need the aid of the UN. Because it is clear to me that Brazil has been unable to quell dissent and fight a war against what should have been a pushover enemy. So, Brazil should pay the price for doing just that."

"Because of this I urge all nations to vote nay as I will since this is a easily solvable problem that doesn't merit the security council's attention."

France votes nay on Iran's proposal.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:36 am

Sarderia wrote:"The Iranian Delegation would like to nominate Iran, India, Siam, Turkey, and Africa to the UN Human Rights Council."

France votes nay on Turkey, Africa, and India and votes aye on Iran and Siam.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:37 am

Monsone wrote:

France votes nay on Turkey, Africa, and India and votes aye on Iran and Siam.

OOC: bruh there was an objection you can’t vote right now
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:40 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:

OOC: Brazil objected.

OOC: This ain't a courtroom mate.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:41 am

Sarderia wrote:The Iranian Delegation cheered in unison on their election as UNSC temporary member. When every UNSC elected ambassador gave their speech, Iranian Ambassador to the UN Darioush Ashgar Nassour stated:

"We sincerely extend our gratitude to all our allies and partners on our election as UNSC temporary member. Iran promises that we will work staunchly and thoroughly to maintain the stability and world peace. With that given; Iran stresses the importance of UN interference in the Soviet Civil War. We must provide assurance and security to USSR citizens who are suffering the effects of this war, through donations and economic support."

"Iran will also introduce an UNSC Resolution to Condemn the Brazillian invasion of Argentina, and to implore both sides, Brazil and Argentina, to seek peace. Iran supports the deployment of international UN troops as a peacekeeping force, and no single nation should interfere on the Brazillian-Argentine conflict on their own."

UNSC Resolution to Deploy International Peacekeeping Force to Brazil and Argentina (UNPFORBA: UN Peacekeeping Forces Brazil-Argentina) Submitted by: Darioush Asghar Nassour

[1/8 AYE, 0/8 NAY]

Germany votes aye to this proposal.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 am

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:UNSC Resolution to Deploy International Peacekeeping Force to Brazil and Argentina (UNPFORBA: UN Peacekeeping Forces Brazil-Argentina) Submitted by: Darioush Asghar Nassour

"To me it seems that this proposal is biased considering Brazil and Iran are both OPEC members. To me it seems like Iran can't allow Brazil to endure the pain of it's failures. Invading Argentina was a step to far. And now that the effects of said invasion begin to kick in in the form of civil dissent, Iran rushes to Brazil's aid even thought his was a problem of Brazil's making."

"It is my opinion that Brazil must sort out it's own problems by ceasing it's wars. It is quite possible that all the civil discontent will end if the nation is not in a state of war. Or maybe Brazil should consider releasing Chile and pulling out Argentina as to save face and not need the aid of the UN. Because it is clear to me that Brazil has been unable to quell dissent and fight a war against what should have been a pushover enemy. So, Brazil should pay the price for doing just that."

"Because of this I urge all nations to vote nay as I will since this is a easily solvable problem that doesn't merit the security council's attention."

The First Right of Reply is utilized by Darioush Ashgar Nassour, Iranian Ambassador to the UN. He pushed a button to indicate his turn to answer.

"For your information, honourable Ambassador, Brazil has not confirmed their entry into OPEC yet. To all delgations, I implore you, to see and listen to the statement Brazil made about the dissent and war. Iran thoroughly condemn Brazil's invasion of Argentina, which is not justifiable, but we need to look into the matter that implores Iran to create this resolution at the first place."

"According to the Brazillian Government's statement, the Pirate State of Vaas, and France, collaborated to create dissent inside Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Were it to be true this is a severe criminal offence done by both states, and it is enough for an international investigation force to find the truth. The Brazillian government has done an unjustifiable incursion to Argentina, true, but these claims also must be validated. It is hypocrisy for France to say Iran can't allow Brazil to endure its failures, when France allegedly tried to destabilize other nations as well. That is the point of this UN Peacekeeping Force: to find the truth, and to give the proper justice towards the Brazillian government on its invasion of Argentina."
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:46 am

Sarderia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

The First Right of Reply is utilized by Darioush Ashgar Nassour, Iranian Ambassador to the UN. He pushed a button to indicate his turn to answer.

"For your information, honourable Ambassador, Brazil has not confirmed their entry into OPEC yet. To all delgations, I implore you, to see and listen to the statement Brazil made about the dissent and war. Iran thoroughly condemn Brazil's invasion of Argentina, which is not justifiable, but we need to look into the matter that implores Iran to create this resolution at the first place."

"According to the Brazillian Government's statement, the Pirate State of Vaas, and France, collaborated to create dissent inside Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Were it to be true this is a severe criminal offence done by both states, and it is enough for an international investigation force to find the truth. The Brazillian government has done an unjustifiable incursion to Argentina, true, but these claims also must be validated. It is hypocrisy for France to say Iran can't allow Brazil to endure its failures, when France allegedly tried to destabilize other nations as well. That is the point of this UN Peacekeeping Force: to find the truth, and to give the proper justice towards the Brazillian government on its invasion of Argentina."

The Brazilian Ambassador, Ferdinand Pedro Mage stands up
“With all due respect, we sent a ultimatum to the Argentinians. They did not except, and our war was justified. And we have evidence about coup. We have 1 cracked telegram about the coup plot. We want both to be brought to immediate justice.”
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:48 am

Sarderia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

The German delegation replies

"To the French delegation's proposal, this situation is exactly what the UN Peacekeepers were made to do, resolve conflict in areas, regardless of who started it, and why they started it. Leaving Brazil and Argentina to kill each other would be in direct contradiction to the UN Peacekeeping Charter."

"For the Iranian delegations statement, espionage in another nation, or funding of a rebellion, is not cause for a UN investigation, if that were the case, then the prospect of an Intelligence Service would be useless. So if the allegations from Brazil are true, the Pirates and France are perfectly allowed to be conducting espionage."

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:49 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Sarderia wrote:The First Right of Reply is utilized by Darioush Ashgar Nassour, Iranian Ambassador to the UN. He pushed a button to indicate his turn to answer.

The Brazilian Ambassador, Ferdinand Pedro Mage stands up
“With all due respect, we sent a ultimatum to the Argentinians. They did not except, and our war was justified. And we have evidence about coup. We have 1 cracked telegram about the coup plot. We want both to be brought to immediate justice.”

"Espionage is not cause for a UN court hearing Mr. Pedro." Says Michael Braun. (Of the German delegation)

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:50 am

Bolslania wrote:
Sarderia wrote:The First Right of Reply is utilized by Darioush Ashgar Nassour, Iranian Ambassador to the UN. He pushed a button to indicate his turn to answer.

"To the French delegation's proposal, this situation is exactly what the UN Peacekeepers were made to do, resolve conflict in areas, regardless of who started it, and why they started it. Leaving Brazil and Argentina to kill each other would be in direct contradiction to the UN Peacekeeping Charter."

"For the Iranian delegations statement, espionage in another nation, or funding of a rebellion, is not cause for a UN investigation, if that were the case, then the prospect of an Intelligence Service would be useless. So if the allegations from Brazil are true, the Pirates and France are perfectly allowed to be conducting espionage."

OOC: they’re not if they aren’t allies of Argentina and it doesn’t give them a right to coup us.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:51 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Bolslania wrote:The German delegation replies

OOC: they’re not if they aren’t allies of Argentina and it doesn’t give them a right to coup us.

OOC: This isn't about rights, they are allowed to conduct espionage as they see fit.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:51 am

Bolslania wrote:

"Mr Secretary General, we concur with the statement of honourable German Ambassador on the first part," Darioush replied. "This must be done to prevent another major war from breaking out. We must learn from the case of Czechoslovakia. However we are against the honourable Ambassador's statements on espionage. Funding a rebellion is not justified."

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:54 am

Bolslania wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:OOC: Brazil objected.

OOC: This ain't a courtroom mate.

OOC: see what Free Ward Marchers said.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:54 am

The Free State of Uruguay will abstain from voting on Iran's docket.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:55 am

Edmond Gregory of the Polaria Republic votes "Aye" for Holland (The Netherlands)
"Nay" for the Imperial State of Iran (Persia)
"Aye" for the Republic of Turkey
and "Nay" for the suspension of the United Soviet Socialist Republics (Soviet Union)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:56 am

Sarderia wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

"Mr Secretary General, we concur with the statement of honourable German Ambassador on the first part," Darioush replied. "This must be done to prevent another major war from breaking out. We must learn from the case of Czechoslovakia. However we are against the honourable Ambassador's statements on espionage. Funding a rebellion is not justified."

"Mr Secretary General, the Honorable Ambassador of Iran appears to be mistaken about what espionage is. Espionage is allowed to be conducted as the country sees fit, and in the event that a spy or other agent of espionage is caught, the nation that captured them is allowed to prosecute them to the full extent of their law. Espionage is not a matter for the UN to be concerned with."

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:58 am

Bolslania wrote:
Sarderia wrote:"Mr Secretary General, we concur with the statement of honourable German Ambassador on the first part," Darioush replied. "This must be done to prevent another major war from breaking out. We must learn from the case of Czechoslovakia. However we are against the honourable Ambassador's statements on espionage. Funding a rebellion is not justified."

"Mr Secretary General, the Honorable Ambassador of Iran appears to be mistaken about what espionage is. Espionage is allowed to be conducted as the country sees fit, and in the event that a spy or other agent of espionage is caught, the nation that captured them is allowed to prosecute them to the full extent of their law. Espionage is not a matter for the UN to be concerned with."

The Brazilian delegate angrily steps for “mr Secretary General, a country has every right to espionage but in no way should be allowed to form stage and supply a coup in a nation that it has no hostilities to”

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:00 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Sarderia wrote:"Mr Secretary General, we concur with the statement of honourable German Ambassador on the first part," Darioush replied. "This must be done to prevent another major war from breaking out. We must learn from the case of Czechoslovakia. However we are against the honourable Ambassador's statements on espionage. Funding a rebellion is not justified."

"Mr Secretary General, that is the point of sending UN peacekeeping forces. If the statement released by Brazil is indeed true, then the force would serve to contain dissent until the French and Vaasian instigators are caught. They are to prevent another conflict breaking within Brazil, or between Brazil with France or Vaas. Otherwise it is the responsibility of the Brazilian government to do whatever they please with foreign agents."

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 pm

Mr. Gregory would also vote 'Nay' on Siam (Thailand)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

"Mr Secretary General, that is the point of sending UN peacekeeping forces. If the statement released by Brazil is indeed true, then the force would serve to contain dissent until the French and Vaasian instigators are caught. They are to prevent another conflict breaking within Brazil, or between Brazil with France or Vaas. Otherwise it is the responsibility of the Brazilian government to do whatever they please with foreign agents."

"Mr. Secretary General, the job of the Peacekeeping forces is to ensure the security of civilians, and allow a peaceful resolution between Argentina and Brazil, it is not supposed to be the personal SS of the Brazilian government to root out allegations of spies. Brazil has no concrete evidence."

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Ambassador Jean Chauvel pressed his button to reply as a message from Paris was handed to him.

"The Brazilians may say whatever they want, but my nation has denied any and all involvement with the protesters. The French people and government symapthize with their cause, but in the end, we are not supporting the protesters. What is much more shocking isthe revelation that one million troops have been sent to quell the protests. If any human rights are violated the I will intervene on behalf of the French Government to aid the protesters diplomatically, and Brazil will loose whatever high ground it had."
Mohn-sohn-eh

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Monsone wrote:Ambassador Jean Chauvel pressed his button to reply as a message from Paris was handed to him.

"The Brazilians may say whatever they want, but my nation has denied any and all involvement with the protesters. The French people and government symapthize with their cause, but in the end, we are not supporting the protesters. What is much more shocking isthe revelation that one million troops have been sent to quell the protests. If any human rights are violated the I will intervene on behalf of the French Government to aid the protesters diplomatically, and Brazil will loose whatever high ground it had."

"The German delegation will take the same actions if Human Rights abuses come to light."

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Sarderia wrote:"Mr Secretary General, that is the point of sending UN peacekeeping forces. If the statement released by Brazil is indeed true, then the force would serve to contain dissent until the French and Vaasian instigators are caught. They are to prevent another conflict breaking within Brazil, or between Brazil with France or Vaas. Otherwise it is the responsibility of the Brazilian government to do whatever they please with foreign agents."

"Mr. Secretary General, the job of the Peacekeeping forces is to ensure the security of civilians, and allow a peaceful resolution between Argentina and Brazil, it is not supposed to be the personal SS of the Brazilian government to root out allegations of spies. Brazil has no concrete evidence."

"Mr Secretary General, the Honourable Ambassador of Germany seems to be mistaken. We will point at his usage of the term "SS" to be inappropriate - after all it was Germany that created the inhumane death squad a decade ago. It will not in any sense serve as the personal bodyguard of the Brazilian regime. It will keep both Brazilian forces and the rebels in check until a peace can be signed out."
Bolslania wrote:
Monsone wrote:Ambassador Jean Chauvel pressed his button to reply as a message from Paris was handed to him.

"The German delegation will take the same actions if Human Rights abuses come to light."

"The Iranian delegation concur and agree."

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:10 pm

"Is a nation that shoots peaceful African people really fit to talk about human rights? The West does not stand to be an arbiter of human rights, ambassador. On the 8th of May, 1945, your government MURDERED 45,000 Algerian civilians in the streets for no reason. They weren't even protesting - they were CELEBRATING the end of the Second World War. And you think it fit to lecture the nations of the third world on human rights? What hypocrisy. What disgusting and shameful behaviour."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse