NATION

PASSWORD

Redwall: The Ultimate Adventure[OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guini
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Romextly wrote:I think the number of vermin in the hordes ranges from 48,000 to 80,000. A very large number

daaaaang!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Romextly wrote:anyone on?

I am. On mobile though so can't type as fast. I still have the below inquiry;

Harbertia wrote:Seeing how Golat's horde marched at dusk, I think some discussion should occur in regards to how to bring Senua into the narrative as time has progressed to the morn. In light of this, off hand, the only group that may still be around somewhere close would be Prim's which is heading towards Salamandastron.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Romextly wrote:anyone on?

I am. On mobile though so can't type as fast. I still have the below inquiry;

Harbertia wrote:Seeing how Golat's horde marched at dusk, I think some discussion should occur in regards to how to bring Senua into the narrative as time has progressed to the morn. In light of this, off hand, the only group that may still be around somewhere close would be Prim's which is heading towards Salamandastron.

I feel like Senua would enter as she stalked Prim's group

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Though, you might have to contact Ovesa, though he/she has not been active the entire day

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:01 pm

When they get on we can get their thoughts. I am willing to go the stalking of Prims group route or another route. They may have an idea to bring to the table of options.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:02 pm

Harbertia wrote:When they get on we can get their thoughts. I am willing to go the stalking of Prims group route or another route. They may have an idea to bring to the table of options.

you can also make another character to make you busy

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:12 pm

/bump

there is still space

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Romextly wrote:
Harbertia wrote:When they get on we can get their thoughts. I am willing to go the stalking of Prims group route or another route. They may have an idea to bring to the table of options.

you can also make another character to make you busy

Romextly wrote:/bump

there is still space

As I'm not entirely sure Senua will survive long it's possible that I will make a character after her or indeed another in order to play a role in the on going plot.

It will depend on how things proceed. For example, if we go the route of Senua stalking Prim's group- as she's not associated with the Horde this activity would have to be either 'learning what's going on' or 'hunting'. If she learns something from observation she may decide to use that knowledge and how would depend on what the knowledge is. If hunting it means being in instant conflict. I'd leave it up to Prim's player if Senua has a tough hide or not, and due to the importance of Prim currently I don't see Prim loosing but rather winning such a confrontation.

In regards to the prospect of Senua speaking first- it's unlikely she would be the one to initiate dialogue with either faction as she's certain that being a serpent makes her 'that treasure hoarding beast to be slain' by either faction due to her mother's perspective. This makes it a real challenge to open dialogue with Senua as it becomes a game of diplomacy where in both parties have to be assured that the other isn't going to strike- and unfortunately out of fear either party may opt to 'flex' it's might to put the other in a more agreeable position.

This challenge is also why I feel a discussion is needed here, as some planning would have to go into such. If, she can't really 'converse' she'd narratively serve only the role of 'obstacle' or 'challenge'- a foe and a rather minor one at that.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 pm

True

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Romextly wrote:Though, you might have to contact Ovesa, though he/she has not been active the entire day

I'm cool with it. It doesn't even have to be a violent confrontation if you don't want it to be. Or it can be. Your choice

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:14 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Romextly wrote:Though, you might have to contact Ovesa, though he/she has not been active the entire day

I'm cool with it. It doesn't even have to be a violent confrontation if you don't want it to be. Or it can be. Your choice

Harbertia wrote:-snip- For example, if we go the route of Senua stalking Prim's group- as she's not associated with the Horde this activity would have to be either 'learning what's going on' or 'hunting'. If she learns something from observation she may decide to use that knowledge and how would depend on what the knowledge is. If hunting it means being in instant conflict. I'd leave it up to Prim's player if Senua has a tough hide or not, and due to the importance of Prim currently I don't see Prim loosing but rather winning such a confrontation.

In regards to the prospect of Senua speaking first- it's unlikely she would be the one to initiate dialogue with either faction as she's certain that being a serpent makes her 'that treasure hoarding beast to be slain' by either faction due to her mother's perspective. This makes it a real challenge to open dialogue with Senua as it becomes a game of diplomacy where in both parties have to be assured that the other isn't going to strike- and unfortunately out of fear either party may opt to 'flex' it's might to put the other in a more agreeable position.

This challenge is also why I feel a discussion is needed here, as some planning would have to go into such. If, she can't really 'converse' she'd narratively serve only the role of 'obstacle' or 'challenge'- a foe and a rather minor one at that.

I do prefer to converse in an RP though how we- get her to do so- is a bit tricky at this time.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Looks fine. Looking forward to your post
Last edited by Romextly on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Ovesa wrote:I'm cool with it. It doesn't even have to be a violent confrontation if you don't want it to be. Or it can be. Your choice

Harbertia wrote:-snip- For example, if we go the route of Senua stalking Prim's group- as she's not associated with the Horde this activity would have to be either 'learning what's going on' or 'hunting'. If she learns something from observation she may decide to use that knowledge and how would depend on what the knowledge is. If hunting it means being in instant conflict. I'd leave it up to Prim's player if Senua has a tough hide or not, and due to the importance of Prim currently I don't see Prim loosing but rather winning such a confrontation.

you've been in a redwall RP before right?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:29 pm

Romextly wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

you've been in a redwall RP before right?

Once, it was a long time ago. Not as long ago as when I last read one of the books (so not as far back as 2013) but still a few years. As I stated with my app I may need some help slipping in. Do you have a recommendation? I've started writing a post and thus can use the advice.
Tomorrow is made today.

Guini
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Start off by describing her home or if she is eating something. You then go on with some backstory or flash back.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Guini wrote:Start off by describing her home or if she is eating something. You then go on with some backstory or flash back.

that is a good start

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Romextly wrote:you've been in a redwall RP before right?

Once, it was a long time ago. Not as long ago as when I last read one of the books (so not as far back as 2013) but still a few years. As I stated with my app I may need some help slipping in. Do you have a recommendation? I've started writing a post and thus can use the advice.

Yeah, I saw it. It was called the rise of a red dawn?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:42 pm

Guini wrote:Start off by describing her home or if she is eating something. You then go on with some backstory or flash back.

My current writing in progress has utilized the suggestion of Romextly;

Romextly wrote:I feel like Senua would enter as she stalked Prim's group

Though, discribing her at home is a valid one- if well- the group came close.... but.... well it creates a bit of a delima as 'starting with stalking' brings her right into the action while 'describing her home establishes the character'....

Though as I don't know how long she'll survive the 'start with stalking' is appealing as it at least gives her some role in the story now as opposed to 'hoping the group gets close to her even though such wouldn't be good for them'.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Harbertia wrote:

My current writing in progress has utilized the suggestion of Romextly;

Romextly wrote:I feel like Senua would enter as she stalked Prim's group

Though, discribing her at home is a valid one- if well- the group came close.... but.... well it creates a bit of a delima as 'starting with stalking' brings her right into the action while 'describing her home establishes the character'....

Though as I don't know how long she'll survive the 'start with stalking' is appealing as it at least gives her some role in the story now as opposed to 'hoping the group gets close to her even though such wouldn't be good for them'.

Maybe they past her home without knowing, and as snakes are territorial, she follows them

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:48 pm

Romextly wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Once, it was a long time ago. Not as long ago as when I last read one of the books (so not as far back as 2013) but still a few years. As I stated with my app I may need some help slipping in. Do you have a recommendation? I've started writing a post and thus can use the advice.

Yeah, I saw it. It was called the rise of a red dawn?

Autumn of the Red Dawn :) I did a search of my history. My character was named 'Mesophilous' though my first character idea was one named 'Twig'.
Romextly wrote:Maybe they past her home without knowing, and as snakes are territorial, she follows them

I can tie that in with what I've written so far. I can replace what I have with her 'watching the horde and then slithering away when the arrows flew' with the more believable 'the trio rushed past her home' scenario.
Senua

Eyes like the moon on a blue night looked out upon the trio from the brush. The eyes of Senua, a black serpent who had been observing the Horde when the arrows where flung. Her movements must have blended well with the sounds of the trio's own or have otherwise gone unnoticed as she watched and listened. She had only noticed the group during her own efforts to remain undiscovered. Her listening had started when one offered 'wrap leaves' for anothers wounds. Compared to the Horde these three seems easier prey. From the words she heard they where far from support, she knew where they where going, and felt confident taking on the three as opposed to some of her plans regarding the Horde's numbers. Still, she found them curious- they had a mission. The one who had offered the leaves to the other wore a cloak, and had a satchel. It took a while for Senua to draw to her mind why this one was interesting. Senua had seen that garb before- Senua had long watched the coast and lived in the region. There was something novel about hearing the she-rat speak.

Can't say I'm entirely confident in what I have so far in regards to Senua recognizing Prim though not by name or personally more 'seen her rushing around' sort of way though that's currently something in this still a work in progress post.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:50 pm

It is good. But how many days is the snake's home from Salamandastron

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:53 pm

Romextly wrote:It is good. But how many days is the snake's home from Salamandastron

That is, not something I've decided. I know her kin moved away from the feet of the extinct volcano, and then after a time she was expelled with her siblings by her mother. Given as my original idea involved her observing the Nightwalkers it can be assumed that her home is a distance. Though as that has not been mentioned and we now have her entering around this trio- I'll simply let you inform me of the distance in days as I can not discern such from the map.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Romextly wrote:It is good. But how many days is the snake's home from Salamandastron

That is, not something I've decided. I know her kin moved away from the feet of the extinct volcano, and then after a time she was expelled with her siblings by her mother. Given as my original idea involved her observing the Nightwalkers it can be assumed that her home is a distance. Though as that has not been mentioned and we now have her entering around this trio- I'll simply let you inform me of the distance in days as I can not discern such from the map.

The ma is not the best. I'm still trying to look for a good map. I'm logging off. Hope to see your post tomorrow

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:33 am

it is a new day

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:05 pm

Romextly wrote:it is a new day

Maybe things will move forward today and if there are any issues in pacing on the IC such will be brought up. Anything to help this run smoothly.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse