NATION

PASSWORD

Redwall: The Ultimate Adventure[OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Guini wrote:sorry.

It's alright, I'm not angry or anything. All I ask is that you consider how other writers might feel when you kill/kidnap their characters without their input. If you could alter your post to, say, describe a close run-in with Prim's group, instead of a complete wipe out, it would fit better within the story.
Guini wrote:How about we work this out. We know that Rotclaw was an old friend of Prim right. What if , after interrogating her, he and possibly some of his men, ran off from the hordes and joined the redwall beasts

That could work, but I imagined that happening later in the story, as both characters got more involved in combat. It would be an interesting event, especially when considering how their dynamic might have shifted after Prim left the Horde, but we should save it for later in the story, so we can give our characters more time to establish themselves as individuals.

Guini
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:29 pm

Ovesa wrote:

It's alright, I'm not angry or anything. All I ask is that you consider how other writers might feel when you kill/kidnap their characters without their input. If you could alter your post to, say, describe a close run-in with Prim's group, instead of a complete wipe out, it would fit better within the story.
Guini wrote:How about we work this out. We know that Rotclaw was an old friend of Prim right. What if , after interrogating her, he and possibly some of his men, ran off from the hordes and joined the redwall beasts

That could work, but I imagined that happening later in the story, as both characters got more involved in combat. It would be an interesting event, especially when considering how their dynamic might have shifted after Prim left the Horde, but we should save it for later in the story, so we can give our characters more time to establish themselves as individuals.

Yeah, I mean I just joined PT2M. I'm a first timer

Guini
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Ovesa wrote:

how a bout, a squirrel died.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:32 pm

Ovesa wrote:Hey Guini, I am not opposed to having the story shift or having a story arc surrounding Prim and Rotclaw. However, that was a huge series of events that just happened IC, without input from any of the other writers about their characters. While character death/kidnapping/etc. is something that can sort of be expected from this kind of story, you kind of have to plan it out with other writers beforehand, because of how much those events can alter the story's course. I don't mind having overlapping stories, but please communicate with others before posting something that can dramatically shift the course of the story.

Yes. What would happen if, I don't know, Katngorl fell of his ship and was captured by the badger lord. Remember, you can communicate here

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:37 pm

Guini wrote:Yeah, I mean I just joined PT2M. I'm a first timer

That's great! It can be intimidating jumping into something new for the first time. Just remember that if you ever need writing advice, always feel free to reach out. This forum's full of passionate writers who are more than happy to lend a helping hand.

As for having one of the squirrels die, you'd have to talk with Rom about that. Telegrams would probably be your best bet when communicating with other writers on NS.

Guini
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Already did. Said it'll show the other players that NPC's can die

Guini
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:45 pm

edited it

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:47 pm

Guini wrote:edited it

Much appreciated :)

Guini
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 pm

:) thanks

Guini
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Guini wrote:edited it

Much appreciated :)

New post

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:01 pm

It is the next day

Aussie and Zeal
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aussie and Zeal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm

The order of the long patrol

General: Marthon Veluis
Brigadier(100 hares): Crankshrew
Colonel(75 hares): Louis de Maryenne
Major(50 hares):Goughty
Captains (25 hares): Dartom Fotresdom
Catorce
Steelear
Lieutenant(20 hares):O'craig
Sargent(15):O'hare
Wonwill
Butill
Corporal:Butty Wopscutt

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 pm

New quote

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:07 pm

I do not expect this to be an accepted character, and myself have not read far into the books. I have used the Redwall Wiki to help fill me in. I've finished reading the IC to know that hordes are upon the land. Still, if she is accepted I don't expect a 'happy' ending for her and thus will work as I must with the others to keep her from being problematic. I have not read the book since high school (class of 2013) so do be forgiving of any lapse in memory I may have. To add emphasis, given as this wasn't a listed option for character I will not complain if it's out right rejected.

Character Name: Senua
Character species: Rat Snake (Black Scales/Eyes of a Bluish Silver)*
Character weapons: Natural Defenses
Character clothes: None
Character birthplace: The Feet of Salamadastron
Character home: Salamadastron
Character Bio: Senua's story is one of learning. While of small stature her instincts guided her in the search of grubs and small insects to eat. As she got older, so to did the inhabitants of Salamadastron get closer. Her kin moved closer to the shore at this time. During this move she learned much about Long Patrol, in so much as her mother knew. Her mother told her to fear them, and over the course of what time she spent teaching her and her siblings instilled in them her view of the world. Senua sees the more 'civilized' folk as a threat and worries that their is no hope for her kind- no place for them- in these lands. Once expelled to settle in her own Senua took to watching the coast for sea rats. While it was impossible for Senua to survive entirely on such she looked forward to such meals. Her lair has a fine assortment of nautical implements and other valuables. She believes (knows) that if she where ever discovered she'd be slain, and not knowing of any alternative means of survival has opted to fight if her home is intruded upon. To her, serpents such as her self are a dying people whose time is passing- for such was her mother's view. Despite her isolation she's pessimistically philosophical and intelligent as are most snakes. Now she's in a situation she has never been in before, as the Nightwalkers make camp.

*Can be an Adder upon request.
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Harbertia wrote:-snip-

That's quite an interesting app. I don't know much about snakes in Redwall, but I think Senua would be a great addition to our story. Ultimately, it's the OP's decision, but I, for one, am delighted to see such a unique character :)

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the
HORDE MASTER POST!

Ranks, history, important characters, and more can be found here. I am open to suggestions and additions as the story progresses :)

When the first Ungatt Trunn came to power, he created an army known as the Blue Horde, named for the blue dye they coated their bodies with. Known for their naval prowess and overwhelming numbers, they were the only know military force that conquered Salamandastron, even if they only kept it for an abysmal amount of time. As well as utilizing control of the seas, the Blue Horde utilized illusions and other scare tactics to frighten and intimidate their opponents.

Unfortunately, the Blue Horde was wrought with logistical issues. Despite their talent at controlling the waves, their tactics on land were abysmal at best, relying more on sheer numbers than actual tactics or skill. Not only that, but once they got control of their lands, they never kept them for very long. What made this even worse was that their army was reliant on constant expansion for it to survive. Once that fell apart, everything else fell with it. To put it simply, their entire plan rested on the shoulders of unskilled, poorly taught soldiers who were treated as little more than cannon fodder. After the first Ungatt Trunn was killed, the Blue Horde mostly disbanded.

Countless seasons later, one of Trunn's descendants took the name and mantle for himself, taking it upon himself to form a greater, more efficient fighting force known simply as the Horde. Alongside his trusted captains and advisors, Trunn made several reforms to his new military, in order to ensure that it would not meet the same fate as its predecessor. These reforms include:

• An increased emphasis on the quality of soldiers over their quantity
• Closely knit units of soldiers, often trained from birth together with specific purposes in mind
• More of a focus on land-based superiority and tactics, as well as governance of acquired lands
• A dedicated overseas workforce dedicated to producing food and supplies for the war machine, ensuring that they wouldn't become completely reliant on outward expansion
• Upward mobility for those born into the life of the Horde
• Rhetoric, brainwashing, and propaganda for the Horde members to ensure their utmost loyalty

With these changes, the second Ungatt Trunn felt that he had created the perfect war machine, which he could use to conquer Redwall.

At the top, you have the second Ungatt Trunn. A descendant of the original warlord, this wildcat is ruthless and efficient with his machinations. He often delegates his many duties to his underlings, typically his generals and captains. He is known to have a fiersome temper, and a cruel, calculating mind.

Generals and Admirals are the ones leading the campaigns, planning out strategies and directing hundreds of troops and countless units. Although officially equal in standing, Generals tend to have more influence than Admirals, which can cause tension between the two branches as a whole. Typically, only generals can wear capes, but there are exceptions (i.e. Golat).

Commanders and Captains lead large units of soldiers consisting of multiple squadrons. This is the highest rank a "low-born" soldier can naturally earn (in most circumstances). They spend most of their time overseeing soldiers and leading them into battle, although some have acclimated to more administrative tasks. Although they are given some freedom with what strategies to use and how they interact with troops, they are ultimately under control of the Generals and Admirals. [Note: in this context, Commander is for the army, while Captain is for the navy]

A group led by a Captain or a Commander is called a Legion. If a soldier was asked to announce themselves, they would do so in this format; "[rank] [name], [legion name] legion, [squadron name] squadron".

Example: "Master Sergeant Bowleg, Nightwalker Legion, Red Wave Squadron"

[NOTE: Unless they lead a specific squadron, anyone rank Lieutenant and higher doesn't have to list a squadron. Anyone below sergeant does not announce a rank. However, if they are specialized (i.e. archer, scout), they must declare their specialization after their name]

Example: "Slackjaw the Archer, Nightwalker Legion, Black Diamond Squadron"

Lieutenants are the right-hand men, erm, beasts, to Commanders and Captains. They fight alongside their commanding officers, leading their units and learning the ropes of being a Commander or Captain. A Commander or Captain can have multiple lieutenants in training, although most usually only train one or two at a time. When they finally get that promotion, they'll be given their own unit to take care of.

Master Sergeants manage how sergeants run their camps and sub-groups squadrons. They ultimately decide most of the army's daily life, from basic scheduling to what training consists of to who goes into which squadron.

Sergeants are in charge of looking after the troops. They manage the camps, maintain supplies, and most importantly they are in charge of training. They can be in charge of anywhere from 5 to 75 troops, and even more in some cases. Their groups are called squadrons. Squadrons are generally specialized in a handful of areas (melee, infiltration, medical, etc.), although there are more generalized squadrons out there.

Scouts and Couriers are placed equally on the Horde totem pole. One scouts ahead for patrol units and maps out new terrain, while the other delivers messages and supplies between camps and other units.

Archers are a specialty group, trained from birth in the art of ranged combat and tracking. They exist outside of the traditional ranking structure, and it is rare for a born archer to rise above their given rank. There are dedicated small units of archers, some of which are trained to track down traitors and other threats.

Infantry are the lowest of the low. With no true rank or title to call their own, they make up most of the Horde's forces. While most are basic melee fighters, some specialize in the use of shields, spears, nets, and slingshots. Most creatures at this rank are rats, although you'll find other types of vermin as well.

This is a general outline of basic ranks, and it is by no means meant to be set in stone. There are plenty of unlisted specialty ranks and other positions not listed here.

Balu the Reckless is Chief General of the Horde's land-based forces, and he serves as Ungatt Trunn's second in command. Nobody outside of Trunn's inner circle know much about him, or even what species he is. All that's truly known is that he is a skillful fighter, who is known for his direct tactics, chaotic fighting style, and a rumored height problem...

Golat The Ghost is a pine marten Commander, with cloud-white fur and blood red eyes. Once part of the infantry, he rose through the ranks and became the leader of a unit known as the Nightwalkers, a group known for their ravenous attacks and undying loyalty to Golat. A skilled tactician and bloodthirsty fighter, Golat is not to be taken lightly. Secretly, Golat is resentful of his superiors, and he plans to take control of the continent for himself...

Katngorl is a weasel, and the Chief Admiral of the Horde's navy. He is a powerful beast known for his skillful tactics.

Prim is a Redwall messenger who was raised in the Horde as part of the infantry. After escaping the Horde, she is now a courier for the Abbot, and she will do anything to protect her new home. She is a rat with grey fur and soft, rounded features, atypical of her species. She wears a scarlet cloak that identifies her as a Redwall messenger.

Rotclaw is a rat. Infantry-turned-Commanders, he grew up alongside Prim, and shared a lot of similar views. He was transferred to a different unit before Prim left for the mainland, an act he views as a betrayal. Leading his troops into the heart of Redwall, he wants nothing more than to kill Prim for betraying him.

Legions

The Nightwalker Legion is an infamous legion led by Commander Golat, otherwise known as Golat the Ghost. Members of this legion are marked with a black armband tied around their left arm. They are known for their efficiency, ruthlessness, and undying loyalty. Even by the Horde's standards, they are considered ravenous. Most aren't born into the Nightwalkers; these soldiers are hand-picked from other units with specific criteria in mind.

Squadrons

The Black Diamond Squadron is a group within the Nighwalker legion. Hand-picked by Golat himself, they are soldiers who specialize in stealth and ambush-style attacks. While primarily melee fighters, it's not uncommon to find fighters wielding other weapons, such as slingshots.
Members of this legion are marked by a black diamond painted over one, or both, of their eyes.

Unknown Date: 1st Horde troops land on shores
Unknown Date: 1st Horde Attack
Unknown Date: Horde troops take control of Moss River Delta

TBA
Last edited by Ovesa on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:10 pm

Ovesa wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, this is the
HORDE MASTER POST!

Ranks, history, important characters, and more can be found here. I am open to suggestions and additions as the story progresses :)

When the first Ungatt Trunn came to power, he created an army known as the Blue Horde, named for the blue dye they coated their bodies with. Known for their naval prowess and overwhelming numbers, they were the only know military force that conquered Salamandastron, even if they only kept it for an abysmal amount of time. As well as utilizing control of the seas, the Blue Horde utilized illusions and other scare tactics to frighten and intimidate their opponents.

Unfortunately, the Blue Horde was wrought with logistical issues. Despite their talent at controlling the waves, their tactics on land were abysmal at best, relying more on sheer numbers than actual tactics or skill. Not only that, but once they got control of their lands, they never kept them for very long. What made this even worse was that their army was reliant on constant expansion for it to survive. Once that fell apart, everything else fell with it. To put it simply, their entire plan rested on the shoulders of unskilled, poorly taught soldiers who were treated as little more than cannon fodder. After the first Ungatt Trunn was killed, the Blue Horde mostly disbanded.

Countless seasons later, one of Trunn's descendants took the name and mantle for himself, taking it upon himself to form a greater, more efficient fighting force known simply as the Horde. Alongside his trusted captains and advisors, Trunn made several reforms to his new military, in order to ensure that it would not meet the same fate as its predecessor. These reforms include:

• Closely knit units of soldiers, often trained from birth together with specific purposes in mind
• More of a focus on land-based superiority and tactics, as well as governance of acquired lands
• A dedicated overseas workforce dedicated to producing food and supplies for the war machine, ensuring that they wouldn't become completely reliant on outward expansion
• Rhetoric, brainwashing, and propaganda for the Horde members to ensure their utmost loyalty

With these changes, the second Ungatt Trunn felt that he had created the perfect war machine, which he could use to conquer Redwall.

At the top, you have the second Ungatt Trunn. A descendant of the original warlord, this wildcat is ruthless and efficient with his machinations. He often delegates his many duties to his underlings, typically his generals and captains. He is known to have a fiersome temper, and a cruel, calculating mind.

Generals and Admirals are the ones leading the campaigns, planning out strategies and directing hundreds of troops and countless units. Although officially equal in standing, Generals tend to have more influence than Admirals, which can cause tension between the two branches as a whole. Typically, only generals can wear capes, but there are exceptions (i.e. Golat).

Commanders and Captains lead specialized units of soldiers, ranging from 10 to 150 vermin. This is the highest rank a "low-born" soldier can naturally earn. They spend most of their time training soldiers and leading them into battle, although some have acclimated to more administrative tasks. Although they are given some freedom with what strategies to use and how they interact with troops, they are ultimately under control of the Generals and Admirals. [Note: in this context, Commander is for the army, while Captain is for the navy]

Lieutenants are the right-hand men, erm, beasts, to Commanders and Captains. They fight alongside their commanding officers, leading their units and learning the ropes of being a Commander or Captain. A Commander or Captain can have multiple lieutenants in training, although most usually only train one or two at a time. When they finally get that promotion, they'll be given their own unit to take care of.

Scouts and Couriers are placed equally on the Horde totem pole. One scouts ahead for patrol units and maps out new terrain, while the other delivers messages and supplies between camps and other units.

Archers are a specialty group, trained from birth in the art of ranged combat and tracking. They exist outside of the traditional ranking structure, and it is rare for a born archer to rise above their given rank. There are dedicated small units of archers, some of which are trained to track down traitors and other threats.

Infantry are the lowest of the low. With no true rank or title to call their own, they make up most of the Horde's forces. While most are basic melee fighters, some specialize in the use of shields, spears, nets, and slingshots. Most creatures at this rank are rats, although you'll find other types of vermin as well.

This is a general outline of basic ranks, and it is by no means meant to be set in stone. There are plenty of unlisted specialty ranks and other positions not listed here.

Balu the Reckless is Chief General of the Horde's land-based forces, and he serves as Ungatt Trunn's second in command. Nobody outside of Trunn's inner circle know much about him, or even what species he is. All that's truly known is that he is a skillful fighter, who is known for his direct tactics, chaotic fighting style, and a rumored height problem...

Golat The Ghost is a pine marten Commander, with cloud-white fur and blood red eyes. Once part of the infantry, he rose through the ranks and became the leader of a unit known as the Nightwalkers, a group known for their ravenous attacks and undying loyalty to Golat. A skilled tactician and bloodthirsty fighter, Golat is not to be taken lightly. Secretly, Golat is resentful of his superiors, and he plans to take control of the continent for himself...

Katngorl is a weasel, and the Chief Admiral of the Horde's navy. He is a powerful beast known for his skillful tactics.

Prim is a Redwall messenger who was raised in the Horde as part of the infantry. After escaping the Horde, she is now a courier for the Abbot, and she will do anything to protect her new home. She is a rat with grey fur and soft, rounded features, atypical of her species. She wears a scarlet cloak that identifies her as a Redwall messenger.

Rotclaw is a rat. Infantry-turned-Commanders, he grew up alongside Prim, and shared a lot of similar views. He was transferred to a different unit before Prim left for the mainland, an act he views as a betrayal. Leading his troops into the heart of Redwall, he wants nothing more than to kill Prim for betraying him.

TBA

Beautiful! This is a great work

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Harbertia wrote:I do not expect this to be an accepted character, and myself have not read far into the books. I have used the Redwall Wiki to help fill me in. I've finished reading the IC to know that hordes are upon the land. Still, if she is accepted I don't expect a 'happy' ending for her and thus will work as I must with the others to keep her from being problematic. I have not read the book since high school (class of 2013) so do be forgiving of any lapse in memory I may have. To add emphasis, given as this wasn't a listed option for character I will not complain if it's out right rejected.

Character species: Rat Snake (Black/Eyes of a Bluish Silver)*
Character Bio: Senua's story is one of learning. While of small stature her instincts guided her in the search of grubs and small insects to eat. As she got older, so to did the inhabitants of Salamadastron get closer. Her kin moved closer to the shore at this time. During this move she learned much about Long Patrol, in so much as her mother knew. Her mother told her to fear them, and over the course of what time she spent teaching her and her siblings instilled in them her view of the world. Senua sees the more 'civilized' folk as a threat and worries that their is no hope for her kind- no place for them- in these lands. Once expelled to settle in her own Senua took to watching the coast for sea rats. While it was impossible for Senua to survive entirely on such she looked forward to such meals. Her lair has a fine assortment of nautical implements and other valuables. She believes (knows) that if she where ever discovered she'd be slain, and not knowing of any alternative means of survival has opted to fight if her home is intruded upon. To her, serpents such as her self are a dying people whose time is passing- for such was her mother's view. Despite her isolation she's pessimistically philosophical and intelligent as are most snakes. Now she's in a situation she has never been in before, as the Nightwalkers make camp.

Accepted. What is the color of her scales?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:17 pm

Romextly wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I do not expect this to be an accepted character, and myself have not read far into the books. I have used the Redwall Wiki to help fill me in. I've finished reading the IC to know that hordes are upon the land. Still, if she is accepted I don't expect a 'happy' ending for her and thus will work as I must with the others to keep her from being problematic. I have not read the book since high school (class of 2013) so do be forgiving of any lapse in memory I may have. To add emphasis, given as this wasn't a listed option for character I will not complain if it's out right rejected.

Character species: Rat Snake (Black/Eyes of a Bluish Silver)*

Accepted. What is the color of her scales?

Senua's scales are black :) I'll edit the app to make that clear for others.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:44 am

Seeing how Golat's horde marched at dusk, I think some discussion should occur in regards to how to bring Senua into the narrative as time has progressed to the morn. In light of this, off hand, the only group that may still be around somewhere close would be Prim's which is heading towards Salamandastron.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:50 am

Also, she is on the evil side right?

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 am

Ovesa wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, this is the
HORDE MASTER POST!

Commanders and Captains lead specialized units of soldiers, ranging from 10 to 150 vermin. This is the highest rank a "low-born" soldier can naturally earn. They spend most of their time training soldiers and leading them into battle, although some have acclimated to more administrative tasks. Although they are given some freedom with what strategies to use and how they interact with troops, they are ultimately under control of the Generals and Admirals. [Note: in this context, Commander is for the army, while Captain is for the navy]

TBA

1 question. For the important characters, will you put in NPC's?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am

Romextly wrote:

Also, she is on the evil side right?

Right though weather she will be an asset to the horde is not yet known. The destruction of Redwall and other civilized keeps would be 'positive' in her mind and being a serpent she may be evil by nessesity. Due to what she must eat to survive and how one can't really expect others to approve.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:47 pm

I think the number of vermin in the hordes ranges from 48,000 to 80,000. A very large number

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:11 pm

anyone on?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse