NATION

PASSWORD

Redwall: The Ultimate Adventure[OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:30 pm

Nihonjan wrote:Al right, this looks interesting. I'm too lazy so I'm going to choose an NPC from Aussie's post
Character Name:Captain Dartom Fotresdom
Character species (Good:Badger,Hare,Squirrel,Mice, Otters, Moles, Voles, shrews,hedgehogs)(Evil:Rat,Stoat,Toad,lizard,crows,Pine marten,Weasel, Fox,wolf,Gulo the Savage, Ungatt Trunn):Hare
Character weapons :Rapier, sling
Character clothes:([url=https://i.ibb.co/ZV3wZ4s/Screen-Shot-2020-07-13-at-4-26-46-PM.png]Image)[/url]
Character birthplace(Highlands,Mossflower, Salamandastron, Border, Redwall, Southwoods, Caves, overseas):Salamandastron
Character home(Same as above):Salamandastron
Character Bio:Dartom was a Hare that excelled in Sword combat. He has been very loyal to Lord Irontail and Is a prime and ready Hare. He is the co-leader of the Expeditionary, after Brigadier Crankshrew.

Accepted

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:30 pm

Who is the current Badger Lord? Is it Irontail? What should I know about him? Prim and the gang are going to meet him in the upper chambers of the Mountain (along with the Long Brigade), and I didn't want to mess up his characterization.
Last edited by Ovesa on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Guini wrote:
Ovesa wrote:I updated the Horde Master Post!
° Added Sergeants and Master Sergeants
° Edited Captain/Commander lore
° Added Squadrons and Legions
° Additional minor lore adjustments

If anyone has ideas for Horde characters, squadrons, or even legions, feel free to share them :)

Maybe add Rotclaw's brother, Killeye. He is a lieutenant and an exellent archer (rivaling Duot[and before you ask, yes, I did send him a telegram])

Rotclaw's Legion is the Cobra Legion and the subordinate Legion to him is called the Adder Legion. The paw-picked squadron of Rotclaw is the Securis Squadron, known to take multiple wounds and keep fighting

Thanks for the info! Just to clarify, what is Rotclaw's rank? I'm guessing he's either a Lieutenant or a Commander, but I figured it was worth asking. Is he part of the Securis Squadron, or is that a squadron he assembled after he became the leader of the Cobra Legion?

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Hmmm, bad guys could use some more in their ranks.

And some siege engines.
Last edited by Raktio on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Guini
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:54 am

Ovesa wrote:
Guini wrote:Maybe add Rotclaw's brother, Killeye. He is a lieutenant and an exellent archer (rivaling Duot[and before you ask, yes, I did send him a telegram])

Rotclaw's Legion is the Cobra Legion and the subordinate Legion to him is called the Adder Legion. The paw-picked squadron of Rotclaw is the Securis Squadron, known to take multiple wounds and keep fighting

Thanks for the info! Just to clarify, what is Rotclaw's rank? I'm guessing he's either a Lieutenant or a Commander, but I figured it was worth asking. Is he part of the Securis Squadron, or is that a squadron he assembled after he became the leader of the Cobra Legion?

Rotclaw is the commander of Cobra Legion, and superior (meaning he gives orders to) Adder Legion. He assembled it after he became commander

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:55 am

Ovesa wrote:Who is the current Badger Lord? Is it Irontail? What should I know about him? Prim and the gang are going to meet him in the upper chambers of the Mountain (along with the Long Brigade), and I didn't want to mess up his characterization.

You will have to ask Mathuvan Union, but he is not very active on this thread.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:36 am

Raktio wrote:Hmmm, bad guys could use some more in their ranks.

And some siege engines.

I was thinking about that

Nihonjan
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nihonjan » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:15 am

So how are we going to play this out?
We will be the light of saving

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:22 am

still trying to figure that out. Though I think your character might go to red wall

Guini
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Guini » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:34 pm

anyone on?

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:37 pm

yeah

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Almost done with my post. Turned out to be a bit more intensive than I had anticipated, but that's just the way the chili meets the cheese sometimes.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Ovesa wrote:Who is the current Badger Lord? Is it Irontail? What should I know about him? Prim and the gang are going to meet him in the upper chambers of the Mountain (along with the Long Brigade), and I didn't want to mess up his characterization.

Ovesa wrote:Almost done with my post. Turned out to be a bit more intensive than I had anticipated, but that's just the way the chili meets the cheese sometimes.

haha I was just about to message you about the situation. After I see your post, I'll get back with you. I know on my end I do want to see Prim and her group reach the mountain yet at the same time I also don't want this encounter to end in a way that seems anti-climatic considering the tension. I certainly don't think Prim slaying a snake, which is considered something of a legendary feat (at least in regards to the first book) is the route to go as I feel Prim should be built up a bit more before doing something of that scale. Yet at the same time the motive given to Senua for following them (predation) makes getting her to leave them be something of a challenge. While Prim understands what she needs to do (convince Senua not to attack them) she has yet to do so, and thus the path is still heading towards a combative situation. While Senua would be fine with 'one' of the three - as a player I would find it a bit sad to see one of the Squirrels lost this soon.

The other factor is, that I do need some way for Senua to play a role in the main narrative- and she presently has no association with the factions. As discussed with the OP she is Evil, but being alone she presently can only serve in this capacity- a lone challenge.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:07 pm

Oh, my bad. I was under the impression she had convinced Senua to not kill them (yet). I thought the story would just flow over to Salamandastron, so we could start the siege. What else is Prim really supposed to say?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Ovesa wrote:Oh, my bad. I was under the impression she had convinced Senua to not kill them (yet). I thought the story would just flow over to Salamandastron, so we could start the siege. What else is Prim really supposed to say?

Prim's being really polite, which has Senua's interest.... Senua's being polite in kind though also setting up her own little thing. I think you have an opportunity though- from your impression of what was happening. If you simply post what you where going to I can then explain something in regards to why Senua didn't take the opportunity.

That would get Prim to the Salamadastron, and the others- while also leaving Senua to either end up unheard from again (like 'Mister Death') or to encounter some other folk.... which from what I read would likely be the Horde except she's trying to keep her distance.... so this might just be an easy way to write her out of events.

You could make your post and then I could just not say what happened... I'm sure the trio would find the whole encounter odd and I guess Senua would also think about it as odd.

If I did post after, I would like an idea of where to take Senua. Right now her associating with either of the main factions is unlikely unless they make her an offer and of those to make an offer the Horde seems more likely.

Edit: To be clear, the reason Senua is interested in Prim is in part from having seen her before but never hearing her- and another part being talked too politely since in Senua's mind such seemed an impossibility. As stated in her app Senua believes that if she where ever discovered she'd be slain, and her whole mental image thanks to her mother is that the Long Patrol would certainly snuff her- and well yeah- when Senua showed her self she though of many outcome from her words- the three scatter, Harris attacks, the two squirrels attack insisting Prim move on, etc.... of all she imaged that would happen Prim 'speaking to her' was not one of them. Senua half expected for the rat to try using the others for bargaining- but that's not what Prim did- so Senua's experiencing something she hasn't before.

To the OP: Don't take the above as indication that Senua isn't going to be evil... Senua doesn't see the locals as people who'd sacrifice their own willingly.... she's not imaging that she could be at peace with them- more- she lives alone, usually only gets interaction while hunting and not very positive. It's more- I think I am rambling too much now hahah.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Hey, Ovesa, you alright? Do we need to talk a bit more about this?

Edit: I'm guessing you... lost the post you where working on.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:13 am

Harbertia wrote:Hey, Ovesa, you alright? Do we need to talk a bit more about this?

my guess as well

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Romextly wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Hey, Ovesa, you alright? Do we need to talk a bit more about this?

my guess as well

Perhaps I should have not said anything until he had made the post hehehe .... eh... :(
Tomorrow is made today.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Hey Klarik (and possibly Anglon) can Duot help Bahltair when he goes on an expedition to thin out the horde numbers?

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Romextly wrote:my guess as well

Perhaps I should have not said anything until he had made the post hehehe .... eh... :(

that kind of halted the IC. Don't feel bad. He hasn't checked in since tuesday. He is probably caught up with RL stuff

Klarik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Klarik » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:07 am

Romextly wrote:Hey Klarik (and possibly Anglon) can Duot help Bahltair when he goes on an expedition to thin out the horde numbers?

yeah. That's fine. Duot will go with you

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:03 pm

Romextly wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Perhaps I should have not said anything until he had made the post hehehe .... eh... :(

that kind of halted the IC. Don't feel bad. He hasn't checked in since tuesday. He is probably caught up with RL stuff

Probably, I think you are right in that I shouldn't feel bad. Though I am disappointed at having to wait or at worse not see the journey of Prim continue.

It's been a while... a long time really- since I played an evil character. Not entirely sure how I am doing, but I think her being evil by necessity helps.
Tomorrow is made today.

Anglonsaxon
Secretary

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglonsaxon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:05 am

He hasn't been on for more than a week

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:11 am

Anyone have a suggestion on how to bring Senua into things? It's not a pleasant idea but given as Ovesa has been gone for a long time we could assume an unfavorable out come in the Prim-Senua encounter. But only if some one is interested in Senua. Otherwise I can pick I'll out and let y'all enjoy the game :) as it's moving along just fine. I certainly don't want a repeat of what happened with Ovesa as I really wanted to see Prim's story unfold.
Tomorrow is made today.

Klarik
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Klarik » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:47 am

I tink you should stay. We people have to stick together :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse