NATION

PASSWORD

Alitheia In Space II: Many Worlds [OOC][FT][Semi-Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Arktic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Alitheia In Space II: Many Worlds [OOC][FT][Semi-Open]

Postby Arktic » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 am

Alitheia In Space II: Many Worlds (WIP)

The year, according to the Interstellar Human Calendar, is 3220. But that hardly matters. Our beautiful Galaxy, known as Alitheia, moves the same way as it has since it began forming billions of years ago. There is a remarkable degree of eternity to be found in the stars that surround us, an eternity which holds an unimaginable amount of life and activity. Within the hundreds of billions of stars inside our galactic island, hundreds of trillions of lives are created, act and are acted upon, and perish.

This bustling ecosystem of intelligent life, a galactic community if you will, has played host to tens of thousands of interstellar empires during its history. Today, there exists a thriving community of independent nations, empires, planetary governments, along with a great number of different multinational corporations and nomadic cultures, all interacting with each other through the Many Worlds Consortium. Sure, individual nations and species may have their rises and falls, their golden ages and dark ages. Yet the galaxy is not a civilization: it is a ocean, a forest. Within it will always be the scavengers, the growers, the travelers. And the predators.

However, despite the consistency of the galaxy, things are not entirely stable as of late. On a grand scale, ancient species such as the Vresh feel themselves threatened by the activities of upstarts like the Humans, threatening conflict on a scale scarcely seen before. The various religions of the galaxy continue their ruthless and bitter struggle for the souls of the faithful, and the ears of the powerful. Even more troubling are recent events that alarm leaders across the galaxy: mysterious flashes of radiation and tachyons coming from intergalactic space that has been empty and silent since time immemorial, sinister and unorthodox actions being taken by the Many Worlds Consortium that cannot be explained by any member nation or administrative official. Something is changing in the galaxy, and it has the potential to make or break the fortunes of trillions...

You are a member of this galactic community, an inhabitant of Alitheia. How will you choose to act? Will you deftly lead your people into a new golden age of commerce and culture? Will you force weaker empires into submission and break the pride of your rivals?Or will you seek to uncover the mysteries of the universe and of the soul? These are but a few of the options open to you, as your ability to act is as limitless as the stars in the sky.

Welcome to the Galaxy. Welcome, to Alitheia.

Alitheia In Space II: Many Worlds is the new and (I hope) improved official science fiction RP for the NS region and Discord community of Alitheia, aka Auso or Ausozera. The idea is to have a multiplayer, interactive, science fiction RP that spans the galaxy and recalls any and all of the best things we love about our favorite space operas, video games, and so on. Rules have been posted, and Applications are ready for people to fill out.

Link to the IC topic: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=489352

Of course, with any sort of roleplay or writing collaboration, there are ground rules and understandings that need to be established before anyone can really begin. This is no exception, and even though I (as the supreme autocrat of this RP) intend on largely adhering to the joint Rule of Cool and Rule of Don't Be A D_ck, there are going to be a number of guidelines that I am going to expect everyone to follow.

Rule 1: Arktic is the sole god of this multiverse.

As I hinted at in the introduction to the rules here, I am an autocrat here and intend on acting like one.

Fortunately for you, I only care about activity and fun, and I only control a handful of weak or distant NPCs that are mostly there to fulfill certain roles, so this won't mean any godmodding or unfun bullsh!t from my end.
Unfortunately for you, this means you cannot get away with things by appealing to a higher power.

For any dispute, arbitration, or question about the setting, my word is absolute law. I may deputize others to perform moderation action on my behalf on the Discord or here in the OOC, but my deputies are not my equals. If you disagree with something they do, or something anyone does, come to ME first. Don't yell at the offending player, don't pick fights with my deputies. Take it to me and I will resolve it one way or another.

Hopefully, though, we all can be reasonable, and my stupidly detailed edit log will show that I intend to be litigious and by the books when it comes to genuine disputes. I just want to have fun and to make sure everyone is having fun.

Rule 2: Fun and Cool are the names of the game.

As I said frustratedly to my friends in the Alitheia Canon Discord when I finally gave up on working out stupidly complicated rules for combat: "This is a RP, not an RPG."

There is no win condition.
There is no lose condition.
I will not be counting Victory Points at 2050 AD or 500 turns.

The other players are not enemies to be conquered or fools to be seduced, but they are your fellow actors on a stage where all of you are making a performance to be enjoyed by everyone, including yourself. To this end, even I may bend on rules that I have laid out here if I think it's in the best interest of the story and of peoples' enjoyment, and I understand that there is a certain kind of mind that may find this maddening. (If you have a problem with me being arbitrary, do permit me to redirect you to Rule 1, and go stuff it.)

When making my decisions on disagreements, I will have very little patience for people who act as though they're going to get a medal if their battle goes right, who want to dominate the game OOC, or who clearly get off on attacking or humiliating players with different playstyles or focuses.

If you have a tendency to get overly competitive or aggressive, let this be a heads up to keep things cool and calm. Or else.

Rule 3: Be nice.

Honestly, I wish I didn't have to say this, but being a nice person should be something you strive for here. We're all here to enjoy ourselves, have fun, and make something cool and interesting. So...

You don't need to attack people for the aesthetics they choose.
You don't need to attack people for the stories they want to tell.
You don't need to attack people for their jokes, or their memes.
You don't need to attack people for the way they write.
You don't need to attack people for their characters.
You don't need to attack people.

Criticism should be as constructive, and as kind as possible.
"I think it would be better if you worked on editing and spelling before you post" is better than "This is an English-speaking forum, idiot."
"This seems a little contrived, could you explain this to me?" is light years superior to "Way to pull that one out of your ass."
Be helpful. Not hurtful.

If there is something so nasty or disruptive that you simply can't treat it nicely, or that you're worried someone's behavior will seriously hurt the RP as a whole, message me and I will deal with it. I expect everyone to treat everyone else with genuine respect at all times.

Rule 4: Combat and espionage should be figured out beforehand, and if it is not, Arktic or a deputy will do it.

Of course, I recognize that there will be times when things happen in this RP where one party or another will be unhappy with the results. It is instinctual to try and avoid inconvenience, or losing power, or being messed with IC.

Ideally, everyone should figure their battles out beforehand in a nice, consensual way. Again, we are all as actors here; some people will need to accept being the fallen villain, and not everyone can all be the triumphant hero. You can still give a good performance and have fun as either. I personally love playing fallen or falling nations, and torturing my characters is one of my favorite pastimes, so you should be at least okay with it if it happens. (That, or I'm a sadist. A good quality for an autocrat to have. :) )

However, if this is impossible or undesirable for whatever reason, I will moderate the conflict. The precise things I will do to determine the victor will vary in each situation, but will factors I consider will often include:

-Relative fleet or army sizes,
-Relative likely skill of espionage and counter-espionage forces,
-Technological differences,
-Environmental situations,
-Probable energy levels for both sides,
-Creativity (or lack thereof),
-Basedness of the results,
-My mood and attitude towards the combatants (sorry, but it's honest), and
-Random number generation methods, if I cannot pick a victor.

I will try my best to reach a conclusion to the battle that everyone is at least kind of okay with, but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to. I can only promise a resolution, if one cannot be mutually agreed to. Usually these descriptions will be bare-bones, and explaining them and their consequences will be left to those actually in the conflict: ex. "Side A destroys 30% of Side B's fleet but the rest are able to escape" or "Side B's guards surround Side A's spy".

I may also allow a deputy to decide on a battle if I am busy or if I cannot decide myself, but if they're obviously biased or do something stupid I reserve the right as absolute autocrat to overrule them. I do however expect my deputies to use similar metrics and decision making processes to mine, as they will have read the rules as well, Parcia.

And I believe that is it for administrative rules. I reserve the right to change these whenever, of course, but unless I get major push back over this I intend on keeping to these fairly simple four rules. If I add, subtract, or change any rules, it will of course be registered in the OP Edit Log. For additional rules about technology and mechanics, read the tab below.

So this is a Future Tech™ RP. What that means exactly can be a source of contention, and arguments about conflicting mechanics and what could and should be permitted are one of the reasons that this is Alitheia in Space II. With that in mind, I'm going to set up some ground rules involving behavior, technology, battle mechanics, and general RP administrivia. READING THESE BEFORE APPLYING AND POSTING IS A MUST.

FTL

There are three methods of faster-than-light travel that will be in use for this RP. The specific "how"s will be intentionally vague, but outside of these three methods there will be no other kind of FTL permitted: no, your special species doesn't have a magical Instant Transport Potion, you have to play by the same rules as well. The three genres of FTL are as follows:

1. "Blinking": Blink Drives, also known IC and OOC as Warp Drives, warp spacetime to instantly send a ship across interstellar distances. Blink Drives have NO travel time, hence their name, as ships "blink" from one spot to another. However, while they do not have travel time, Blink Drives are also very energy intensive, so after "blinking" you will have to stop to recharge your energy storage. This, along with being the most "simple" method of FTL transit to construct, makes Blink Drives ideal for reconnaissance and battle, where quickly exiting and entering fields of battle serve a great advantage. Blinking INTO something, whether by accident or as an intentional kamikaze move is impossible: the laws of physics do not allow for the contradiction. It must be done into and out of empty space.

2. "Sliding": Slide Drives, also known as Hyperspace Drives, bend spacetime to fling a ship at FTL speeds. While faster than light, much faster, this drive is NOT an instant method of travel, like Blink Drives or Gates are. Slide Drives need time to get up to speed, and need time to slow down, making them less useful for things like military and reconnaissance. However, they are very energy efficient when compared to Blink Drives, which makes them ideal for civilian merchant and colonist shipping. Dodging or blocking obstacles in FTL and having to do the constant calculations to stay on course at superluminal velocities make Slide Drives somewhat more complex, but the energy costs saved make it very much worth the trouble. Like with "blinking," having a ship "slide" into something at FTL is an impossibility: attempting to intentionally impact anything will cause the ship to FIRST come out of FTL, and then smack into the target. The process of "sliding" can also only be done in empty space.

3. "Gates": Gates, also known as Bridges or Wormholes, serve as multidimensional doors to and from two different points in space. Traveling through these doors will send you to the respective opposing point instantly, regardless of distance. Gates come in a variety of shapes and sizes across the galaxy but they all have three things in common: firstly, they are INCREDIBLY rare, with only perhaps a half-dozen pairs of Gates being in the galaxy (and no, you will not find a way to produce or discover more of them). Secondly, they are natural objects but they require advanced infrastructure to stabilize and open them: losing control of or destroying one end of the Gate means, practically, losing control or destroying both ends until you can recapture and/or repair them. Thirdly and finally, travel through these Gates are instant and (for the ship using them) free of any cost, except perhaps those imposed by the operators and owners of the Gate infrastructure.

In general, ignoring the Gates which are instantaneous, using either Blink and Slide Drives will take you about the same amount of time to cross the galaxy: a standard Earth year, give or take a few weeks, although this can and likely will be ignored for Rule of Cool purposes.

Detection

Next, we will discuss how ships can be detected across the vast and inky void of space. The two methods of non-Gate FTL transit, that is, Blink and Slide Drives, both produce tachyon signatures for their intended destinations that can be picked up by any starfaring race (the in-universe reason being that understanding and reading tachyon transmission is crucial for FTL travel). However, the two FTL methods produce different tachyon readings:

-Blink Drives produce a very strong but omnipresent tachyon signal at their target destination, meaning that it is easy to detect that a ship with a Blink Drive is approaching but it is impossible to tell where it may be coming from until it arrives.

-Slide Drives produce a rather weak, but directional tachyon signal at their target destination, meaning that ships with Slide Drives are harder to detect, but if you do detect them, you can tell where they are coming from and plan accordingly.

The detection "distance" for tachyon signals is measured in time, not distance, and is twenty seconds at a minimum and two weeks at a maximum. The detection capabilities for bases, ships, planets, or drones can be improved with significant energy and infrastructure investments.

However, while you can detect a ship that is approaching, you cannot directly track a ship as it moves from one star system to another if your detector is not in either star system. Doing that requires scouts or detection outposts which relay the information at FTL speeds to you, in ways that will be described in the section below.

Communications

There are two primary methods of FTL communication in Alitheia: couriers, and quantum telegraphy. The former are rather self-explanatory: fast ships or drones usually equipped with the minimum to travel and deliver what they need to, and then move back. This method is somewhat more secure and much less expensive, but also is understandably slow compared to near-instantaneous quantum telegraphy and is prone to interference that quantum telegraphy is not prone to, such as electronic jamming or the physical capture or destruction of the courier.

Quantum Telegraphy, or QT for short, is a method for theoretically fully instantaneous communication, which uses an intentionally bad reading and misunderstanding of quantum entanglement. Two atoms have their spins entangled through a very complicated, delicate, and energy-intensive artificial process, which means that changing the spin of one atom will change the spin of the other, no matter where in the galaxy or even the universe the atom happens to be. This allows for the atom pair to send messages using the different spin directions as a sort of Morse code or binary. While this is undisputed as the "best" method of communication that will work anywhere under any conditions, the process of creating QT receivers and transmitters is extremely expensive and difficult to accomplish, even for the most skilled and intelligent of species. Because of this, relay stations are often used to make communicating over QT more efficient, such as those making up the civilian QTnet of the Many Worlds Consortium. These relay stations may serve as a vulnerability, both to destruction and espionage; QTnet relays are infamous for having entire ecosystems of spies and counterspies waging a silent, hidden information war on the ostensibly peaceful quantum internet network.

Technology

Oh boy, this is the big one. If you read anything at all in this spoiler, please read this.

So, I tried to cover most of my bases with technology here already. But the world of science and technology is big, as are peoples' imaginations, and I honestly have better things to do with my life than trying to imagine every conceivable sci-fi technology and making a ruling on it or explaining exactly how it should work. I'm intentionally leaving out psionics (which I am counting as a technology, I know, leave me alone) and shields because I've already decided I don't really care how the latter should work aside from "it will cost energy and not be invincible", and the former is still undecided and, if it is allowed at all, will probably be settled on an application-by-application basis.

That being said, I am going to establish guidelines by which you should be thinking about technology, which I will be laying out below. PLEASE READ THESE. It will make both of our lives easier. Thank you in advance.

Everything Has A Price: Regardless of what you come up with, technology will cost you something. I already determined general costs and benefits for things like different FTL systems and for tachyon detection, and similar principles apply here. The more impressive any bit of technology is, the more expensive it will be, the rarer or more fragile it will be, the more complicated it will be, and the more resource and energy intensive it will be. And no, you can't have a more efficient version: that may be how technology kind of happens in the real world, but here I am worried about story balance, and you suddenly deciding that your civilization somehow made Dyson Spheres as cheap as a new car is not balanced.

Technology is Magic, But It Is Not God: In that same vein, I'd like to point out that while of course you are able to take pretty much as many liberties with science and technology as you want, those liberties can NOT allow you to have an unfair or overwhelming advantage over other players that you did not earn in the course of reasonable IC conflict or change. This is mostly directed at those planning on using things like psionics and advanced artificial general intelligence, which can be fun to use but also have a tendency to explode into god-mode when put in the wrong hands (or more accurately, the wrong heads). Everything will have a cost, a weakness, a counterbalance, a mitigating factor, and if it does not you will simply not be able to use it.

Consistency Is Key: If you introduce a unique or new technology, you can use it in pretty much any way you want so long as it is NOT game-breaking or outside of our few already established rules about FTL and whatnot. That being said, you must use your technology in a consistent and reasonable manner. Other players need to be able to understand what you're about, and if you keep changing the rules of how your species' psionics work, for example, it makes it a very frustrating experience to try and interact with you and may even lead to intractable OOC arguments about the outcome of fights or espionage. If you're having trouble codifying rules for your technology, I would be more than happy to help you with it.

I believe that is all there is to say on the technology front. Thank you for reading this, and please refer to this or keep these things in mind as you're discussing, acting, and creating within the RP.

CODE FOR NATION APPLICATIONS
Code: Select all
[box][i][color=#0000FF][u][align=center][size=150]>>Insert nation name here<<'s Nation Application[/size][/align][/u][/color][/i]

[b]Nation Name:[/b] >>What your nation, horde, fleet, hive-mind, artificial general intelligence, empire, confederation, or whatever is called, either by itself or by others.<<

[b]Population Size:[/b] >>If applicable. For humanoid empires, this number will be anywhere from 20 billion to 10 trillion.<<

[b]Dominant Species:[/b] >>If applicable. Describe the leading, or majority, or founding species of your polity here.<<
[b]Demographics:[/b] >>If applicable, briefly describe and list other species that you have residing within your domain, and the species makeup of your polity.<<

[b]Territory:[/b] >>If applicable. List the coordinates of each of the territorial sectors you plan on controlling in the galactic map below. Keep in mind that the more sectors your polity controls, the less able you will be to claim or build megastructures.<<

[b]Megastructures:[/b] >>If applicable. List any Death Stars, Ecumenopoli, Dyson Spheres, Penrose Generators, Matryoshka Brains, Ringworlds, (most importantly) Gates, or any other feats of megaengineering that your empire has built, is in the process of building, or otherwise has total control of. Keep in mind that the more of these you have, the smaller territory you will be afforded.<<

[b]Government and Ideology:[/b] >>If applicable. Please briefly describe your polity's government and any dominating or important political ideologies that may be encountered.<<
[b]Leader Name and Title:[/b] >>If applicable. Self-explanatory. Help us be polite.<<

[b]Extraterritoriality:[/b] >> Describe your polity's relationship with extraterritoriality here. Your options include:
-ALLOWED, FULL: Your polity permits any and all corporations, nomadic fleets, refugees, and so on, only regulating access to those official representatives of other territorial polities.
-ALLOWED, LIMITED: Your polity permits a reasonably small number of multinational corporations or specially allowed nomadic tribes to travel through your borders unmolested.
-PROHIBITED: No organization that operates in other galactic borders is permitted to operate within your own. Representatives of such organizations, if they are allowed into your nation at all, are only accepted on a case-by-case basis and are subject to severe restriction and scrutiny.
-CONTROLLED ACCESS, MANY/FEW: Any number of extraterritorial organizations can exist within your domain, but they are subject to constant surveillance and restriction, and may be kicked out of your polity for any reason.
-IS EXTRATERRITORIAL: Either exists without possessing galactic borders in its own right, or has significant extraterritorial operations operating from a territorial base. Megacorps and nomads will likely want to pick this.<<

[b]Religion:[/b] >>If applicable. Describe the religious makeup of your polity, as well as any significant or interesting religions you may have within your borders.<<

[b]Military:[/b] >>Give rough military numbers and capabilities for both star fleets and ground forces here. You should also give a general sense of how militaristic, or not, your polity is.<<

[b]Special Technologies:[/b] >>Any unique or powerful technologies that your polity either relies upon, has exclusive access to, or otherwise intends to make extensive use of. LIST ANYTHING AT ALL THAT YOU THINK MIGHT TRIGGER ANY KIND OF PROBLEM. IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL, OP TECHNOLOGY AND IT IS NOT LISTED HERE, I WILL BE VERY UNLIKELY TO RULE IN YOUR FAVOR REGARDING IT. PSIONICS, SINGULARITIES, NANOBOTS, AND MOST MEGASTRUCTURE TECHNOLOGIES GO HERE. Consider this your warning.<<

[i][b]Do you hereby promise that you have read and agree with the rules, or are willing to pretend like you have read and agree with the rules, and are willing to listen to and accept the judgments of Arktic and his deputies as the final word regarding combat, technology, and game fairness and fun?:[/b][/i] >>Answer in the affirmative if you want to RP. Answer "no" if you want to be a jackass, before editing it and answering "yes" to join.<<[/box]

Delete everything quoted with >>.<< and fill out the form to apply.

CODE FOR CHARACTER APPLICATIONS
Code: Select all
[box][i][u][align=center][color=#FF8000][size=150]>>Insert character name here<<'s Character Application[/size][/color][/align][/u][/i]

[b]Character Name:[/b] >>If applicable. Include any (non-spoiler) aliases, or titles.<<
[b]Appearance:[/b] >>A brief description or depiction of what your character looks like. Picture preferred, but not necessary.<<

[b]Species:[/b] >>What kind of life form is your character?<<
[b]Age:[/b] >>Give any necessary "biological age" vs "chronological age" vs "intellectual age" caveats.<<
[b]Biological Sex, Gender, & Sexual Orientation:[/b] >>If applicable and comfortable answering.<<
[b]Homeworld:[/b] >>If applicable.<<

[b]Allegiance & Affiliation:[/b] >>Who does your character work for? To whom do they owe loyalty, or with whom do they share spoils and trials?<<
[b]Occupation:[/b] >>What does your character do?<<
[b]Rank:[/b] >>If applicable.<<

[b]Personality:[/b] >>Give us a look into what your character might be like as a person.<<
[b]Biography:[/b] >>A brief history of who your character is, how they became who they are, and why we should care.<<

[b]Skills:[/b] >>What is your character good at?<<
[b]Liabilities:[/b] >>What is a weakness of your character?<<
[b]Special Characteristics:[/b] >>If applicable. List any cybernetics, psionics, or other special traits or "powers" your character has above the normal, base species that they are. FAILURE TO MENTION SOMETHING OOC, HERE, WILL NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.<<[/box]

Delete everything quoted with >>.<< and fill out the form to apply.

Current Claimed Territory:
Parcia: Olympia Heavy Industries. Bright Red, F9, G9, E10, F10, G10, E11, F11, J12.
Kasa Tkoth Sphere: Symphony in C. Middle Sky Blue, AF12.
Ortama: The First Sphere. Bright Green, U20.
Free Asian Ports: Promethean Networked Republic. Bright Yellow, N13.
Utceforp: The Rectification. Grey, Q24, Q25, Q26, R24, R25, R26, S26.
Sarderia: State of Svarden. White, J18, J19, J20, J21, K18, K19, K20, K21, K22, L18, L19, L20, L21, I14.
Nornsmark: The Republic of Gaalseiia. Pink, O22.

-Edit 1: Removed formatting error, added Moderation Edit List. (Arktic, 22 June 2020 12:54 PM EDT)
-Edit 2: Added "FTL, Detection, Communication, and Technology In General" information tab, filled out Rules 1 and 2 of "Rules, Regulations, and Realtalk" and the entirety of "FTL, Detection, Communication, and Technology In General," minor text edit to welcoming statement. (Arktic, 24 June 2020 ~12:05 AM EDT)
-Edit 3: Finished "Rules, Regulations, and Realtalk" by adding Rules 3 and 4, fixed Edit 2 of the Moderation Edit List to better reflect what had actually happened before I accidentally submitted the edit, renamed "Moderation Edit List" to "OP Edit Log". (Arktic, 24 June 2020 12:52 EDT)
-Edit 4: Finally, mercifully, added player character and nation apps. (Arktic, 29 June 2020 8:38 PM EDT)
-Edit 5: Added Parcia's map claims, edited the intro. (Arktic, 29 June 2020 10:41 AM EDT)
-Edit 6: Added Kasa Tkoth Sphere's map claims. (Arktic, 29 June 2020, 4:03 PM EDT)
-Edit 7: Corrected data for Edit 6, added map claims for Ortama, Free Asian Ports, Utceforp, Sarderia, and Nornsmark. Changed map claims for Kasa Tkoth Sphere. (Arktic, 1 August 2020, 3:00 PM EDT)
-Edit 8: Added link to the IC thread. (Arktic, 1 August 2020, 3:33 PM EDT)
Last edited by Arktic on Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Tag for keeping track of this.

Would like to reserve the fallowing sectors:

F-9, G-9, E-10, F-10, G-10, E-11, F-11, and lastly J-12.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

The Venkman
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Venkman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 pm

Postmarking this for interest.
My students' call me Mr. Venkman >:)

Friends call me Venkman or Venk

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:00 pm

hm
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Arktic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Danceria wrote:hm

C’mon, you know you wanna join.

The Venkman wrote:Postmarking this for interest.

Great! Apps will be up tomorrow.
Last edited by Arktic on Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arktic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Parcia wrote:Tag for keeping track of this.

Would like to reserve the fallowing sectors:

F-9, G-9, E-10, F-10, G-10, E-11, F-11, and lastly J-12.

Gotcha. Bonus cookie points for DMing me a map.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 pm

Taggity tag tag tag tagging for interest! It seems we are going to roleplay a spiral galaxy, which might complicate matters a bit, since any warp/FTL routes are expected to follow those with the most concentration of space bodies (stars, nebulaes, planets, etc.)

But regardless, I am thinking of a Naboo-like republic oriented in industry and trade, somewhere along the galaxy's middle regions.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Arktic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:47 pm

Sarderia wrote:Taggity tag tag tag tagging for interest! It seems we are going to roleplay a spiral galaxy, which might complicate matters a bit, since any warp/FTL routes are expected to follow those with the most concentration of space bodies (stars, nebulaes, planets, etc.)

But regardless, I am thinking of a Naboo-like republic oriented in industry and trade, somewhere along the galaxy's middle regions.

Sounds great! I’m sure there are plenty of inter-arm routes, but those might be your strategic chokepoints or something like that. Apps will be up soon!

Astarten
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Astarten » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:42 am

Dakkity dakk tag 8)

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:50 am

Guess ill have to try my hand at this - even reactivated my old OG nation, boy is it dusty, anyone got a vacuum
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Astarten
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Astarten » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:07 am

The Tophat Empire wrote:Guess ill have to try my hand at this - even reactivated my old OG nation, boy is it dusty, anyone got a vacuum

:p

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:21 pm

I'm here.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Are we all roughly on the same tech level or can I start out more primitive than others?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Free Asian Ports
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Asian Ports » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:58 pm

En le tag

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm

I like this, can it still be joined?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 pm

tag
Signatures are so 2014.

Arktic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Nation and player apps are up! I'll be sending out TGs to everyone who had a tag, so apologies if you see this message and see that one too.

Arktic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:06 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:Guess ill have to try my hand at this - even reactivated my old OG nation, boy is it dusty, anyone got a vacuum

Welcome back! Hope you enjoy.

The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm here.

okay.

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:I like this, can it still be joined?

As the TG I just sent you might have clued you in, of course! Welcome, and bring your friends! :p

Arktic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Danceria wrote:Are we all roughly on the same tech level or can I start out more primitive than others?

Tech levels can be varied. I won't stop you from starting out significantly more primitive, although it might not be a good thing gameplay-wise, for you. Like, you're probably going to want to have FTL at least, haha.

Mind discussing here or TGing me what you had in mind?

Astarten
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Astarten » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:35 pm

Arktic wrote:Nation and player apps are up! I'll be sending out TGs to everyone who had a tag, so apologies if you see this message and see that one too.

BOOM! starting an app now 8)

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:36 pm

I will start an app soon. Thanks for the TG.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Olympia Heavy Industry's Nation Application

Nation Name: Olympia Heavy Industries.

Population Size: 128 million Employees.

Dominant Species: Humanity.
Demographics: Primarily Human, with a few near human species.

Territory: Sectors F-9, G-9, E-10, F-10, G-10, E-11, F-11, and lastly J-12.

Megastructures:
1. Olympia Central/Yoshida Fleet Works - less a single massive construction and instead several large scale ship building and breaking yards located in the central core territory of the Company.
2. Ares Gate Pair - The single largest asset owned by the Company, the Ares Gate Pair is the only known pair of FTL gates owned by a private company, the Gates are pair of heavily fortified and secured FTL gates owned and operated by OHI and is one of the few assets owned by the Mother company proper, rather then one of it's many subsidiaries.

Government and Ideology: Corporate Autocracy
Leader Name and Title: Elizabeth Farebrooks Windgates Achermen, Head of the Acherman Family and CEO of Olympia Heavy Industries.

Extraterritoriality:
-IS EXTRATERRITORIAL: Despite having a core of sectors that is properly its own territory, a large portion of the Company's assets are seated in several Branch offices in other national territories.

Religion: None officially, how ever The Company allows a largely peaceful sect of Christians along side a smaller minority of Buddhists.

Military: 1.4 million armed security personal, Spread across OHI's own Security department, USEC/United Security, and Yoshita Fleet works Security forces. Spanning a fleet of roughly 500 warships, most in the from of Localized Patrol vessels and a few large task groups consisting of a small core of Capital weight ships.

(im using mostly UNSC warships for visual references, so bear with my unoriginality.)

Special Technologies: Mass Fabrication and Copyright. Using a combination of Nanoforging, Molecular manipulation, and tried and tested Production line techniques allows OHI to set up and control one of the largest concentrate mass production bases in the Galaxy. The Key to this is a system of Standardized Construction Templates allowing for a unified system of Items production across all of OHI's foundries.

Do you hereby promise that you have read and agree with the rules, or are willing to pretend like you have read and agree with the rules, and are willing to listen to and accept the judgments of Arktic and his deputies as the final word regarding combat, technology, and game fairness and fun?: >>Answer in the affirmative if you want to RP. Answer "no" if you want to be a jackass, before editing it and answering "yes" to join.<<Fuck no nibba I do shit my own way. Yes.
Last edited by Parcia on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Free Asian Ports
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Asian Ports » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 pm

PNR's Nation Application

Nation Name: Promethean Networked Republic

Population Size: 245 Billion unique individuals, 188 Million physical bodies

Dominant Species: Human
Demographics: Most individuals are

Territory: Sector N13, Olympus System and surrounding Shield Systems

Megastructures: Atlas-class Craftworld, an enormous mobile fortress which serves as the center of a nomad fleet and is capable of establishing colonies, mounting offensive military campaigns across several star systems, and manufacturing whole war fleets. It is the most common residence for digital minds.

Government and Ideology: Direct Democracy, Armed Neutrality, Galactic Harmony by Any Means
Leader Name and Title: Supreme Executive Council

Extraterritoriality: Is Extraterritorial

Religion: Human Ascension Theory

Military: Roughly 63 Million personnel, 200,000 warships. Preferred actions are intervention, surgical strike, and insurgent operations. Failure of these tactics, or an alternative desired effect, may justify orbital bombardment, xenocide, and total annihilation.

Special Technologies: Rapid cloning, gravity plating, seamless digital existence

Do you hereby promise that you have read and agree with the rules, or are willing to pretend like you have read and agree with the rules, and are willing to listen to and accept the judgments of Arktic and his deputies as the final word regarding combat, technology, and game fairness and fun?: Yes

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Symphony in C's Nation Application

Nation Name: the Symphony in C of Ciloya Toepa's Task Elements

Population Size: One person's mind instantiated in approximately ninety-five thousand bodies, plus their slaved machinery if applicable.

Dominant Species: Ciloya Toepa was, until she uploaded, hacked into an old factory, and started mind-cloning herself into various fancy new bodies, a standard human. The Symphony's current forms are incredibly diverse and no fair assessment can be made of their distribution.

Demographics: If you insist. Most of the Symphony's bodies take the form of starships and heavy machinery, though some prefer to load themselves directly as emulated minds and remote-control these sorts of devices instead. A variety of nanotech-enhanced biological forms fill out the pack, ranging from human-adjacent to utterly alien, though these inevitably have unusual features, mannerisms, or shapes that give away that they were purpose-built.

Territory: The Symphony's current main base of operations, a location sardonically referred to as "Home For Now", orbits a planetless M-class star in sector AB22; given that there are probably millions of stars in that sector, it's really not something that could be considered a foothold there at all, and should not be considered territory. The Symphony is also in command of smaller ships, factories, and minor locations here and there around the galaxy, none of which amount to much in the way of assets.

Megastructures: Home For Now consists of a sprawling but abandoned-seeming megastructure complex near its parent star, which contains a Quantum Telegraph station (useful for coordinating the bodies!), a central supercomputer and factory complex, and a small-scale starlifting operation that dredges up a few billion tons of hydrogen annually.

Government and Ideology: The Symphony's form of government is essentially a single person's form of "self-government" within their own mind: Ciloya's different mind-clones talk to themselves or each other, come up with their next course of action, and then meander around until they get to it. One mind-clone can't really disagree too vehemently with another, because that one would have made roughly the same decision under the circumstances; if there is disagreement, it's a sign of self-conflict rather than some sort of politics going on.

Ciloya's strongest opinion is that she thinks everyone should do the whole Symphony thing, because minds are fragile and having backups is a good idea. She's terrified of her (permanent) death, seeing any death as a tragedy, and keeps asking why people are okay with sickness, aging, and such being considered normal. In secret, she desires a way out of the endless toil and effort that goes into life; "find or make a heaven" could be considered the Symphony's rallying cry.

Leader Name and Title: Ciloya Toepa has no other names or titles. She may give out a body's specific identification number if asked, but she does not expect anyone to remember them.

Extraterritoriality: The Symphony is extraterritorial save for the current central base of operations, which is militarized and under a policy of controlled access.

Religion: Ciloya (and so the Symphony) doesn't particularly believe anything, except as a means of testing ideological strength.

Military: The Symphony is fairly committed to not killing people, and maintains only a token force of around fifty small to mid-sized slide-drive starships (all of whom are proper members of the Symphony) built for long-term expeditionary duty; these sacrifice close-up combat power and armor in exchange for endurance and cargo capacity, though they do mount modestly powerful railgun and missile weapons in the event that they are forced to defend a location with violent force.

None of the Symphony's bodies are intended for proper modern ground combat; those meant to go to other planets tend to have a variety of concealed stun weapons, ornamental melee weapons, and personal shields for defense. Bodies of starships or infrastructure, however, are more than capable of employing lethal measures against intruders, largely focused around venting gases and heat in unfortunate ways towards unsuspecting boarders.

Special Technologies: Here we go.
  • Most of the Symphony's bodies are nanotech-augmented, mostly by having various atomic metamaterials embedded inside them for survivability and microsensors implanted to aid with sensory information, but some by having internal nanobot patrols for internal damage, disease, and such. These bots are highly specialized, cannot survive outside their body, and can't really do much besides fight viruses and repair tissues.
  • Home For Now's factory infrastructure includes advanced fusion processes that allow the efficient conversion of starlifted hydrogen to heavier elements (albeit with a dramatic energy cost past iron, for physical reasons). These materials are practically all used to build or repair the Symphony's bodies, though having a supply of a few million tons of gold or uranium on hand does make trade somewhat easier.
  • Obviously, the existence of the Symphony required the use of mind uploading and duplication, though at this point the technology available is so specialized that Ciloya will be hesitant to offer it to anyone else, as it likely would not even work on someone else's mind.
  • Ciloya has hardened herself against infohazards/basilisks/viral memes; polities that use social tech ("metatech") may find it difficult to influence her substantially.

Do you hereby promise that you have read and agree with the rules, or are willing to pretend like you have read and agree with the rules, and are willing to listen to and accept the judgments of Arktic and his deputies as the final word regarding combat, technology, and game fairness and fun?: Yes.

Ciloya Toepa's Character Application

Character Name: Ciloya Toepa, bodies C-1 through C-95XXX (variable)
Appearance: No fixed appearance; every body is unique.

Species: Notionally human in origin, Ciloya uploaded to a supercomputer and printed out spare bodies of various mechanical and biological natures.
Age: Original body was born 198 years ago; total subjective time is somewhere in the megayears thanks to having tens of thousands of simultaneous streams of experience.
Biological Sex, Gender, & Sexual Orientation: Biological sex highly variable. Identifies as female and uses she/her pronouns.
Homeworld: TBD. Let me know if you'd be cool having her from your world, anyone!

Allegiance & Affiliation: Self. She considers herself an autonomous nation, and she's not wrong.
Occupation: Producing new bodies, exploring the galaxy, getting in intellectual arguments.

Personality: TBD. It tends to come out differently in different contexts.
Biography: Ciloya grew up on a world where massive innovations in technology did not change peoples' opinions on the inevitability or (gasp!) importance of death, and from a young age was shunned for being overeager about immortality. It took a chance encounter with a space traveler to get her to leave home, vanish into galactic history, and then reappear in recent years as a decentralized computer intelligence with bodies spanning the galaxy. Bit of a makeover.

Skills: Thanks to a constant stream of information intake from thousands of sources, Ciloya has the experience of a nigh-omnipresent immortal on her hands, though she tends to enjoy hiding this and feigning ignorance sometimes. She is crafty, physically intelligent, and exceptionally creative when it comes to it.
Liabilities: Ciloya thinks she can speak for other people and does not understand views opposing her own very much; she has a crippling fear of her own mortality and will abandon friends and loyalties in service of her own survival.
Special Characteristics: Ciloya is multiply instantiated across numerous bodies that cross-reference each others' minds to ensure they're all roughly aligned; she is nearly immune to social tech / memetics; she has a supercomputer's worth of processing power on her hands.
Last edited by Kasa Tkoth Sphere on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You are not the person they think is hiding inside you. You're the person who can see yourself clearly."

Holder of Dreams and the K-Sphere are tirelessly working to put your preferences first and mortality last. Planetary upload procedures available on request!

Arktic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:42 pm

Parcia wrote:
Olympia Heavy Industry's Nation Application

Nation Name: Olympia Heavy Industries.

Population Size: 28 million Employees.

Dominant Species: Humanity.
Demographics: Primarily Human, with a few near human species.

Territory: Sectors F-9, G-9, E-10, F-10, G-10, E-11, F-11, and lastly J-12.

Megastructures:
1. Olympia Central/Yoshida Fleet Works - less a single massive construction and instead several large scale ship building and breaking yards located in the central core territory of the Company.
2. Ares Gate Pair - The single largest asset owned by the Company, the Ares Gate Pair is the only known pair of FTL gates owned by a private company, the Gates are pair of heavily fortified and secured FTL gates owned and operated by OHI and is one of the few assets owned by the Mother company proper, rather then one of it's many subsidiaries.

Government and Ideology: Corporate Autocracy
Leader Name and Title: Elizabeth Farebrooks Windgates Achermen, Head of the Acherman Family and CEO of Olympia Heavy Industries.

Extraterritoriality:
-IS EXTRATERRITORIAL: Despite having a core of sectors that is properly its own territory, a large portion of the Company's assets are seated in several Branch offices in other national territories.

Religion: None officially, how ever The Company allows a largely peaceful sect of Christians along side a smaller minority of Buddhists.

Military: 1.4 million armed security personal, Spread across OHI's own Security department, USEC/United Security, and Yoshita Fleet works Security forces.

Special Technologies: Mass Fabrication and Copyright. Using a combination of Nanoforging, Molecular manipulation, and tried and tested Production line techniques allows OHI to set up and control one of the largest concentrate mass production bases in the Galaxy. The Key to this is a system of Standardized Construction Templates allowing for a unified system of Items production across all of OHI's foundries.

Do you hereby promise that you have read and agree with the rules, or are willing to pretend like you have read and agree with the rules, and are willing to listen to and accept the judgments of Arktic and his deputies as the final word regarding combat, technology, and game fairness and fun?: >>Answer in the affirmative if you want to RP. Answer "no" if you want to be a jackass, before editing it and answering "yes" to join.<<Fuck no nibba I do shit my own way. Yes.

Accepted. Welcome, Vice-Admiral.
Last edited by Arktic on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse