NATION

PASSWORD

The Golden Age(IC)(OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:06 am

Minskiev wrote:All of what? I’m trying to catch up.

So we got into a fight with two frenchies, took out one, our backup ship is currently chasing the other and we are trying to catch up. The Captain of Marines was KIA

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:15 am

Bolslania wrote:
Minskiev wrote:All of what? I’m trying to catch up.

So we got into a fight with two frenchies, took out one, our backup ship is currently chasing the other and we are trying to catch up. The Captain of Marines was KIA

RIP Milos
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:58 pm

And now back to IC:

Christian handed supervising the crew to the Boatswain(bosun), and began supervising the gun crews who were cleaning the cannons, some of the men were carrying buckets of water to wash out the blood and pieces of wounded sailors. The carpenter, caulker, and their crews were busying about repairing the ship, pumps were being worked, the sails were being let down, and all was working smoothly.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:33 am

Bolslania wrote:And now back to IC:

Christian handed supervising the crew to the Boatswain(bosun), and began supervising the gun crews who were cleaning the cannons, some of the men were carrying buckets of water to wash out the blood and pieces of wounded sailors. The carpenter, caulker, and their crews were busying about repairing the ship, pumps were being worked, the sails were being let down, and all was working smoothly.

pieces of sailors. lol (ooc)
"We're a few thousands metres out" said Captain Carlton "We need to get close"

OOC:what's the range of a ship's cannon?
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Stalins backhair
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalins backhair » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:39 am

James helped his gun crew clean out the cannon. The hatches had been opened to air out the smell of gunpowder and blood. After the gun was cleaned, he was grabbed up to help clean the deck.

OOC: About 400 meters, but we're like several miles behind the Minotaur and the French ship.
Yeah, as you can tell by the name, I don't take this game very seriously.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:45 am

Stalins backhair wrote:James helped his gun crew clean out the cannon. The hatches had been opened to air out the smell of gunpowder and blood. After the gun was cleaned, he was grabbed up to help clean the deck.

OOC: About 400 meters, but we're like several miles behind the Minotaur and the French ship.

"we are roughly 4,800 metres from the Minotaur" said Carlton

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:50 am

John cleaned out his gun and helped the topmen with the canvas. He had never really minded heights, but he wasn't agile enough to go up much past the big sails, closer to the deck. The Boatswain had started up "Boney" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENSi6QXhLTE) to keep the tempo for the topmen and sailors helping them.

OOC: If I'm allowed to have the Boatswain do that.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:11 am

Hospitiliars wrote:John cleaned out his gun and helped the topmen with the canvas. He had never really minded heights, but he wasn't agile enough to go up much past the big sails, closer to the deck. The Boatswain had started up "Boney" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENSi6QXhLTE) to keep the tempo for the topmen and sailors helping them.

OOC: No, I don't think you can. Also 'Boney' didn't exist in 1813. nor did the banjo. that song does not deserve to exist.

"Lower the sails more!" Shouted Carlton " We are 5000 metres behind!"

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:57 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Hospitiliars wrote:John cleaned out his gun and helped the topmen with the canvas. He had never really minded heights, but he wasn't agile enough to go up much past the big sails, closer to the deck. The Boatswain had started up "Boney" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENSi6QXhLTE) to keep the tempo for the topmen and sailors helping them.

OOC: No, I don't think you can. Also 'Boney' didn't exist in 1813. nor did the banjo. that song does not deserve to exist.

OOC: It's fine by me, but Mathuvan is correct.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:15 am

Bolslania wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:OOC: No, I don't think you can. Also 'Boney' didn't exist in 1813. nor did the banjo. that song does not deserve to exist.

OOC: we have a tempo to keep up? If we were I'd be spamming stone cold crazy by queen 161 years early
"Lads, come on! Lower them more!" Carlton shouted

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:52 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

OOC: we have a tempo to keep up? If we were I'd be spamming stone cold crazy by queen 161 years early

OOC: Shanties were used to keep tempos for the hauling and the like. So the guys hauling around the sails would fall in this category.

IC:
The topmen release the clue lines, and the sails release to their full spread. They are secured and catching the wind.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:54 am

Bolslania wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:OOC: we have a tempo to keep up? If we were I'd be spamming stone cold crazy by queen 161 years early

OOC: Shanties were used to keep tempos for the hauling and the like. So the guys hauling around the sails would fall in this category.

IC:
The topmen release the clue lines, and the sails release to their full spread. They are secured and catching the wind.

OOC: Can I sing 15 men on a dead man's chest?

IC: "Aye, there it is!" shoute Carlton

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:01 pm

OOC: No, it was written in 1883, also, the captain wouldn't sing or interact with the crew all that much

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:32 am

Bolslania wrote:OOC: No, it was written in 1883, also, the captain wouldn't sing or interact with the crew all that much

OOC: well that’s blasted annoying. I wish we could just go to the rock and roll era

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:37 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Bolslania wrote:OOC: No, it was written in 1883, also, the captain wouldn't sing or interact with the crew all that much

OOC: well that’s blasted annoying. I wish we could just go to the rock and roll era

OOC: what will we do with the drunken sailor!

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 am

Somerania wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:OOC: well that’s blasted annoying. I wish we could just go to the rock and roll era

OOC: what will we do with the drunken sailor!

Captain Carlton saw the drunken sailor “clap him up in irons and put him below!” Said Carlton

OOC: or smash a bottle on his head

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:52 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Somerania wrote:OOC: what will we do with the drunken sailor!

Captain Carlton saw the drunken sailor “clap him up in irons and put him below!” Said Carlton

OOC: you don't know the "what will we do with the drunken sailor" song?

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 am

Somerania wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:Captain Carlton saw the drunken sailor “clap him up in irons and put him below!” Said Carlton

OOC: you don't know the "what will we do with the drunken sailor" song?

OOC: there was a drunken sailor. it was released in 2005. this is the early 1800s

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:36 pm

OOC: POST GODDAMNIT

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:59 pm

William washes himself up cleaning away his bloodied hands then heads up to the crow's nest, he estimates that the HMS Sprite is 4800 metres away from HMS Minotaur, he decides to go down and watch the waves in the sea getting some well deserved peace after the battle.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 am

Somerania wrote:William washes himself up cleaning away his bloodied hands then heads up to the crow's nest, he estimates that the HMS Sprite is 4800 metres away from HMS Minotaur, he decides to go down and watch the waves in the sea getting some well deserved peace after the battle.

OOC: a marine can’t just go
Up to the crows nest unless directly ordered to do so.
Also, we may be 4 kilometres away from battle, but we’re still near battle

“William!” Shouted the captain “What the hell are you doing! Get with the marines! NOW!”

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:40 am

Christian leaned against the railing, the cannons had been cleaned and readied, and the captain was screaming at a marine. It would be several hours before they got to combat, so it was time for the crew to relax a bit and get ready.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 am

Bolslania wrote:Christian leaned against the railing, the cannons had been cleaned and readied, and the captain was screaming at a marine. It would be several hours before they got to combat, so it was time for the crew to relax a bit and get ready.

“Christ” said Carlton “Someone get up in the crows nest, there might Ben more French ships”

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:30 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Somerania wrote:William washes himself up cleaning away his bloodied hands then heads up to the crow's nest, he estimates that the HMS Sprite is 4800 metres away from HMS Minotaur, he decides to go down and watch the waves in the sea getting some well deserved peace after the battle.

OOC: a marine can’t just go

“William!” Shouted the captain “What the hell are you doing! Get with the marines! NOW!”

OOC: didn't know that, a marine should know the rules so if possible I would like to retcon that.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:36 am

Somerania wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:OOC: a marine can’t just go

OOC: didn't know that, a marine should know the rules so if possible I would like to retcon that.

OOC: what’s retcon? Sorry my brain is off today. Don’t mind it, just make sure next time don’t go up there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse