NATION

PASSWORD

The Golden Age(IC)(OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Inishavon
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Inishavon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Michael Healy watched the French vessel continue to sail further and further from view. He could hear the dispute between Carlton and Christian over whether to continue pursuit; though he would never dare to say so publicly, he thought the captain was a fool for insisting on keeping up the chase when the enemy ship was sure to evade them. Instead of jeopardising his reputation by speaking out of turn, Michael awaited orders along with his fellow ordinary seamen.
he/him

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Inishavon wrote:Michael Healy watched the French vessel continue to sail further and further from view. He could hear the dispute between Carlton and Christian over whether to continue pursuit; though he would never dare to say so publicly, he thought the captain was a fool for insisting on keeping up the chase when the enemy ship was sure to evade them. Instead of jeopardising his reputation by speaking out of turn, Michael awaited orders along with his fellow ordinary seamen.

OOC: it’s not a feud or a debate, there is a strict heirarchy that all must foolow
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Inishavon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Inishavon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Inishavon wrote:Michael Healy watched the French vessel continue to sail further and further from view. He could hear the dispute between Carlton and Christian over whether to continue pursuit; though he would never dare to say so publicly, he thought the captain was a fool for insisting on keeping up the chase when the enemy ship was sure to evade them. Instead of jeopardising his reputation by speaking out of turn, Michael awaited orders along with his fellow ordinary seamen.

OOC: it’s not a feud or a debate, there is a strict heirarchy that all must foolow

OOC: I know that your orders are final, but there had been a brief disagreement between your character and Christian which I was referring to, and my character's private thoughts are not the same as how he publicly acts when given orders.
he/him

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Inishavon wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:OOC: it’s not a feud or a debate, there is a strict heirarchy that all must foolow

OOC: I know that your orders are final, but there had been a brief disagreement between your character and Christian which I was referring to, and my character's private thoughts are not the same as how he publicly acts when given orders.

OOC: anyways. He will be reprimanded if those feelings become public

Carlton saw the ship sailing away “turn around” he told the coxswain “alright lads! We need this ship in tip-top shape but tomorrow!”
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Inishavon wrote:OOC: I know that your orders are final, but there had been a brief disagreement between your character and Christian which I was referring to, and my character's private thoughts are not the same as how he publicly acts when given orders.

Carlton saw the ship sailing away “turn around” he told the coxswain “alright lads! We need this ship in tip-top shape but tomorrow!”

The Coxswain pulled the ship hard over, the Minotaur following suit. Christian sighed in relief. They might live to see another day. The guns were cleaned and roped down, and he left the Boatswain to his work of managing the crew.

He walked belowdecks,

"Hey cook, whats for grub?"

Inishavon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Inishavon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Inishavon wrote:OOC: I know that your orders are final, but there had been a brief disagreement between your character and Christian which I was referring to, and my character's private thoughts are not the same as how he publicly acts when given orders.

"Aye aye, captain!" came the reply from Michael and his comrades, but internally Michael groaned; he knew what the captain's order entailed for him. The seamen scuttled below deck, soon returned with brushes and pails of soapy water, and began to swab the deck.

Michael crawled on his hands and knees as he scrubbed his section of the floorboards with a coarse sponge, occasionally dipping it in a bucket of lukewarm, murky liquid. He knew that if he or any of his mates faltered even slightly in their task, if an inch of the ship's surface was missed, they would have hell to pay. He wondered if there would ever be an appropriate moment for him to grumble with a fellow seaman about the gruelling nature of their chore, away from the watchful eye of the captain.
Last edited by Inishavon on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Inishavon wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:OOC: anyways. He will be reprimanded if those feelings become public

"Aye aye, captain!" came the reply from Michael and his comrades, but internally Michael groaned; he knew what the captain's order entailed for him. The seamen scuttled below deck, soon returned with brushes and pails of soapy water, and began to swab the deck.

Michael crawled on his hands and knees as he scrubbed his section of the floorboards with a coarse sponge, occasionally dipping it in a bucket of lukewarm, murky liquid. He knew that if he or any of his mates faltered even slightly in their task, if an inch of the ship's surface was missed, they would have hell to pay. He wondered if there would ever be an appropriate moment for him to grumble with a fellow seaman about the gruelling nature of their chore, away from the watchful eye of the captain.

OOC: if your character is having issues with the navy, why did he sign up?

“Lads, pick it u tomorrow! We’ve got better things to do for now!” Said csrlton

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Jake went to the cook along with the lead gunner, Christian. As the gunner asked the cook "What's the grub?" Jake waited with anticipation.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:22 pm

The Boatswain started kicking the ass of the OSs and ASs, setting them to cleaning out the blood, helping the gunner, gunners mate, and yeoman pack up the powder, and helping the Armorer and armorer's mate pack up the weapons.

"Micheal, help with the powder!" He yelled, where Micheal was swabbing the deck.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:23 pm

Bolslania wrote:The Boatswain started kicking the ass of the OSs and ASs, setting them to cleaning out the blood, helping the gunner, gunners mate, and yeoman pack up the powder, and helping the Armorer and armorer's mate pack up the weapons.

"Micheal, help with the powder!" He yelled, where Micheal was swabbing the deck.

Carlton looked up “lower the sails all the way down!” Carlton shouted to the torment “we need to get away from this storm!”

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Bolslania wrote:The Boatswain started kicking the ass of the OSs and ASs, setting them to cleaning out the blood, helping the gunner, gunners mate, and yeoman pack up the powder, and helping the Armorer and armorer's mate pack up the weapons.

Carlton looked up “lower the sails all the way down!” Carlton shouted to the torment “we need to get away from this storm!”

Topmen scramble up the lower the sails. The Boatswain stops

"Belay that order Micheal! You help haul the mast lines!" He said, ASs and OSs picking up the large sail lines, the masts were being repositioned to catch the wind more/

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:27 pm

1st Mate Nathaniel Delecroix uses his spy glass to scan the horizon for any enemy ship out there. When nothing was seen, he glanced over at the Captain speaking in a slight French Canadian accent, "Sir, no enemy ships in sight."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:28 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:1st Mate Nathaniel Delecroix uses his spy glass to scan the horizon for any enemy ship out there. When nothing was seen, he glanced over at the Captain speaking in a slight French Canadian accent, "Sir, no enemy ships in sight."

OOC: We just finished an engagement with two French vessels, and that's not the job of the First Mate. That's a Topman's job. Your job is to assist the Captain in running and management of the ship.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Bolslania wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:1st Mate Nathaniel Delecroix uses his spy glass to scan the horizon for any enemy ship out there. When nothing was seen, he glanced over at the Captain speaking in a slight French Canadian accent, "Sir, no enemy ships in sight."

OOC: We just finished an engagement with two French vessels, and that's not the job of the First Mate. That's a Topman's job. Your job is to assist the Captain in running and management of the ship.

OOC: Gotcha
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Inishavon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Inishavon » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Michael quickly abandoned his cleaning task and went to the assistance of the gunner and his retinue. While storing one container of gunpowder in its proper place, Michael involuntarily coughed, which a particularly haughty crewmember of a superior rank might have interpreted as an insubordinate act.
he/him

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Inishavon wrote:

Michael quickly abandoned his cleaning task and went to the assistance of the gunner and his retinue. While storing one container of gunpowder in its proper place, Michael involuntarily coughed, which a particularly haughty crewmember of a superior rank might have interpreted as an insubordinate act.

Christian looked over at Micheal, he wasn't a particularly happy seaman.

"Are you well Micheal?"

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:55 am

Bolslania wrote:
Inishavon wrote:Michael quickly abandoned his cleaning task and went to the assistance of the gunner and his retinue. While storing one container of gunpowder in its proper place, Michael involuntarily coughed, which a particularly haughty crewmember of a superior rank might have interpreted as an insubordinate act.

"Are you well Micheal?"

William looked warily at Michael then he went to Christian and whispered saying "he might be sick, if he coughs a few more times we should lock him up away from the rest of the crew"

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 am

Somerania wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

"Are you well Micheal?"

William looked warily at Michael then he went to Christian and whispered saying "he might be sick, if he coughs a few more times we should lock him up away from the rest of the crew"

Christian nodded at the Marine,

"Possibly, I might send him to the Surgeon, if he coughs any more."

Inishavon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Inishavon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 am

"I'm fine, sir. I won't be needing to see the Surgeon, honest. Sure I'm fit as a fiddle, like," Michael insisted. He continued the task at hand as best as he could.
he/him

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:23 am

Inishavon wrote:"I'm fine, sir. I won't be needing to see the Surgeon, honest. Sure I'm fit as a fiddle, like," Michael insisted. He continued the task at hand as best as he could.

The captain walked over to Micheal “lad, you look sick” he said “go to the surgeon! That’s an order!”

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Inishavon wrote:"I'm fine, sir. I won't be needing to see the Surgeon, honest. Sure I'm fit as a fiddle, like," Michael insisted. He continued the task at hand as best as he could.

The captain walked over to Micheal “lad, you look sick” he said “go to the surgeon! That’s an order!”

The Ship's Master (Ie. Navigator) walked over to the Captain

"Sir, where should we make a stop? Bilbao is close, and we need a lay-over to repair and maybe get some more sailors." He said.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 pm

OOC: the crew will be quite surprised after hearing about Dennewitz while replenishing in Bilbao

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:44 pm

Carlton looked over at the ships master
“Bilbao sounds fine” he said

OOC: who the hell is Dennewitz?

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:56 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:Carlton looked over at the ships master
“Bilbao sounds fine” he said

OOC: who the hell is Dennewitz?

OOC: you don't know about the battle of Dennewitz?

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Jack heard the next destination.
"That's fine. I need to replenish my supplies

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse