NATION

PASSWORD

Aftermath of Empire [closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 am

Plzen wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:I got a question, btw; so a Vietnamese Empire would control Burma/Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand/Siam, Brunei, Hainan and a part of the Malay/Malaysia?

Obviously not. Seriously - this seems to be a recurring theme. If you really want to play a superpower that badly, apply for a region where the Regional Descriptions mention the existence of one. The modern world IRL isn't split up nicely into twenty great powers, and the world of this RP won't be either - most countries will be minor powers, and many regions will contain no world powers at all.

Hypercapital wrote:That makes sense, but I'm wondering who was able to colonize/settle the New World. It looks like Japan and The Philippines were the first (because of proximity) which makes sense since they're the UK and Spain parallels,but Vietnam'd be questionable actually not questionable, there's like five ways to pass from the Pacific if you're Southeast Asian.

Plausible. The Pacific Islands is likely to be the playground of former-secondary powers, with too many small individual pieces for a couple colonial powers to dominate them all.

I'm talking about in the Viet's past, not the present.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 am

Hey folks, I'm still alive and still kicking !

Imperial State of Zhounan (咒南帝制).
Application

From bloods and tears of many, this nation was built.

這個國家是由許多人的鮮血和眼淚建成的

DEMOGRAPHICS
(how many people your country has, where they live, what religion/culture/language they follow, any notable trends in immigration/emigration, etc)

• Demonym : Zhounanren (咒南人) or Nanren (南人).

• Population : Approximately 96,000,000 peoples.

• Language : In Zhounan, citizens are required to mastery at least two languages by the time their secondary education complete. In this requirement, they must speak fluently a variant of Chinese called the Zhounan Dialect (咒南話) as their main language, follow by their secondary, which is a foreign language of their own choice.

• Ethnicity : There are four ethic groups that constituted 70 percent of Zhounan's population, first is the Han (漢), second is the Yue (越), follow third is the Jin (金) and lastly is the Dai (傣). The rest of the population are many ethic minorities, some are foreigners migrated to this land, while others have been living here since the ancient.

DIPLOMACY
(the geopolitical situation of your country, any notable alliances/rivalries, trade relations, your military capabilities and typical deployment, etc)

ECONOMY
(how developed your country is, what its key industries are, what kind of economic policy your government follows, etc)

I will include this part in the Politics Section.

GEOGRAPHY
(at the very minimum there should be a description of your borders; you may also wish to discuss administrative divisions, natural environment, etc)

Resides on the eastern portion of the Annamite Peninsula is Zhounan, a country covered in lush jungle, hilly terrains, large swamps and unforgettably pretty beaches. There are two kinds of season in this place, a dry one that begins from April to October and a rainy one that starts from November to the end of March, also the climate may vary from provinces to provinces. About temperature... the best description is hot, awfully hot all year around, usually ranges between 24°C to 27°C (the highest record is 32°C).

Region and Numeration :

• 01 - Wanchun (萬春).
  • 02 - Suiyuan (綏遠).
  • 03 - Chongai (寵愛).
  • 04 - Longyou (隴右).
  • 05 - Guiling (貴領).
  • 06 - Jiannan (劍南).
  • 07 - Minghui (明慧).
  • 08 - Mianyou (綿友).
  • 09 - Huainan (淮南).
  • 10 - Xinxian (新縣).

The entirety of Zhounan are organized into 10 Regions, 70 Prefectures and 12 Municipalities. Prefectures are highly autonomous subdivisions with it's own identity, military and charter. On the other hand, Municipalities are special subdivisions directly control by the Imperial government. Fuchun (富春), the capital city of Zhouan is an example of a Municipality.

HISTORY

Ancient History :

There are very few surviving historical records of Zhounan inside the Imperial Erudite Collection, most has been lost due to many unfortunate events, leaving generations of Zhounanren ignorance about their past. However such misfortune is never enough to stop curious historians from trying to find the truth, and after decades of finding, these historical experts concluded the origin of Zhounan can be trace back to 221 BC, when the Qin Dynasty was deepened in a bloody civil war. Took advantage of the situation, the governor-general of Jiaozhi Commandery named Zhao Tuo (趙佗) decided to throw his own rebellion, which quickly gained supports from other Commanderies and by 204 BC, he proclaimed himself as King Wu of Nanyue and founded the Zhao Dynasty.

After the Qin Dynasty collapsed in 202 BC, the Han Dynasty arose. The emergence of a new superpower sowed anxiety to the heart of Nanyue, which years later turned out to be truth when Emperor Gaozu of Han started a skirmish in the border between two countries to test the strength of Nanyue.

Three Kingdoms :

POLITICS
(discuss the structure and legitimacy of your government, how stable your state is, norms of governance, ideology, etc)
Last edited by Grand Indochina on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Heretics, heretics everywhere.”

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:08 am

Grand Indochina wrote:Population : Approximately 196,000,000 peoples.

That seems rather high. If I recall correctly Vietnam has something like 90 million people and I'm pretty sure the other bits and pieces you claimed don't add up to another hundred million.

This is obviously far from finished, so I'll refrain from any comments that aren't obvious.

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:18 am

Plzen wrote:That seems rather high. If I recall correctly Vietnam has something like 90 million people and I'm pretty sure the other bits and pieces you claimed don't add up to another hundred million.

This is obviously far from finished, so I'll refrain from any comments that aren't obvious.

Oh, sorry ! In my early draft I intended to add both Guangdong and Guangxi to my territory but quickly dropped the idea, hence the huge population. I will change that soon.
Last edited by Grand Indochina on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:36 am

I may have to give up on both my Vietnam concept and this rp. Sorry, Plzen but I don't feel like fighting for Vietnam and my idea of a France parallel/analog(ue) anymore.

Formosa/Taiwan also seems fascinating, but I barely have any Chinese knowledge (though Taiwan looks like an Austria parallel, if I'm continuing to use China as an analogue to Germania) so I won't try apping there.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:44 am

Hypercapital wrote:I may have to give up on both my Vietnam concept and this rp. Sorry, Plzen but I don't feel like fighting for Vietnam and my idea of a France parallel/analog(ue) anymore.

Formosa/Taiwan also seems fascinating, but I barely have any Chinese knowledge (though Taiwan looks like an Austria parallel, if I'm continuing to use China as an analogue to Germania) so I won't try apping there.

Don’t quit this RP too soon, there are still many places for you on the map. Look at Europe, it is empty, so is Asia, Africa and the rest of the Americas.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:10 am

Grand Indochina wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:I may have to give up on both my Vietnam concept and this rp. Sorry, Plzen but I don't feel like fighting for Vietnam and my idea of a France parallel/analog(ue) anymore.

Don’t quit this RP too soon, there are still many places for you on the map. Look at Europe, it is empty, so is Asia, Africa and the rest of the Americas.

Thanks for the support, but I wasn't interested in anything else but my Vietnam concept. We just had a back-and-forth over the Viet instead of just me giving it up, and I feel bad about it now.

I also can't imagine rping a non-Asian nation or a Chinese nation since I barely even have Chinese knowledge and I don't want to embarrass myself.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 am

Would this be alright for a territory. I have a feeling it might be too much but i might as well ask

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... w&usqp=CAU

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am

Rygondria wrote:-snip-

That doesn’t look too unreasonable to me.

Do be aware that the population of that region is lower than IRL.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:56 am

Ralnis wrote:Can I be a micronation?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am

Plzen wrote:
Rygondria wrote:-snip-

That doesn’t look too unreasonable to me.

Do be aware that the population of that region is lower than IRL.

Sweet, is their any history in particular i should know about this particular region before apping. Colonization, immigration, that kind of thing.

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:28 pm

Ralnis wrote:

You mean city-state ?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Sure, if that is what you wish.

Rygondria wrote:Sweet, is their any history in particular i should know about this particular region before apping. Colonization, immigration, that kind of thing.

Refer to the Regional Descriptions section of the OP for a general overview.

I don’t think anyone’s application mentions that area yet, so you should be free with regards the specifics.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:50 pm

Please bear in mind I am still here, it's just Rome is a fucking beast in of itself...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm

So, uh, Plzen, is this still on?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:36 pm

The V O I D wrote:So, uh, Plzen, is this still on?

Not with only two finished applications, no.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Has IC begun yet. Do I still have time to set up my app?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Has anyone apped for a Chinese nation yet? I imagine that having an RP centered around the advances of China would be difficult without... you know...
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:35 am

I’m sorry to say, since most of the initial interest seems to have fizzled out without materialising into finished applications, I’m declaring this RP officially closed.

I will be back with a different RP concept soonish.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:37 am

Plzen wrote:I’m sorry to say, since most of the initial interest seems to have fizzled out without materialising into finished applications, I’m declaring this RP officially closed.

I will be back with a different RP concept soonish.

wow was literally gonna send a application in
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse