NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:02 pm

1000 AMR

Teiwaz sat with the few other gods that came to meet on Airuis. He had heard about a party that was taking place in Voia, but didn't think much of it. Though, he knew the Spartans were celebrating as well. He heard something about a knife maker that claimed to be "endorsed" by him, which was a lie in of itself. Teiwaz didn't care too much though, as this lie originated from the usual squabbles of Voia, which he was not invested in. However, he was interested in the steel that was being developed in Voia.

Sparta, being of course a very militaristic civilization, was also slowly beginning research on steel. Iron was a common ingredient in almost all of the city state militaries before steels discovery. At this point, steel was being produced in some of the more innovative city states and its possible military applications was spreading across the rest of Sparta. It would, however, take a while before steel would become commonplace in militaries, as anything that could give city states an edge in combat was usually kept secret. This is the main reason why technology such as the ballista and crossbow is only present in a few city states despite its invention around 40 years ago. Some city states began looking for sources outside of Sparta, including Voia after it was discovered they were also producing the material.

"I would hope that many of the other gods would show considering this is an important meeting." Teiwaz said.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:14 pm

There was already quite the assembly of deities forming on Aiuris. She was immensely greatful for their arrival on such short notice. Adurja knew that some of the other gods had wanted this meeting for some time now. What better way to start off the millennia than by selecting three leaders to guide them to greatness? They could even attend one of Voion's parties afterwards, to commemorate one thousand years of peace and prosperity.

Where is Voion, anyway?

In hindsight, Adurja regreted not considering how the other gods might have been planning events to celebrate the millennium, or how, like Bahakot said, many could leave the meeting with bruised egos...

The chill Hitomi's arrival brought felt reminiscent of Adurja's realm. She did not flinch, or lash out at the perceived disrespect; after all, Hitomi was, at her core, a passionate being, just as varied and wild as the forces of nature she embodied. Besides, there were more gods arriving with each passing moment. It would be rude to cause a scene. "Hitomi, I apologize for interrupting your plans."

She then turned to the whole assembly. "I want to apologize to everyone here for my inconsiderate requests. Nocturnus is such a distant place from the rest of the universe, and it is easy to forget how the rest of the world is changing." The Goddess of Memory, being forgetful? What a strange irony. "If you wish to reschedule our meeting, so that you may return to your Realms, I would wholeheartedly support your decision."

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Nymora, Goddess of Fire
Aiuris

“Hitomi, that’s no way to greet an old friend. Isn’t it reason enough just to see everyone?”

Nymora offered the elemental deity an amused smile as she walked into the meeting. She seemed to simply appear out of the air, stepping effortlessly into existence without breaking her stride. A thin trail of smoke trailed off around her legs, a lingering reminder of her own realm before it too dissipated into the air. Coming to a stop near those who had already arrived, Nymora scanned the gathered deities with a clear curiosity. When her gaze came to a stop on the God of Sport, her features lit up as her smile widened.

“Bahakot! It is good to see you here. I worried that you might not have been able to steal yourself away from the games this year.” Nymora had always watched the other deity’s annual festival with interest. The best athletes were often unrivalled in their passion for their chosen activity, and her followers were often regular competitors. “Although I do wish that you’d add in some more…exciting...events next year.”

The Goddess of Slaughter left the details of her complaint unsaid, with her particular adoration for bloody spectacle and gladiatorial contests being more than explanation enough. She predicted that her own followers would probably be more competitive in such events, and she had no doubt that they’d make the games even more thrilling than they already were. Turning her attention towards their host, Nymora’s smile fell somewhat as she folded her arms across her chest.

“Adurja, it’s good to see you too. But you’re asking us to put a lot of trust into whoever gets selected for these positions.” Nymora held a certain respect for the Queen of the Dead, and considered her to be one of her more reasonable kin, but this meeting was too important to beat around the bush. Elaborating on her point, the Goddess continued. “Already it’s pretty obvious that some are favouring their own particular breed of mortal pet down there. Who’s to say that this power won’t be abused?”

Allowing her words and concern to linger in the air for a moment, Nymora suddenly continued as her mood seemed to shift. Clapping her hands together, she winked at Adurja. "Though I suppose it can't really be helped, can it? How are we planning to do this, just a verbal vote? Or should we all get up and give speeches about why we're each oh-so deserving of the title?"
Last edited by Bentus on Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:43 pm

The Hepthalites wrote:
"Languorno grows ever more golden every day, Adurja. It seems as the mortals' civilizations grow, and they learn to rely on each other, their happiness grows as well. I look forward to seeing the comforts they design as our shared history marches onwards."

He turned to Hebainia, and bowed.

"Which actually brings me to something I wanted to ask you, Hebainia, at least while we wait for our erstwhile friends." Abraxes filled his mug with dark matter and summoned a sugar cube, which he dropped in it wirh a soft splash.

"I had heard rumours that your pocket realm had been successful, Hebainia, but I had no idea the understatement until I took a look myself. Your creations are so advanced, and their societies are so complex. Have you considered spending some time on the mortal plane?"

He summoned a tea spoon (gold, of course) out of the void. It began to stir his mug on its own, clinking softly against the edges.

"What I mean, of course, is that I have been thinking about the strength that our domains could establish if we cooperated on a project. Have you ever thought of creating an academy of divine quality in the mortal realm?"

Abraxes elaborated. He sought Hebainia's help in designing an academy, library, or order of scientists or alchemists of the highest quality, to advance the quality of life of the mortal races. Not knly would such an establishment benefit the widespread growth of reason, but it would greatly improve the quality of life and overall happiness of the mortal realm.

Abraxes banished his spoon into oblivion, and took a long sip from his mug.

Hebainia thought long and hard about that offer. She really didn't trust Abraxes, of course. His domain didn't seem to be the sort of happiness that Hebainia liked, but the sort of contentment that kept you from trying new things, or worse—apathy. Hebainia wasn't the goddess of psychology, but she felt that apathy was one of the worst emotions.

But the idea of a science academy was a good one. A place where the best minds of the mortal realm could meet, discuss, share their ideas, and teach things to others would be a great place to advance progress and make the mortal world better. Hebainia was keen on the idea.

Hebainia didn't want to work with Abraxes in particular. Maybe Hebainia could enlist the help of another god, like Voion or Telsa who would place the institution in one of their civilizations. But not Abraxes. The Mathematician didn't trust the bloke.

Hebainia did want to spend more time in the mortal realm. She had helped Voion invent steel, and had some other interactions on the mortal plane, but Hebainia felt that like if she didn't venture out of her dimension, the other gods and the mortals would forget her. Hebainia did not want to be forgotten.

"That seems like a good idea," said Hebainia. "We should discuss it more after the meeting is over."

It would be pretty hard to tell Abraxes that Hebainia planned on starting a library or academy or order of scientists without him without starting a major godly rivalry like those that doomed the last universe. Delaying it would only make it worse. Or perhaps the god of apathy wouldn't care at all. Anyway, Hebainia did not want to disrupt this godly council meeting.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Anitgrum
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Anitgrum » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:41 pm

Socor perched on a rocky mountain's peak. In the dust valley below two great Micon armies faced off. On carried the black banner with yellow crescent the other red banner with black diamond. As the black diamond army's infantry advanced the yellow crescent's archer opened fire.Their arrows blotted out the sun and crashed against the shields of the advancing infantry. Some arrow embedded themselves within the creeping infantry's shields others bounced off. A select few arrow found their mark and laid low a unfortunate infantrymen. Meanwhile on the flanks the camel cavalry charged toward one another. When the two forces meet they produced a cacophony that flooded the entire valley. Elsewhere the infantry of the two great armies meet. The regimental blocks of the two armies transformed in to amorphous blobs as they battled. The archers from the yellow crescent switched their fire onto their black diamond counterparts. The black diamond archers fired their arrows into the raging cavalry battle on their flanks. Under withering fire of the black diamond archers and their ferocious cavalry assault the yellow crescent right flank cavalry disintegrated. Having won the fight the black diamond right flank cavalry moved assist their left flank comrades. Meanwhile the yellow crescent archers switched their fire to the right flanks cavalry as the moved to the left flanks. Scores of cavalrymen fell under the concentrated arrow fire. The infantry fighting in the center of the battle was stuck in a bloody stalemate.The reinforcing black diamond cavalry charged the yellow crescent cavalry form behind. Dozens of Yellow crescent cavalry died in the initial charge and the rest fell during the ensuring melee. The black diamond cavalry turned there swords to the yellow crescent archers.Under the cavalry's onslaught the archer fled the battle. With their cavalry wiped out and their archer fleeing the infantry of the yellow crescent scattered in every direction. The black diamonds had won this battle.

As Socor contemplated the battle he had just witness Covra flew behind him. With his attention still focused on the battlefield below Socor addressed her.
" What business does a servant of Adurja have with me." He said in authoritative tone.

Covra's hands fumbled around in her satchel before handing him the invitation.

"A meeting to chose three chief deities more like three divine cat herders. I pity the three fools we chose." The Lord of the endless wasteland chuckled to himself as he read the message.

Socor teleported himself to Aiuris and took his seat.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm

The Kingdom of Endaar
1000 AMR

"Prince Viktor! The court is waiting!"

In the study of a great palace, a human was flipping through pages of a book. Maps, diagrams, and strange tomes were strewn haphazardly across his desk. Jet black hair fell in short strands, framing his haunting violet eyes. Unenthused, he nonchalantly looked up from his book at the maid. "Can't the court wait a few more minutes?"

"Vi-, I mean, your highness, it's almost time for your coronation, the single most important day of your life! Aren't you excited?"

He stared back, blankly. "Elated."

The maid's smile faltered. "Your highness, is everything alright?"

He closed his book, sliding it back into place on a nearby shelf. "My apologies, I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Tell the courtiers I will be ready in five minutes."

"Of course, your highness." With that, she gently closed his chamber door, scurrying away like a mouse.

Viktor was a recluse, even by his nation's standards. He had little to no interest in ruling the kingdom; he would much rather be a scholar, or a mage, studying his true passion. Politics bored him.

But from the moment he came into the world, his fate was already decided. He would have to rule Endaar, whether he wanted to or not. He straightened himself in the mirror, trying to clear his thoughts.

For now, he would go along with the game, playing the part of the Monarch, attending ceremonies and whatnot. As time went on, he would gradually distance himself from the throne, assigning his many duties to advisors and giving himself more time for discovery.

But why do that? If he truly wanted to, the stagnation of his kingdom would end with a snap of his fingers. They would leave their dreaded isolation and look to the world beyond as a way to expand and improve. After all, once he became king, his word would proceed even those of the gods...

-------------------------------------------------

The ceremony was brief. After a priest of Adurja gave a speech, along with some blessings, Viktor was given his father's crown and scepter. The crown, a silver kaleidoscope of many-colored gens, fit him perfectly. The scepter fit into his hand so elegantly and precisely that it could have been used as a weapon. Once he was declared King of Endaar, the crowd erupted with applause.

After parading the streets alongside their new king, the nobles spent the rest of the night partying at the king's palace, laughing and dancing while musicians and jesters entertained.

Viktor was not among the partygoers. He had snuck past the black stone walls of the city, momentarily creating a hole in Endaar's magic barrier. He traveled deep into the surrounding forest, with one location in mind.

After narrowly avoiding a nasty fall into a ravine, Viktor found what he was looking for. It was a campsite, created by the Blackwing Cult. Great pikes surrounded the perimeter of the camp, each one tipped with a severed, impaled humanoid head. Bones from all types of creatures were strewn about the campsite, painted with blood.

He took a deep breath. These next few moments would determine his entire future. With his hands raised high, he walked directly towards the center of the camp.

Immediately, he was surrounded by cultists, who donned dark robes painted skull masks. Standing directly in front of him was a Hollower, a cultist who had undergone a specific ritual that granted them immense power, at the cost of their soul.

The Hollower loomed over Viktor; more dead than alive, their bear skull mask was permanently fused to what remained of their face. "Insolent boy, you shouldn't have come here." Her voice was raspy and garbled. "Just who do you think you are?"

"I am King Viktor III, of Endaar." His voice was calm and controlled.

The cultists whispered amongst themselves, examining him curiously. The Hollower tilted her head, curiously. "How strange. No King has ever stepped foot outside of Endaar before." She stepped closer to him, eyes wild with repressed chaos. "You would fetch a lovely price..."

He was unfazed. "I have come to make a proposition." He reached into his pocket, pulling out an amulet. The metal had patterned interwoven swirls, surrounding a dark onyx that oozed with dark energy. The cultists were fascinated by it, some even attempting to reach out and snatch it. Viktor raised it higher into the air. "If you accept my offer, I will bring you far more than this measly trinket. Gold, artifacts, tomes, anything you can imagine will be yours."

The Hollower stared at him, blankly. "What do you seek in return for this?"

The moonlight reflected in his violet eyes, intensifying his gaze. "I ask for one thing, and one thing only; make me immortal."

Their excitement died instantly. The Hollower shushed their murmuring, before turning back to face Viktor. "You could easily run off without paying us. What's stopping you from doing so?"

"Would I go through all the work to become immortal, just to spend an eternity constantly running from the most powerful mages in the Mortal Realm?"

The air was silent. Only the moon dared to move. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the Hollower spoke. "I will speak with the Goddess-Queen. You will have your answer by tomorrow."

He thanked them for their time, and went off to return home. Somehow, his absence had gone unnoticed by his peers, who were preoccupied with their celebrations. As the night wound down, each noble retreated to their chambers.

By early morning, Viktor was still awake. He had not slept a wink since his meeting with the Blackwing cultists. Anxiously, he waited for the motivation to begin his first day as king.

Suddenly, the empty fireplace erupted in a burst of green flames. A strange, grotesque face formed out of the fire, staring into Viktor's soul. Before he could respond, the face spoke. "The deal is complete. Go to the entrance of the Lost Caverns on the next full moon. There, you will find us."

And just like that, the flames vanished. Viktor was speechless. Was it truly that easy to achieve immortality? Surely, there had to be a catch. He layed awake, under a sunless sky, pondering and fearing the arrival of the next full moon...

Aiuris
1000 AMR

"I thought it would be worth discussing such matters with everyone in attendance. It would be greatly beneficial for everyone involved if we set guidelines."

Adurja began to question her own choices. What drove her to have others make the decision of leadership so urgently? Was it fear? Boredom? Memories of a broken past manifesting as paranoia?

Whatever it was, she was beginning to see the cracks forming.

"In hindsight, it was foolish of me to arrange this meeting with such little forethought. We simply cannot afford to rush this crucial process. I understand if you all wish to postpone this meeting to a later date." She scanned the assembly, anxious to see their reactions...

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Musashi teleports to aiuris and takes his seat, musashi says "hello fellow gods and goddesses I have made a decision since I am the god of elements I would like to bestow upon mortals the elements, only sentient mortals shall be able to use one element but I am in need of your permission, I will let each god choose one element to bestow upon your most beloved followers, the element that you chose, so well let's get two things out of the way when a mortal gets this said mortal will also be given chakra control from which they may generate their element if chakra runs out their body will not be able to move until the chakra recharges which will take about a few hours and second once a god choses an element said god can also use the element, I don't know if a god has infinite amount of chakra or just a very large amount because I have never ran out of chairs myself" musashi then waits for his fellow gods and goddesses to choose an element.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Bentus wrote:Nymora, Goddess of Fire
Aiuris

She seemed to simply appear out of the air, stepping effortlessly into existence without breaking her stride. A thin trail of smoke trailed off around her legs, a lingering reminder of her own realm before it too dissipated into the air. Coming to a stop near those who had already arrived, Nymora scanned the gathered deities with a clear curiosity. When her gaze came to a stop on the God of Sport, her features lit up as her smile widened.

“Bahakot! It is good to see you here. I worried that you might not have been able to steal yourself away from the games this year.” Nymora had always watched the other deity’s annual festival with interest. The best athletes were often unrivalled in their passion for their chosen activity, and her followers were often regular competitors. “Although I do wish that you’d add in some more…exciting...events next year.”

The Goddess of Slaughter left the details of her complaint unsaid, with her particular adoration for bloody spectacle and gladiatorial contests being more than explanation enough. She predicted that her own followers would probably be more competitive in such events, and she had no doubt that they’d make the games even more thrilling than they already were. Turning her attention towards their host, Nymora’s smile fell somewhat as she folded her arms across her chest.

Bahakot turned to address Nymora with a gentle grin and a nod, his own energetic eyes regarding the goddess in a manner difficult to discern to most observers -- the closeness he felt to Nymora was unmistakable. She was herself a personification of what it often took to produce an ambitious and driven champion, the mortals Bahakot held in such high regard: passion, perseverance, drive, dedication. Fire was one of the sacred symbols of the games hosted by the Bakhela in the mortal realm.

Still, she was also the poster child of all things corrupt of the old world. Her passion was unchecked and flew in the face of fairness in sport, and tread dangerously into the waters of treachery and merciless murder, in Bahakot's view.

"It is pleasant to see you again, Nymora. I was reluctant, but the urgency seemed to merit my presence. Perhaps you could grace some of your own champions with your presence at the millenium celebration? I'm certain it would light a fire under them," Bahakot quipped. "I assure you though, I am always looking for new competitions...within reason."

At Adurja's vocalized trepidation, Bahakot scoffed. "Nonsense. There's no time like the present, and such an arrangement will greatly benefit both ourselves and the mortal realm. An attempt to safeguard against treachery and disaster. Those who show no interest simply forfeit their input," he exclaimed. "Besides, the prospect of such high-stakes competition intrigues me. Perhaps my peers will give their all in this endeavor, in sport or wordsmithing."
Last edited by Lancearc on Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:56 pm

1000AMR
The First Island

Meeting

Gaash silently thought, only raising his head from the waters of contemplation to listen to the other gods. This was a most difficult decision. To decide upon which of them would get to become rulers of a sort. There were many ways to decide on a such a matter.

Importance of domain? It would stand to reason that those with the most important, most vital roles in building and maintaining the world below should be gifted this prestigious position. No.. far too subjective, reasoned the sun god. Importance is up to one's personal taste. And besides, all of them pitch in to maintaining the order of things one way or another. Of course, some pitch in more than others..

Gaash halted this train of thought to listen to the other deities again. Musashi went on about some strange ploy to grant others some powerful abilities of a sort, while Bahakot and Nymora introduced themselves to one another. After the other deities wrapped up with their words, Gaash bowed his head once more, and returned to deep thought.

What about their general, amicability? Friendliness? How, good they were? Good is a most subjective metric, and a very fuzzy one at that, said Gaash's internal voice, the words feeling like they were bouncing 'round his brain. Or was he just having the divine equivalent of a mild headache? Well, let's continue with this, my gut's telling me it's a good idea, for some reason... Who is most good? Adurja perhaps? She's undoubtedly the wisest among us all. She knows the old world in far more vivid detail than most, and she's responsible for convening us all on this rock ten centuries ago. What about Teiwaz? Similarly war-weary, in spite of where his worship goes, and similarly somewhat level-headed, I could see him heading us divines. But what of the third? Nymora is definitely not an option, Hitomi'll drive the other two up a wall, Abraxes fits the amicable part, but does he really? continued the sun god is his thought. And why do I get the feeling he has something to do with the strange fruits that popped up a while ago? wondered Gaash. He brushed that last thought aside. He needed to stay on topic. At last, Gaash spoke up, not even having a concrete idea for the third deity, but doing so anyway.

'I Gaash, nominate, you.' said Gaash, an outstreched arm pointed at Adurja. 'You're arguably the most fit for this sort of position. You were the one who first convened us to build creation, you were always one to mediate conflict, and you have a most vivid recollection of the old world, which would undoubtedly be a useful skill for any chief deity.' Gaash let the other deities process this information, before following it up with his next nomination.

'Teiwaz,' he simply said. 'I find something great in you, and something most perfect for a chief deity to-be. You've always been one to avoid the low road of bloody combat, and you seem to truly be devoted to keeping the throes of the old world at bay.' Gaash once again let the other gods recollect, before he recalled that he went into this with only two out of the three chief deities in mind.

'As for the third..' Gaash raised his shoulders, and made a slight shrug. 'Perhaps me?' he asked, almost jokingly.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Ruby Eron the 9th would speak on a golden podium, declaring the extinction of all nonhumans (besides gods, obv) in or near the Crystalline Republic. Accidentally worshipping the Goddess of Slaughter with this holocaust, he declared the Republic a state for all humans. (it already was this way, but it wasn't formal/a formal declaration)

"Humanity first! Our bird-gods have watched over us, and we praise their vigil! These monsters have came and roamed around to cause chaos, to turn the Republic into an Anarchic Regime. Humanity will never be silenced, or thrown into Oblivion. Our idols have protected us." Eron said.

A Crystallian raised their hand and asked.

"What about Athens? Remember Alyssa?"

"Yes, but they leave us alone. Plus, I don't really count them as an Anarchy. They've been nice and friendly to us from the Jump." Eron answered.

"I'm gonna reschedule the Games between us and Athens, I'd like to focus on wiping these cretins from us." Eron also declared.

The Crystalline Republic, clothing-wise, discovered the Toga late, just either being nude or wearing other styles of clothing. The robes evolved and evolved overtime, and after Alyssa discovered/accidentally stumbled upon them, they'd also take from Telsa's clothing line, though in most regards preferring the marks of their own culture.

The armory expanded and evolved, them making armors out of alot of materials (including Wood, though Wood was worn for style and not for combat), also including Lapis and the materials found in Athens.

Makeup was originally just what the warriors wore, but it slowly crept into the 'layman's wardrobe.' (forgot to say this but there's no Gender Segregation or Gender Segregated clothing in either state. Some highborn females would style their faces up in the Korean/Japanese style ((like what's worn by Geishas)))

It became its own culture, both naturally and from Athenian influences.

The streets in Athens evolved, Athenians tiring of walking on dirt paths. Streetlights also developed. Athens became more and more artistic and artsy, with multiple styles of art, though preferring painting the ground with different sands and other materials.

Polygamy was widely accepted in Athens, Athenians not understanding just devoting their lives to one person.

They fought to keep the statusquo of Telsa worship, and the Order. Realizing that Apathy was the death of nations, Athenians fought against it (though Cynicism, Nihilism, Antipathy and similar philosophies were common due to Athens being a philosopher state) and strove to be a 'more caring, humanistic state.'

Flute and Recorder music continued to develop, and travelling bands started to form, traveling to nearby civilizations and celebrating the art of Music.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:00 pm

Aiuris
1000 AMR

Gaash was benevolent and insightful, as always. His nominations and soft-spoken explanations were strong and concrete, without appearing to offend any of the deities present.

Adurja was surprised to be nominated, but it was a honor she greatly appreciated. She could easily envision herself, Teiwaz, and Gaash as chief deities. She sincerely hoped that the other gods would agree...

"Thank you, Gaash. Your insight is greatly appreciated." She looked out to the other present deities. "Are there any other suggestions?

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:17 pm

Aiuris
1000 AMR

Teiwaz, realizing his name was mentioned, took his attention back to the meeting. He was in a long moment of thought before then, calculating the similarities between the different gods and their closest old world counterparts, at least from what he could pull out from his shattered memories.

"That disapline to not take the low road comes with experience. I've made many mistakes and wrongs in the past. Some have lead to destructive consequences. I believe it is because of the sacrifice of someone in particular that explains my continued existence here. Which is why I invest my loyalty into this Counsel and what it hopes to achieve, and will defend it to my last breath. But if the other gods don't wish to have me sit as chief deity, then I will not falter in my acceptance of their decision."

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:34 am

"I nominate Teiwaz, Hebainia, and Gaash to serve as the chief three. Simply put, they together possess the logic to craft good decisions, the goodwill to temper them, and the might to enforce them."

He took another sip from his mug. "Any idea when we will meet as a council once more?"
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:32 am

Hitomi bows to the others in apology, "My apologies for my attitude and rude behavior but you as you can see, I'm a very busy woman with managing the weather and whatnot. I could care less who leads us but they must be fair and just when they rule. If you become power hungry and and corrupted, I will see to it that you are removed from power."

Hitomi waves her hand creating a throne with the symbols of all her domains on it. Each symbol looked as though they were happening in real time. She summons a jug filled with a new alcoholic drink called saké. She fills her small cup with the drink and takes a sip, "Hmmmm, that is some good shit right there."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:16 am

SCHWERPUNKT

She once more opened her eyes and broke free of this thing that the mortals did, this sleep. As a deity, she naturally didn’t need sleep, but it helped her be anchored to humanity and not become some eldritch, unknowable being, a death sentence for a deity of her kind, so intimately intertwined with mortals. She stared out of the crater, noting that the sun was slightly peeping out of the crater’s rim, something that wasn’t expected for another three centuries or so, and yet there it was, “How odd that the passage of time is so flexible to us,” she muttered, her eyes narrowing slightly, “Has it really been a millennium since the creation of this mortal realm? Hmm, feels like it was something recent.” She rose out of the hole in the ground and rose up to the skies, flying or warping about to gain insight on the changes upon the world. One that both surprised and pleased her was the rise of Magec. “Again, most odd,” Yaerud said with a small smile as she looked upon the capital of the confederation, “I expect these three to take quite a while to mature, and yet here they are, Crown, Wisdom, and Understanding. The timetable moves, a toast for this ambitious lot of veteris.”

Well this was something really surprising, one of Adurja’s own was flying about in the distance, approaching her. This particular one was of considerable power, not surprising due to the divine shard within that one. “Hail, daughter of Adurja, and the Dark Messenger too.” she was still looking at the houses of brick and stone down in the distant ground with a pleased grin, “So, what seems to be the message?” The harpy replied, and goddess’ eyebrow rose slightly in curiosity and amusement. “And so the council of the divine unites once more in meeting, this one intends to not miss out a single bit.” her grin had disappeared, replaced with a neutral expression, “You’ve done well, harpy. I shall now be going, I assume you have other gods to invite as well, no?” Once again she took flight, flying away from the sky and into the cold firmament outside. “So little remains of the soup near here, its all empty space now; how drab.” A sigh escaped her lips, condensing then freezing into ice the moment it left her warmth.

It was unfortunate that she was a late arrival to Aiuris, it seemed as if there were deliberations already in progress. “A shame,” her voice was soft, and could barely be heard, “I could have used my power over probabilities to nudge things into directions, but then again, that wouldn’t be too fair.” She seated herself upon her throne of ironwood, taking the time to observe the congregated gods and goddesses. Old faces were there, some familiar, some she barely knew, but were there during creation; others were completely new to her, and thus would be the most interesting to know.

Bahakot, he who ensured every mortal was in tip top shape, especially his own flock, and his other domains of sport and athletes, “That one reeks of ambition.” Then there was the deity that was more or less her opposite, Abraxes; god of mortals not giving a care in the world, “So easily warped, one could simply make them uncaring of others suffering, and so, much, more...” she could not help but frown slightly and narrow her eyes, “A strange feeling of anger and disgust, is this what the mortals call contempt?” Good old Sunny G as she liked to call him was there, so was Teiwaz, and of course, this meeting’s head honcho, Adurja; these ones she already knew however, and so her eyes wandered some more to the other seated gods.

A certain Hitomi had chilled the place, not that she was affected in any way, living in the south pole and turning off the heating for days on end tended to do that to you. Then there was Voion, who she only knew due to hearing of that little war in Voia, but in other things, the deity was for the most part an unknown, “This’ll be rectified in due time.” Aprohis was there, that deceiver, but treacherous or no, that one would be an interesting piece if there ever was a board to play on. Hebainia, “She’s one that I have barely seen in the mortal world, preferring to stick around in that dimension of hers, I wonder what odd things are behind the wormhole.” Ah, another interesting one, that Nymora, quite ballsy that one, and quite passionate, “Unsurprising, she is fire and passion personified and deified. And why I oft despair over mortals...

Socor, who was dry, very dry... Oh?

A play by Musashi, “Mortals with control over the elements, a strange thing,” she noted as her frown disappeared, with a faint semblance of a smirk forming on her face, “And giving us the ability to choose an element to give to our followers as well. An interesting proposal, a very interesting proposal...” She would’ve pondered some more if not for the votes starting, and she did something odd and unexpected for someone as ambitious as her.

“I abstain, I have my reasons. That is all.” Was her answer, loud enough to make eyes fall upon her, and the first words she had said ever since her arrival, as well as the words that announced her presence.
Last edited by Guuj Xaat Kil on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:11 am

Nymora, Goddess of Fire
Aiuris

“Careful, Bahakot.” Nymora cautioned in response to the other god, offering him a cocky smirk. “I might just take you up on that offer, and it would be such a shame to see your followers get beaten at their own little games.”

As the pair exchanged their quick words, their brethren continued to gather on the First Island. Gaash was the first one to break the impasse and reveal his thoughts towards who should lead them. Nymora was hardly surprised, and she had little doubt that the Sun deity would be selected for the council himself. He was well-liked and trusted by everyone, and his importance to the mortal realm was undeniable. He was also a candidate that she could get behind. His daily travels through the sky meant that he was able to effectively keep an eye on the mortal realm in case anything got too out of hand. Sure, she would have preferred someone who couldn’t keep an eye on the entire mortal realm each day and rain on her parades, but she wasn’t exactly spoilt with more convenient choices.

Adurja would also likely get enough votes to sit on the council. The corner of Nymora’s mouth turned upwards into a smile when Gaash first put her name down. She had to begrudgingly agree with the older deity’s assessment, even if she’d make a point to not tell him as much. It also helped that the skeletal figure was the only one among them who seemed willing to manage all the duller duties that came with running things. But beyond that, Nymora felt that Adurja could be useful as a neutral party on the council. Of all of them, she understood the need for balance in the world. Creation wasn’t static, life couldn’t simply exist without death, nor death without life. Nymora knew that her place leant towards an end of the spectrum that made her more enemies than friends, but she could at least count on the Goddess of Death to be focused on what truly mattered. And if that gave Nymora more time to have her own fun, then all the better.

But those two hardly needed her support, and energy spent pushing for a forgone conclusion was energy wasted. No, Nymora’s interests meant that her voice was better spent elsewhere. Though even though she’d already made up her mind on who she’d be voting for, she still had to roll her eyes as Teiwaz commented on his own nomination. Why did the man insist on being so melodramatic? Sighing, she cleared her throat before speaking up.

“I vote for Teiwaz, as well.”

Nymora spoke up suddenly, her blunt statement interrupting the other deities as she tagged her thoughts onto the current discussion. Grinning at the surprised looks, she simply offered the others a dismissive shrug by way of explanation. Wearing an amused smirk, she put on a facade of innocence at any suspicious glances.

“What? I think Gaash put together a pretty convincing argument.” Turning towards Teiwaz, she offered the God of War a conspiratorial wink. “As frustrating as he is, he’s probably the only one among us who goes out of his way to restrain his own domain. He’s also important in the eyes of the mortals throughout Creation, and his followers aren’t simply concentrated in a single civilization that he nurtured from the Aether like some newborn babe.”
Last edited by Bentus on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:40 pm

1000 AMR

The First Island
Meeting

Gaash stood in abject confusion as Nymora voiced her opinions. She really did want Teiwaz as a chief deity, didn't she? Gaash quietly wondered, what great calamity must've occured to cause such a disturbance in the natural order of things; of course, there was no natural order of things, much a less natural order for the deities. In fact, that's one of the reasons why they're convening on this rock to begin with. Gaash let his sandals grip the ground of Aiuris, this ancient slab of stone on which he and his compatriots forged a new creation so many centuries ago. Gaash thought back to that feeling of age that'd gripped him as of late. He was under no threat by the reaper of age, but the world around surely was. He reminisced about the immense library of experiences the deity had went through, it was only by divine power that he had not forgotten all of it.

That was a nice time, in the vast steppe, silently chuckled the sun god as he recalled his days as a shepherd for the Huotsi. Oh how their civilization had thrived, even without his guidance. Gaash was always a bit detached from the mortal folk he so eagerly watched, he was never one to hold patronage over a people. Instead, he'd run errands here and there, investigate goings-on, nourish crops, be a general aid, but never really a game changer. Compared to some of the other gods, who seemed to explicity sponsor a growing culture, Gaash didn't hold a candle.

To go forward several hundred years, those strange trees, went the god's thoughts. Gaash had noticed that most peculiar plants had sprang up in far-flung corners of creation. They were apple trees, and yet they grew in decidedly non-apple-friendly climates. He'd plucked one of their golden fruits, from the tree that grew near Huotsipol, and had been inspecting it for some time. He had a feeling that this might've had something to do with Abraxes, but he did not know why. Perhaps it was the vivid memory of Languorno's golden walls, who glowed in a manner similar to these apples, perhaps a more cerebral deity had implanted these thoughts, or perhaps Gaash was just being a person, complete with out-of-nowhere assumptions.

Gaash continued his stroll through memory lane, before he silently nodded to Nymora. She was perhaps more flexible than what the sun god initially expected.

Huotsipol
Ambition

Wealth was something hard to come by, which is why it is most unusual when one takes the time to flaunt it. A merchant walked the streets of Huotsipol, showing off most luxurious clothing. The neighboring kindoms he did business with were particularly productive as of late, and he'd even made a great sale, putting off a strange golden apple on the marketplace for a lucrative sum. His clothes were colored in a deep blue, with white patterns disrupting the otherwise homogenous ocean color. He happily walked through the streets, his wealth visible to both the simple commoners and rival merchants, the latter eyeing him with green envy.

This is not who we'll be concerning ourselves with today.

'It looks like I'm not the first one here,' muses an aristocrat as he stared down an apple tree straight from legend. It grew in the most unusual of places and bore golden fruit in lieu of the usual red or green, and some of its fruits had already been plucked by the looks of it. 'No matter, this'll surely be a stepping stone to my, goals,' said the man most schemingly.

He wrapped himself around the trunk of the apple tree, and began scaling its wood to pluck the apples. Even by apple tree standards, it grew tall, another sign of its divine origin, not that it wasn't plastered in such signs already. Between the golden apples, the word of eternal glory and the fact that it seemed to sprout overnight, this was definitely from a divine source. This was not however something Minamos Hechu concered himself with, as he continued scaling the apple tree. At last, he was within reach of its branches, and began picking the golden apples, before he scaled the tree back down, an armful of the apples in hand. He'd then do it again, and again, until all but the hardest to reach apples were stored in a wagon, which he began pulling back to his dwelling in the city.

On the way back, his befuddled retainers, two heavily armed guards wondered why none other than the King of the Huotsipol had bothered with such an endeavour. 'I guess the apples look nice?' mused one. The other nodded in silence as they trailed back after the king. Minamos merely gave them suspicious stares before he returned to his wagon-pulling. The king had been very exclusive with the apples, not letting even a single finger other than his own on their golden surfaces. The two retainers looked at each other in abject confusion as both pondered this fact.

We jump forward in time. The clan council has been called, and Minamos is now seated to greet the seven chiefs.

'I have had the most great of successes on the battlefield!' boasts Chief Nezz, Patriarch of the Monaz clan. 'My men managed to rout their opponents, and we even advanced a good way into their territory. And on the camp side of things, the drunken brawls have flatlined! Although I can't say the same for the massacres..'

The other clan chiefs are elated with this news, and cheer on their fellow. Minamos Hechu merely looks on, his head visibly stooped. 'You have me to thank for that, Patriarch.' The king's announcement is heard by the council. The Hechu chief is the first to respond. 'We may be of the same clan, and you may be king, but I am inclined to state that these victories are surely the fault of Nezz Monaz, no?'

King Minamos merely looks at them, a confident smirk emerging on his face. He fiddles around with his luggage before he slams a golden apple onto the table's wood. Its skin somehow doesn't break. In fact, the king is unsure as to whether or not it is even edible. Regardless, he reiterates his announcement. 'You have me to thank for that, Patriarch.'

The seven chiefs immediately discuss this new development. Many of them have heard stories of this magic tree, whose golden fruit granted their bearers great wealth and power. Before they could respond, Minamos breaks his silence once more and follows up on his declaration. 'I have more,' he bluntly says, face now twisted into a most confident grin. 'Plenty more. And it is with this fruit that I shall take this realm to where none have taken it before! I will carve a great empire, so powerful it shall build towers to the skies themselves! The crop yields have increased dramatically, our battle fortunes have turned, even my appearance appears to be glowing! As king of Huotsipol, a propose we march onto our neighbors, do away with their petty semi-civilized fiefs and carve out a realm so great, it shall last a thousand years or more!'

Minamos had always been one for ambition. He'd bribed and extorted many on his path to becoming king, and he was always very vocal about creating a legacy. It was no surprise to the clan chiefs that Minamos would have such desires. What was a surprise was that he now had the means to act upon them. Whichever god had granted him this power must either be crying pure joy, or rolling in their graves. The clan chiefs were now somewhat intimidated, terrified even by the king. Minamos Hechu demonstrated his newfound abilities. He picked up a small pebble, and threw it across the room with such accuracy that it harmlessly whizzed by every one of their heads all at once, without even grazing a single hair.

'The-the clan council, finds your motion a satisfac-fac-tory proposal. We vote in f-favor of your ambitions, sire..' shakily utters Nezz Monaz. Just now he was boasting about his military ability, and now the king od the Huotsipol had made himself into a demigod overnight. 'We shall gather again at dawn tomorrow. We will assemble as a war council. Ready your men, and prepare the charioteers,' promptly commands Minamos. In his eyes burned a great ambition, one of conquest. 'We'll be marching, very, very soon'...
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:53 am

Aprohis spoke to the rest of the gods.

``I would like to give my vote to Adurja, for being the most enterprising and the first. Then to Gaash since her role was crucial for my creatures in the mortal realm to live. Finally Teiwaz, after all, someone like the god of war to be considered because he controls conflicts.´´

Aprohis remained calmly waiting for the rest of those present to speak
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Bentus wrote:Nymora, Goddess of Fire
Aiuris

“Careful, Bahakot.” Nymora cautioned in response to the other god, offering him a cocky smirk. “I might just take you up on that offer, and it would be such a shame to see your followers get beaten at their own little games.”

As the pair exchanged their quick words, their brethren continued to gather on the First Island. Gaash was the first one to break the impasse and reveal his thoughts towards who should lead them. Nymora was hardly surprised, and she had little doubt that the Sun deity would be selected for the council himself. He was well-liked and trusted by everyone, and his importance to the mortal realm was undeniable. He was also a candidate that she could get behind. His daily travels through the sky meant that he was able to effectively keep an eye on the mortal realm in case anything got too out of hand. Sure, she would have preferred someone who couldn’t keep an eye on the entire mortal realm each day and rain on her parades, but she wasn’t exactly spoilt with more convenient choices.

Adurja would also likely get enough votes to sit on the council. The corner of Nymora’s mouth turned upwards into a smile when Gaash first put her name down. She had to begrudgingly agree with the older deity’s assessment, even if she’d make a point to not tell him as much. It also helped that the skeletal figure was the only one among them who seemed willing to manage all the duller duties that came with running things. But beyond that, Nymora felt that Adurja could be useful as a neutral party on the council. Of all of them, she understood the need for balance in the world. Creation wasn’t static, life couldn’t simply exist without death, nor death without life. Nymora knew that her place leant towards an end of the spectrum that made her more enemies than friends, but she could at least count on the Goddess of Death to be focused on what truly mattered. And if that gave Nymora more time to have her own fun, then all the better.

But those two hardly needed her support, and energy spent pushing for a forgone conclusion was energy wasted. No, Nymora’s interests meant that her voice was better spent elsewhere. Though even though she’d already made up her mind on who she’d be voting for, she still had to roll her eyes as Teiwaz commented on his own nomination. Why did the man insist on being so melodramatic? Sighing, she cleared her throat before speaking up.

“I vote for Teiwaz, as well.”

Nymora spoke up suddenly, her blunt statement interrupting the other deities as she tagged her thoughts onto the current discussion. Grinning at the surprised looks, she simply offered the others a dismissive shrug by way of explanation. Wearing an amused smirk, she put on a facade of innocence at any suspicious glances.

“What? I think Gaash put together a pretty convincing argument.” Turning towards Teiwaz, she offered the God of War a conspiratorial wink. “As frustrating as he is, he’s probably the only one among us who goes out of his way to restrain his own domain. He’s also important in the eyes of the mortals throughout Creation, and his followers aren’t simply concentrated in a single civilization that he nurtured from the Aether like some newborn babe.”

Bahakot couldn't help but toss his head back with a hearty, abrupt laugh at Nymora's warning. "Hah! I welcome the challenge. We'll only need formalize something in the near future."

But for now, more pressing matters demanded his attention. The arguments presented by his fellow deities were sound, and Bahakot -- tenacious though he was -- had little interest in inserting himself into such a council. The god spoke slowly, seemingly considering the words even as they left his mouth.

"Yes. Adurja, Teiwaz, Gaash. Far-seeing and grim Adurja, wise and temperate her two companions. The group lacks the passion and fire of some of us assembled here, and while I wish we may have a more interesting way of deciding such appointments, I agree that these appointments may well be in the best interests of the lesser beings and ourselves."

Bahakot shifted in his stance slightly, crossing his arms over his chest with a slow nod, a gesture of finality. "That is my piece. Do with this as you will."
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Hebainia looked around. Yes, everyone was voting for Adurja and Gaash, just like Hebainia wanted to do. But Teiwaz? The war god? He did know how not to go to far, but... Hebainia thought about it some more. There were some gods (Abraxes...) that voted for Hebainia herself, but that would not do. As leader of the Council, Hebainia wouldn't be able to meddle with the Brains as much as she wanted to. And Hebainia wasn't a leader person, at least not among equal beings.

Hebainia decided. She knew who she was going to vote for.

"Adurja, Gaash, and Teiwaz. That's who I nominate. Not me," Hebainia said loudly.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ceystile » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:46 pm

Ausra floated near the gaggle of other gods in a rustle of skirts, everyone placing their votes in for who the chief deity should be. So far, Adjura, Gaash and Teiwaz seemed to be the most obvious choices and she could see why, she thought that Gaash in particular would make a pretty good ruler. Hebainia would also do a good job, but the goddess seemed a bit too egotistical for the Night-Weaver's tastes to be in such a position. She would never want to be ruler herself, she was too whimsical for the job and she knew it. Plus, she valued the freedom of being able to travel, it certainly helped her fulfill the obligations of her domain.
Hitomi was very kind and amiable, she'd be a kind ruler...but maybe a bit too impulsive. She didn't want to vote for the obvious choices, but going down the list...Abraxes couldn't be trusted to tell the truth, though he was nice enough. Crossing off god after god in her head, she finally spoke up and gave her vote while tucking her journal under her arm. "I'll cast my vote for Gaash as well. He seems to me like the best choice." was all she said before flipping through the pages.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:54 am

Adurja, Goddess of Death
Aiuris

A faint smile set itself upon the deity’s features. Inwardly, she sighed a breath of relief as it appeared her fears of a confrontation and bruised egos appeared to be unfounded. The reality couldn’t have been further from it, in fact, as all the Pantheon seemed to be rallying around a single set of candidates. Her initial surprise at being chosen herself had subsided, but she couldn’t deny a sense of pride that her brethren were willing to entrust her with such a responsibility. She had no illusions about the weight of the burden, nor the power and influence tha would come with it, and she could only hope that she would prove to be worthy of their trust. Nevertheless, she kept her silence until it seemed like all of those gathered had said their piece. She would have felt more comfortable if the rest of their kind had also made an appearance, but she supposed that there was little to gain in delaying their decision just for the sake of those who’d ignored her summons.

“If that is all, then I suppose it is official?”

Adurja offered, a faint smile appearing on her pale face. She glanced at each of the gathered deities, hoping that her gaunt features wouldn’t deter them from laying any of their doubts in the open. They had to be truthful with each other, and she would have to foster their cooperation, if they were to avoid the tragedies of the past. Inwardly, she tried to suppress the giddy feeling that was rising in her chest. Excitement, perhaps? Joy, more likely. A realization that they had accomplished such a feat peacefully and with no burned bridges between them. Maybe they did have a chance together, to make this world a better and more resilient one than the last. Taking a sigh, the Goddess of Death lifted her hands.

“In that case, let it be known that we craft our compact as equals. By selecting Gaash, God of the Sun; Teiwaz, God of War; and myself, Goddess of Death, to ensure the peace and stability of our Pantheon and all of Creation, we bestow upon them the authority and power befitting their new duties.”

Something seemed to change in the air as she spoke, the colour of her four eyes deepening as she wrote the momentous event into the memories of the Cosmos. All of the gathered gods could feel the power coursing through the air, as if an electric charged emanated from the aether itself. In the mortal world, those worshippers particularly intune with the gods would also have felt the strange sensation, such was the magnitude of its repercussions.

“Were any of us to stray from our responsibilities, or seek to exploit this power for our own benefit at the expense of the Pantheon, then let our brethren be free to remove us from our posts.” In the center of the island, the staff that they had all originally poured some of their power into began to glow, brighter and brighter until a blinding pulse burst into existence around it. And then, the room was silent once more.

Fatigued from the exertion, Adurja nevertheless turned back to the others. She felt like she had to say something. Surely that would be appropriate, considering the faith that they had placed in her? “It is done. I...I hope that I do not let you down. I suppose that celebrations should be in order, should they not?”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:16 am

Bentus wrote:Adurja, Goddess of Death
Aiuris

A faint smile set itself upon the deity’s features. Inwardly, she sighed a breath of relief as it appeared her fears of a confrontation and bruised egos appeared to be unfounded. The reality couldn’t have been further from it, in fact, as all the Pantheon seemed to be rallying around a single set of candidates. Her initial surprise at being chosen herself had subsided, but she couldn’t deny a sense of pride that her brethren were willing to entrust her with such a responsibility. She had no illusions about the weight of the burden, nor the power and influence tha would come with it, and she could only hope that she would prove to be worthy of their trust. Nevertheless, she kept her silence until it seemed like all of those gathered had said their piece. She would have felt more comfortable if the rest of their kind had also made an appearance, but she supposed that there was little to gain in delaying their decision just for the sake of those who’d ignored her summons.

Adurja offered, a faint smile appearing on her pale face. She glanced at each of the gathered deities, hoping that her gaunt features wouldn’t deter them from laying any of their doubts in the open. They had to be truthful with each other, and she would have to foster their cooperation, if they were to avoid the tragedies of the past. Inwardly, she tried to suppress the giddy feeling that was rising in her chest. Excitement, perhaps? Joy, more likely. A realization that they had accomplished such a feat peacefully and with no burned bridges between them. Maybe they did have a chance together, to make this world a better and more resilient one than the last. Taking a sigh, the Goddess of Death lifted her hands.

“In that case, let it be known that we craft our compact as equals. By selecting Gaash, God of the Sun; Teiwaz, God of War; and myself, Goddess of Death, to ensure the peace and stability of our Pantheon and all of Creation, we bestow upon them the authority and power befitting their new duties.”

Something seemed to change in the air as she spoke, the colour of her four eyes deepening as she wrote the momentous event into the memories of the Cosmos. All of the gathered gods could feel the power coursing through the air, as if an electric charged emanated from the aether itself. In the mortal world, those worshippers particularly intune with the gods would also have felt the strange sensation, such was the magnitude of its repercussions.

“Were any of us to stray from our responsibilities, or seek to exploit this power for our own benefit at the expense of the Pantheon, then let our brethren be free to remove us from our posts.” In the center of the island, the staff that they had all originally poured some of their power into began to glow, brighter and brighter until a blinding pulse burst into existence around it. And then, the room was silent once more.

Fatigued from the exertion, Adurja nevertheless turned back to the others. She felt like she had to say something. Surely that would be appropriate, considering the faith that they had placed in her? “It is done. I...I hope that I do not let you down. I suppose that celebrations should be in order, should they not?”

Bahakot was pleased to see his peers more or less unified in the selection of their triumvirate of deities. Certainly, he wagered, there would be some among those assembled -- and perhaps those absent -- who would bear the brunt of wounded pride. Such was the nature of many of his ilk, he acknowledged it himself. They were born, a great many of them at least, to dominate. It was their blessing and curse, of course. Bahakot was proud that the other divines were often competitive, but it was also in their nature to take their feuds many steps too far. He trusted this trio to maintain order in the ever-ongoing rat race many felt they were running.

Bahakot issued a booming chuckle as Adurja mentioned celebrations, not a suggestion he expected from the grim goddess. He clapped a firm hand on one of the deity's deathly slim shoulders, beaming a characteristic confident grin, which surely glowed in contrast to the death goddess' grey-purple form.

"Agreed! For our troubles and travel -- and for being pulled away from my thousandth tourney, no less, I trust our gracious hostess offer us a fitting celebration," Bahakot beamed. "Then I shall return to my games, for this contest was not one hotly fought. Perhaps that was even for the best, I am loathe to admit."

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:56 am

Bentus wrote:Adurja, Goddess of Death
Aiuris

Hitomi sat in her throne thinking when something popped in her head, "Adurja, I never mentioned this before but what are the odds that there is other deities out there in the Universe? This is a very concerning matter as these deities could become a threat to this council and the mortal realm. I believe this to be a serious matter that must be discussed." Hitomi looked each of her fellow deities on this council one by one. She wanted to know what their opinions were on the matter.

While waiting for the others to speak, Hitomi drank her some green tea. She snapped her finger causing a cup of tea to appear in each deity's hand or paw. She takes a sip before speaking again, "Please have a drink of my newest creation, green tea."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:06 pm

"Huh?"
This was the first word that came out of Yvrashr's mouth as he awoke.
"What am i?" he said to himself?
"Who am I?"
 then, he looked down at himself, seeing his royal regalia, feeling the sword in his hands, and he knew. He was Yvrashr, god of Governance, Law, and Order.
He looked around him,and he saw land, and things, scuttling around. Buildings, and he was rather confused. He felt energy near him, and gathering his will., he teleported to it. There, he saw, in some sort of room, many other's, whom seemed to be gods like him, although they looked rather strange. One of them seemed to be a large reptilian creature, and they all looked in surprise at him, with a strange scent waving through the air.
"This is possibly a bad time for introductions, but i might as well", he thought to himself. Clearing his throat, he said:
"Hello. I am Yvrashr, god of Governance, Law, and Order!"
Schrödinger's Fascist
Needs to claim other races are inferior in order to justify ideology, but also needs to claim other races have controlled the world in order to set them as scapegoats.

I do NOT use NS stats.

A 10.2 civilization, according to this index.

"You Cannot serve both god and mammon"| Matthew 6:24
"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”| Matthew 19:24

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse