NATION

PASSWORD

Clash of Kingdoms: Creeping Frost

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:20 pm

I made a map for the RP! After fighting with mapmaking softwares, I threw in the towel and went with MS Paint. It's not the nicest map, but it works. If there's any major details I should try and adjust, please let me know!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Grimdark Souls wrote:
Ovesa wrote:So, I was thinking about worldbuilding, and I wanted to ask a few questions.

Are there any known active dwarven civilizations in universe, or were they all driven to extinction?

How were the dwarves, with all of their technological prowess, driven off the face of Paralia?

Ovesa wrote:Also, I just read the Elderreich app, and wow is it amazing! I really enjoyed reading it. Certainly adds a whole new level of depth to the lore :)

A thousand thank yous 8)

There should still be some existing around Paralia. The Elderreich do have some dwarven inhabitants of their own. Its only the mountain dwarves from the ancient kingdom of Karad-Anor that had been wiped out by the Unghoulian but meh...other mountain dwarf civs could exist outside of the Noldaraen elves' territories.

Nuridia wrote:Grim, you're accepted.

Ayyy! praise be!

Sarderia wrote:I'm going to recycle the character app to fit this new Kingdom app
-snip-

A nation of mongrel elves is definitely going to be really frowned down upon by the Elven Empire :lol:..but I really like the RL inspirations behind its governing/ruling system.

EDIT

Also if anybody can kindly help me point out to @Greater vakolicci haven to go through my nation history. I need their feedback/approval for my reference to Sorosan Republic.

I can TG him the app if you'd like.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Ovesa wrote:I made a map for the RP! After fighting with mapmaking softwares, I threw in the towel and went with MS Paint. It's not the nicest map, but it works. If there's any major details I should try and adjust, please let me know!

Ovesa, thanks for the map...I've never made a map before so I wouldn't know how to go about it, but it's good and serves our purposes.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Grimdark Souls
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimdark Souls » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Nuridia wrote:I can TG him the app if you'd like.

Ah yes! that'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks OP :blush:
Last edited by Grimdark Souls on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 pm

https://i.imgur.com/CF8PDY6.jpg

I have made a little map just so I know where everything is. Can I use this map and assume for my first few posts scouts will be entering Marseille?
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Ovesa wrote:I made a map for the RP! After fighting with mapmaking softwares, I threw in the towel and went with MS Paint. It's not the nicest map, but it works. If there's any major details I should try and adjust, please let me know!

Oh, I didn't see that. I can make a map based off that if the OP wants.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 pm

I think my map makes more sense though. Deserts should be produced by rain shadows and the climate and geology of the world should at least be somewhat realistic.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Sure Orostan, your scouts can enter Marseille...but I need a refresher on what they're entering for. I didn't see your map but I'll definitely looking it over now.

Random: I found my characters' theme songs y'all (because they're blank and I couldn't think of any...just felt like posting them):

Henriette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2jn3lJTAE

Charles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-VTua1tZQs

My upcoming character in the works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQWdHpN3Mo
Last edited by Nuridia on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Nuridia wrote:Sure Orostan, your scouts can enter Marseille...but I need a refresher on what they're entering for. I didn't see your map but I'll definitely looking it over now.

Random: I found my characters' theme songs y'all (because they're blank and I couldn't think of any...just felt like posting them):

Alright. I also left a lot of space on the map open for other players, who i really think should be listed in the OP with the other nations.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:16 pm

Awesome! But..why are your scouts entering Marseille again? Just need to know.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Nuridia wrote:Awesome! But..why are your scouts entering Marseille again? Just need to know.

Well, there's going to be a famine in the GWE if the climate there keeps getting worse. The changes in climate are related to the volcanoes I tried to show between the GWE and Paralia erupting, and one such eruption has formed a land bridge between the GWE and Paralia. The Western Continent and Paralia are in the process of moving apart from each other and because of that volcanic activity is being produced in the area between them as the formerly united continent moves apart over millions of years.

Basically I need stuff Paralia has, and in order to get that stuff I want to either trade or have the empires pay me for mercenary work.

Do you approve of my map? Is there anyone else I need to add? Do you want a version with borders of states?
Last edited by Orostan on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Alright, she's finished. Kate is fuckin tired, ok? She's aged ten years dealing with Victor and Charles' asses and this knight in shining armor is more like "my vodka aunt in tinfoil" (his words, not mine). Someone pls help this lady, she needs a vacation.

Other App:
Name: Katrina "Kate" Cassidy, Grand Master of the Order of the Knights of Cerberus
Race/Species: Human
Personality: Wiseass, always tired, grumpy af, aggressively "take charge", smokes like crazy, royal babysitter, loves kids and her dumbass himbo of a king, doesn't get paid enough, drinks too much, the big sister friend.
Sexual/Romantic preference (optional): "Straight as my blade."
Appearance:

Bio: Lady Katrina Cassidy was the eldest child of the Baron of Tesira (an old Marseillean region in the heart of their wine country), Meallán Cassidy and his wife, Lady Armistice Cassidy (who got her unusual name from the celebration of the first peace treaty between Marseille when it was still divided, thus ending the civil war). She grew up simply on her family's manor, sometimes helping out with the farm work or blacksmithing when her father couldn't hire men or if some of them fell ill.Her parents were social climbers and were eager to see their daughter wed to a prominent family, especially since she was considered very beautiful and well-spoken. But Katie always knew that she wanted to make a name on her own merit, and she'd been inspired by knights ever since she was a little girl so when she was eleven her parents sent her off to become a squire. She trained under a knight, Sir Kellan Archer who became a sort of father/older brother figure to her and taught her all the traditional knightly codes of chivalry, protecting the innocent and weak, slaying evil and all that jazz. Like the knights in shining armor in her stories, she was wide-eyed and hopeful.

But soon the stars left those big gray eyes as a fifteen year old Kate experienced her first taste of battle during one of King Victor's wars. Knighthood was nowhere near as glamorous as she had thought, she was very shaken but surprisingly wasn't scared off. Some reassurance from Sir Kellan and a few weeks to get her bearings, and she was more determined than ever after seeing what her brothers and sisters in arms sacrificed to protect their country. Being a knight was about protecting people, and if she left now she'd never become strong in order to protect those she loved. But as the battles raged on, Kate became more and more disillusioned. They were supposed to be fighting for something, but the longer the wars continued the more she saw that they weren't fighting for anything but wealth and power. Victor was obsessed with getting his empire back, and to many it seemed that it didn't matter how many lives were lost in the process. With that, she left the army and went to go turn in her resignation at the palace but was stopped by Queen Andrea. The queen too had seen the ravages of war, and now was not only worried about the safety of her kingdom but of her children and asked the former soldier if she would stand guard over the royal children, fearing that they could be kidnapped or murdered by malcontents. Kate was honorable, she could be trusted...her first instinct was to flat out refuse but these were defenseless children. Protecting the kingdom's future was a hell of a lot better than fighting and killing over dirt, even though the future of Marseille seemed quite bleak then.
With this new duty, Kate seemed to slowly gain back a little of her faith in knighthood and became particularly attached to the young Prince Charles because he was the one who mostly reminded her of her younger brother back home. In return, Charles grew to love her and even affectionately called her Sissy. She'd helped save his life many a time, or scolded him for running in the palace depending on what day it was. When Charles eventually became king, Kate made it her new mission to help him mend not only the reputation of the country, but she also wanted to mend the reputation of her Order and make it something to be proud of again rather than something that was feared and distrusted. To that effect, Charles appointed her Grand Master of the Order of Cerberus, the foremost chivalric order in the country. She works now to instill discipline in her knights as well as protect this fool at the same time.
Goals: To help the king repair the damage in Marseille and restore the Order of Cerberus to its former glory, keep Charles from dying or doing dumb shit,
Likes: Her family, ale, upholding her creed, men (the cute ones especially), Charles, especially when he's handling business and being kingly.
Dislikes: When Charles does something dumb, being reminded of the tarnished (though recent) past of her Order.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQWdHpN3Mo
Powers/Abilities: The Order of Cerberus teach their members magic, mainly light combat magics to aid in their fighting styles, unlike many knightly orders...so she's an eldritch knight.
Last edited by Nuridia on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Nuridia wrote:Ok, thanks for telling me Orostan...I appreciate it.

My WIP application. I think she'll be great fun.

Other App:
Name: Katrina "Kate" Cassidy, Grand Master of the Order of the Knights of Cerberus
Personality: Wiseass, always tired, grumpy af, aggressively "take charge", smokes like crazy, royal babysitter, loves kids and her dumbass himbo of a king, doesn't get paid enough, drinks too much, the big sister friend.
Appearance:
Bio: Lady Katrina Cassidy was the only child of the Baron of Tesira (an old Marseillean region in the heart of their wine country), Meallán Cassidy and his wife, Lady Armistice Cassidy (who got her unusual name from the celebration of the first peace treaty between Marseille when it was still divided, thus ending the civil war). She grew up simply on her family's manor, sometimes helping out with the farm work or blacksmithing when her father couldn't hire men or if some of them fell ill.Her parents were social climbers and were eager to see their daughter wed to a prominent family, especially since she was considered very beautiful and well-spoken. But Katie always knew that she wanted to make a name on her own merit, and she'd been inspired by knights ever since she was a little girl so when she was eleven her parents sent her off to become a squire. She trained under a knight, Sir Kellan Archer who became a sort of father/older brother figure to her.
Goals:
Powers/Abilities:

Are there other Marseille players?

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Nuridia wrote:Sure Orostan, your scouts can enter Marseille...but I need a refresher on what they're entering for. I didn't see your map but I'll definitely looking it over now.

*Watches all the videos*
YO THAT IS LITERALLY CHARLES AND IT WAS GREAT IN CONTEXT AND MY SEARCH HISTORY IS GETTING INTERESTING

Hmm...angsty character? A rogue...?

Those were my thoughts. Me likes to listen to music.
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Since we're all sharing music, I found a song that reminded me of Lidia :)

Grimdark Souls
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimdark Souls » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:29 pm

Orostan wrote:Do you approve of my map? Is there anyone else I need to add? Do you want a version with borders of states?

https://imgur.com/PhDouWf

The red circled area would be a really great place to put The Elderreich in as they are suppose to be located between Temerain and Marseille. Also the mountain range within the red circle could be the Spire Mountains from my civ bio. This is a really nice map 8)

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Orostan wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Ok, thanks for telling me Orostan...I appreciate it.

My WIP application. I think she'll be great fun.

Other App:
Appearance:
Bio: Lady Katrina Cassidy was the only child of the Baron of Tesira (an old Marseillean region in the heart of their wine country), Meallán Cassidy and his wife, Lady Armistice Cassidy (who got her unusual name from the celebration of the first peace treaty between Marseille when it was still divided, thus ending the civil war). She grew up simply on her family's manor, sometimes helping out with the farm work or blacksmithing when her father couldn't hire men or if some of them fell ill.Her parents were social climbers and were eager to see their daughter wed to a prominent family, especially since she was considered very beautiful and well-spoken. But Katie always knew that she wanted to make a name on her own merit, and she'd been inspired by knights ever since she was a little girl so when she was eleven her parents sent her off to become a squire. She trained under a knight, Sir Kellan Archer who became a sort of father/older brother figure to her.
Goals:
Powers/Abilities:

Are there other Marseille players?

Well Tomia is playing my advisor, Quendi just made two apps but that's about it.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Ovesa wrote:Since we're all sharing music, I found a song that reminded me of Lidia :)

That is literally Lidia.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Grimdark Souls wrote:
Orostan wrote:Do you approve of my map? Is there anyone else I need to add? Do you want a version with borders of states?

The red circled area would be a really great place to put The Elderreich in as they are suppose to be located between Temerain and Marseille. Also the mountain range within the red circle could be the Spire Mountains from my civ bio. This is a really nice map 8)

Awesome map, Orostan! I love it! I don't know if it's possible, but could you mark out an area on the Spire Mountains? Technically, Ignis is beneath the mountains, but I thought it'd be a good reference point.
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Since we're all sharing music, I found a song that reminded me of Lidia :)

That is literally Lidia.

I know, right? The song's a perfect fit!
Last edited by Ovesa on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Grimdark Souls wrote:

Looking good, we just need to add Agcron and the other nations and I never really imagined Marseille that far south. But it does make sense for mechanics. It's like 17th century France and England got drunk one night and had some freakish frankenbaby.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:35 pm

Nuridia wrote:Looking good, we just need to add Agcron and the other nations and I never really imagined Marseille that far south. But it does make sense for mechanics. It's like 17th century France and England got drunk one night and had some freakish frankenbaby.

TIME TO GET THE POPCORN.
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:38 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:

That is literally Lidia.

OMG, it IS! For Henriette, I was torn between this song and Beyonce's "Run the World", it was hard to pick!
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:39 pm

I should have the city state app done soon.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:42 pm

It's her theme song now.

*Looks at two side characters*

BRACE YOURSELVES FOR IMAGINE DRAGONS.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm

After looking at the geographic descriptions, I suggest this. (However I changed several key geographic positions such as the GWE now in the East, Elven Empire's coast in the North, etc.)
Map

(so basically if we use Europe as analogus Marseille is France, Termain Germany, Sorosa as Southern italy or Greece, Verantia is North Italy and Dalmatia, Silvensia is Hungary/Bohemia/Balkans, Agrcon and Jorvik North Africa, Ztuu Rayit is Poland-Lithuania/Belarus, the GWE is Russia, Ignis as the Baltic Coast, and finally that left the Elven Empire occupying Northern Germany or Scandinavia)

I think I should add more mountains in the Ignis part though
Last edited by Sarderia on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse