NATION

PASSWORD

Clash of Kingdoms: Creeping Frost

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:48 pm

How do languages work between the kingdoms? Is there a common language everyone uses (kind of like English), or do people just speak the same language? I'm wondering about this because Silvensia speaks its own version of Elvish called Silver Elvish (because my brain decided to make them Silver Elves, which I think I made up...?) or Silvensian, so Lidia would have to converse with humans in a language that is not her own. Or, if someone is speaking in a language she doesn't know, she will have to use translation spells.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:01 pm

I wanted to ask about the language thing as well, before all of the leaders meet up IC.

Also, I am currently righting a GUCCI post with some lore thrown into the mix. Hope it turns out alright :)

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Everyone does speak their own languages, but there is a common tongue called Paralian, it was the shared language of the very first tribes to settle there.. almost everyone is taught how to speak it.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:11 pm

Nuridia wrote:Everyone does speak their own languages, but there is a common tongue called Paralian, it was the shared language of the very first tribes to settle there.. almost everyone is taught how to speak it.

Sick. Lidia would be fluent in that, then.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:34 pm

I have a post too...and I’m thinking about making one more leader. Their country is a little bit small on the political stage but they don’t really care.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:54 pm

Golly gee wilikers, that was a long post! My hands are worn out. Nothing like some advisor conflicts and excessive xenophobia to spice up a post.
Last edited by Ovesa on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:37 pm

I feel like there should be a few NPC elvish kingdoms. Not necessarily huge political influencers outside the elf species, but kingdoms that would add more depth to the species and create INTERNATIONAL TENSIONS for Silvensia.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:53 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:I feel like there should be a few NPC elvish kingdoms. Not necessarily huge political influencers outside the elf species, but kingdoms that would add more depth to the species and create INTERNATIONAL TENSIONS for Silvensia.

I agree, that would be pretty interesting. It does raise a few questions;
Who created elves and humans?
How did they develop side by side?
How are they different?
Last edited by Ovesa on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:I feel like there should be a few NPC elvish kingdoms. Not necessarily huge political influencers outside the elf species, but kingdoms that would add more depth to the species and create INTERNATIONAL TENSIONS for Silvensia.

Watch this space, guess what's coming tomorrow?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Hey Nuridia, when should we be arriving at the wedding? I was just wondering for future reference.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Ovesa wrote:Hey Nuridia, when should we be arriving at the wedding? I was just wondering for future reference.

I think we'll end the day by the end of the second page, and that's when we'll start...just to give everybody the opportunity to finish up what they need to do.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Ovesa wrote:Golly gee wilikers, that was a long post! My hands are worn out. Nothing like some advisor conflicts and excessive xenophobia to spice up a post.

Your post was great and enjoyable to read!

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:

Watch this space, guess what's coming tomorrow?

Memes.
*ERROR*
*ERROR*
No, wait, that's just my brain.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Henriette and Charles: "So, not everybody goes for the last hurrah or are we just thots?"
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Hettie is the way more discreet "I have standards" thot and Charles is the "I give zero fucks" type of thot.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Your post was great and enjoyable to read!

Thank you so much!!

Nuridia wrote:Henriette and Charles: "So, not everybody goes for the last hurrah or are we just thots?"

That's hilarious, I can imagine them casually asking that at the wedding reception .

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:09 pm

*Is disappointed that the word "thot" was introduced by not WF but entertained by the topic at hand*
I feel like a betrothal between Charles and Lidia would be hilarious.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Your post was great and enjoyable to read!

Thank you so much!!

Nuridia wrote:Henriette and Charles: "So, not everybody goes for the last hurrah or are we just thots?"

That's hilarious, I can imagine them casually asking that at the wedding reception .

Hettie has a reputation to maintain. Charlie already kinda has a reputation so he's less likely to care...although he has been working to boost the country's reputation ever since King Vic went on his little warring spree.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:*Is disappointed that the word "thot" was introduced by not WF but entertained by the topic at hand*

Oh man, if they got betrothed it would be really funny...just like if Charles and Andoras got betrothed. Both would be packed with possibilities, but Charlie has two rules: Nobody under 17, and NO VIRGINS. EVER.

Of course if his country is at stake, he may have to break those rules. In theory.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Nuridia wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:*Is disappointed that the word "thot" was introduced by not WF but entertained by the topic at hand*

Oh man, if they got betrothed it would be really funny...just like if Charles and Andoras got betrothed. Both would be packed with possibilities, but Charlie has two rules: Nobody under 17, and NO VIRGINS. EVER.

Of course if his country is at stake, he may have to break those rules. In theory.

Well, Lidia breaks both those rules. But, if things don't work out, Lidia could be betrothed to Anthony.
No matter what happens...
Chaos will ensue.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Sorry for being off topic, but I'm curious to know your nation's stance(s) on cyclopes and their re-introduction to surface politics. For context, the cyclopes were basically driven underground by other species (primarily humans and elves) a little over two thousand years prior to the current IC date. Now that I think about it, most in-universe modern nations probably didn't exist back then, but I thought it would be worth asking.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Ovesa wrote:Sorry for being off topic, but I'm curious to know your nation's stance(s) on cyclopes and their re-introduction to surface politics. For context, the cyclopes were basically driven underground by other species (primarily humans and elves) a little over two thousand years prior to the current IC date. Now that I think about it, most in-universe modern nations probably didn't exist back then, but I thought it would be worth asking.

They don't view cyclopes as inferior; however, they know very little about them or the underground peoples in general.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:18 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Oh man, if they got betrothed it would be really funny...just like if Charles and Andoras got betrothed. Both would be packed with possibilities, but Charlie has two rules: Nobody under 17, and NO VIRGINS. EVER.

Well, Lidia breaks both those rules. But, if things don't work out, Lidia could be betrothed to Anthony.
No matter what happens...
Chaos will ensue.

YOU KNOW I ACTUALLY THOUGHT ABOUT HER MARRYING ANTHONY! Are we twins?!

And Ovesa, as for my nations and their stances, they really don't care. Like, race is the last thing on their minds, especially Agcron because the old empires tried to colonize it earlier in its founding.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Tbh I dunno who Charles would marry at this point, because he'd marry if it meant helping his country but on top of being young...dude's still in love with Henriette. Can you say drama bomb?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Edited my post, added a Tali section

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 pm

Nuridia wrote:Tbh I dunno who Charles would marry at this point, because he'd marry if it meant helping his country but on top of being young...dude's still in love with Henriette. Can you say drama bomb?

This is gonna be a wild ride from start to finish

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse