NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Applauds enthusiastically

Congrats Minskiev
Last edited by Slaver Pirates of Vaas on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 pm

You’re all banned, for looking at me weirdly. Now EAT MY GOD DAMN GREEN BEANS FOR ME OR I SWEAR-

Not sure why I chose green beans, they’re delicious.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 pm

Conterale wrote:GOD APP
Name: Yvrashr (eve-ra-sh-ear)

Epiphet(s): The Noble One; He Whom Protects the People

Domain(s): Governance

Personality: he is the living embodiment of governance, and so his presonality changes over time (ie; if he was in the real world, during the 1700's he might have acted like an absolutist monarch, in the year 1300 he may have been partly like a feudal lord) however, a strange phenomenon happens, where the more important or widespread a system of governance is, he might adopt it into his personality, i.e if both democracy and feudalism were prevalent in this world at the same time, he would appear to be split in two, and he would have a different voice for each one.

Appearance: His appearance is changeable, as he looks like the rulership of different systems of governments (if the prevalent systems were authoritarian communistic regimes, he might look like Joseph Stalin, but if feudal monarchy was also prevalent, his other half would look like a feudal lord)
Equipment: generally a doublebladed axe which seems to be marked with blood, a scale,

Anything else:he sometimes intervenes in mortal affairs to protect people, sometimes to the displeasure and anger of the other gods.

Sorry for the delay. The concept looks good, though I wonder if you'd want any additional domains as well as governance? I might be being unimaginative but it might end up feeling rather limited (could go for justice, or order perhaps? or maybe compassion if you're aiming to make him be a bit of a good-guy). If you're okay with it though, I don't see why it can't be accepted. Another note though, there's already quite a diverse set of governments in the world and it will likely remain that way as players make their factions feel unique.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 pm

Read the IC, so how is my character and the cult gonna be introduced? Do I have to cowrite with the OP?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:54 pm

No need to cowrite, just go ham.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:23 am

Is anyone else planning to respond to the meeting to vote for chief deities? Otherwise I'll try to move things on tomorrow!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:11 am

Organization App
Name:Serpentine Order of Aprohis

Type:Military order created by Aprohis. This is made up of a Serpientes (that is, they are beings who have only been created to follow the will of their master. "They do not inhabit the kingdom of mortals but yes in the pocket dimension of Aprohis."

Rules:There are no rules since they blindly follow what Aprohis says, his will is his order and his rule. (I repeat they are not and will not be in the kingdom of mortals) There are no ranks either, they are soldiers of Aprohis.

History:Aprohis wanted to create his perfect servants, after many attempts he succeeded in the Serpiente race. Aprohis organized them into a personal army to fight the enemy that threatened him in case of enormous danger. In short, it is an army of unthinking servants who obey the explicit orders of their master.

Current Leader:Aprohis
Anything else:(In principle they shouldn't have to get involved in the mortal realm. It will probably never go so far)

Big Carencia wrote:SPECIES APP
Name: Merodeadores.
Deity: Aprohis
Type: Servant.
Appearance:It is a creature that moves on 4 legs. occasionally he gets up to two to see around her. They have the 2 very protruding fangs at the bottom of the jaw. they have no eyes to be guided by smell. The maximum height they can reach is 1 meter. They are predators but still have the ability to communicate. They have a snake tail and a gray color

Physiology / Skills: They have communication skills (they can speak freely, but they cannot think). They camouflage very well in the forests. They have illusory powers that stalk living beings to trick them with any trick. Then, after the ambush, they eat it. You can't reason with them even though they talk, it's just a mechanism in case they see your back and then attack. finally they can distinguish who really believes in Aprohis and who does not, who is not their prey.

Background: Slowly consolidate the cult by eliminating those who do not believe or by making their not followers pay.

Anything else:. If an Offering priest (of Aprohis) is paid an offering these beings will not attack you even if you are not a believer.
They never consolidate a civilization. you shouldn't talk to them , because their words are worthless. they just want to cheat and kill. There is a small number of these beings in the world. Let's say that there would be over 200 scattered around the world (they can reproduce, their population can grow).

(I still don't plan to place it around the world)

I've sent this couple of apps before. please you can check them
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:13 am

Bentus wrote:

Domain(s): Governance

Personality: he is the living embodiment of governance, and so his presonality changes over time (ie; if he was in the real world, during the 1700's he might have acted like an absolutist monarch, in the year 1300 he may have been partly like a feudal lord) however, a strange phenomenon happens, where the more important or widespread a system of governance is, he might adopt it into his personality, i.e if both democracy and feudalism were prevalent in this world at the same time, he would appear to be split in two, and he would have a different voice for each one.

Appearance: His appearance is changeable, as he looks like the rulership of different systems of governments (if the prevalent systems were authoritarian communistic regimes, he might look like Joseph Stalin, but if feudal monarchy was also prevalent, his other half would look like a feudal lord)
Equipment: generally a doublebladed axe which seems to be marked with blood, a scale,

Anything else:he sometimes intervenes in mortal affairs to protect people, sometimes to the displeasure and anger of the other gods.

Sorry for the delay. The concept looks good, though I wonder if you'd want any additional domains as well as governance? I might be being unimaginative but it might end up feeling rather limited (could go for justice, or order perhaps? or maybe compassion if you're aiming to make him be a bit of a good-guy). If you're okay with it though, I don't see why it can't be accepted. Another note though, there's already quite a diverse set of governments in the world and it will likely remain that way as players make their factions feel unique.

Hmm, maybe law and order could also be his domains,
And if so, then prepare to meet the most horrifying frankenstein monster you'll ever see.
Schrödinger's Fascist
Needs to claim other races are inferior in order to justify ideology, but also needs to claim other races have controlled the world in order to set them as scapegoats.

I do NOT use NS stats.

A 10.2 civilization, according to this index.

"You Cannot serve both god and mammon"| Matthew 6:24
"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”| Matthew 19:24

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:16 am

GOD APP

Domain(s): Governance, Law, Order

Personality: he is the living embodiment of governance, and so his presonality changes over time (ie; if he was in the real world, during the 1700's he might have acted like an absolutist monarch, in the year 1300 he may have been partly like a feudal lord) however, a strange phenomenon happens, where the more important or widespread a system of governance is, he might adopt it into his personality, i.e if both democracy and feudalism were prevalent in this world at the same time, he would appear to be split in two, and he would have a different voice for each one. In all forms, except maybe his anarchistic one, he values law and order a large amount.

Equipment: generally a doublebladed axe which seems to be marked with blood, a scale, and another weapon which would be appropriate for each of his personality/government types

Anything else:he sometimes intervenes in mortal affairs to protect people, sometimes to the displeasure and anger of the other gods and his other personalities.
Schrödinger's Fascist
Needs to claim other races are inferior in order to justify ideology, but also needs to claim other races have controlled the world in order to set them as scapegoats.

I do NOT use NS stats.

A 10.2 civilization, according to this index.

"You Cannot serve both god and mammon"| Matthew 6:24
"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”| Matthew 19:24

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:33 pm

Big Carencia wrote:Organization App

Type:Military order created by Aprohis. This is made up of a Serpientes (that is, they are beings who have only been created to follow the will of their master. "They do not inhabit the kingdom of mortals but yes in the pocket dimension of Aprohis."

Rules:There are no rules since they blindly follow what Aprohis says, his will is his order and his rule. (I repeat they are not and will not be in the kingdom of mortals) There are no ranks either, they are soldiers of Aprohis.

History:Aprohis wanted to create his perfect servants, after many attempts he succeeded in the Serpiente race. Aprohis organized them into a personal army to fight the enemy that threatened him in case of enormous danger. In short, it is an army of unthinking servants who obey the explicit orders of their master.

Anything else:(In principle they shouldn't have to get involved in the mortal realm. It will probably never go so far)

Accepted. (Contingent on their not getting involved in the mortal realm). Though I'd recommend just going through to fix spelling/grammar just to help you improve!

Appearance:It is a creature that moves on 4 legs. occasionally he gets up to two to see around her. They have the 2 very protruding fangs at the bottom of the jaw. they have no eyes to be guided by smell. The maximum height they can reach is 1 meter. They are predators but still have the ability to communicate. They have a snake tail and a gray color

Physiology / Skills: They have communication skills (they can speak freely, but they cannot think). They camouflage very well in the forests. They have illusory powers that stalk living beings to trick them with any trick. Then, after the ambush, they eat it. You can't reason with them even though they talk, it's just a mechanism in case they see your back and then attack. finally they can distinguish who really believes in Aprohis and who does not, who is not their prey.

Background: Slowly consolidate the cult by eliminating those who do not believe or by making their not followers pay.

Anything else:. If an Offering priest (of Aprohis) is paid an offering these beings will not attack you even if you are not a believer.
They never consolidate a civilization. you shouldn't talk to them , because their words are worthless. they just want to cheat and kill. There is a small number of these beings in the world. Let's say that there would be over 200 scattered around the world (they can reproduce, their population can grow).

I'd again recommend just going through to check grammar and spelling. It all looks mostly acceptable, except I'm not sure about illusory powers that can trick living beings "with any trick" - might want to tone that down a bit? Maybe say that they are manipulative and often try to trick weak-willed mortals? Also, what 'cult' is he trying to consolidate?

Personality: he is the living embodiment of governance, and so his presonality changes over time (ie; if he was in the real world, during the 1700's he might have acted like an absolutist monarch, in the year 1300 he may have been partly like a feudal lord) however, a strange phenomenon happens, where the more important or widespread a system of governance is, he might adopt it into his personality, i.e if both democracy and feudalism were prevalent in this world at the same time, he would appear to be split in two, and he would have a different voice for each one. In all forms, except maybe his anarchistic one, he values law and order a large amount.

Equipment: generally a doublebladed axe which seems to be marked with blood, a scale, and another weapon which would be appropriate for each of his personality/government types

Anything else:he sometimes intervenes in mortal affairs to protect people, sometimes to the displeasure and anger of the other gods and his other personalities.

Accepted!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:16 am

Bentus wrote:
Big Carencia wrote:Organization App

Accepted. (Contingent on their not getting involved in the mortal realm). Though I'd recommend just going through to fix spelling/grammar just to help you improve!

I'd again recommend just going through to check grammar and spelling. It all looks mostly acceptable, except I'm not sure about illusory powers that can trick living beings "with any trick" - might want to tone that down a bit? Maybe say that they are manipulative and often try to trick weak-willed mortals? Also, what 'cult' is he trying to consolidate?

Accepted!

Okay, surely it would be a mistake when translating. I'll fix it
Last edited by Big Carencia on Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moialia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Moialia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:03 am

GOD APP
Name: Käel
Epiphet(s): The Sea's Son
Domain(s): Ice and its creatures
Personality: Peaceful, often angered for "unfair massacres" caused by Sea Gods
Appearance: Blond hair, green eyes, blue Greek-style clothes
Equipment:
Anything else: Can be good friends with Sea Gods
Last edited by Moialia on Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are cool founders of a cool region! Make sure to visit it!
Now a dual monarchy with Treuvia

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:20 am

Moialia wrote:GOD APP
Domain(s): Sea creatures, but not the Sea itself (Let's get another god to do that, no? :) )
Personality: Peaceful, often angered for "unfair massacres" caused by the Sea
Equipment:
Anything else: Can be good friends with other Sea Gods

Good start! We unfortunately already have a pretty broad deity for the Sea and Oceans though (Hae, we should probably update the first post to have the taken domains listed for convenience! Will get on that). You could talk to The Pearl River about sharing the domain if you want, or else I know that Ice is still available as a domain?

Edit: Also, here's an invite link for the rp's Discord. Though the OOC's actually fairly active all things considered.
Last edited by Bentus on Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Moialia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Moialia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:21 am

Bentus wrote:
Domain(s): Sea creatures, but not the Sea itself (Let's get another god to do that, no? :) )
Personality: Peaceful, often angered for "unfair massacres" caused by the Sea
Equipment:
Anything else: Can be good friends with other Sea Gods

Good start! We unfortunately already have a pretty broad deity for the Sea and Oceans though (Hae, we should probably update the first post to have the taken domains listed for convenience! Will get on that). You could talk to The Pearl River about sharing the domain if you want, or else I know that Ice is still available as a domain?

Edit: Also, here's an invite link for the rp's Discord. Though the OOC's actually fairly active all things considered.

*slight smile* Let me fix it then

Moialia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Moialia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:28 am

Moialia wrote:
Bentus wrote:

*slight smile* Let me fix it then

Equipment:

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:42 am

Moialia wrote:
Equipment:

Definitely looking good! Think you could add a bit more to the app's bones, though? I know that the format doesn't lend itself incredibly well to it, but if you could put together a few sentences/paragraphs detailing his personality/any pertinent information that could give some more background into the character, that'd be great! Some potential prompts:

How does he personify his domains? Ice could be seen as a cold and murderous force by those caught in a winter storm, or it could be seen as fun and friendly with snow. Does he balance these two extremes, or does he lean more to one side? What is it about him that causes mortals to worship him? Do they seek protection from the winter chill, or a successful hunt in the cold regions of the world? Also, why would he have an affinity for sea gods? I like the idea there, though could use some explanation. Maybe he sees the ice and the ocean as being interconnected and he feels empathy for the isolated sea god due to how mortals also generally avoid the frozen lands that he calls his own?

Those are just some ideas, though feel free to not take any of them or come up with your own! Also, don't feel forced to take "Ice" - I just pitched it since it was close-ish to the Seas and was open.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:57 am

Big Carencia wrote:
Ovesa wrote:I will try and make a map as soon as possible. Just a warning, it will probably have to be made in MS paint because I am having an immense amount of difficulty working with map softwares.

If anyone else would be interested in creating a map (made with any software) and sharing a link, I would be immensely grateful.

Have you ever tried https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/
In mozilla firefox (in the other search engines it becomes garbage)
Sample map

with this you only need to complete the nations (if you want an Earth type map with this you cannot do it)

Hey, finally got around to checking out the link, and I think I'm in love. This map maker is incredible! Will probably cycle through a few geographical land mass options, run them by Ovesa, and then settle on one. We can then open it up to everyone here for input on where certain factions can go, how to modify the biomes, etc
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Moialia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Moialia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:06 am

Bentus wrote:
Moialia wrote:

Definitely looking good! Think you could add a bit more to the app's bones, though? I know that the format doesn't lend itself incredibly well to it, but if you could put together a few sentences/paragraphs detailing his personality/any pertinent information that could give some more background into the character, that'd be great! Some potential prompts:

How does he personify his domains? Ice could be seen as a cold and murderous force by those caught in a winter storm, or it could be seen as fun and friendly with snow. Does he balance these two extremes, or does he lean more to one side? What is it about him that causes mortals to worship him? Do they seek protection from the winter chill, or a successful hunt in the cold regions of the world? Also, why would he have an affinity for sea gods? I like the idea there, though could use some explanation. Maybe he sees the ice and the ocean as being interconnected and he feels empathy for the isolated sea god due to how mortals also generally avoid the frozen lands that he calls his own?

Those are just some ideas, though feel free to not take any of them or come up with your own! Also, don't feel forced to take "Ice" - I just pitched it since it was close-ish to the Seas and was open.

Alrighty but I don't feel like making it now

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:21 am

Bentus wrote:
Big Carencia wrote:Have you ever tried https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/
Sample map

with this you only need to complete the nations (if you want an Earth type map with this you cannot do it)

Hey, finally got around to checking out the link, and I think I'm in love. This map maker is incredible! Will probably cycle through a few geographical land mass options, run them by Ovesa, and then settle on one. We can then open it up to everyone here for input on where certain factions can go, how to modify the biomes, etc

If the map proves to be unsatisfactory, just tell me if you guys need one. I just haven’t got to making the map due to time constraints.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:43 am

Bentus wrote:
Big Carencia wrote:Have you ever tried https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/
Sample map

I'm glad I was helpful. Good luck with the map

Angora Guanaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Angora Guanaco » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:25 pm

GOD APP
Name: Hato (said like Hay-toe)

Epiphet(s): One-Eye, The Kindly One

Domain(s): Kindness, Altruism, Friendship

Personality: As perhaps suggested by his domains, he is kind and gentle. He does his best to accommodate everyone, and to ensure that people get along. He likes cooperation and teamwork. On witnessing particularly cruel actions, he will often start to cry, sometimes so much so that it is hard for him to see properly. He will often reward kind people or actions amongst the non-divine, and although he tries not to he will occasionally develop some favourites out of the mortals. He appreciates the prayer of mortal beings, but sometimes feels uncomfortable with organised worship of him for two reasons. Firstly, he feels that time and energy spent worshipping him could be better spent on kind acts and secondly, he tries to cultivate an approachable, friendly reputation whenever he descends to the mortal world.

Appearance: He’s more or less a classic cyclops in appearance. He has one oversized eye in the middle of his forehead, and is very tall, about 8 feet. He usually wears simple cloth clothes. When he is in the mortal world he will often (but not always) disguise himself, usually as an old man.

Equipment: (optional) None

Anything else: Hato is quite a young god, and isn't that confident around the other gods yet as he is a little intimidated.

Also just a note, I tried the discord link in the first post and I think it must have expired or something because I couldn't join.
Last edited by Angora Guanaco on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i failed biology :(

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:07 am

Angora Guanaco wrote:GOD APP
Name: Hato (said like Hay-toe)

Epiphet(s): One-Eye, The Kindly One

Domain(s): Kindness, Altruism, Friendship

Personality: As perhaps suggested by his domains, he is kind and gentle. He does his best to accommodate everyone, and to ensure that people get along. He likes cooperation and teamwork. On witnessing particularly cruel actions, he will often start to cry, sometimes so much so that it is hard for him to see properly. He will often reward kind people or actions amongst the non-divine, and although he tries not to he will occasionally develop some favourites out of the mortals. He appreciates the prayer of mortal beings, but sometimes feels uncomfortable with organised worship of him for two reasons. Firstly, he feels that time and energy spent worshipping him could be better spent on kind acts and secondly, he tries to cultivate an approachable, friendly reputation whenever he descends to the mortal world.

Appearance: He’s more or less a classic cyclops in appearance. He has one oversized eye in the middle of his forehead, and is very tall, about 8 feet. He usually wears simple cloth clothes. When he is in the mortal world he will often (but not always) disguise himself, usually as an old man.

Equipment: (optional) None

Anything else: Hato is quite a young god, and isn't that confident around the other gods yet as he is a little intimidated.

Also just a note, I tried the discord link in the first post and I think it must have expired or something because I couldn't join.

Accepted. Interesting domains, looking forward to seeing how he fits in with the rest of the cast. The Discord link on the first post's expired, unfortunately. You can use this one if you'd like: https://discord.gg/nSQmtSY
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:10 am

Somerania wrote:CIV APP
Name: empire of Gaya
Government Type: absolute monarchy
Ruler: Musashi (acting ruler until a successor can be chosen)
Patron God(s): Musashi
Species: Homo sapiens
Culture: Korean, Chinese and Japanese
Brief History: 850 years ago in 250 AMR Musashi came to a large not very far from the great city of Voia created by the god of commerce Voion and on the coast in the northeastern part of the island Musashi plunged his Katana into the ground then rocks came out forming the foundation of a large palace, he then got to work placing the roof, furniture and many other things, the palace had its own hot springs, barracks, gardens containing a late variety of plants then he got to work creating the humans, he created about 800 Humans, built quarters for them, the Humans took care of the palace and Musashi oversaw them, the population of the area grew and Musashi built homes for them until the area became the city of Hanseong with a population of 80 thousand, the surrounding peninsula became the empire of Gaya, the population of the entire empire 390 thousand, the empire's military established in 251 AMR only consisted of 30 well armed soldiers but now is 2 thousand cavalry, 4 thousand archers and 8 thousand infantry all armed with steel tools, currently the only city in the empire of Gaya is the capital city of Hanseong, large towns with an average population of 250 - 300 currently dot the landscape of Gaya.
Anything else: Musashi's successor will be a semi divine.(his offspring)

Updated!

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:58 am

Somerania wrote:
Somerania wrote:CIV APP
Name: empire of Gaya
Government Type: absolute monarchy
Ruler: Musashi (acting ruler until a successor can be chosen)
Patron God(s): Musashi
Species: Homo sapiens
Culture: Korean, Chinese and Japanese
Brief History: 850 years ago in 250 AMR Musashi came to a large not very far from the great city of Voia created by the god of commerce Voion and on the coast in the northeastern part of the island Musashi plunged his Katana into the ground then rocks came out forming the foundation of a large palace, he then got to work placing the roof, furniture and many other things, the palace had its own hot springs, barracks, gardens containing a late variety of plants then he got to work creating the humans, he created about 800 Humans, built quarters for them, the Humans took care of the palace and Musashi oversaw them, the population of the area grew and Musashi built homes for them until the area became the city of Hanseong with a population of 80 thousand, the surrounding peninsula became the empire of Gaya, the population of the entire empire 390 thousand, the empire's military established in 251 AMR only consisted of 30 well armed soldiers but now is 2 thousand cavalry, 4 thousand archers and 8 thousand infantry all armed with steel tools, currently the only city in the empire of Gaya is the capital city of Hanseong, large towns with an average population of 250 - 300 currently dot the landscape of Gaya.
Anything else: Musashi's successor will be a semi divine.(his offspring)

Updated!

The additional detail on troop numbers is interesting, but it would be great if you could add in some of the cultural/societal info that we chatted about in the Discord! Troop numbers and military organizations is probably the most likely thing to change within civilizations, whereas the culture and social structures are more foundational. Copied these points over from the Discord since they got buried a wee bit:

I like the app you put up for Gaya, but I think the background could use a bit of work. As it stands, we're learning more about Musashi rather than the Empire. Could you expand on the culture side of things (what aspects of the East Asian cultures do you think are highlighted in Gaya? Samurais or an Emperor? Warlords and civil strife or an efficient bureaucracy? etc). On top of that, is the Empire a peaceful, trading nation - or more warlike? Are they isolationist or a prominent international player? Those kinds of details would really go a long way!
Ok sounds good. What would be the key features of the Gaya in that case? Give a quick overview of them in the app as if explaining it to someone who's never heard of the historical inspiration.
Though be careful not to just straight-up lift a historical nation into the rp :wink: I don't think you're doing that - what with gods and semi-divines - but figured it was worth saying anyway.
I'm talking more about the details on how the nation is functioning. At the moment we don't learn much about what things are actually like in Gaya when you just say that the culture is "Japanese, Korean, Chinese". Things like the noble houses would help alleviate that. Also details on how the deities are worshipped, whether there's a state-run religion, what the armed forces are like, what the economy is founded on, etc would be wicked.

Let me know if you've got any questions or if you'd like me to explain what I'm talking about. For a reference to an exceptional civilization app in my eyes, I'd point you towards the Huotsipols by Danubian. The details in there really served to flesh them out! You don't need to go to that kind of length to make the app acceptable, but it could certainly be a helpful reference.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:13 am

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Organization App
Name: The Divine Army of Teiwaz
Type: (Divine) Military Organization
Rules:
1. All members give their undying loyalty to Teiwaz and the Divine Army in general.
2. All members are to stay within the Realm of Warriors unless given a special deployment mission by Teiwaz or the Commander General.
3. The Realm of Warriors must be protected at all cost.
4. Glory killings (intensional execution of POWs, unnecessarily brutal killings, and/or execution of non-combatants) are prohibited.
5. Friendly fire will not be tolerated.

History: The Divine Army started out mainly as a garrison force with the sole purpose of protecting the Realm of Warriors, the home of Teiwaz and where the greatest mortal warriors to ever exist go upon their passing into the afterlife. It soon took the form of a personal military for Teiwaz that, while yes, was still mainly concerned with the Realm's protection, could be deployed outside of the Realm in order to serve Teiwaz's will. While the army itself has always been very small, only having at most 5,000 men, this army is made up of the very same warriors that are taken to the Realm of Warriors, because of their legendary mastery of warriorship. Not only this, but these warriors are also given immense power (making them essentially semi-divine) and divinely enchanted weapons made by Teiwaz's high priests. It is said that this army could withstand a mortal force more than 100x its size. The average life of one of these warriors usually consists of 3 days of training per week along with a war simulation once every month. Many warriors are granted a lot of time to visit their close family who are also taken to the Realm of Warriors if the warrior of said family requests it. These close family members are not given any sort of power, however, so they remain as mortals throughout their time in the realm.

Current Leader: Teiwaz and the Commander General
Anything else: N/A

Accepted, though deployments in other realms would have to get approved by an OP or Co-OP, and the numbers of any such deployments would likely get limited since sending any such group would take significant amount of energy. But other than that, looking forward to seeing Teiwaz start flexing his newfound responsibility!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse