NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:43 am

Big Carencia wrote:
Somerania wrote:SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Bahamut
Deity: Musashi
Epiphet(s): the great dragon, dragon god Bahamut, Bahamut the wise, first of the dragons.
Personality: powerful, old, wise
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... j&usqp=CAU
Background: to worship Musashi, Bahamut is the first of the dragon race
Equipment: just the armour you can see him wearing
Anything else: he can be easily turned into an evil and rampant monster

dragons are partly snakes (that's the equivalent of being able to influence them)

As I said he can easily be turned into a mindless killing machine

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:48 am

Somerania wrote:
Big Carencia wrote:
dragons are partly snakes (that's the equivalent of being able to influence them)

As I said he can easily be turned into a mindless killing machine

okay ok but you have to understand that while He is sane I can influence him.
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:58 am

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Yaktsk
Deity:
Epiphet(s): "The Annoying", "The Blood-soaked"
Personality: Kind spirit which likes to burn things. If angered, becomes a maniacal lava demon which likes to burn things
Appearance:like a regular human, except it's hair looks like fire, and also acts like fire(i.e: moving around like fire, not burning things like fire)
Background: was born in a fire, doesn't remember why, probably just some joke by a god to create the most annoying being possible.
Equipment: can make fire appear out of hands, if angered can make spikes come out of the ground formed by lava being instantly cooled, and if *very* angry, will create Tsunami-like waves of fire.
Anything else: burns things
Schrödinger's Fascist
Needs to claim other races are inferior in order to justify ideology, but also needs to claim other races have controlled the world in order to set them as scapegoats.

I do NOT use NS stats.

A 10.2 civilization, according to this index.

"You Cannot serve both god and mammon"| Matthew 6:24
"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”| Matthew 19:24

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 am

Somerania, I will have to consider your app more carefully. I am hesitant to approve a semi-divine that easily succumbs to episodes of bloodthirsty rage.

Conterale, interesting app. Sounds like a semi-divine Nymora would create. Remove the fire tsunami ability, and ask Bentus for their thoughts on your app.

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:58 am

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Yaktsk
Deity:
Epiphet(s): "The Annoying", "The Blood-soaked"
Personality: Kind spirit which likes to burn things. If angered, becomes a maniacal lava demon which likes to burn things
He is usually kind and playful, if annoying, but when he is angered, then you might want to run. stories tell of a loyal devotee of his, whom was tortured to death too fast for him to stop it. In anger, he descended to the lands of the king whom did it, and wreaked havoc on his kingdom, burning and destroying, until he reached the king. In his rage, he brutally murdered the guards whom tried to stop him with spikes, before rechning the king, and slowly burning him.

Appearance:like a regular human, except it's hair looks like fire, and also acts like fire(i.e: moving around like fire, not burning things like fire), and his skin is very hot. When angered, his hair becomes dark-red, and his skin reaches temperatures upwards of 2000 degrees celcius.
Background: was born in a fire, doesn't remember why, probably just some joke by a god to create the most annoying being possible.
Equipment: can make fire appear out of hands, if angered can make spikes come out of the ground formed by lava being instantly cooled.
Anything else: poops fire
Schrödinger's Fascist
Needs to claim other races are inferior in order to justify ideology, but also needs to claim other races have controlled the world in order to set them as scapegoats.

I do NOT use NS stats.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”| Matthew 19:24

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Ovesa wrote:Somerania, I will have to consider your app more carefully. I am hesitant to approve a semi-divine that easily succumbs to episodes of bloodthirsty rage.

Conterale, interesting app. Sounds like a semi-divine Nymora would create. Remove the fire tsunami ability, and ask Bentus for their thoughts on your app.

if i do become so,ething from Nymora, i might need to tweak my personality a bit.
I doubt "Kind but vengeful" makes sense when you compare it to "Sadistic and violent for the sake of it"
Schrödinger's Fascist

I do NOT use NS stats.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Conterale wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Somerania, I will have to consider your app more carefully. I am hesitant to approve a semi-divine that easily succumbs to episodes of bloodthirsty rage.

if i do become so,ething from Nymora, i might need to tweak my personality a bit.
I doubt "Kind but vengeful" makes sense when you compare it to "Sadistic and violent for the sake of it"

If you want, you probably could still go for a "kind but vengeful" approach. I could definitely see Nymora finding amusement in creating a creature with enough kindness to feel regret and horror at its own actions if it is also predisposed to violence and moments of blind fury. We could work on the background a bit though. How'd you feel about the story of him descending to get vengeance on the King being his origin? Maybe he was originally mortal but was forced to watch as a loved one was tortured by a mad King. In desperation he might have prayed to Nymora for the strength to punish the King, which she granted him. But she did so knowing that his own anger would lead him to go on to slaughter not only the King, but the whole royal household and palace staff. He'd have accomplished his revenge, but in the process would have sold his soul to the malevolent deity? (T'is just an idea, don't feel like you have to go for this if you don't want to!)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Bentus wrote:
Conterale wrote:if i do become so,ething from Nymora, i might need to tweak my personality a bit.

If you want, you probably could still go for a "kind but vengeful" approach. I could definitely see Nymora finding amusement in creating a creature with enough kindness to feel regret and horror at its own actions if it is also predisposed to violence and moments of blind fury. We could work on the background a bit though. How'd you feel about the story of him descending to get vengeance on the King being his origin? Maybe he was originally mortal but was forced to watch as a loved one was tortured by a mad King. In desperation he might have prayed to Nymora for the strength to punish the King, which she granted him. But she did so knowing that his own anger would lead him to go on to slaughter not only the King, but the whole royal household and palace staff. He'd have accomplished his revenge, but in the process would have sold his soul to the malevolent deity? (T'is just an idea, don't feel like you have to go for this if you don't want to!)

sounds interesting, i'll think about it.
Schrödinger's Fascist

I do NOT use NS stats.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Dragons are part reptile

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 pm

OP, did you check out my WIP app? we kinda need to talk about my character
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:38 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:GOD APP
Name: Crescita
Epiphet(s): The Clockmaster, Golem of Metal, The Waterwalker,
Domain(s): Growth, Man-Made Creation, Industry, Clockwork
Personality: Crescita is often the ambitious type, however he has an obsession for passion and attention to detail. He isn't a malicious god, though he will allow inventions or items of death or destruction to be created, though he will still intervene if things go too far. He possesses some emotion, though he doesn't really show any to those who embrace or worship him. Even if he lets those who see him as a god create a temple for him, he will become focused on other things that he sees as importance.
Appearance: Originally, he was a humanoid figure that was made entirely out of stone, carved with small symbols and glyphs. Currently, he is a glass humanoid figure, who is made to resemble a hollow homo sapien (or a human for short). His body is filled with pipes and stone-made mechanisms that sends water throughout his body, acting as blood in a circulatory system with a tiny wooden water wheel acting as a heart.
Equipment: A random assortment of metal and stone scraps that have been made to resemble multiple shapes, a toolbox of an ancient assortment of tools, a glowing clock gear.
Anything else: Crescita's appearance is meant to change throughout his presence to reflect on the overall technology range that's current IC. He does have some powers that he uses to help influence species that are able to create or function as a society as a whole. He would pick someone within a species that is suitable to bring about change that is necessary for the advancement of progress and growth (pretty much hence some of his domains), and usually either appear directly towards mortals in visions or physically to have them bring about new creations that would change things for the better or worse. However, Crescita would mostly subminally add an idea to one's mind, though he will use the former two if he needs to intervene.

I edited the domains around, so that Crescita has a bit of Hephaestus vibes.

Accepted.
Union Princes wrote:OP, did you check out my WIP app? we kinda need to talk about my character

She can be, like you stated, Adurja's mask; contacting mortals, comforting souls, and the like. While Corva typically does courier-type stuff, you can do all the neat, divine soul stuff. Also, accepted.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:18 am

Somerania wrote:

Dragons are part reptile

The truth is that creating a dragon in this is difficult because first of all, at least, I will be able to influence it. If you add fire or another ability you will have to deal with the rest of the gods
Last edited by Big Carencia on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:50 am

Ovesa wrote:I will try and make a map as soon as possible. Just a warning, it will probably have to be made in MS paint because I am having an immense amount of difficulty working with map softwares.

If anyone else would be interested in creating a map (made with any software) and sharing a link, I would be immensely grateful.

Have you ever tried https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/
In mozilla firefox (in the other search engines it becomes garbage)
Sample map

with this you only need to complete the nations (if you want an Earth type map with this you cannot do it)
Last edited by Big Carencia on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:12 am

Ovesa wrote:Accepted.

I shall not have Crescita disappoint! I do some quick reading of the IC, then I can have Crescita manifest from some remnants of primordial ooze.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:03 am

Hello y'all, today is the day I will attempt to create a map for our RP! Before I do so, are there any details anyone would like to share about their cities (location, etc.)? Or how they envisioned the continents of the Mortal Realm?

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:32 am

Ovesa wrote:Hello y'all, today is the day I will attempt to create a map for our RP! Before I do so, are there any details anyone would like to share about their cities (location, etc.)? Or how they envisioned the continents of the Mortal Realm?

Well, I think we should have one big Eurasia analogue for a continent, and have a bunch of our civilizations hosted there. There'll be a vast grassy interior (steppe) like I described in the Huotsipol posts, and some ciivlizations based around rivers, like they tended to be in real life. As for location, IRL the Eastern Mediterranean played host to many civilizations, as did the Yellow River in China. A bunch of polities sprang up in these places, and got up to lots of wars, trading, Bronze Age collapsing, etc. We could have an analogue to this, just have a bunch of civilizations occur in a general area.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Ovesa wrote:Hello y'all, today is the day I will attempt to create a map for our RP! Before I do so, are there any details anyone would like to share about their cities (location, etc.)? Or how they envisioned the continents of the Mortal Realm?

Sparta's geography is mostly the same as Greece, so there's plenty of islands that are just off the mainland. Sparta can be on the coast of a sea or ocean.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Will you be including little inserts for important pocket dimensions or Aiuris?
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Voxija wrote:

Will you be including little inserts for important pocket dimensions or Aiuris?

It depends on what software I use, but if I can, I will add them.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:04 pm

I was thinking more of a medieval/fantasy-style Flat Earth. I can't imagine what continent Athens or the Crystalline Republic would be on, as they're not particularly forested or hilly, or even desert. Maybe they're more like plains, but the more you reach the Republic, you'd see alot of shrubbery.

Very far away is a hill or a mountain, and an ocean with a bunch of islands (where Jenna's currently at) though this part's cold (so probably a Taiga or Tundra), I just guess that geography in this world would be very weird.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:57 pm

I'll try to finish my app in the near future. Kinda busy with online summer class.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Sorry guys, but starting Friday I will be less active on NS for a few weeks because I am in the process of moving houses. I don't know how often I will be able to post (1/day minimum), but I'll still try and keep up to date on what's happening.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:17 pm

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Eulalia
Deity: Adjura
Epiphet(s): The Mouth of Adjura, Adjura's Mask
Personality: Warm and welcoming, Eulalia is very approachable to mortals. She is easily intrigued by their way of life and given her human appearance, the angel is usually called upon by curious individuals for advice or comfort being transported to the afterlife.
Appearance:

Background: Although Corva was the messenger for Adjura to communicate with the other gods, the Goddess of Death needed an entity to carry her will over the mortal realm and to reign in the Aureolas.
Equipment: Halo of pure silver, a set of body armor forged out of a heavenly metal found inside a fallen star, and a Book of the Dead.
Anything else: As Adjura's Mask, Eulalia takes the form of a young feminine human figure in order to put mortals at ease when conversing. However, she is still Adjura's primary enforcer and has the power to dispel anyone who displeases her or Adjura.

Organization App
Name: Cult of Adjura/Cult of Death/Hekaten Society
Type: Religious order, Witch Covenant
Rules:
1. No witch shall incite revenge to other witches; all grievances will be resolved by the Supreme Sorceress and if unsatisfied, the grievances can be taken to Eulalia or Adjura

2. All witches must dictate their lives to the worship of Ajura and guard the sacred art of witchcraft

3. Necromancy is a forbidden art; all witches are morally obliged to see to the removal necromancers immediately when encountered

4. Memories are sacred; all witches, when given the opportunity, must preserve a person's memories from erasure.

5. A Witch's duty must care for the graves near her home or upon her journey. The mortals must be ensured a safe and peaceful final resting place.

History: There are two things guaranteed in life: death and taxes; and through Adjura's orders, Eulalia was sent to the mortal realm to enforce the former. Mortals always feared death and some are defiant enough to cheat death with whatever means necessary. To prevent an imbalance between the living and the dead, Eulalia, through charisma and manipulation, gathered and trained 13 young girls to be the world's first witches with the 13th acolyte promoted to Supreme Sorceress.

Unfortunately, the Cult of Adjura was widely feared and unloved by many and no amount of diplomacy or seduction did by Eulalia could prevent the ostracization of Adjura's witches. Driven underground, the witches of the Hekaten Society had to conduct their research and worship in strict secrecy. Since only women can join, widows and orphaned girls are viewed with great suspicion by societies. Ironic, since the oppression by their communities will only drive the girls further into Adjura's embrace.

Currently, the Cult of Death exists far and wide thanks to Eulalia's pilgrimage yet it also transcended into myths and legends to scare young girls into obedience by their parents. To prevent a witch hunt, witches have to maintain their identities secret while candidates would have to go through trials that would last for months and years before being accepted into the Hekaten Society. Only the most diligent witches in mastery witchcraft could receive a blessing of Eulalia and be granted powers of Adjura. Only then would the most devout will walk the earth being one of the most power sorceresses that ever lived.
Current Leader: Supreme Sorceress Delias
Anything else: Adjura's witches are stereotyped as notorious for being one of two appearances: an ugly and repulsive woman in a wicked league of demons or a beautiful and attractive young woman whose wickedness is beyond a demon's. In reality, the Cult of Adjura is more isolationist in its dealings as they are internally focused on studying witchcraft and worshipping Adjura.

also, both discord links are expired.
Last edited by Union Princes on Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conterale
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Conterale » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:59 pm

GOD APP
Name: Yvrashr
Epiphet(s): The Bloodmouthed, The Protector of Roads
Domain(s): Sun and Travel
Personality: He is the embodiment of the sun. Unlike, say; Apollo, whom is the sun god, Yvrashr is literally the sun, and his personality is reflected by the sun. Sometimes he is pleasent, like a pleasant summer day, not too hot but not too cold, sometimes he is maniacal and cruel, like a scorching hot sun in a drought, and sometimes he is sleepy and tired, such as in the winter. He posesses the ability to be able to be in multiple places at once, although these versions of him act different at different points of the year. Sometimes, when he is in his "scorching" phase, he demands blood sacrifice. When his followers die, they enter a land where the sun always shines pleasantly, which cannot be harmed by him.

Appearance: He looks like a giant-sized human, wearing a simple cloth tunic and pants, however his head is a sun; as in it looks like the sun when you see it from earth, except with eyes, a head, and other facial features.

Equipment: A scimitar, which is extremely yellow, and it's temperature is based on his mood, when he's pleasant it will usually reach 100,000,000 degrees celcius, when scorching, it can reach up to 1,000,000,000 degrees, and when slumbering or sleepy, cools down to 150,000 degrees.
Anything else:
Schrödinger's Fascist

I do NOT use NS stats.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Conterale wrote:GOD APP
Name: Yvrashr
Epiphet(s): The Bloodmouthed, The Protector of Roads
Domain(s): Sun and Travel
Personality: He is the embodiment of the sun. Unlike, say; Apollo, whom is the sun god, Yvrashr is literally the sun, and his personality is reflected by the sun. Sometimes he is pleasent, like a pleasant summer day, not too hot but not too cold, sometimes he is maniacal and cruel, like a scorching hot sun in a drought, and sometimes he is sleepy and tired, such as in the winter. He posesses the ability to be able to be in multiple places at once, although these versions of him act different at different points of the year. Sometimes, when he is in his "scorching" phase, he demands blood sacrifice. When his followers die, they enter a land where the sun always shines pleasantly, which cannot be harmed by him.

Appearance: He looks like a giant-sized human, wearing a simple cloth tunic and pants, however his head is a sun; as in it looks like the sun when you see it from earth, except with eyes, a head, and other facial features.

Equipment: A scimitar, which is extremely yellow, and it's temperature is based on his mood, when he's pleasant it will usually reach 100,000,000 degrees celcius, when scorching, it can reach up to 1,000,000,000 degrees, and when slumbering or sleepy, cools down to 150,000 degrees.
Anything else:

We already had a Sun God (Gaash and his sun hoe)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse