NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Uploaded a time zone poll, so I can plan out my posts accordingly.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:18 pm

Imagine living near water.

This post made by the central time gang.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Ovesa wrote:It's a pretty niche set of domains that overlaps with other characters. Not that there's anything wrong with niche or overlapping domains, but it might limit your storytelling and interactions. Personally, I would choose a different domain, like Ice, Love, Gems, Metalworking, or Music. There's still plenty of options to choose from, and if you need help with anything, Bentus and I will be happy to help.

Trying to think... though I'm tempted to try to make Clockwork a domain, if that helps.

You could be a wider god of the forge/industry too! Thats pretty different from our existing stuff, and as your character grows and figures more out clockwork could become a cire domain he freates, even.
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:32 pm

The Hepthalites wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Trying to think... though I'm tempted to try to make Clockwork a domain, if that helps.

You could be a wider god of the forge/industry too! Thats pretty different from our existing stuff, and as your character grows and figures more out clockwork could become a cire domain he freates, even.

Isn't there already a god that has a domain similar to industry?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:38 pm

My ideas are getting buried so quickly. Did the OP see my secondary options?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:44 pm

Union Princes wrote:My ideas are getting buried so quickly. Did the OP see my secondary options?

Heya UP. Death a a domain probably won't work since it's already taken by the OP's char. They may let you play as a semi-divine if you'd like, but you might want to spitball some alternate domain.

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
The Hepthalites wrote:

Isn't there already a god that has a domain similar to industry?

There's Voion, the God of Prosperity, Commerce and Trade. He's RPd by Minskiev if you want to discuss any potential conflicts with them, though I'd think that industry and forge are pretty distinct from a more merchant/wealth focused deity!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:48 pm

double darn, not even an angel of death would work as a semi-divine? that's what I was going for anyways since the god of nonbelief is a no-go.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:50 pm

You know what? You can be an angel of death if you want. Go ahead.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Ovesa wrote:You know what? You can be an angel of death if you want. Go ahead.

Does that mean my angel of death would be your god's messenger like how Gabriel is to the Christian God?
Last edited by Union Princes on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:55 pm

Well, my god already has a messenger char, but I'm sure we can think of something else your char can be. Adurja already has
• A messenger
• Someone to judge souls
• A ferryman
• Some angel-type species

Maybe you can be leader of the Aureolas (angels)?
Last edited by Ovesa on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Ovesa wrote:You know what? You can be an angel of death if you want. Go ahead.

Does that mean my angel of death would be your god's messenger like how Gabriel is to the Christian God?

Probably not since Ovesa already has that covered. You'll probably be more of a servant or "right hand man".

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Bentus wrote:There's Voion, the God of Prosperity, Commerce and Trade. He's RPd by Minskiev if you want to discuss any potential conflicts with them, though I'd think that industry and forge are pretty distinct from a more merchant/wealth focused deity!

Voion is more of a god that's focused on finance and wealth. Though the domain of Progress apparently overlaps a bit with Prosperity.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Voion is more of a god that's focused on finance and wealth. Though the domain of Progress apparently overlaps a bit with Prosperity.

Hm, it would definitely depend on the interpretation since they're certainly similar. I could see Progress being more inline with Change, which can often be destructive and violent, whereas Prosperity could at times be static if the times are already good. For instance, if you're always prosperous then there's less incentive for innovation and novel creations, whereas a bit of struggle encourages progress that could (maybe only in the short and medium term) lead to a reduction in prosperity? Though if it is an issue, do you think there's anything else you could switch it out with? Maybe mining? Or - if Miniskev's willing - you guys could talk about Voion switching Prosperity w/ Wealth and then allowing your char to take Progress?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Ovesa wrote:Well, my god already has a messenger char, but I'm sure we can think of something else your char can be. Adurja already has
• A messenger
• Someone to judge souls
• A ferryman
• Some angel-type species

Maybe you can be leader of the Aureolas (angels)?

That's an interesting opportunity, your god is creating a bureaucracy for the afterlife. I suppose I'll consider it.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:15 pm

I’d be fine if I had a god of industry. They make the goods, I sell them.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Bentus wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Voion is more of a god that's focused on finance and wealth. Though the domain of Progress apparently overlaps a bit with Prosperity.

Hm, it would definitely depend on the interpretation since they're certainly similar. I could see Progress being more inline with Change, which can often be destructive and violent, whereas Prosperity could at times be static if the times are already good. For instance, if you're always prosperous then there's less incentive for innovation and novel creations, whereas a bit of struggle encourages progress that could (maybe only in the short and medium term) lead to a reduction in prosperity? Though if it is an issue, do you think there's anything else you could switch it out with? Maybe mining? Or - if Miniskev's willing - you guys could talk about Voion switching Prosperity w/ Wealth and then allowing your char to take Progress?

Innovation is bit too similar to Voion's and I think Telsa's domain. I can just remove that, but keep in progress, since it can still be linked to the clockwork motif.

RPs I do

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 pm

WIP

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Eulalia
Deity: Adjura
Epiphet(s): The Mouth of Adjura, Adjura's Mask
Personality: Warm and welcoming, Eulalia is very approachable to mortals. She is easily intrigued by their way of life and given her human appearance, the angel is usually called upon by curious individuals for advice or comfort being transported to the afterlife.
Appearance:

Background: (why were they created?)
Equipment: Halo of pure silver, a set of body armor forged out of a heavenly metal found inside a fallen star.
Anything else:

Alright, since I've decided to take up on that offer, I guess we can figure out how and why my character was created and her purpose in the underworld bureaucracy
Last edited by Union Princes on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:49 pm

GOD APP
Name: Crescita
Epiphet(s): The Clockmaster, Golem of Metal, The Waterwalker,
Domain(s): Growth, Man-Made Creation, Industry, Clockwork
Personality: Crescita is often the ambitious type, however he has an obsession for passion and attention to detail. He isn't a malicious god, though he will allow inventions or items of death or destruction to be created, though he will still intervene if things go too far. He possesses some emotion, though he doesn't really show any to those who embrace or worship him. Even if he lets those who see him as a god create a temple for him, he will become focused on other things that he sees as importance.
Appearance: Originally, he was a humanoid figure that was made entirely out of stone, carved with small symbols and glyphs. Currently, he is a glass humanoid figure, who is made to resemble a hollow homo sapien (or a human for short). His body is filled with pipes and stone-made mechanisms that sends water throughout his body, acting as blood in a circulatory system with a tiny wooden water wheel acting as a heart.
Equipment: A random assortment of metal and stone scraps that have been made to resemble multiple shapes, a toolbox of an ancient assortment of tools, a glowing clock gear.
Anything else: Crescita's appearance is meant to change throughout his presence to reflect on the overall technology range that's current IC. He does have some powers that he uses to help influence species that are able to create or function as a society as a whole. He would pick someone within a species that is suitable to bring about change that is necessary for the advancement of progress and growth (pretty much hence some of his domains), and usually either appear directly towards mortals in visions or physically to have them bring about new creations that would change things for the better or worse. However, Crescita would mostly subminally add an idea to one's mind, though he will use the former two if he needs to intervene.

I edited the domains around, so that Crescita has a bit of Hephaestus vibes.

RPs I do

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:02 am

In the time zone +1 that is to say continental Europe.
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:41 am

Hey, I fogrgot to ask this sooner, but what happened with Orostan?
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:34 am

utc+07:00: Krasnoyarsk Time, Indochina time, West Indonesia Time

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:41 am

Ovesa wrote:Uploaded a time zone poll, so I can plan out my posts accordingly.

Philippine Standard Time
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:00 am

Bangladesh standard time (GMT +6)

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:08 am

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Bahamut
Deity: Musashi
Epiphet(s): the great dragon, dragon god Bahamut, Bahamut the wise, first of the dragons.
Personality: powerful, old, wise
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... j&usqp=CAU
Background: to worship Musashi, Bahamut is the first of the dragon race
Equipment: just the armour you can see him wearing
Anything else: he can be easily turned into an evil and rampant monster
Last edited by Somerania on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:41 am

Somerania wrote:SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name: Bahamut
Deity: Musashi
Epiphet(s): the great dragon, dragon god Bahamut, Bahamut the wise, first of the dragons.
Personality: powerful, old, wise
Appearance: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... j&usqp=CAU
Background: to worship Musashi, Bahamut is the first of the dragon race
Equipment: just the armour you can see him wearing
Anything else: he can be easily turned into an evil and rampant monster

dragons are partly snakes (that's the equivalent of being able to influence them)
If you want to tell me otherwise, argue civilly with me
Last edited by Big Carencia on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse