NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 am

The Hepthalites wrote:Unrelated to the below app: do we have a god of music yet? Its funny to think of a bunch of people living in a city just hanging out in silence lol

Not going to create this guy until my boi rests up and meets some more gods, but getting it out of the way while I have some time:

SPECIES APP
Name: Hydra
Deity: Abraxes (although would be happy to RP a split with Aprohis)
Sentient: No

Appearance:

Abraxes' Hydra looks like the classical hydra from mythology and lore. There is a great deal of variation between the beasts, as Abraxes only creates one or two at a time and tailors their appearances for the purpose at hand. In general, though, they have four legs, range upwards from the size of an elephant to potentially larger, and have a generally serpentine countenance. Older and more battleworn hydras may have multiple heads.

Variations of the Hydra's appearance could include scales, spines, chitin, oir chunks of hardened bone on their skin. Coloration can also vary.

Physiology/Abilities:

The Hydra's primary feature is its metabolism. Everything else that Abraxes has designed for it-- its ability to regenerate heads, tendency to rampage, and draconic appearance, is really just marketing.

The Hydra's unique metabolism means that in warms climates and in water, it grows slower, docile, and more apathetic. Its metabolism and body functions slow, meaning it does not need to eat as much and therefore barely hunts. However, when directed by or placed by Abraxes to a cold or inland realm, the Hydra's metabolism speeds up exponentially, meaning that it is angry, fast, and above all else, very HUNGRY. These factors mean that the Hydra has a tendency to rampage in colder or more inland areas. Upon direction from Abraxes, the creatures, after wreaking havoc in colder climes, will head back to their swamp or bayou and become docile.

Background:

Abraxes has created the Hydra not as a guardian of his temples or as a beast of burden, but rather as another one of his elaborate schemes to ensnare mortals into apathy and contented satisfaction. In the Hydra's cold-induced metabolistic state, it is a menace to society. If Abraxes directs it towards civilized lands, he hopes that the chaos it sows will cause it to be named a legendary creature in that area.

Once the creature has been entered into the local annals as a terrifying beast, a mighty hero or band of adventurers will then set out to slay it. Upon tracking the Hydra to its lair, they will almost always succeed in slaying the beast that is now in a metabolism-induced stupor. This will ensure that the heeoes will be celebrated upon return, and hopefully Abraxes will be able to harness the contentment of a powerfup and mighty soul that now has their every whim catered to by a grateful society.

Anything else: In short, the Hydra is a creature that is designed to be very fearsome in unfamiliar climates but be very easy to kill in its lair. Abraxes' hope is that heroes who will almost always succeed in slaying a beast that has been built up to be so terrifying will settle into a life of luxury when they are lauded in their home community.

Me and my bruhs just debatin' and defeating eachother w/ Fax and Logic.

But, besides that, Music is complicated. Maybe that sphere'd be a subsphere between moi (Telsa) and the more science-oriented gods. (because Music Theory and stuff)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:41 am

Minskiev wrote:Well when I say things like city, it’s all relative. You may think of a city as some vast, technological cluster of people and buildings. Back in the Ancient Greek era, the tallest building was like a temple, or maybe four stories. So, despite my modern terms, please remember this is still similar to the Ancient Greek era in terms of technology. Cruise ship? Raft I guide. Factory? Just a building where stuff is made. No machinery. Defended from natural disasters? I prevent them, not the city. I shall slow down my technology advancements however.

I'm thinking Rome when I think "city." Humanity's still at the basics, so I feel like it'd pretty-much be Stone Age or some other primitive time (like Bronze, Iron and etc), plus, I'm using Greek aesthetic (somewhat)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Big Carencia
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:50 am

The Hepthalites wrote:Unrelated to the below app: do we have a god of music yet? Its funny to think of a bunch of people living in a city just hanging out in silence lol

Not going to create this guy until my boi rests up and meets some more gods, but getting it out of the way while I have some time:

SPECIES APP
Name: Hydra
Deity: Abraxes (although would be happy to RP a split with Aprohis)
Sentient: No

Appearance:

Abraxes' Hydra looks like the classical hydra from mythology and lore. There is a great deal of variation between the beasts, as Abraxes only creates one or two at a time and tailors their appearances for the purpose at hand. In general, though, they have four legs, range upwards from the size of an elephant to potentially larger, and have a generally serpentine countenance. Older and more battleworn hydras may have multiple heads.

Variations of the Hydra's appearance could include scales, spines, chitin, oir chunks of hardened bone on their skin. Coloration can also vary.

Physiology/Abilities:

The Hydra's primary feature is its metabolism. Everything else that Abraxes has designed for it-- its ability to regenerate heads, tendency to rampage, and draconic appearance, is really just marketing.

The Hydra's unique metabolism means that in warms climates and in water, it grows slower, docile, and more apathetic. Its metabolism and body functions slow, meaning it does not need to eat as much and therefore barely hunts. However, when directed by or placed by Abraxes to a cold or inland realm, the Hydra's metabolism speeds up exponentially, meaning that it is angry, fast, and above all else, very HUNGRY. These factors mean that the Hydra has a tendency to rampage in colder or more inland areas. Upon direction from Abraxes, the creatures, after wreaking havoc in colder climes, will head back to their swamp or bayou and become docile.

Background:

Abraxes has created the Hydra not as a guardian of his temples or as a beast of burden, but rather as another one of his elaborate schemes to ensnare mortals into apathy and contented satisfaction. In the Hydra's cold-induced metabolistic state, it is a menace to society. If Abraxes directs it towards civilized lands, he hopes that the chaos it sows will cause it to be named a legendary creature in that area.

Once the creature has been entered into the local annals as a terrifying beast, a mighty hero or band of adventurers will then set out to slay it. Upon tracking the Hydra to its lair, they will almost always succeed in slaying the beast that is now in a metabolism-induced stupor. This will ensure that the heeoes will be celebrated upon return, and hopefully Abraxes will be able to harness the contentment of a powerfup and mighty soul that now has their every whim catered to by a grateful society.

Anything else: In short, the Hydra is a creature that is designed to be very fearsome in unfamiliar climates but be very easy to kill in its lair. Abraxes' hope is that heroes who will almost always succeed in slaying a beast that has been built up to be so terrifying will settle into a life of luxury when they are lauded in their home community.

if you want me to create some hydras. I have no problem doing it because I am the god of snakes. (Don't forget that I am also the god of deception) But anyway, if you want a monster that kills people, I can create it for you. Don't forget even if you are the creator. Being a snake, I can always influence the beast. It's a warning, so don't complain if you accept
RP in which I participate:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486045 Playing as the Australian Federation
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=485294 Playing as the Kingdom of Big Carencia
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486822 Playing as Aprohis , God of Deception and Snakes
Everything I say here does not represent my actual views.
``Do what I do and don't get involved in politic´´ -Francisco Franco
what I believe (although nobody understands it because it is in Spanish)

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:57 am

This is a serious warning, in case someone occurs to create a dragon, or beast derived with a snake, I can influence it. (Unless the OP says no) I also warn that influencing is not controlling I can only incite her to do things that she would not normally do.

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:24 am

Big Carencia wrote:This is a serious warning, in case someone occurs to create a dragon, or beast derived with a snake, I can influence it. (Unless the OP says no) I also warn that influencing is not controlling I can only incite her to do things that she would not normally do.

I was more looking for a chance to RP some relationships between the gods! My boi's style is to work with other gods as much as possible. We'll see where we're at IC when I create it! Won't be for a bit I think.
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:31 am

The Hepthalites wrote:
Big Carencia wrote:This is a serious warning, in case someone occurs to create a dragon, or beast derived with a snake, I can influence it. (Unless the OP says no) I also warn that influencing is not controlling I can only incite her to do things that she would not normally do.

I was more looking for a chance to RP some relationships between the gods! My boi's style is to work with other gods as much as possible. We'll see where we're at IC when I create it! Won't be for a bit I think.

Okay, let me know when you want your hydra.

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 am

Just spitballin here, but it could be cool down the line for storytelling purposes to make the Divine Council frown on like, direct intervention in the mortal realm as it becomes more developed, and instead have to rely on servitors/worshippers. Gods could still ignore the taboo if they wanted, and probably the more hands on gods would want to do so regularly, but it would be something to gossip about. That way, we could directly influence the Soup and our realms in it but have to impact the mortal realm through angels/Brains/djinn/cultists, etc. Could give kind of a mythological feel to it. What do you guys think?

Also, great IC post, Bentus. I think the intial creations stuff is going to be pretty cool when looked at from the POV of mortals. I might try and draft something similar with it as inspo.

Defund the police

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 am

SPECIES APP
Name: Homo Piscis (Zora)
Deity: Hae
Type: Mortal
Appearance:

Physiology/Abilities:
Zora are normally found in Oceans, and river deltas. Zora live in the Zora's Domain, a large Abyssal plain at the bottom of an undersea chasm that contains most of the population. Zora, however, do not solely live in salt water, but can also thrive in fresh water, . Zoras unfortunately could not last long on dry land even though they could breathe air, their skins quickly dry up and they could die from dehydration if they don’t hydrate their skins frequently going out of the water

Most individuals (but not all) have fins attached to their limbs and a tail at the back of their head, making their head alone resemble a fish. However, Zora also come in various shapes and sizes, with some lacking the head fin and others, having a rotund appearance. Some Zora possess fins that greatly resemble the folds of clothing. Their skin color ranges between white, blue and gray, but few have also appeared bright red or brown as a seemingly rarer variant.Zora lay eggs which hatch into tadpole-like young.

They could be classified within traditional animal classes at a middle point between Amphibians and Monotremes. Their Eggs hatch one to three days after they are laid, provided that the water they lie in is of a proper temperature, and that the Eggs that were laid at the same time are together. Zora, are known to have long lifespans, some live over 130 years old while still looking young.

Zora children age in such a way where even as young adults they can still appear to be children before reaching a growth spurt.As Zora age, they hold themselves to higher standards of speaking as a matter of pride. Zora have a strong sense of duty for history and order. Because they do not travel far from sources of water and are protective of their domain, they have limited interaction with other races. Zora primarily subsist on fish and other marine life, and many are skilled fishers, but they also eat the surrounding seaweed and could consume plankton during desperate times.

Background: The zoras were made by Hae from a piece of scale from his mouth, one of the more powerful parts of the god, capable of creating sentient life. The scale was mixed in with a school of fish Hae picked up, and using his incantations. He created the first school of Zoras, with whom he directed to the ocean temple, which they renamed as Zora’s domain.
Anything else: N/A

I’m doing the species app first to get approval from the mods, if one of these gets accepted i’ll include the creation of them on my IC post which i will do tomorrow.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:59 am

The Hepthalites wrote:Just spitballin here, but it could be cool down the line for storytelling purposes to make the Divine Council frown on like, direct intervention in the mortal realm as it becomes more developed, and instead have to rely on servitors/worshippers. Gods could still ignore the taboo if they wanted, and probably the more hands on gods would want to do so regularly, but it would be something to gossip about. That way, we could directly influence the Soup and our realms in it but have to impact the mortal realm through angels/Brains/djinn/cultists, etc. Could give kind of a mythological feel to it. What do you guys think?

Also, great IC post, Bentus. I think the intial creations stuff is going to be pretty cool when looked at from the POV of mortals. I might try and draft something similar with it as inspo.

I kinda don't want that to happen, Telsa doesn't work like that. The Athens thing just gave her something to do besides her normal schtick of deep thought and idling.

Imma just build-up Athens, keep interacting w/ the Humans, and do my own thing.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:01 am

It doesn't work, b/c Telsa's not one to use intermediates like angels or whatever. Human-wise, she's like Loki from the Avengers but way more benevolent and progressive.

She's just pretty-deep into Free Will and stuff like that and not being blindly worshipped by zombies/sheep.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:37 am

Bentus wrote:
Wiland Noria wrote:Hm, well, Nymora seems, at least to me, slightly forgetful, and she also seems to be more flambouyant than Jael would be. Jael would be the sort of person to hunt down someone who insulted her 2 years ago, and she, to be honest, doesn't really care about anything except getting revenge.

Makes sense! Would you say Jael might be less of an outright 'war' deity in that case an more focused on something like 'the hunt'? That could be inclusive of hunting both animals, predator and prey, as well as assassins and the like. Would highlight the distinction where Nymora tends to be flashier and likes drawing attention to herself, whereas Jael bides her time and gets away with her actions?

Yeah, that's pretty much what she'd be like.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:14 am

Could I create a SEMI-DIVINE APP?
For the Adangui civilization I want to create a king who supports my interests among them. Now that the Adanguis do not have an established social order. So I will govern them indirectly with a SEMIDIVINE being
(I have the civilization application almost done, but I need to know if I can place a SEMI-DIVINE APP as ruler) (if not, I will modify it)

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:40 am

CIV APP
Name: French Australian Republic
Government Type: Federal Parlaimentary Republic
Ruler: Prime Minister Jean DuPrance
Patron God(s): Teiwaz, Hitomi
Species: Homo Habilis
Culture: ?
Brief History: Alternate history where Australia was colonised by the French
Anything else: n/a
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:52 am

CIV APP
Name: The Holy Corporate Empire of Voion
Government Type: Republic
Ruler: Voion
Patron God(s): Voion
Species: Homo Sapiens
Culture: Voian
Brief History: Voian Civil War
Anything else: no

SPECIES APP
Name: Homo Sapiens
Deity: Voion, primarily.
Type: Mortal
Appearance: Humanoid, just like Voion, however different hair, clothes, eyes, skin, etc.
Physiology/Abilities: Tool use, sweating, high intelligence
Background: For civilization
Anything else: Not really.
Last edited by Minskiev on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:20 am

Pearl River, your species is accepted.
Minskiev, Homo Sapiens have already been accepted, no worries. Your Empire is also accepted.
Big Carencia, I'll have to think about your semi divine question some more before I make a final answer.
French Australia...I think you severely misunderstood what the world of this RP is like.
The Hepthalites wrote:-snip-

That could lead to some interesting plots down the line. I don't know what others think of it, but I'd be happy to introduce that later down the line.
Last edited by Ovesa on Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Carencia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Carencia » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:22 am

Ovesa wrote:Pearl River, your species is accepted.
Minskiev, Homo Sapiens have already been accepted, no worries.
Big Carencia, I'll have to think about your semi divine question some more before I make a final answer.
French Australia...I think you severely misunderstood what the world of this RP is like.

That could lead to some interesting plots down the line. I don't know what others think of it, but I'd be happy to introduce that later down the line.

Okay, I'll wait. while I will come up with other questions (lol australia french)

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:40 am

Ovesa wrote:Pearl River, your species is accepted.
Minskiev, Homo Sapiens have already been accepted, no worries. Your Empire is also accepted.

how so?
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:45 am

There are no IRL continents or nations in this RP, even though some nations were written with inspiration from IRL cultures. Also, we are currently in the Bronze Age. What made you think that French-occupied Australia would fit into this world?

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:46 am

Ovesa wrote:There are no IRL continents or nations in this RP, even though some nations were written with inspiration from IRL cultures. Also, we are currently in the Bronze Age. What made you think that French-occupied Australia would fit into this world?

Because they invented a time machine and it brought them back into this world :rofl:

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:47 am

...your application is denied.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

French Australia is big Stoopid!

Postby Somerania » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:48 am

French Australia is big Stoopid!

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 am

Ovesa wrote:...your application is denied.

Okay. Fair. Will create something else then

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 am

Somerania wrote:French Australia is big Stoopid!

Harsh bro, harsh. Leaving this topic now.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:51 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:

Get the frick out then

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:52 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:

I'm sure you could make a civ that fits the RP if you wanted to! There's already a fair bit of worldbuilding to draw upon, and a few people have made races already.

Defund the police

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse