NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:13 pm

Ovesa wrote:UPDATE: You do not need to make apply for mundane creatures that already exist IRL. However, please don't make too many all at once. Try and be reasonable.

So we don't need applications to make already existing but implement them a few at a time to our realms

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Somerania wrote:
Ovesa wrote:UPDATE: You do not need to make apply for mundane creatures that already exist IRL. However, please don't make too many all at once. Try and be reasonable.

So we don't need applications to make already existing but implement them a few at a time to our realms

Exactly :)

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ceystile » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm done with my homework for the week so I should be able to post today.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Posted. I have done my best to clearly describe what is happening. The Amko are set on colonizing the universe and are moving their entire species in. You guys can stop the expansion of their zone of space and probably will want to because the Amko aren't exactly going to be friendly to you. Amkus, their god, is currently perceptible to the 'gods' as a mental bond and collective between the Amko focusing the species on their goal. It would probably be recognizable as a god in the process of forming to you.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 pm

I said no Dyson spheres at this point in time. There's also not much of a universe to conquer yet. Also, where did these space stations come from? You never brought this up before...
Last edited by Ovesa on Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:55 pm

Ovesa wrote:I said no Dyson spheres at this point in time. There's also not much of a universe to conquer yet. Also, where did these space stations come from? You never brought this up before...

Apparently the amku already have Dyson spheres after existing for 2 days

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Ovesa wrote:I said no Dyson spheres at this point in time. There's also not much of a universe to conquer yet. Also, where did these space stations come from? You never brought this up before...

These guys are a remnant form the old universe, i thought we agreed on that.

Somerania wrote:

Apparently the amku already have Dyson spheres after existing for 2 days

That doesn't make them more powerful than you. They don't have a real god or anything like that yet even.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:00 pm

While the amko are a remnant of the past universe, that past universe did not have space stations and Dyson spheres. Before you tell me that they aren't powerful yet, think about a fledgling pseudo-medieval world in the making and a handful of worn-out smaller deities trying to keep everything afloat going against an advanced hive-mind civilization with space stations and Dyson spheres. I'm all about the rule of cool and allowing creative freedoms, but this has gone too far.
Last edited by Ovesa on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:07 pm

Ovesa wrote:While the amko are a remnant of the past universe, that past universe did not have space stations and Dyson spheres. Before you tell me that they aren't powerful yet, think about a fledgling pseudo-medieval world in the making and a handful of worn-out smaller deities trying to keep everything afloat going against an advanced hive-mind civilization with space stations and Dyson spheres. I'm all about the rule of cool and allowing creative freedoms, but this has gone too far.

You are gods, my civilization is no more powerful than one or two of you if you know what you're doing.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Finished the app, though some of the domains overlap a bit with already-accepted apps (Teiwaz in particular). I think I've made her distinct enough for it not to be a problem, but let me know if you think otherwise.

Bentus wrote:GOD APP
Name: Nymora
Epiphet(s): The Bloodied One, The Inflamed One, Love and War
Domain(s): Fire, Slaughter, and Passion
Personality: A mischievous and greedy creature, Nymora is an alluring figure in the minds of mortals. She is worshiped by warriors and passionate lovers alike, with her followers being those who have given in to the desires of their hearts. But by the same token, she counts herself as a favoured deity for murderers and bandits as well. Nymora herself embodies her domains through her own whimsical nature. Compared to the plans and strategies of her brethren, her actions can appear more impulsive and destructive, with the devastation she leaves in her wake often a goal in itself. She sees violence and brutality as the true nature of the mortal races, and even of gods themselves. She believes that ultimately everything will consume itself in the fires of conflict, killing and murdering until only the nothingness of the void remains once more. This leads to her to being a fickle deity, even with the lives of her own followers. Her favour can be hard to keep, but to many the rewards and bounties that she offers makes it worth the risk.

Appearance: Image

Equipment: (Might add something later with permission, but can't think of anything in particular off the top of my head)
Anything else: Something of an antithesis to Teiwaz, Nymora represents war and conflict run rampant. She is what happens when the Greatest Warrior loses control in the heat of battle, when rationality and restraint give way to the flames of destruction. Nymora often relishes in meddling in the affairs of the other war god, corrupting his soldiers and twisting his noble warriors into heinous butchers. She's amused by the seriousness with which he takes war, as if the death and suffering were things to avoid rather than revel in.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:01 pm

Nymora is accepted!

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:32 pm

Nice post, Minskiev! Just to clarify, are Homo Habilis and Homo Erectus still going to be active species? Or were they just prototypes?

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:44 pm

GOD APP
Name: Jael
Epiphet(s): Uh, I don't know what this means, so can you tell me?
Domain(s): I'm assuming this means what she rules over so: Fury, Vengeance, War, Fire
Personality: Get's angry easily, it's hard for her to forgive others, She likes to cause chaos
Appearance: Pale skin, dark red hair in a long braid, wings made of fire, burnt orange sleeveless dress
Equipment: (optional) A spear
Anything else: None

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Wiland Noria wrote:GOD APP
Domain(s): I'm assuming this means what she rules over so: Fury, Vengeance, War, Fire
Personality: Get's angry easily, it's hard for her to forgive others, She likes to cause chaos
Appearance: Pale skin, dark red hair in a long braid, wings made of fire, burnt orange sleeveless dress

Sorry, but most of those domains have already been taken.

As for your question, an epiphet is like a title, or something you use in place of a characters name. Try looking at other apps as an example
Last edited by Ovesa on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Ovesa wrote:

Sorry, but most of those domains have already been taken.

As for your question, an epiphet is like a title, or something you use in place of a characters name. Try looking at other apps as an example

Okay then, just fury and vengeance, since those seem to be the only domains I wrote down left. And for the title, I guess something like... 'Soul of Rage'? Sorry, I'm not very creative today.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Wiland Noria wrote:

Okay then, just fury and vengeance, since those seem to be the only domains I wrote down left. And for the title, I guess something like... 'Soul of Rage'? Sorry, I'm not very creative today.

Just to check, any thoughts on how Jael could by distinct from Nymora (app just a bit above)? Personality's a bit different but figured it's worth discussing how they might fill different niches since there may be a bit over overlap.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:42 pm

Bentus wrote:
Wiland Noria wrote:Okay then, just fury and vengeance, since those seem to be the only domains I wrote down left. And for the title, I guess something like... 'Soul of Rage'? Sorry, I'm not very creative today.

Just to check, any thoughts on how Jael could by distinct from Nymora (app just a bit above)? Personality's a bit different but figured it's worth discussing how they might fill different niches since there may be a bit over overlap.

Hm, well, Nymora seems, at least to me, slightly forgetful, and she also seems to be more flambouyant than Jael would be. Jael would be the sort of person to hunt down someone who insulted her 2 years ago, and she, to be honest, doesn't really care about anything except getting revenge.
Last edited by Wiland Noria on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Hey, did I get accepted? My app was Telsa.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:49 pm

Hypercapital wrote:Hey, did I get accepted? My app was Telsa.

I think so and now the god of trade wants you to plan a city

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Yeah! You're in the accepted list on the first page B-)
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:30 pm

The Hepthalites wrote:

Yeah! You're in the accepted list on the first page B-)

mk
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Wiland Noria wrote:Hm, well, Nymora seems, at least to me, slightly forgetful, and she also seems to be more flambouyant than Jael would be. Jael would be the sort of person to hunt down someone who insulted her 2 years ago, and she, to be honest, doesn't really care about anything except getting revenge.

Makes sense! Would you say Jael might be less of an outright 'war' deity in that case an more focused on something like 'the hunt'? That could be inclusive of hunting both animals, predator and prey, as well as assassins and the like. Would highlight the distinction where Nymora tends to be flashier and likes drawing attention to herself, whereas Jael bides her time and gets away with her actions?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Please, please keep OOC chat in the OOC thread. Also, like I said before, please aim for a two paragraph minimum in your posts.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Ovesa wrote:Please, please keep OOC chat in the OOC thread. Also, like I said before, please aim for a two paragraph minimum in your posts.

Ok

Why 70%?
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:14 pm

GOD APP
Name: Algol
Epiphet(s): Malevolent One, King of Lies, Master of Corruption, The Unmaker
Domain(s): Corruption and Destruction
Personality: A cunning and mostly calm and collected entity, but when provoked, Algol is an unforgiving mass of rage. He has a very persuasive seductiveness to him, with very few having been able to resist his temptations and the euphoria he promises those he may try to corrupt. As well as this, he is very good at hiding his activities and goals from others, though some have their suspicions about his end goals. Behind his demeanor and draw is an inner will to see all that is not of his domain torn down and destroyed, and his lordship over the trait of Corruption assists him greatly with it, as those who he has taken under his influence accomplish this for him. A malevolent deity overall, perhaps with one of the more dangerous personalities of any Godly being.
Appearance:

Equipment: The divine Homo Deus species at his disposal (analogous to demons), The Sword of Malevolence: Wounds received from this sword slowly corrupt a being into doing evil to those around them, and the more wounds inflicted upon a being, the faster the corruption takes root. The corrupting influence can be ousted only by a God who can generally be considered "good" when it comes to matters of morality.
Anything else: Algol cannot corrupt other gods into doing his bidding unless that God fully submits themselves and their devotion to his cause. His Lies are powerful and can permeate the mind of any being, however, Gods will be affected to a much less significant degree than semi or sub-divine beings. As far as the origins of Algol, he was once a human mortal who attained deity status sometime before the destruction of the Old Gods, and in fact may have had a role to play in their destruction. He has little recollection of the specific events that played out. He is indeed planning something with this new universe, but only he knows what that plan is, for now...

SPECIES APP
Name: Homo Deus
Deity: They are the chosen servants of Algol
Sentient: Yes and No, all Homo Deus exist to serve Algol, as their souls belong to him. They have free will to do anything that does not break their pact with Algol.
Appearance:

Physiology/Abilities: Their non-shifted form is a semi-tangible humanoid form. There are two varieties of Homo Deus. The Spiritual variety can take the tangible form of any sentient species, and have Algol's powers of lying and corruption to a lesser degree. The Soldier variety exist to defend Algol's realm from unwelcome trespassers, and are formidable combatants, wielding divine weapons gifted to them by Algol himself.
Background: They make up the armies of Algol and serve him. They also help to corrupt the sentient species of the universe and polarize those who will serve against those who won't.
Anything else: Individuals belonging to other sentient species can be turned into Homo Deus if they willfully submit themselves to Algol without any corruption on his part, and they must also pass grueling trials created by Algol to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Last edited by Mercatus on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse