NATION

PASSWORD

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

What is your Timezone?

Pacific
15%
Mountain
No votes
Central
26%
Eastern
32%
Other (specify in comments)
26%

Total votes : 34

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Ascension (Sandbox/OOC/Open)

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:18 pm

IC|Discord

OP: Ovesa | Co-OP: Bentus

The old gods are dead. After a brutal and tumultuous conflict, their fighting irreversibly destroyed themselves and everything in their realm, leaving behind a chaotic, primordial soup, a perfect blank slate from which a new universe can be shaped.

How will you shape this world? Will you bring forth an age of stability and prosperity, creating new worlds and creatures with good intention? Or will you embrace the chaos and mold this world into something darker?

Welcome to Ascension! This is a sandbox RP where you can be a god (or goddess, or a lesser divine being). You can create pocket dimensions, creatures, sentient species and more! The only limit is your imagination (and the rulebook). The sky's the limit!

RULES
Your Character may be a God, but they're not omnipotent. Try and be reasonable with what you can and can't do.
Please be polite and respectful to others.
No one liners, they just clog up the IC. Try and aim for at least two paragraphs.
If you're going to be inactive for more than a few days, please try and let me know beforehand.
If you are inactive for more than two weeks without letting anyone know beforehand, your character will be deleted.
Although I am giving you creative freedom, my ruling is final.
No gods of space and time, these are separate entities entirely.
Try not to take too many domains, especially if it's a lot of broader ones assigned to one character.
Don't be that guy.
Have fun :)

AMR= After the creation of the Mortal Realm. This is the general timeframe we're using in universe. Important events and dates will be recorded here. We are currently at 1000 AMR.
0 AMR: The creation of the Mortal Realm, and the formation of the Godly Council.
5 AMR: Plants can be found on basically all the continents. A handful of animals exist, along with some sea life. The Blameless Bayou now exists.
7 AMR: Creation of the first humans, Homo sapiens, the most populous of the Mortal races.
~230 AMR: Founding of Voia.
~270 AMR: Founding of Athens.
~310 AMR: Tribes begin forming in Sparta.
~335 AMR: First Crystalline villages.
~350 AMR: Creation of Hitomi's islands.
~400 AMR: First city state appears in Sparta.
678 - 685 AMR: Voion civil war.
700 AMR: Formation of the Magec Confederation.
After the Old gods killed themselves and their universe in a brutal conflict which destroyed everything, bunch of gods spontaneously popped out of some primordial soup. After finding their way to a makeshift beacon island, a bunch of gods combined their energy to create the Mortal Realm. They also formed a godly council, to help peacefully resolve conflicts between deities.

Some time goes by, civilizations pop up, and the gods form their realms. At 1000 AMR, Adurja hosted a godly meeting where the gods decided their three chief deities.
Gods are the physical manifestation of the universe's aspects, from something as tangible as rocks to something as intangible as philosophy. Ultimately, despite their many abilities, Gods are below the universe, not the other way around.
The universe does NOT abide by the laws of the real universe. Aside from the mortal realm, there's no real rhyme or reason to how the universe is structured. Most of it is still primordial soup.

Gods can have their own miniature realms they can shape to their liking. They can be discs, floating islands, or a pocket dimension outside of the regular confines of space.
The universe before this one. Most don't remember it, and those who only remember fragments. It got torn apart in a brutal conflict between the Old Gods. There's nothing left of it, aside from a few fragmented memories.
Created by the creator gods of the current pantheon after the Mortal Realm's creation, its purpose is to provide a neutral third party to peacefully resolve godly conflicts. Its members are the gods Abraxes, Adurja, Aprohis, Ausra, Gaash, Hae, Hebaina, Hitomi, Musashi, Socor, Tesla, Teiwaz, Voion, and Yaerud.

Code: Select all
GOD APP
Name:
Epiphet(s):
Domain(s):
Personality:
Appearance:
Equipment: (optional)
Anything else:

SEMI-DIVINE APP
Name:
Deity: (if applicable)
Epiphet(s): (If applicable)
Personality:
Appearance:
Background: (why were they created?)
Equipment:
Anything else:

SPECIES APP
Name:
Deity: (if applicable) (species don't have to serve a deity)
Type: (Mortal = sentient beings who can make their own choices. Servant = Less numerous, but they serve you and they can have a couple of abilities. Monstrous = Usually only one (or a handful of) powerful creature(s). General is just an average creature: You typically don't need to app for these ones, but you can.)
Appearance:
Physiology/Abilities:
Background: (why do they exist?)
Anything else:

CIV APP
Name:
Government Type:
Ruler:
Patron God(s):
Species:
Culture:
Brief History:
Anything else:

Organization App
Name:
Type:
Rules:
History:
Current Leader:
Anything else:

GOD APP
Name: Adurja
Epiphet(s): The Dark Goddess, She Who Remembers, Queen of the Dead
Domain(s): The Dead, memories, witchcraft
Personality: Quiet and reclusive, she would rather observe from a distance than get involved, although there are exceptions. She can come across as cold or distant.
Appearance: Humanoid in shape. A thin, skeletal frame covered in grey-purple skin and long, flowing black robes. Four pure-black eyes with no iris or pupils, framed by long white hair. Long, spindly fingers tipped with claw-like nails.
Equiptment: A large, dark wooden staff, with a jagged purple crystal situated at the top.
Anything else: A fragment of a long dead deity, Adurja remembers only fragments of the world before. Although her realm is currently empty, she controls what will eventually become one of many afterlifes.

ACCEPTED APPS

Last edited by Ovesa on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 89 times in total.

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 pm

GOD APP
Name: Voion, God of Prosperity, Commerce, and Trade
Epiphet(s): Voion the Magnificent, The CEO, Mr. Moneybags
Domain(s): Commerce, Prosperity, Trade
Personality: Intelligent, clever, humorous, fun, knows how to make money
Appearance: Business suit, black shades, classic cut. Professional as hell. Humanoid, white, clear skin. Well-sculpted. Basically like the classic American movie guy.
Props to those who know where the picture is from.
Equipment: Firearm, briefcase loaded with money. However, he does have lots more weapons.
Anything else: Will always intervene to protect his economic interests. Always.
Last edited by Minskiev on Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Minskiev wrote:GOD APP
Appearance: Business suit, black shades, classic cut. Professional as hell. Humanoid, white, clear skin. Well-sculpted. Basically like the classic American movie guy.
Equipment: Firearm, briefcase loaded with money. However, he does have lots more weapons.

This is such a neat concept! Just a heads up, there aren't many trade partners for you to currently trade with, mostly because there aren't any sentients (yet) to create a market in this primordial soup. But if that doesn't bother you, then consider yourself accepted!
Last edited by Ovesa on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:57 pm

GOD APP this is now useless
Name: akasha
Epiphet(s): Akasha supreme deity of creation and destruction
Domain(s): creation and destruction
Personality: merciful, wise, intelligent
Appearance: Akasha can shapeshift into any form Akasha wants
Equipment: Akasha can create his own
Anything else: Akasha can only create or destroy objects
Last edited by Somerania on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:58 pm

Akasha the supreme god is here to create life out of primordial soup

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:59 pm

This doesn’t seem a tad over the top at all...
I’d stick to creation or destruction.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:59 pm

Minskiev wrote:GOD APP

When the IC starts I will fashion voion out of the primordial soup

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:00 pm

And here we go...

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:00 pm

Minskiev wrote:This doesn’t seem a tad over the top at all...
I’d stick to creation or destruction.

I can only create and destroy not fight or control others

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:03 pm

Somerania wrote:GOD APP
Name: akasha
Epiphet(s): Akasha supreme deity of creation and destruction
Domain(s): creation and destruction
Personality: merciful, wise, intelligent
Appearance: Akasha can shapeshift into any form Akasha wants
Equipment: Akasha can create his own
Anything else: nope

I don't think that this will work out, especially when balancing different characters is considered. Maybe just stick with one type of creation, like landscapes or organic life. Or, if you want to make a different submission, I would be happy to review it.

Also, for the most part, each deity is going to miraculously spring out of the primordial soup. There's no chief creator god or anything like that. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Ovesa on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Creation and destruction means you could destroy all of us and create puppets of us instantly...

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:06 pm

I did a big power drop and made it so that Akasha can only create objects and other non living things

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:07 pm

That’s better. Welcome, I suppose.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:09 pm

Somerania wrote:I did a big power drop and made it so that Akasha can only create objects and other non living things

As much as I appreciate that, objects is still a vague category, and the use of these powers could result in a number of issues in the future.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:23 pm

Ovesa wrote:
Somerania wrote:I did a big power drop and made it so that Akasha can only create objects and other non living things

As much as I appreciate that, objects is still a vague category, and the use of these powers could result in a number of issues in the future.

I will create a whole new character then

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:28 pm

SPECIES APP
Name: Wisp
Sentient (Y or N): N
Appearance: They look like glowing, hovering balls of light, smaller than a hand. Usually purple or white in color.
Physiology/Abilities: Always levitating, these little spirits can fly for seemingly forever. Etheral in nature, they can be present one moment and vanish the next. They can perform magic, although the extent of their capabilities is unknown.
Background: Emerging from the primordial mists, Wisps serve as the Dark Goddess's sentries, guarding her realm and serving as her eyes and ears. They have no self awareness, existing as mindless drones dedicated only to Adjura.
Anything else: They communicate in indiscernable hushed whispers. Only the Dark Goddess can understand what they are saying.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:31 pm

GOD APP
Name: musashi
Epiphet(s): Musashi the god of the elements
Domain(s): Chakra, fighting and martial arts
Personality: merciful, stubborn and proud
Appearance: a 6 feet tall man in a black samurai kimono outfit, blue eyes and black hair
Equipment: a katana that can be infused with all types of chakra elements
Anything else: the chakra elements he uses are water, fire, earth, lightning and air which can be subdivided into other sub elements such as metal and wood

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:32 pm

SPECIES APP
Name: Homo habilis
Sentient: Yes
Appearance: Humanoid-apes.
Physiology/Abilities: Opposable thumbs, tool use
Background: (why do they exist?) To work for me.
Anything else: Ehh. Thinking on refining the model soon I guess.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:33 pm

Minskiev wrote:SPECIES APP
Name: Homo habilis
Sentient: Yes
Appearance: Humanoid-apes.
Physiology/Abilities: Opposable thumbs, tool use
Background: (why do they exist?) To work for me.
Anything else: Ehh. Thinking on refining the model soon I guess.

You should have created the homo erectus

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:36 pm

One at a time.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Aw man I haven't seen one of these in a while. Definitely going to tag but may have to ask if it's alright for me to lean more on the inactive side of things. A post a week (or so) is probably a reasonable target atm. Also, any thoughts on if thered he a timeskip to some developed cultures on the planet? Always found the initial period of these rps pretty slow :3
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Magnolixie
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnolixie » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:56 pm

GOD APP
Name: Ecruire
Epiphet(s): The Glowing One, The Mother-of-Change, The Green Runner
Domain(s): Radiation, Change, Decay
Personality: Maternalistic, Arbitrary, Cruel, Trickster
Appearance: To most of her followers, Ecruire is a benevolent goddess extending an invisible hand to them from her Exclusion Zone, where she appears as a woman composed of green, fluorescent uranium glass. However, to a select few who encounter her physical form, Ecruire is a feared phantom, whose otherworldly glow and beauty mask a nature of causing suffering and decay at the hands of her radiation.
Equipment: The Glowing One is depicted holding a magical book named Geiger to see if change is needed and a wand named Roentgen to bring it.
Anything else: I hope the Radiation Queen is acceptable, even if a significant portion of her power is derived from concepts that her followers will likely only understand religiously and not, in the slightest, scientifically.

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:00 pm

GOD APP

Hey, let me know if this works! I went with kind of an abstract domain because I thought it might be fun to rp, lol, but it may be confusing. Let me know if any of the stuff interferes with the vibe/worldbuilding you were hoping to have and I can change it. I'm very excited for this, what a great concept! I put clarification regarding domain and true form in spoilers.

Name: Abraxes

Epiphet(s): The Awaited Rest, The Sickly Sweet, The Crawling Contentment

Domain(s): Contentment, Resignation, Achievement, Retirement, Apathy

Abraxes is often worshipped superficially as a god of happiness, prosperity, and euphoria, but this is actually not an accurate description of his domain, though he is often presented this way by his priests and acolytes. Many who worship Abraxes do so mistakenly. Rather than being the God of happiness and prosperity, Abraxes embodies the euphoria that comes from settling down. Abraxes delights in the apathy that comes from an individual saying "I've done my part, its not my problem anymore", or from those who decide that once their goals are complete they will stop working. Abraxes is strengthened when people become secure enough in their success to stop caring about others, or working to better themselves.

Abraxes can only gain strength when individuals feel secure enough in their success to remain content and cease striving. Unchecked ambition and longterm plans are his enemy. In order to gain strength, Abraxes takes a personal role in the success of new worshippers, helping them reach their goals and cease to be hungry. Once they have rested into their old age, grown rich and prosperous, their souls might belong to him. Abraxes' holy words are "ABRACADABRA". His mortal followers inscribe these words in cascading triangles on charms and amulets that they then sell to finance their operations. Purchasers are told to pray for the fulfilment of their goals while worshipping with the amulet, and they may be helped. Abraxes is a hands-on deity, and often attempts to fulfill these prayers. This is because he seeks to grow his power, and does not mind doing it slowly, one soul at a time.

Abraxes' cult promises new devotees an afterlife of endless happiness in Abraxes' realm Languorno, but what they do not say is that happiness has many forms. A soul sent to Languorno can expect ten years of mind blowing euphoria before they are absorbed into Languorno itself and become thoughtless emotional energy. For Abraxes, this is the ultimate fulfillment of his domain. Eternal happiness at the trade of all agency- a soul never has to plan or think again, and instead exists as a happy fragment in Languorno's golden walls.

For many worshippers, if they knew the truth, they would stop praying to Abraxes. However, for some who find out, they conciously continue in the hopes of endig up in Languorno. For them, what is the meaning of life except to finally have a reward, to rest, to lay down and be happy without having to think, forever?

Abraxes is feared and hated by those who seek to keep improving. Therefore, scholars, researchers, athletes, warriors, and artists often despise him. These groups, however, also sometimes end up worshipping him either accidentally or on purpose when they realize that he represents a quick and easy fulfillment of their dreams.

Abraxes is often thanked at retirement parties, at birthdays, at graduations, and at the signing of contracts. His holy shape is the triangle, his word is ABRACADABRA, and his animals are the cicada and the peeping frog.

Personality:

Abraxes is extremely easy going with a warm sense of humour. He seeks to make those he interacts with as comfortable as possible, and is warm and jovial. He loves puzzles and problem solving, and flattery and attention. He likes to show attention and give gifts, and likes to be known by mortals as the God they could have a beer with. However, he is also inherently deceitful, and often tells others to make safe choices that may not be best for them in he long run. He is power hungry but knows his domain is less powerful than others, and works with gods and mortals alike to slowly grow his power base. He is not above speaking in riddles and misdirecting mortals about the nature of his afterlife if it cements their allegiance.

Appearance:

Abraxes' form that he presents to others, unless he trusts hem immensely or they are true worshippers, is a portly man with rosy cheeks and a neat, trimmed beard. He wears fine clothes and changes them to fit the culture and predilections of the viewer. He often appears with a mug of some warm, aromatic liquid and is always as cozily dressed as possible. In front of other gods, he often wears a plush housecoat and pyjamas. He has a deep, multilayered voice and warm brown eyes.

His true form he keeps concealed except to followers that know his true nature and divines that he trusts. In truth, Abraxes is a massive pile of golden sludge without form, face, or features.
He gives off a warmth that can be felt anywhere in the same space, and gives off a stench that is disgusting at first but slowly becomes more and more palpable over time to a point of becoming intoxicating.

Equipment: mug with nondescript hot drink, leatherbound book where he records dealings with mortals, pendant with holy word.

Anything else: Basically the god of feeling content. This can feel good for people but is often negative as it stops people from trying and bettering themselves. He often appears to mortals so that he can help them fulfill their goals in the hopes they will grow apathetic and listless afterwards. His priests often misrepresent his true nature and the true nature of his afterlife and instead present him as the god of happiness and prosperity.

Ironically, he is an ambitious god, and although he is not as powerful and influential as others, he seeks to grow his powers steadily through the expansion of his cult and the acquisition of new souls.
Last edited by The Hepthalites on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

Minskiev
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:05 pm

Very interesting. Doesn’t sound too crazy. Welcome?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Wow, this blew up way, way faster than I expected. Thank you all so much for your interest in this RP! All apps that have been posted so far are accepted. I will update the main post as soon as I can :)

Bentus wrote:Aw man I haven't seen one of these in a while. Definitely going to tag but may have to ask if it's alright for me to lean more on the inactive side of things. A post a week (or so) is probably a reasonable target atm. Also, any thoughts on if thered he a timeskip to some developed cultures on the planet? Always found the initial period of these rps pretty slow :3

I'm okay with that posting frequency. We will probably do a timeskip once everyone gets settled into the IC, makes a couple posts, that sort of thing.
Last edited by Ovesa on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse