NATION

PASSWORD

2057: A World of New Beginnings(Reboot)(PMT)(OOC)(OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

2057: A World of New Beginnings(Reboot)(PMT)(OOC)(OPEN)

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:42 am

2057: A World of New Beginnings (OOC/PMT/FT/Nation/Open to All!)

Introduction

Earth. 2057.

In this reality, it’s a world where the timeline diverged significantly from our own, creating new nations, rebalancing old power structures and bringing new leaders to the forefront. Europe, for one, hasn’t seen the horror of the Holocaust, the outrages of Srebrenica and Yugoslavia or an Iron Curtain which divided the continent. The ideologies behind them, much like the events themselves, are thus still untested - with no historical baggage that serves to limit the ambitions of its spokespeople. Under this blanket, Europeans sleep, soundly unaware of whatever their leaders’ machinations could drag them into.

In the Americas, amazingly, smallpox has not turned into the great killer of native peoples that it could have: sparing them - mostly. Instead, they’ve had to grow used to seeing their lands colonised - by plucky Europeans in the east, and to the west, by waves of Asian settlers and adventurers: who stand toe to toe with the Europeans, culturally, technologically and socially. In that part of the world, thriving states have risen, built on cultural fault lines: collectivist vs individualist, Shinto vs Buddhist, Catholic vs Protestant, and Hindu vs Muslim. Old World rivalries still burn hot here, despite the fact that these nations’ inhabitants haven’t seen their ancestral homelands for several centuries. Instead, for them, these homelands make them unique, making them deserving enough to carve out a new territory exclusively for themselves and other likeminded peoples.

In Asia proper, the powerhouses of China and India have splintered and broken - their territories are divided up between several large successor states: all of whom are powerful, and all of whom ultimately have a shot at ruling the entirety of their respective nation-state. Smaller nations, on the other hand, like Japan, have managed to stay intact: in this reality too, Japan never went to war, and it never suffered from the nuclear war rained down upon two of its cities. It never learned about the dangers of unrestricted nationalism - so will its leaders harness that power? Or will they push it away?

To the far south, Australasia, much like in Asia, saw its native peoples thrive: furthermore, like in the Americas, they didn’t die when the first colonists landed: however, unlike in the Americas, there was no two-pronged colonization fought between the Asians and Europeans. Only one side took the spoils. ‘Taking the spoils’ means accommodating the native peoples in this regard - who form powerful groups within those societies, much to the outrage (and delight) of many of their populace.

For Africa, the birthplace of humanity, and the Middle East - the cradle of civilization, they too are different to reality. In the former, tribal affiliations and the importance placed upon them are much less, creating powerful nations that have remained free of the European yoke, in its place, instead however - those nations fight over ideology: Pan-African vs fascist and communist vs capitalist. While in the latter, Islam took off as per normal, embedding itself within local cultures, ending up much like in our world. However, unlike our world, this world’s Jews never left the region en masse: instead, they’ve settled heavily within the borders of modern day Israel and Palestine - creating an alternative Israeli state, which watches over the world’s Jews...

...But also having to watch over the rest of the Middle East - who seek to put an end to the Jewish state, one way or another.

In a political climate like this, is a world war inevitable? Or will the world’s leaders divert their nation’s citizens towards more productive and peaceful pastimes?

Only time will tell.

The Rules and a Comment

Like any roleplay, big or small, we need rules - so here’s ours:

1.) Respect the word of myself, the OP, and any CO-OPs who I appoint. Our word is final.
2.) No godmodding - “I, Long High Road nuke Random Nation, killing their civilians and making them surrender, they give all of their land to me.”
3.) No metagaming - do not use information your IC nation wouldn’t realistically know about to inform its decisions.
4.) No unrealistic IC moves. E.G, no transporting 500 tanks halfway across the world in two days.
5.) please use a baseic leval of grammer and spelling in ur ic posts and ooc application - im not perfect at this so ill use diskreshun
6.) For serious offenses, you will be banned immediately from the roleplay. No arguments. No exceptions.
7.) In the case of less serious incidents of rule-breaking, I, as OP will use try and help you, so that you do not make the same mistakes. However, if you get three strikes, you’re out.
8.) Please use realistic GDP and population sizes
9.) The Point of Divergence for this world is 100 B.C - any events that occur after that can be altered. However, cultures, languages and religions cannot be removed from existence. France for example, must remain French-speaking.
10.) The IC will move at a rate of 3 months per IC page. Four pages is one year. Please date all of your IC posts. Anyone who does not do so after being asked, will receive one strike.
11.) Do not claim a ridiculous amount of territory.
12.) I’ll announce more rules in the OOC if they’re needed.
13.) If you’re not going to be active for a while, telegram me or a CO-OP. Otherwise, your nation shall be completely voided after 72 hours of inactivity.

Application

For anyone who has read this far, great! Here’s an application form:

When referring to quality of armed forces, strength of the economy, and the stability of the government, you get 35 points. Use them wisely.

If you don’t have a particular military branch, put ‘N/A’ in that category. Players in this category must only spend 30 points, not 35.

Application

NS Name:

AWoNB Nation:

Territory Claimed:

Population:

Religious Demographics:

Ethnic Demographics:

Size of Land Forces:

Size of Air Forces:

Size of Naval Forces:

Quality of Land Forces: (Out of 10)

Quality of Air Forces: (Out of 10)

Qualify of Naval Forces: (Out of 10)

Information on Other Military Branches:

Strength of Economy: (Out of 10)

Stability of Government: (Out of 10)

AWoNB Nation’s History:

#WhiteWaterRapids - (Do not delete)

If you wish to reserve a nation, here’s a reservation form. The reservation will last for 48 hours EST.

Reservation

NS Nation:

AWoNB Nation:

Territory Claimed:

#FirstStepOntheRapids - (Do not delete)

NS Name: Bolslania

AWoNB Nation: Prussian Federal Monarchy

Territory Claimed: Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, France Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Austria

Population: 200 Million

Religious Demographics: 70% Agnostic, 20% Lutheran, 5% Catholic, 5% Judaism

Ethnic Demographics: 70% Caucasian, 15% Turkic, 15% Semitic

Size of Land Forces: 87, 000 Standing Army, 15,000 Reserve

Size of Air Forces: 68,000 Personnel, 1345 Combat Aircraft

Size of Naval Forces: 35,000 Personnel, 3 Aircraft Carriers, 8 Cruisers, 10 Destroyers, 14 Frigates, 18 Submarines

Quality of Land Forces: 8

Quality of Air Forces: 7

Qualify of Naval Forces: 6

Information on Other Military Branches: N/A

Strength of Economy: 8

Stability of Government: 9

AWoNB Nation’s History: In 1865 the German States unified under a Prussian King. This created the Prussian Monarchy. Over the next 50 years, Prussia expanded into Poland, Czechia, and the Lowlands. In 1939, Prussia blitzkreiged into France and Denmark, conquering both in about 3 weeks, no action was really taken against them. In 1943, Prussia took over Austria and Switzerland in an "Anschluss" type maneuver. Recently, Prussia had adopted a federal system with a democratically elected Prime Minister and Congress. Prussia has become rather non-aggressive, more working on infrastructure and economy to make themselves a world benchmark. The Military is still a large source of pride for the Prussians and is kept in top of the line condition.

Roster:
Bolslania- Prussian Federal Monarchy
Malay Raya- Federation of Nusantara
American Pere Housh- Holy Russian Empire
Lightsey- Eastern United States
The Hepthalites- The Thirty-Six City-States
Mathuvan Union- The Kiwi-Boomerang Federations

[url=IC]https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486957[/url]
Last edited by Bolslania on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Malay Raya
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:22 am

Edited previous app with year 2057 numbers:

Application

NS Name: Malay Raya

AWoNB Nation: Federation of Nusantara

Territory Claimed: Malaysia, Singapore, Sumatera Island (including Nias, Siberut Island, Bangka, Belitung, Riau Islands), Borneo Island (except Brunei)

Population: 160 Million

Religious Demographics: Muslim (70%), Christians (13%), Buddhist (12%), Hindu (3%), Others (2%)

Ethnic Demographics: Malay (62%), Indigenous Sumatran(15%), Chinese(10%), Indigenous Bornean(8%), Indian(3%), Others(2%)

Size of Land Forces: 120,000 active | 500,000 reservists | 450 tanks (MBT, medium) | 2,200 IFV/AFV/APC | 4,800 Light Armored/Transport/Trucks/Utility

Size of Air Forces: 70,000 total personnel | 1,200 combat & trainer aircraft (includes UAV) | 85 transport & VIP aircraft | 200 attack & transport helicopters

Size of Naval Forces: 90,000 total personnel | 10 diesel-electric submarines | 26 frigates | 40 corvettes | 250 Misc. crafts/vessels (patrol, attack crafts, small crafts, amphibious, support, mines countermeasure, training, tankers)

Quality of Land Forces: 6

Qualify of Naval Forces: 7

Information on Other Military Branches: Federation of Nusantara has several voluntary paramilitary and civil paramilitary corps which are not included in the reservists numbers of land forces. They receive far less military training and their roles are more tailored to help the police force in national security and taking part in voluntary missions during natural disasters. Total personnel numbers are around ~6,000,000 nationwide.

Strength of Economy: 7

Stability of Government: 8

AWoNB Nation’s History:
In August 1951 after 6 years of nationalistic movements (since 1945) in the Dutch East Indies and pressures from the international community due to the decolonization movement, the Republic of Sumatra declared its independence followed by the Republic of Kalimantan shortly after.

These events sparked another wave of nationalism in British Malaya & British Borneo which ensued peacefully although it doesn't pale in comparison to the Sumatran and Kalimantan in terms of populace fervor. After self-governance training given by the British to the educated and nobility, British Malaya and British Borneo were both given separate independence in June and August of 1957 respectively.

All 4 governments of the 4 respective nations proceeded to keep a close bond with each other and had a close education, trade, tourism and military partnership since 1959. In 1963, the Republic of Kalimantan and Northern Borneo Republic formed the Borneo Federation in which both nations or now called as 'states' has a single federal government that oversees the two smaller state governments. Leaders of both state governments take turns to become the Federation Chairman and its Cabinet of Ministers in a term of 3 years.

This attracted the attention of Federation of Malaya and Republic of Sumatra, as they also share the same view that a unitary federation will greatly benefit the 4 nations in all aspects of growth to become a better place for their citizens. In 1965, the Federation of Malaya proposed the formation of the Federation of Nusantara, in which all 3 nations (Malaya, Sumatra & Borneo) will share a cabinet of ministers and a chairman in the same system as the Borneo Federation. After discussions and bureacracy issues being solved, the Federation of Nusantara officially formed on 31st October 1970 with its capitals being Kuala Lumpur (Malaya), Medan (Sumatra), Pontianak (Borneo/Kalimantan), Kuching (Northern Borneo) with its first Chairman being from Malaya.

Nusantara is applying a very unique federation system that could only be achieved due to its peace loving, compassionate and tolerable citizens as they have been living in a multiracial environment for a long time. All three state governments hold their own elections and appoint local governors, who will in turn be selected to be the Cabinet ministers and Chairman based on a 3-year turn. The governors who are appointed as ministers will be replaced by the 2nd place winning candidate. All the state governments applies a two party system in which both parties have written into their law that they will respect and support the formation and prosperity of the Nusantaran Federation.

Last edited by Malay Raya on Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current RP's
None, just got resurrected

"...and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just.
Be just; that is nearer to righteousness..."

- Quran [5:8]

I'm a Malaysian
Pro: Sunni Islam, Conservatism, Peace & Green
Anti: Extremism, Zionism, LGBT

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:28 am

Its good except for the gigantic standing army. Thats 3 times the size of the UN standing army, tone that down to about 100,000 Active duty.

Malay Raya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:32 am

Bolslania wrote:Its good except for the gigantic standing army. Thats 3 times the size of the UN standing army, tone that down to about 100,000 Active duty.

It's a lot of land though plus even Malaysia alone today has about ~80,000 active personnel (i've just searched it). I'll tone it down to 120,000.
Current RP's

I'm a Malaysian

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:35 am

Malay Raya wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Its good except for the gigantic standing army. Thats 3 times the size of the UN standing army, tone that down to about 100,000 Active duty.

It's a lot of land though plus even Malaysia alone today has about ~80,000 active personnel (i've just searched it). I'll tone it down to 120,000.

Yeah, I understand but 300,000 active duty would be a bitch to keep organized and equipped

After the tone-down you are accepted
Last edited by Bolslania on Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malay Raya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:37 am

Bolslania wrote:
Malay Raya wrote:It's a lot of land though plus even Malaysia alone today has about ~80,000 active personnel (i've just searched it). I'll tone it down to 120,000.

Yeah, I understand but 300,000 active duty would be a bitch to keep organized and equipped

After the tone-down you are accepted

Yeap just noticed haha. Agreed.
Current RP's

I'm a Malaysian

SangMar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:20 pm

I’m not planning on Apping or anything, I just wanted to apologise. As the Long High Road is actually my alt - I forget the password for it and haven’t been able to get in since.

You have my permission for this, as it’s not like I could respond to a TG anyway. I might check in from time to time though.
On Nationstates since 2012.
Nationstates’ Favourite Unknown and Autistic Tankie Eliminator!
B E G O N E T A N K I E DEGENERATE
Protip: Tankies =/= all communists.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.31

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:24 pm

SangMar wrote:I’m not planning on Apping or anything, I just wanted to apologise. As the Long High Road is actually my alt - I forget the password for it and haven’t been able to get in since.

You have my permission for this, as it’s not like I could respond to a TG anyway. I might check in from time to time though.

Ah okay

SangMar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:46 pm

If I could make a suggestion, OP - remove the rule on up to date GDP and population - obviously players should find estimates for the population, but they can’t find concrete GDP figures for a year that hasn’t happened yet. It works for 2020, mostly, but not 2057.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:47 pm

SangMar wrote:If I could make a suggestion, OP - remove the rule on up to date GDP and population - obviously players should find estimates for the population, but they can’t find concrete GDP figures for a year that hasn’t happened yet. It works for 2020, mostly, but not 2057.

Yeah this is a reboot so I just copy pasted mostly.

SangMar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:48 pm

Bolslania wrote:
SangMar wrote:If I could make a suggestion, OP - remove the rule on up to date GDP and population - obviously players should find estimates for the population, but they can’t find concrete GDP figures for a year that hasn’t happened yet. It works for 2020, mostly, but not 2057.

Yeah this is a reboot so I just copy pasted mostly.

No worries.

Lightsey
Secretary

Founded: Feb 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lightsey » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:28 pm

NS Name: Lightsey

AWoNB Nation: Eastern United States

Territory Claimed: Eastern United States, Borders from west are the states of Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky and Indiana. Any State East of that Belongs to Us. Besides Michigan.

Population: 201,000,000

Religious Demographics: Christianity (90%), Catholic (7%), Other (3%).

Ethnic Demographics: White (30%), Asian (11%), Hispanic (22%), and African American (30%), other (8%)

Size of Land Forces: Since this is basically half of the USA, about 50,000 Active...110,000 in Reserve, 423 Tanks

Size of Air Forces: 60,000 Active... 50,000 in reserve...2,000 Combat, 200 Trainer aircrafts.

Size of Naval Forces:90,000 Active...90,000 in Reserve, 200 Combat Boats, 9 Submarines, 300 such as Carriers, Patrol, Training, Tanking

Quality of Land Forces: 7

Qualify of Naval Forces: 8

Information on Other Military Branches: Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, about 3,000 officers

Strength of Economy: 6

AWoNB Nation’s History:After the Second Civil War in the United States, States teamed up based on Geography, and the East United States got 24 out of the original 50. Which are, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Their Current Leader is a Conservative Statist by the name of Dylan Sapp. There have been no huge wars in the country, but there have been a few battles. Most Notably the Battle for Georgia. Florida is owned by the North United States (Surprisingly) after a battle with the East United States. So, The North United States decided to go for Georgia from the south. There were alot of Casualties but Ultimitaly, the East United States Prevailed. There was also a very heated political battle on guns. Eventually, it was decided that guns can be allowed if you have a proper gun license and are in a correct Mental State. Abortion was Voted Illegal with the Exception of Rape, by popular Vote. Marijuana can Not be Legally purchased (as Decided by Congress). Same Sex Marriages Are allowed in Certain states, such as (New york, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Louisiana, and Texas.) Georgia has passed that decision on the Individual County as the State Govm't Unfortunately Can't Come up with a Decision. The nation's Capital is Currently held in Atlanta, Georgia. The Most Populated State is New York, Followed by Texas, then Georgia, and Under. The country is Most divided on Healthcare and Welfare. The Most Conservative State is Alabama, and the most Liberal State is Vermont. The most Economically powerful state is Texas, Followed by Florida and then Georgia. The Only Mostly Secularist State is Massachusetts, which makes up 2% of the other in the Religions Section. The Most Christian State is Georgia and the Most Catholic State is Texas. Each State does have a governor. Elections for Governor are held every 5 years and for president of the East United States, elections are held every 6 years. The state where most Presidents have been from based of the population of the State would be Florida. The least Economic states (but still helpful) are Arkansas and Maine. The state with the most Cultural Diversity is Florida, Followed by Georgia, then New york. The leader, Dylan Sapp, is from Louisiana. The State with the most Political Apathy is Indiana, Whose number of Eligible voters is around 4.2 million and only around 1.6 million of those people vote. The State with the most Agricultural Diversity is Georgia, Followed by Texas. The most High tech state is Connecticut followed by Rhode Island and the New hampshire. Arkansas only recently became a state when it was purchased from mid United states in 2050. The Oldest states to belong to the country are all the same age. These states were the ones that Founded the East United states. Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Delaware. There has already been one civil war back in 2032 that had to do with state Expansion into other states. Ultimately, it didn't change anything and that war as known as the most useless in history. Most of the presidents have been more Conservative Republican, but since the Conservative Statist party was founded in 2039, the states have tended to lean towards that party. The country still runs it's elections based off of the Electoral College. Dylan sapp won against A conservative Republican 223 to 40.
Last edited by Lightsey on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:48 am, edited 11 times in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 am

Your standing military numbers over 400,000. Lower that down a bit

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:28 am

I'm currently at work, but I can't halt myself from trying to do a Germany.

I'm interested in a germany, with much of the pre-WW1 borders intact, sans colonial assets.

Reservation

NS Nation: Tysklandia
AWoNB Nation: Germany (better name pending)
Territory Claimed:
Pre-WW1 German borders
Added with holland and flanders? (if allowed, not critical)
Last edited by Tysklandia on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightsey
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightsey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:30 am

Bolslania wrote:Your standing military numbers over 400,000. Lower that down a bit

So, what would be a good number to lower it down too?
Also, this is about the second Civil war. Not the first one.
Last edited by Lightsey on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:39 am

Lightsey wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Your standing military numbers over 400,000. Lower that down a bit

So, what would be a good number to lower it down too?

Probably about 200,000 tops.

Lightsey
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightsey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:41 am

Bolslania wrote:
Lightsey wrote:So, what would be a good number to lower it down too?

Ok. I'll try my best to even that out. :)

Lightsey
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightsey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 am

Bolslania wrote:
Lightsey wrote:So, what would be a good number to lower it down too?

So, I edited it, it should look better now

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:45 am

Tysklandia wrote:I'm currently at work, but I can't halt myself from trying to do a Germany.

I'm interested in a germany, with much of the pre-WW1 borders intact, sans colonial assets.

Reservation

NS Nation: Tysklandia
AWoNB Nation: Germany (better name pending)
Territory Claimed:
Pre-WW1 German borders
Added with holland and flanders? (if allowed, not critical)

Germany is already taken by yours truly

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:45 am

Lightsey wrote:NS Name: Lightsey

Territory Claimed: Eastern United States, Borders from west are the states of Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky and Indiana. Any State East of that Belongs to Us. Besides Michigan.

Population: 192,000,000

Religious Demographics: Christianity (90%), Catholic (7%), Other (3%).

Ethnic Demographics: White (30%), Asian (11%), Hispanic (22%), and African American (30%), other (8%)

Size of Land Forces: Since this is basically half of the USA, about 50,000 Active...110,000 in Reserve, 423 Tanks

Size of Air Forces: 60,000 Active... 50,000 in reserve...2,000 Combat, 200 Trainer aircrafts.

Size of Naval Forces:90,000 Active...90,000 in Reserve, 200 Combat Boats, 9 Submarines, 300 such as Carriers, Patrol, Training, Tanking

Quality of Land Forces: 7

Information on Other Military Branches: Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, about 3,000 officers

Strength of Economy: 6

AWoNB Nation’s History:After the Second Civil War in the United States, States teamed up based on Geography, and the East United States got 24 out of the original 50. Which are, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Their Current Leader is a Conservative Statist by the name of Dylan Sapp. There have been no huge wars in the country, but there have been a few battles. Most Notably the Battle for Georgia. Florida is owned by the North United States (Surprisingly) after a battle with the East United States. So, The North United States decided to go for Georgia from the south. There were alot of Casualties but Ultimitaly, the East United States Prevailed. There was also a very heated political battle on guns. Eventually, it was decided that guns can be allowed if you have a proper gun license and are in a correct Mental State. Abortion was Voted Illegal with the Exception of Rape, by popular Vote. Marijuana can Not be Legally purchased (as Decided by Congress). Same Sex Marriages Are allowed in Certain states, such as (New york, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Louisiana, and Texas.) Georgia has passed that decision on the Individual County as the State Govm't Unfortunately Can't Come up with a Decision. The nation's Capital is Currently held in Atlanta, Georgia. The Most Populated State is New York, Followed by Texas, then Georgia, and Under. The country is Most divided on Healthcare and Welfare. The Most Conservative State is Alabama, and the most Liberal State is Vermont. The most Economically powerful state is Texas, Followed by Florida and then Georgia. The Only Mostly Secularist State is Massachusetts, which makes up 2% of the other in the Religions Section. The Most Christian State is Georgia and the Most Catholic State is Texas. Each State does have a governor. Elections for Governor are held every 5 years and for president of the East United States, elections are held every 6 years. The state where most Presidents have been from based of the population of the State would be Florida. The least Economic states (but still helpful) are Arkansas and Maine. The state with the most Cultural Diversity is Florida, Followed by Georgia, then New york. The leader, Dylan Sapp, is from Louisiana. The State with the most Political Apathy is Indiana, Whose number of Eligible voters is around 4.2 million and only around 1.6 million of those people vote. The State with the most Agricultural Diversity is Georgia, Followed by Texas. The most High tech state is Connecticut followed by Rhode Island and the New hampshire. Arkansas only recently became a state when it was purchased from mid United states in 2050. The Oldest states to belong to the country are all the same age. These states were the ones that Founded the East United states. Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Delaware. There has already been one civil war back in 2032 that had to do with state Expansion into other states. Ultimately, it didn't change anything and that war as known as the most useless in history. Most of the presidents have been more Conservative Republican, but since the Conservative Statist party was founded in 2039, the states have tended to lean towards that party. The country still runs it's elections based off of the Electoral College. Dylan sapp won against A conservative Republican 223 to 40.

Accepted

Lightsey
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightsey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:55 am

:rofl:
Bolslania wrote:
Lightsey wrote:NS Name: Lightsey

Accepted

yay

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:17 am

denleted
Last edited by The Pearl River on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:34 am

This looks like a great setting! Its my first time back on NS in a few years and I look forward to posting with you all.

Reservation

NS Nation: The Hepthalites

AWoNB Nation: The Thirty-Six City States

Territory Claimed: British Columbia as far as the Rockies, down along the Pacific Coast to northern Oregon, up to Alaska but mostly along the coast and the islands in the Bering, Hawaiian islands, some territory near great slave lake and on the Hudson Bay
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:07 am

Interesting. Though this world's very alien to our own so I don't know if rping in this would be easy. Everything got colonized but at the same time, indigenous peoples didn't get genocided/holocausted. I guess that's good for someone who wants to play an African nation (personally I'm eyeing the Kongo) but bad for those that wanna be more tribalistic and have fun.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

The Hepthalites
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hepthalites » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:09 am

NS Name: The Hepthalites

AWoNB Nation: The Thirty-Six City States

Territory Claimed: British Columbia as far as the Rockies, down along the Pacific Coast to northern Oregon, up to Alaska but mostly along the coast and the islands in the Bering, Hawaiian islands, some territory near Great Slave lake and on the Hudson Bay

Population: 88,000,000

Religious Demographics: 40% nonreligious, 30% reformed Northwest Coast beliefs, 10% Buddhism, 10% Christian, 5% Jewish, 3% Muslim, 2% other

Ethnic Demographics: 25% Northwest Coast indigenous, i.e Tlingit, Haida; 20% mixed/Metis, 15% Han, 15% Pacific Islander, 10% Inuit/Aleut, 5% Russian, 10% other

Size of Land Forces: 30,000 Active | 90,000 Reservists

Size of Air Forces: 34,000 personnel

Size of Naval Forces: 40,000 sailors | 80,000 reserve

Quality of Land Forces: 5

Quality of Air Forces: 6

Information on Other Military Branches: the 36 maintain a space program for bragging rights internationally and have a vast and effective merchant marine. Marines are incorporated into the navy.

Strength of Economy: 10

Stability of Government: 6

AWoNB Nation’s History:

In our timeline, rather than follow the tenets of Confucianism that discouraged expansion, the Chinese imperial dynasties of the mid-1000s embraced commerce and exploration. Their fleets of scholars and sailors reached the Pacific Coast of North America starting in the 1300s, and when they arrived on the cool, misty shores they were greeted by the towering redwoods and cities of tribes such as the Haida. Not suffering from plague or European colonization, the Haida and other Pacific coast tribes had developed fledgling cities amongst the mountains and rainforests.

Chinese colonization did not consist of military conquest and religious fervor, but rather a loosely planned and organized economic hegemony that was established by a growing collection of independent merchants, explorers, and adventurers. This was the first wave of Chinese migration to the area now known as the 36. Tribes such as the Haida found markets for their salmon meat and oil, and tribal art became vogue amongst the empire's elite. Chinese exploration eventually worked its way up to Alaska, and soon Inuit soapstone carvings and Tlingit ceremonial tools began to be traded in the markets of Shanghai. Famously, a group of Tlingit hammer bearers served in the ceremonial guard of one of the empress dowagers. Chinese explorers opened up fur markets by paddling river routes to the Great Slave Lake and eventually, to the Hudson Bay.

Chinese bureacracy, invention, and trade helped invigorate and grow the various tribes of Pacific America, and the nations of the Northwest Coast prosepered and developed great cities of their own. By the time many of the trade cities were annexed into the Chinese empire, they had grown into cosmopolitan sprawls of art, architecture, and culture from a thousand different indigenous nations. The second wave of migration from Asia came as the Chinese Empire suffered instability and lawlessness in the early 1700s. Waves of intelligentsia, artists, and merchants fled banditry in China to their east. At the same time, Russian Jews fleeing pogroms settled in Southern Alaska.

The Far Eastern Protectorate, as the overseas colonies were then called, received less and less protection from the central imperial goverent as unrest remain unchecked in the mainland. The Protectorate wasn't a monolithic or even contiguous territory, but rather a group of thirty odd city states that had grown rich and powerful and had eventually been peacefully economically absorbed into China. Trade was their lifeblood, and they weren't receiving adequate protection for their cross pacific network from the empire. Pirates, privateers, and imperialists plagued them. Eventually, in 1733, the 36 City States that made up the Protectorate decided that enough was enough, and they banded together to create a league of their own that could field its own navy to protect its own shipping.

The experiment that was the 36 City states was a success, and all principalities prospered with a strong navy and merchant marine. The 36 became a player on the world stage as the bridge between many continents. It became a cosmopolitan land where many Chinese fleeing persecution could establish themselves. Increased attention meant that many areas that are underdeveloped in our timeline became industrial hubs. Eventually, the animistic pantheons of the Pacific Northwest, fearing their differences and divisions could be exploited by foreign missionaires, reformed their beliefs to create a unified faith. The 36 continued to grow and prosper until they could be called a nation in their own right. Global warming has benefitted 36 shipping and agriculture near the Arctic Circle, but the cities struggle to reconcile their population growth with the ecological impact of the changing climate.

The 36 are dominated by the "Big Four" cities as decision makers:

Oahu, with its famous space shuttle launch station, Naval Academy, and miles of plankton and algae farms
Si'ahl, with its world renowned universities, near our timeline's Seattle
Haida Gwaii, a city of shining skyscrapers and a seedy underbelly. It outstripped its rival in prosperity, Kitsilano, found near kodern-day Vancouver.
Sitka, with a mixture of Russian and Tlingit architecture and its famous Jewish shtetl.

Other cities of note:
Yellowknife, a city of a million on the shores of Great Slave lake. Known for its immense domed greenhouses.
Gjoa, gateway to the Northwest Passage
Tivuat, port city that accesses Hudson Bay

The lack of true, organized, singular authority means that the decision making process of the 36 will never be as stable or as sounds as a unified polity. The cities constantly try and improve their influence, backstab each other, compete for contracts and try to be dominant. All decisioms are made by a council of 36 voting members and can be dangerous affairs for the diplomats involved. They knly fully unite when protecting the collective from outside forces. Even the cities themselves are not always connected, being separate enclaves sometimes cut off by other powers. The 36 are a strange mixture of hyper capitalism, cosmopolitanism, spirtual and ecological connection, and regional power struggles. The heada of the army, navy, airforce, and merchant marine serve 5 year tenure after being elected by the council of cities. The 36 have always tended to be naval focused and attempt to make up for a smaller armed forces woth high quality equipment.

In sum, a group of thirty six prosperous city states that compete amongst themselves for power and influence but band together to create a powerful military and foreign policy. They are economically influential but lack coherent and effective decision making. They were established as the result of Chinese migration and influence on the tribes of the pacific coast and the Hawaiian islands. The borders aren't continous, and a few of the cities are as far separated as Great slave Lake and Hudson's bay.
No such thing as the thin blue line

Defund the police

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse