NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 am

Dentali wrote:"The Moore household has been a bit stressed of late... We are a political family, i have cousins running for office for the first time and we have had more than a few late night arguments about endorsements and strategy..." Moore put single sugar cube in his coffee after seating himself, and then began to lightly stir.

"How about yourself Caroline?"

"Family is family, James, I'm sure when push comes to shove, you'll do the right thing." She nodded a little. "I'm doing alright, though I'm very stressed that various legislative priorities I tried to delegate haven't been worked on. We need to really hammer down on laying out priorities for 2020." Sighing, she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "At least I've got Christmas with Damian and the grandkids to look forward to."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:34 am

Bruke wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
"Good to hear from you too. I've been back for a few days now, after so many years in DC it all just feels a bit slow... So how's the view up there this year?"

“It’s as beautiful as ever... More importantly, I convinced Mark to get out of the office this year and join me in celebrating Christmas with my wife and kids.”

"Oh well that's good, good to get him out there with you guys for once. Personally I'm excited to be able to catch up with my siblings and all their kids, and their kids, and their kids and all that," Eliza then decided to change the topic, "Have any plans for re-election yet?"

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 am

Colbert Twitter @EverittRigbyColbert
“Merry Christmas to all of Utah. Remember the gift of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and how he redeemed the world.”
Chambers Twitter @GovernorChambersNE
“Hail to the newborn king of kings and lord of lords. God has shown us his infinite mercy and love by delivering the one who sets us free.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:36 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Dentali wrote:"I want to keep it as informal as possible for now... but when it comes time to draft a platform for the convention then you will have a key role. I want to have push and pull and different perspectives working together to develop ideas. As for Lilyana I don't think that's something I can do on day one or anytime soon... People are going to see Wolf as a martyr and revere his family for some time, that's not a fight I want to pick. If the opportunity presents itself to push her out, or encourage her to seek another opportunity then I will take it."

"Can't you shuffle her into the Commerce job like her father wanted? The portfolio really doesn't do much the White House can't do in parallel, and it vacates the seat. Gives an illusion of continuity." He said, having assumed the former President had given Nate the same talk he'd given him. "She's going to be an absolute dead weight around your neck going into 2020, I hope you've got a campaign ready to pick up the slack."

"We are indeed ready to move and have been developing a plan i'm happy with so far, as long as she isn't undermining the campaign she's fine... with the commerce job she never expressed to me any interest in it so I don't know how easy that would be and at any rate that won't help me unless I win in 2020. But if it can be done I will do it."

"Do you have any interest in campaigning for downballot races by the way? Your grandson comes first of course, and the governorship... but we could use all the help we can get."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:39 am

Dentali wrote:"We are indeed ready to move and have been developing a plan i'm happy with so far, as long as she isn't undermining the campaign she's fine... with the commerce job she never expressed to me any interest in it so I don't know how easy that would be and at any rate that won't help me unless I win in 2020. But if it can be done I will do it."

"Do you have any interest in campaigning for downballot races by the way? Your grandson comes first of course, and the governorship... but we could use all the help we can get."

"Maybe I can put a phonecall in with the President, see if there's anything he can wave in front of Lilyana's face to distract her." He shrugged softly, before he got back to the prior conversation. "I took weeks out of my campaign to win Louisiana and Kentucky, the downballot means everything to me. When we're closer to the election, Adam should be doing better, and I'm reasonably confident in my re-election chances. I'd be happy to throw what I have into the downballot. Maybe I should start a PAC, need to get the lawyers to help me with that."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:39 am

Dentali wrote:"The Moore household has been a bit stressed of late... We are a political family, i have cousins running for office for the first time and we have had more than a few late night arguments about endorsements and strategy..." Moore put single sugar cube in his coffee after seating himself, and then began to lightly stir.

"How about yourself Caroline?"

"Family is family, James, I'm sure when push comes to shove, you'll do the right thing." She nodded a little. "I'm doing alright, though I'm very stressed that various legislative priorities I tried to delegate haven't been worked on. We need to really hammer down on laying out priorities for 2020." Sighing, she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "At least I've got Christmas with Damian and the grandkids to look forward to."

"I know i'm not in your chamber but if you ever need someone to pick up the slack or kick someone's ass into gear you can count on me. Don't be afraid to play a little hardball, you have a lot of influence over who get the the most fundraising in the 2020 re-election and if someone isn't a team player then they shouldn't get as much as someone that is a team player."

"Any specific priorities you're having trouble with?"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:42 am

Dentali wrote:"I know i'm not in your chamber but if you ever need someone to pick up the slack or kick someone's ass into gear you can count on me. Don't be afraid to play a little hardball, you have a lot of influence over who get the the most fundraising in the 2020 re-election and if someone isn't a team player then they shouldn't get as much as someone that is a team player."

"The House Caucus has always been very well behaved, so far I've not really had to get the stick out, but at this rate, I'm going to have to." She nodded softly. "We've got no economic legislation, no clear economic message. That's my biggest priority. I'm also hoping to get a major police reform bill done."
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:44 am

Dentali wrote:"We are indeed ready to move and have been developing a plan i'm happy with so far, as long as she isn't undermining the campaign she's fine... with the commerce job she never expressed to me any interest in it so I don't know how easy that would be and at any rate that won't help me unless I win in 2020. But if it can be done I will do it."

"Maybe I can put a phonecall in with the President, see if there's anything he can wave in front of Lilyana's face to distract her." He shrugged softly, before he got back to the prior conversation. "I took weeks out of my campaign to win Louisiana and Kentucky, the downballot means everything to me. When we're closer to the election, Adam should be doing better, and I'm reasonably confident in my re-election chances. I'd be happy to throw what I have into the downballot. Maybe I should start a PAC, need to get the lawyers to help me with that."

"Jonah..." Nate said using the man's first name "I'm going to be completely honest with you here... I fully intend to fulfill our deal on the minimum wage... but my donors... a lot of Republican donors... are going to be pissed and it is going to hurt our fundraising and that's just the reality of the situation. So a PAC that could offset that would mean a heck of a lot."

"As for campaigning you did a great job in Louisiana, Kentucky and Texas... I have a few Congressional races that I feel we could maximize your impact on... I could send them over to you later."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:45 am

Thomas Volker
@RepresentativeVolker
Today, I’d like to wish the American people a merry Christmas this holiday period and I pray that families all across our great country put aside political partisanship over this holiday period in order to mark the birth of our Lord and saviour.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:47 am

Dentali wrote:"Jonah..." Nate said using the man's first name "I'm going to be completely honest with you here... I fully intend to fulfill our deal on the minimum wage... but my donors... a lot of Republican donors... are going to be pissed and it is going to hurt our fundraising and that's just the reality of the situation. So a PAC that could offset that would mean a heck of a lot."

"As for campaigning you did a great job in Louisiana, Kentucky and Texas... I have a few Congressional races that I feel we could maximize your impact on... I could send them over to you later."

"If it's the money you're afraid about, Nate, I'll make sure the money is there. We'll push up the numbers with smaller donors, and I can do the backroom stuff. My family have been raising money for the GOP for decades. We'll figure it out. I'm interested which races you think need my attention most. Nebraska-2? Maine-2? Losing Paulson in the next cycle will make holding that harder. I don't think we can save Vohoffsky in California-45 though."
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:48 am

Dentali wrote:"I know i'm not in your chamber but if you ever need someone to pick up the slack or kick someone's ass into gear you can count on me. Don't be afraid to play a little hardball, you have a lot of influence over who get the the most fundraising in the 2020 re-election and if someone isn't a team player then they shouldn't get as much as someone that is a team player."

"The House Caucus has always been very well behaved, so far I've not really had to get the stick out, but at this rate, I'm going to have to." She nodded softly. "We've got no economic legislation, no clear economic message. That's my biggest priority. I'm also hoping to get a major police reform bill done."

Moore shaking his head "Put police reform on the backburner... I hate to say it but its only a matter of time till an incident occurs that swings public opinion in the right direction on that. When it does we should be ready to go, but we don't want to get labeled as anti-police at the wrong time."

"Economically I agree with you, but the problem is we don't know what our nominees economic message is going to be and we want to make sure everything is kosher with that. And the economic programs people do agree on come with a price tag and lifting the Wolf tax cuts which we will not get done. We can send up a bill to get killed in the Senate though, one that we know will fail."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:50 am

Dentali wrote:Moore shaking his head "Put police reform on the backburner... I hate to say it but its only a matter of time till an incident occurs that swings public opinion in the right direction on that. When it does we should be ready to go, but we don't want to get labeled as anti-police at the wrong time."

"Economically I agree with you, but the problem is we don't know what our nominees economic message is going to be and we want to make sure everything is kosher with that. And the economic programs people do agree on come with a price tag and lifting the Wolf tax cuts which we will not get done. We can send up a bill to get killed in the Senate though, one that we know will fail."

"I'm thinking I might be able to twist the President's arm on a couple of issues, not many but a few. Housing was going to be high up my list but I appreciate your advice on what I should prioritise. That said, we're going to have major issues if Murphy is the nominee beyond just economics."
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:51 am

Dentali wrote:"Jonah..." Nate said using the man's first name "I'm going to be completely honest with you here... I fully intend to fulfill our deal on the minimum wage... but my donors... a lot of Republican donors... are going to be pissed and it is going to hurt our fundraising and that's just the reality of the situation. So a PAC that could offset that would mean a heck of a lot."

"If it's the money you're afraid about, Nate, I'll make sure the money is there. We'll push up the numbers with smaller donors, and I can do the backroom stuff. My family have been raising money for the GOP for decades. We'll figure it out. I'm interested which races you think need my attention most. Nebraska-2? Maine-2? Losing Paulson in the next cycle will make holding that harder. I don't think we can save Vohoffsky in California-45 though."

"Maine 2 is the one at the top of my head... heck selfishly I would just park you in Erie, Pennsylvania now until election day. In the Senate we need to hold Colorado and Arizona most importantly... Iowa and Maine... Maybe the Senate race in Alabama. We could use you in Illinois 13th, Georgia 7th, Michigan 3rd, Pennsylvania 10th... Again this is just off the top of my head."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:54 am

Dentali wrote:"Maine 2 is the one at the top of my head... heck selfishly I would just park you in Erie, Pennsylvania now until election day. In the Senate we need to hold Colorado and Arizona most importantly... Iowa and Maine... Maybe the Senate race in Alabama. We could use you in Illinois 13th, Georgia 7th, Michigan 3rd, Pennsylvania 10th... Again this is just off the top of my head."

"Guerrera needs to be given the slack to win Colorado. We're not going to get much done in the Senate anyway without the Democrats agreeing anyway. As for Arizona though, we have to be real that Stuart is a weak candidate." Frowning, he scratched his chin. "Alabama should be okay if we don't run an idiot. Maine I know the First Lady has an interest in, Iowa I'm not sure about, I don't know if Ruler is adequately marketable. Illinois sounds good, the Michigan and Pennsylvania seats I can do. Georgia I'll take a look at."
Neoliberal

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:56 am

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

Whether or not you celebrate anything, I think we can all agree that right now's a good time to just take a step back and spend time with the people who're important, personally, I'm taking the time to catch up with my new grandson, I'm hoping he likes the onesie I got him! Happy Holidays everyone!

Eliza LeBlanc Wolf
@Eliza

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakuh, Happy Kwanzaa to all Americans around the world and to everyone who takes the time of day to celebrate just how important this time of the year is!

Chip Renfus
@ChipRenfusMS

Merry Christmas Y'all!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:06 am

Dentali wrote:Moore shaking his head "Put police reform on the backburner... I hate to say it but its only a matter of time till an incident occurs that swings public opinion in the right direction on that. When it does we should be ready to go, but we don't want to get labeled as anti-police at the wrong time."

"I'm thinking I might be able to twist the President's arm on a couple of issues, not many but a few. Housing was going to be high up my list but I appreciate your advice on what I should prioritise. That said, we're going to have major issues if Murphy is the nominee beyond just economics."

"In my experience the GOP doesn't give a crap about housing in urban areas, i'd love to be wrong on that, but i havent seen any reason why Tawney would be different. We might be able to get an infrastructure deal done? Lots of jobs and economic activity there."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:12 am

Dentali wrote:"Maine 2 is the one at the top of my head... heck selfishly I would just park you in Erie, Pennsylvania now until election day. In the Senate we need to hold Colorado and Arizona most importantly... Iowa and Maine... Maybe the Senate race in Alabama. We could use you in Illinois 13th, Georgia 7th, Michigan 3rd, Pennsylvania 10th... Again this is just off the top of my head."

"Guerrera needs to be given the slack to win Colorado. We're not going to get much done in the Senate anyway without the Democrats agreeing anyway. As for Arizona though, we have to be real that Stuart is a weak candidate." Frowning, he scratched his chin. "Alabama should be okay if we don't run an idiot. Maine I know the First Lady has an interest in, Iowa I'm not sure about, I don't know if Ruler is adequately marketable. Illinois sounds good, the Michigan and Pennsylvania seats I can do. Georgia I'll take a look at."

"I think we will be fine in Georgia unless Tawney or I fuck up badly. I have no problem giving Guerra slack but honestly i've written it off... I'm prepared to withdraw our resources if need be. If the First Lady runs in Maine then we lose, she might be a moderate but her husband isn't and that is what 90% of voters will vote based on, plus (Not Collins) deserves better than that. Iowa I believe will be fine, Ruler is a good man and he has a good head on his shoulders... he's not his dad."

"Regardless I would rather you campaign where you are comfortable and passionate, you know your own strengths and weaknesses better than I do and voters can tell if you are enthusiastic about specific candidates. I can make requests and suggestions but it's your decision... i'm not going to micromanage anyone."

United Hemand Insia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Hemand Insia » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:16 am

Detroit, Michigan - James Moore's House

Knock knock

Senator Moore opens the door.

"Ah, Mr. Moore! Glad to finally meet you! Of course, you know who I am, but in case you forgot, I am Arthur Franklin, Democrat Rep for the 10th Congressional District of Washington State."
Pro: right-wing, -life, military, police, guns, capitalism, democracy, LGBT, there's more but I can't currently think of them.
Anti: Left-wing, -choice, racial injustice, Democrats, communism, socialism, liberal, social, there's also more but I can't think of them right now.
"Looking at the rain people!" - Dion
Long Live Harry Potter
Πρέπει να είμαστε ένα με τον εαυτό μας, όχι με τον κόσμο. Πρέπει να καταλάβουμε τον εαυτό μας πριν καταλάβουμε τους άλλους.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:16 am

Dentali wrote:"In my experience the GOP doesn't give a crap about housing in urban areas, i'd love to be wrong on that, but i havent seen any reason why Tawney would be different. We might be able to get an infrastructure deal done? Lots of jobs and economic activity there."

"Possibly, but then we run the gauntlet of having handed the GOP a win on infrastructure, and then that gets back to the funding issue. They talk a good game and then refuse to commit the money to actually do the work. I know Karel wants to get green stuff in there though."
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:18 am

United Hemand Insia wrote:Detroit, Michigan - James Moore's House

Knock knock

"Ah, Mr. Moore! Glad to finally meet you! Of course, you know who I am, but in case you forgot, I am Arthur Franklin, Democrat Rep for the 10th Congressional District of Washington State."

"Congressman its good to see you, please come in" Moore ushered in the Representative and sat him in the living room "How can I help you today?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:21 am

Dentali wrote:"In my experience the GOP doesn't give a crap about housing in urban areas, i'd love to be wrong on that, but i havent seen any reason why Tawney would be different. We might be able to get an infrastructure deal done? Lots of jobs and economic activity there."

"Possibly, but then we run the gauntlet of having handed the GOP a win on infrastructure, and then that gets back to the funding issue. They talk a good game and then refuse to commit the money to actually do the work. I know Karel wants to get green stuff in there though."

"Anything we get passed is handing the GOP a win... Tawney is going to be desperate to have some sort of legacy though, we might be able to leverage that into a compromise that greatly benefits our side... Its just a potential opportunity for us and if we get him to commit to a big spending package or something it could drive a wedge in the GOP between the more populist members of the party and the more traditional conservatives who don't like spending."

United Hemand Insia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Hemand Insia » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:22 am

Dentali wrote:
United Hemand Insia wrote:Detroit, Michigan - James Moore's House

Knock knock

"Congressman its good to see you, please come in" Moore ushered in the Representative and sat him in the living room "How can I help you today?"

"As we are both Democrats, I'd like to introduce myself to all the other Democrats in office around the nation. It was obvious who to start of course. I've already marked off a handful in Washington. I'd like to strengthen the relations of all Democrat politicians in America. Great thing to stimulate my mind while I am waiting for more legislature to pass through Washington."
Pro: right-wing, -life, military, police, guns, capitalism, democracy, LGBT, there's more but I can't currently think of them.
Anti: Left-wing, -choice, racial injustice, Democrats, communism, socialism, liberal, social, there's also more but I can't think of them right now.
Long Live Harry Potter
Πρέπει να είμαστε ένα με τον εαυτό μας, όχι με τον κόσμο. Πρέπει να καταλάβουμε τον εαυτό μας πριν καταλάβουμε τους άλλους.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:28 am

United Hemand Insia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"As we are both Democrats, I'd like to introduce myself to all the other Democrats in office around the nation. It was obvious who to start of course. I've already marked off a handful in Washington. I'd like to strengthen the relations of all Democrat politicians in America. Great thing to stimulate my mind while I am waiting for more legislature to pass through Washington."

"I guess i'll take that as a compliment" Moore said a bit confused "Thank you for coming all this way... so tell me a bit about yourself? What you want to accomplish while in office?"

United Hemand Insia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Hemand Insia » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:33 am

Dentali wrote:

"I guess i'll take that as a compliment" Moore said a bit confused "Thank you for coming all this way... so tell me a bit about yourself? What you want to accomplish while in office?"

"Obviously the supposedly main goal while in office is to make your state a generally better place to live. So that's a big goal I'm working on, especially after being just re-elected. I'd like to build on Washington's weak economy industries. Use my political experience to create better legislature. Blah blah blah, the usual stuff Representatives and Senators want to accomplish. I do have an uncommon goal, though. I'd like to make common ground with the opposing parties. The chances of it happening are near to impossible, of course."
Long Live Harry Potter

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:42 am

Dentali wrote:

"Obviously the supposedly main goal while in office is to make your state a generally better place to live. So that's a big goal I'm working on, especially after being just re-elected. I'd like to build on Washington's weak economy industries. Use my political experience to create better legislature. Blah blah blah, the usual stuff Representatives and Senators want to accomplish. I do have an uncommon goal, though. I'd like to make common ground with the opposing parties. The chances of it happening are near to impossible, of course."

"...alrighty then... lets start there. Which industries did you have in mind for boosting specifically?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse