NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Titanne wrote:She gulped, but being an actress played it off well.

“No, not Donaldson.”

"You know, I wasn't thinking of Donaldson but that really does occur to me that I wasn't actively campaigning against him behind the scenes at all, which makes all of this even more crude."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:21 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Titanne wrote:She gulped, but being an actress played it off well.

“No, not Donaldson.”

"You know, I wasn't thinking of Donaldson but that really does occur to me that I wasn't actively campaigning against him behind the scenes at all, which makes all of this even more crude."

Now she was more concerned, figuring she was talking about Murphy.

“Alright.”
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:22 pm

Titanne wrote:Now she was more concerned, figuring she was talking about Murphy.

“Alright.”

Smiling softly, she reached to shake her hand. "If there's anything you need from me or from Congress just give me a call, I'll see what can be arranged."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:23 pm

Williams Campaign Office, Brooklyn, New York

"Yeah, we have to make use of everything," Tracey said walking over to a small cabinet holding various unbranded drinks. She picked out a bottle of water. "That's what people keep telling me, that I'm brave. People also think I've lost my mind, but I've got to do something, ya know? Couldn't have this just be a coronation."

She smiled again as she placed the bottle of water before taking her seat.

"Should we get down to business then?"
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Well that just sounds like bullshit."

"It is bullshit, but now I have to spend time and money and resources and political capital staving this off when I'm meant to be trying to provide effective leadership for the Party and effective accountability of this God-awful Administration and... ugh!"

"I can see why you're frustrated, any idea how it'll affect the whole you becoming the Speaker thing?

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"Yeah, we have to make use of everything," Tracey said walking over to a small cabinet holding various unbranded drinks. She picked out a bottle of water. "That's what people keep telling me, that I'm brave. People also think I've lost my mind, but I've got to do something, ya know? Couldn't have this just be a coronation."

She smiled again as she placed the bottle of water before taking her seat.

"Should we get down to business then?"

"Yes, let's. Can I just put you on the spot for the moment. What are your views on Medicare for All, a Green New Deal, 15 dollar minimum wage, criminal justice reform, plus any pet issues that you are interested in?"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:28 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"I can see why you're frustrated, any idea how it'll affect the whole you becoming the Speaker thing?

"On paper, I should be able to see this off without too much difficulty. I mean Malcolm gets primaried ineffectually every cycle too. But I dunno, with Donaldson behind this... and you know the other wolves'll be circling too. People like Westra whose noses I've left out of shape with cold, hard truths." She shook her head, scowling. "Atang's freaked out at me in an email already, thinks the whole enterprise is dead."
Neoliberal

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 pm

Gordano and ? wrote:
Titanne wrote:Now she was more concerned, figuring she was talking about Murphy.

“Alright.”

Smiling softly, she reached to shake her hand. "If there's anything you need from me or from Congress just give me a call, I'll see what can be arranged."

“Yes, of course. Well I’m glad we had this chat. Can I get you anything to drink, for the road?”
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Titanne wrote:“Yes, of course. Well I’m glad we had this chat. Can I get you anything to drink, for the road?”

"Oh no, thank you. I should get back as swiftly as I can. Have to now juggle protecting my seat with, you know, actually keeping the Democratic Party functional in Congress. God knows who else is going to do it right now..."
Neoliberal

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Titanne wrote:“Yes, of course. Well I’m glad we had this chat. Can I get you anything to drink, for the road?”

"Oh no, thank you. I should get back as swiftly as I can. Have to now juggle protecting my seat with, you know, actually keeping the Democratic Party functional in Congress. God knows who else is going to do it right now..."

“Alright. Have a good day, Caroline.”
Ridin' with Biden

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Titanne wrote:“Alright. Have a good day, Caroline.”

"You too, Selina." And with that, she nodded her head and went to take her leave.
Neoliberal

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:43 pm

Titanne wrote:“Alright. Have a good day, Caroline.”

"You too, Selina." And with that, she nodded her head and went to take her leave.

Selina trotted back up the stairs, expecting a meeting with another presidential candidate in a short amount of time.
Ridin' with Biden

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Tracey listened carefully to Levi making mental notes.

"Alright, these are good topics. Starting off with Medicare for All, I'm totally for it. I mean we're the most developed country in the world and our healthcare system is a mess! It clearly isn't fit for purpose. We weren't the richest family when I was child, we were far from it. I know so many people are in the same boat that my family and I were in, especially people in the African American community. I suppose we're lucky here in New York, our uninsured rate continues to fall, no thanks to our Governor by the way, but it's the right thing to do. As for the Green New Deal, it's really good legislation, I'd like to see it passed and signed into law as soon as possible, but I don't think we should stop at the US. The whole world is affected by the climate crisis so we should be using our relations with foreign countries on promoting lower carbon emissions, a net-zero by 2030 target and the move away from fossil fuel to renewable energy sources. Now I realise I'm not that well versed on the issue, but Climate Change is real and the current administration isn't doing anything to stop it. It makes me sick.

Now the $15 Dollar minimum wage is somewhere we don't agree completely on, but we're very close to agreeing. I'd personally like to see a $13.50 dollar minimum wage, but any increase to the minimum wage is better than not having a raise at all. I lived near enough on the minimum wage for most of my life, so I know it's important to have an actual wage you can live on. On the issue of criminal justice reform, it needs to be overhauled. We need to end mandatory sentencing for drug crimes, decriminalise drug use and have support for people who abuse drugs. I'd also like to see the legalisation of Marijuana nationally, I know there was a bill going through congress that would've helped that, I think it was VETO'd though. I want to end the for-profit prison system. No company should profit from justice and overall, it's just a scummy thing to do. There are also other items that I would like to reform, like ending the death penalty. Such an inhumane thing to do. The Justice System inherently targets the African American community, just look at the amount of African Americans incarcerated. I could go on, but I don't want to start ranting."

"My personal pet issue is the Black Lives Matter Movement, I've been working with them since the start of the campaign and I still work for them doing whatever I can. The African American community generally aren't treated right by cops and law enforcement. I mean look what happened here a few years ago, Eric Garner murdered on the streets. We need more accountability of our police because frankly, they can't be trusted. More civilian oversight is needed. But that isn't the only thing we can to do to help improve relations, we can also demilitarize our police. I mean the NYPD has an APC. No police force needs that and certainly not the one that is known for civil rights abuses."
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:27 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"I can see why you're frustrated, any idea how it'll affect the whole you becoming the Speaker thing?

"On paper, I should be able to see this off without too much difficulty. I mean Malcolm gets primaried ineffectually every cycle too. But I dunno, with Donaldson behind this... and you know the other wolves'll be circling too. People like Westra whose noses I've left out of shape with cold, hard truths." She shook her head, scowling. "Atang's freaked out at me in an email already, thinks the whole enterprise is dead."

"Atang is also a generally annoying person every once and awhile. What'd think Douglas will think of it all?"

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Titanne wrote:(Image)

Selina was excited for her first meeting of the primary season. She'd endorsed Baginski last time around, but as only an actress, her voice didn't have much pull. Now, as governor, actress, and comedian, she had more to work with. She was currently waiting for Governor Velez to arrive at her new home in Albany.

Velez arrived to the Governor’s Mansion in Albany on time for the meeting, but he waited in the reception area nevertheless. Finally, when he was showed into the Governor’s office, he smiled broadly and stretched out a hand. “Hello, Governor, it’s a pleasure to meet with you today.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:29 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Atang is also a generally annoying person every once and awhile. What'd think Douglas will think of it all?"

"Not sure. He might take it as an excuse to stay in post." She shook her head, sighing. "This is such a damned waste of time."
Neoliberal

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:33 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Ben Montgomery
Fritto Misto, Santa Monica, California
August 19th, 2019

"Third is a honest number, but you would still need to win over Michigan and Florida. That where all the candidates try to go after."

"Michigan could prove difficult. But if I can win over black voters like it seems I'm doing in South Carolina, I have the confidence I can hold Michigan. Now Florida is a different story altogether."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Meelducan wrote:

Tracey listened carefully to Levi making mental notes.

"Alright, these are good topics. Starting off with Medicare for All, I'm totally for it. I mean we're the most developed country in the world and our healthcare system is a mess! It clearly isn't fit for purpose. We weren't the richest family when I was child, we were far from it. I know so many people are in the same boat that my family and I were in, especially people in the African American community. I suppose we're lucky here in New York, our uninsured rate continues to fall, no thanks to our Governor by the way, but it's the right thing to do. As for the Green New Deal, it's really good legislation, I'd like to see it passed and signed into law as soon as possible, but I don't think we should stop at the US. The whole world is affected by the climate crisis so we should be using our relations with foreign countries on promoting lower carbon emissions, a net-zero by 2030 target and the move away from fossil fuel to renewable energy sources. Now I realise I'm not that well versed on the issue, but Climate Change is real and the current administration isn't doing anything to stop it. It makes me sick.

Now the $15 Dollar minimum wage is somewhere we don't agree completely on, but we're very close to agreeing. I'd personally like to see a $13.50 dollar minimum wage, but any increase to the minimum wage is better than not having a raise at all. I lived near enough on the minimum wage for most of my life, so I know it's important to have an actual wage you can live on. On the issue of criminal justice reform, it needs to be overhauled. We need to end mandatory sentencing for drug crimes, decriminalise drug use and have support for people who abuse drugs. I'd also like to see the legalisation of Marijuana nationally, I know there was a bill going through congress that would've helped that, I think it was VETO'd though. I want to end the for-profit prison system. No company should profit from justice and overall, it's just a scummy thing to do. There are also other items that I would like to reform, like ending the death penalty. Such an inhumane thing to do. The Justice System inherently targets the African American community, just look at the amount of African Americans incarcerated. I could go on, but I don't want to start ranting."

"My personal pet issue is the Black Lives Matter Movement, I've been working with them since the start of the campaign and I still work for them doing whatever I can. The African American community generally aren't treated right by cops and law enforcement. I mean look what happened here a few years ago, Eric Garner murdered on the streets. We need more accountability of our police because frankly, they can't be trusted. More civilian oversight is needed. But that isn't the only thing we can to do to help improve relations, we can also demilitarize our police. I mean the NYPD has an APC. No police force needs that and certainly not the one that is known for civil rights abuses."

Levi nodded reassuringly to all of her answers. Although they didn't quite agree on the minimum wage, she was easily more progressive than Simone.

"I would like to understand what your relation to John Donaldson is. A lot of things have been spiraling about, but instead of believing whatever comes out of the rumor mill I would like to hear it from you."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Rep. Simone's District Office
New York, New York
August 22th, 2019

Spellman arrived ready to meet with Rep. Caroline Simone. She was a rising Democratic leader, probably a future Speaker soon rather than later. But for now, she was also a leader in trouble. John Donaldson's girlfriend had announced a primary challenge to her and she needed to consolidate allies. And the Donaldson team was also probably looking for potential supporters. To be honest, the Spellman campaign team was divided. The progressives on his team were battling alongside the more corporate tolerant and strategy focused members to help the fellow candidate while the more pragmatic elements and several camps of anti-business activists were taking a stand firmly with the incumbent. Hence his decision to visit both camps before even commenting on the issue. Plus, he had other matters to speak with to the Caucus Chair.

He entered the district office and was guided to meet with the Representative.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:50 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Atang is also a generally annoying person every once and awhile. What'd think Douglas will think of it all?"

"Not sure. He might take it as an excuse to stay in post." She shook her head, sighing. "This is such a damned waste of time."

"You sound like you need some stress relief tea or something, either way, I'm not completely sure you'll have to worry about it. I mean sure, she'll have Donaldson money, but anyone running with that kind of backing claiming to be a progressive is going to be looked at with suspicion either way."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:51 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

New York, New York
August 22th, 2019

(Image)
Spellman arrived ready to meet with Rep. Caroline Simone. She was a rising Democratic leader, probably a future Speaker soon rather than later. But for now, she was also a leader in trouble. John Donaldson's girlfriend had announced a primary challenge to her and she needed to consolidate allies. And the Donaldson team was also probably looking for potential supporters. To be honest, the Spellman campaign team was divided. The progressives on his team were battling alongside the more corporate tolerant and strategy focused members to help the fellow candidate while the more pragmatic elements and several camps of anti-business activists were taking a stand firmly with the incumbent. Hence his decision to visit both camps before even commenting on the issue. Plus, he had other matters to speak with to the Caucus Chair.

He entered the district office and was guided to meet with the Representative.

Caroline smiled warmly as Spellman came into her office in Brooklyn. Notably, a lot of her staff who worked here in the district were of poorer backgrounds, a number of them being black or from other ethnic minorities. Gesturing to a chair for Martin to take a seat, she went to head over to a small mini-fridge. "Thank you for coming to meet me, Doctor Spellman. Is there anything you'd like to drink?"
Neoliberal

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:52 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"You sound like you need some stress relief tea or something, either way, I'm not completely sure you'll have to worry about it. I mean sure, she'll have Donaldson money, but anyone running with that kind of backing claiming to be a progressive is going to be looked at with suspicion either way."

"She claimed she was going to run it as a grassroots campaign, no big donor money. She might eschew her husband-to-be's funds to keep up that appearance. That'd be the clever thing to do." She shook her head, sighing. "Kathleen, I need to do something to demonstrate openly that I'm not at war with the progressives despite the picture they're going to try to paint."
Neoliberal

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 pm

New York, New York
August 22th, 2019

He smiled and shook her hand.

"I'm good, thank you. How are you Representative?"

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:55 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"You sound like you need some stress relief tea or something, either way, I'm not completely sure you'll have to worry about it. I mean sure, she'll have Donaldson money, but anyone running with that kind of backing claiming to be a progressive is going to be looked at with suspicion either way."

"She claimed she was going to run it as a grassroots campaign, no big donor money. She might eschew her husband-to-be's funds to keep up that appearance. That'd be the clever thing to do." She shook her head, sighing. "Kathleen, I need to do something to demonstrate openly that I'm not at war with the progressives despite the picture they're going to try to paint."

"I mean, I'm not exactly in a political frame of mind right now, but if you have any ideas off the top of your head. Maybe something with the Progressive Chairs?"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

New York, New York
August 22th, 2019

(Image)
He smiled and shook her hand.

"I'm good, thank you. How are you Representative?"

"I've had better days. I have to hold the Republican Party back from launching us into war with Iran and I've got to deal with a primary challenger being funded by a presidential candidate." Shaking her head, she sighed, smiling wistfully. "How are things going with you? Your campaign's been very good."
Neoliberal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse