NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
To: Justice Randy Cramp

Dear Friend,

It appears that your campaign is a little short on cash, you do not have the big donors of Frankston Jr. nor the vast estates of Clay. I believe I have found the remedy to your woes. I have gotten some oil and gas company executives who are quite happy with my performance pushing through pipelines throughout North Dakota. I have spoken with many of them and they have expressed interest into attending a potential big dollar fundraising dinner where they will get to meet you.

If you would be interested please write back indicating your interest.

Regards,

James

TO: James Burgun

I am very interested in this. I am been courting petrochemical industries in Texas recently to, in order to raise more fundraising for the Senate campaign.

Thanks for your support,
Randy.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:56 pm

House Minority Leader Volker’s Office, Cannon House Office Building, Washington D.C.

House Minority Leader Volker, having decided to look into the reported leaks of the Spellman campaign, decided to search for “Thomas Volker”, “Richardson”, “Porter” and “Tawney”.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Republick Deutschland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Republick Deutschland » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Eck scrolled through his daily email news alert from Fox, and saw the story about Spellman's emails. He decided he would search through himself, as he'd gotten in a bit of a spat earlier that month. He searched "Eck", "Twitter", and "Arthur Franklin".
Representative Daniel Eck (R-Michigan)
Senate Candidate Paul Rodman (R-Ohio)

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:29 pm

The Office of Representative Kathleen Nez, January 30, 2020

Linda Lazare had flown from Texas to Washington D.C overnight and arrived at the assistant speakers office mid afternoon, just in time for their meeting, Linda walked until she found the proper location and gave a tiny knock before she walked inside,
"Representative Nez, are you in?"

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Linda Lazare had flown from Texas to Washington D.C overnight and arrived at the assistant speakers office mid afternoon, just in time for their meeting, Linda walked until she found the proper location and gave a tiny knock before she walked inside,

As the Representative from Texas entered Nez's office, Kathleen was already there ready to greet her, "Representative Lazare, how's it going?" She asked as she offered up a handshake.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Republick Deutschland wrote:
(Image)
Ishpeming, Michigan

Daniel sat at his desk, phone in hand.

"Here we go."

He dialed Nate Richardson's number.

"Hello, Governor?"

“Congressman! Good to hear from you, I’ve been anxious for your call.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Republick Deutschland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Republick Deutschland » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Dentali wrote:
(Image)
Ishpeming, Michigan

Daniel sat at his desk, phone in hand.

"Here we go."

He dialed Nate Richardson's number.

"Hello, Governor?"

"Likewise, how's the campaign going?"
Representative Daniel Eck (R-Michigan)
Senate Candidate Paul Rodman (R-Ohio)

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:29 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:

As the Representative from Texas entered Nez's office, Kathleen was already there ready to greet her, "Representative Lazare, how's it going?" She asked as she offered up a handshake.

"Oh It's going!" Linda laughed as she shook Kathleen's hand, "Well, I did it, I announced my bid for the Senate! If I were to win, it would be a good day for women all around the state."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:35 pm

Dentali wrote:

"Likewise, how's the campaign going?"

“It’s going quite well thank you for asking, since the Wolf Jr endorsement calls and donations have been pouring in... we have the momentum and we already have a good lead, I don’t believe in getting cocky but I’m about as confident as I’ll let myself be.”

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Bruke wrote:
“Hmm.... well, I’m sure he has good advice to offer about that. As for your immigration views, just try not to get pigeonholed as someone out of touch with your state, eh?”

"You have my word senator." Linda laughed

“I’m glad to hear that, Representative.”

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Bruke wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"You have my word senator." Linda laughed

“I’m glad to hear that, Representative.”

"Well, unless you have anything else you'd like to speak with me about, I'll let you get going. If you do decide to endorse me, it would mean a lot senator!"

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:42 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Dated on January 31st

(Image)
WikiLeaks
@wikileaks

RELEASE: 6,315 leaked emails from the Spellman for American presidential campaign.

wikileaks.org/spellman-emails

(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

BREAKING: WikiLeaks has uploaded over 6,000 leaked emails from the Spellman campaign between top advisers. We will continue to update the story as it breaks.

Read more at cnn.com.

After commenting on twitter, Hypolite Gaspard found his way on the wikileaks website and searched, "Money, President, Kill" due to the fact that he previously watched a documentary on President Kennedy.

Showing Results for "Money", "President", and "Kill"
TO: [Marcus Isgro]
Subject: [FWD: New numbers - check it out]
Here's the money report you asked for, lots of new donors. Many first time donors, seems like we've really energized the social justice types. Clearly they haven't been saturated at all, though I doubt the DNC even has their contact info though I'm sure Zhang would probably kill for it. Not that we'll be sharing the lists. Progressives learned that lesson once.

Cheers,
Q. Oswald

TO: [Sally Weasley], [Wesley Vallancourt]
Subject: [Framing on the President]
Hey y'all,

We really need to send out the memo about framing everything in this race, especially regarding the president. I know we discussed this yesterday but I think it should be an official announcement. You know a lot of our supporters are very critical of Wolf and wishing him death, especially with his ongoing cancer, as ironic as it is given his own plight to take healthcare away :blink: , we really should avoid it. I sent y'all a calendar invite, I think that time should work but please, if you have a conflict, let me know.

Best,
--
Parker L.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:50 pm

Gaspard Family Home / Washington D.C.

Hypolite sat outside on the porch drinking coffee, pondering whether his mug is half empty or half full. Ah, it didn't matter, he had business to attend to. Hypolite stood up from his swing and went inside, he washed his mug and sat by his desk, he read his cards for the day and they told him, "Old colleague, we meet again." This brought him to one conclusion, he had to go to Washington to meet his old colleague, but which one? Which one could help him in this race? President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Mr. Myles Burckhalter!

Hypolite hopped on the next flight to Washington, and arrived at the Senators office building. After being guided to his office by a member of staff, he took off his hat as he knocked on the door, "Myles, are you in, this is Hypolite from Louisiana?" Hypolite laughed as he waited for an answer.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:02 pm

Meelducan wrote:

(Image)
WikiLeaks
@wikileaks

RELEASE: 6,315 leaked emails from the Spellman for American presidential campaign.

(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

BREAKING: WikiLeaks has uploaded over 6,000 leaked emails from the Spellman campaign between top advisers. We will continue to update the story as it breaks.

Read more at cnn.com.

Des Moines, Iowa

John Donaldson, who had just had a romantic evening with Tracey, was informed by a personal aide that a massive wikileaks dump from the Spellman Campaign came to light. He really didn’t know whether it would be a good thing or a bad thing, so he subjected an intern to look through all the emails with the words “Dayton”, “Donaldson”, “Murphy / Levi”, “Hot Dog”, “Portugal” and “Richardson”.

After the campaign aide disappeared, John rolled over to the hotel telephone and ordered a platter of Bifanas to be brought to his room. He was peckish after all the late night activity.

Showing Results for "Dayton", "Donaldson", "Murphy", "Levi", "Hot Dog", "Portugal", and "Richardson"
TO: [Kelsey Isgro], [Wesley Vallancourt]
Subject: [FWD: CNN Breaking News: Tracey Williams enters congressional race]
For f*ck's sake, look at this. Now we can't even try to mount a challenge to the Speaker without looking like we are siding with John Donaldson and his gang of money-grubbers. Throw that whole operation out the window I guess.

Isgro, Mike
m.isgro@spellman4pres.org

TO: [Sally W], [Rhonda Yvones]
Subject: [RE: Analysis of SC and NV]
Are these numbers real? Like actually? Because this is terrifying if it is. We really should pass this along though I'm sure that CZ's "conventional wisdom" probably will just get the info tossed.

But maybe MS can convince them otherwise. Do you think the Richardson campaign sees this or just playing blind?
--
Sally Weasley

TO: [Sally W]
Subject: [RE: FWD: Lunch]
Order me a hotdog please. Menu item 4, with a coke please. See you then. ;)
--
Parker

TO: [Martin Spellman]
Subject: [Invitation + other stuff]
Hey Marty,

Quick weekend update from our end: we have an invitation to speak at a climate conference in Portugal, might be interesting but probably not since it will take us off the trail too long.

We've finished our review of Murphy's latest stumping, sounds like more of the same. We also believe that Sen. Slater is prepared to take him to task in the Senate this week, there's a vote scheduled on censoring him. I've drafted some statements on behalf of the campaign but we probably should just let it play out. He is really turning into a textbook example of what not to do as a progressive but I'm sure the controversy will blow over.

We should really watch to see how Dayton responds, she'll show her true colors in either standing up to these Republican and stupid Slater or if she tries to strike some bipartisan deal.

I think that's all, see you Monday.
--
Parker L.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:04 pm

Louisianan wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

"Oh It's going!" Linda laughed as she shook Kathleen's hand, "Well, I did it, I announced my bid for the Senate! If I were to win, it would be a good day for women all around the state."

"That it would be... Let's bring this into my office," She said as she started leading the way to the more private area, "Need anything to drink?"

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:06 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Oh It's going!" Linda laughed as she shook Kathleen's hand, "Well, I did it, I announced my bid for the Senate! If I were to win, it would be a good day for women all around the state."

"That it would be... Let's bring this into my office," She said as she started leading the way to the more private area, "Need anything to drink?"

"No thank you, they gave me a bunch of water on the plane, I'm getting hydrophobic" Linda laughed

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Washington D.C.

Myles was behind his fine oak desk, which was decorated in various keepsakes, a few family photos, a gavel and other Senate Trinkets. He was expecting Hypolite, so no surprises there. He stood as soon as he heard Hypolite at his door.

“Yes, welcome Hypolite, come on in!” He extended his hand. “I trust you have been well done in Louisiana?”
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Washington D.C.

Myles was behind his fine oak desk, which was decorated in various keepsakes, a few family photos, a gavel and other Senate Trinkets. He was expecting Hypolite, so no surprises there. He stood as soon as he heard Hypolite at his door.

“Yes, welcome Hypolite, come on in!” He extended his hand. “I trust you have been well done in Louisiana?”

"Oh absolutely," Hypolite said shaking the Senator's hand, "I'm trying to get back in the game as you well know."

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Bruke wrote:

(Image)
WikiLeaks
@wikileaks

(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

Read more at cnn.com.

Volek’s staffers at the Democratic Leader’s Suite and at his main constituent office in New York City searched for “Karel Volek”, “Minority Leader”, “New York”, and “John Donaldson”.

Showing Results for “Karel Volek”, “Minority Leader”, “New York”, and “John Donaldson”
TO: [Sally Weasley]
Subject: [New York strategy]
Hey Sally,

I think I've outlined the key information from the strategy meeting we had. Voorhees has basically gone radio silent and seems keen on supporting the Speaker. We also killed any potential challenges to the Minority Leader, Donaldson ruined that and if the Oregon plan goes through, we don't want to lose support. Oh, and we should prepare a challenger for MD. He might be a perfect target, the symbolism won't be lost and hopefully he wouldn't be missed. The details are linked to another file, please share your thoughts too.

--
Rhonda
(231) 288-1931

TO: [Kelsey Isgro], [Marcus Isgro]
Subject: [RE: Potential investigation]
Hello,

So there is a group of journalists and filmmakers looking to "expose" K. Volek's past political affiliations and rise through the ranks, not sure about their credibility. I've attached a document with their names and credentials, mind having one of the staffers check them out. I want to clear this up before I go to Parker or MS. But I'm not even sure I will, wanted your input on both things.

Wes

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:34 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:

(Image)
WikiLeaks
@wikileaks

(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

Read more at cnn.com.

Kathleen, stuck at the office late at night, decided to hit the link and search up, "Nez, Shortlist".

Showing Results for "Nez" and "Shortlist"
TO: [Kelly Isgro]
Subject: [FWD: Nez endorsement possible???]
So we aren't sure if the rumors are true but there's a shred of a chance? That sounds like something we need to seize on, because if Nez isn't as stuck to Murphy as we've been thinking, peeling away her endorsement could really help. Not to mention it would cost Levi his only supporter of color (not that surprising given his ignorance to BIPOC issues).

--
Sally Weasley

TO: [Wesley Vallancourt]
Subject: [RE: Shortlist of info]
Real consequences are coming if the vote swings to Jillian, we've known that for a while. We just have to wait if the votes end up that way but Wesley, I hope you realize that Rhonda and I are ready to go denounce the decision. But if you follow the shortlist of points and concessions, you know Osborne won't even lift a finger. Please remind MS of that, I can't be there and Rhonda has enough on her plate.

Isgro, Mike
m.isgro@spellman4pres.org

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Louisianan wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

"No thank you, they gave me a bunch of water on the plane, I'm getting hydrophobic" Linda laughed

Kathleen laughed along with the Congresswomen, "So, what brings you to my office today?" She asked as she sat down in a chair in the corner of her office that had another chair facing opposite to it.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:40 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"No thank you, they gave me a bunch of water on the plane, I'm getting hydrophobic" Linda laughed

Kathleen laughed along with the Congresswomen, "So, what brings you to my office today?" She asked as she sat down in a chair in the corner of her office that had another chair facing opposite to it.

Linda sat down and crossed her ankles, "Well, ma'am, I don't want to waste your time so I'll cut to the chase. I've spoken with Senator Karel Volek, and Senator Bunker, and I listened to their advice immensely. I want to win this race, and I'm willing to work like hell for it. But, as you know, sometimes things can get a little bit more difficult for us women, and I want to maximize my chances at getting past the primary, and to do that, I would like to request an endorsement from you." Linda said dramatically,

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:

(Image)
WikiLeaks
@wikileaks

(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

Read more at cnn.com.

Kim, day-drinking in her D.C. apartment, decided to take a lazy afternoon and search through some of that weirdo from California's emails.

"Dunbar"/"Murphy"/"Communism"/"Dayton"

Showing Results for "Dunbar", "Murphy", "Communism", and "Dayton"
TO: [Marcus isgro]
Subject: [Communism quiz]
A nice way to check if we are truly leftists, take it! Found out I'm not as radical as I thought. Land redistribution who?

--
Kelly

TO: [Quentin Oswald]
Subject: [RE: FWD: CNN: Sen. Dunbar enters race for President ]
Quentin, next time you forward some news, please make sure its real news. I don't want to hear about this nobody politician. At best she triggers a contested convention, at worst she stays in the race dragging her credibility behind her.

Okay, but all jokes aside, did you get the new Dayton and Murphy numbers? Not looking bad though it seems Dayton has benefited from Velez being off the trail. Not sure what that says about her ability to win when things are actually competitive.

Wes

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:59 pm

(Image)
WikiLeaks
@wikileaks

(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

Read more at cnn.com.

Caucus Chair Crawford wasn't one to be thrilled about leaks targeting fellow Democrats, but in this case, his curiosity got the best of him. He peered through the emails and searched for anything mentioning "Crawford" "Simone" "Speaker" and "Congress".
Die nasty!!111

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Emazia wrote:Porter immediately rushed to the emails, hoping to extract something actionable: "Richardson", "China", "Money"

Berkowitz uses the same terms, coordinating with Porter to find something actionable.

Showing Results for "Richardson", "China", and "Money"
TO: [Marcus isgro], [Martin Spellman]
Subject: [IMPORTANT - discussion on GOP primary]
Hello Marcus, Marty;

The strategy team has been discussing the analysis we've been doing and with the internal polls coming back, we think its time to discuss the GOP primary. While we are tenable to a Richardson administration in an event of his victory, especially given his record on standing up for moderate social policies to a degree and willingness to offend his own party, we still are urging action. especially to the DNC, to invest in a real strategy against Porter and Richardson. Like Oswald outlined in the last email chain, it's not about money. It's about the damn turnout and excitement.

--
Wes

TO: [Rex Osbourne]
Subject: [RE: RE: Week report on speeches]
Just keep all messaging about China on the topic of fairer trade and human rights, we can't really take a stand anywhere else without appearing too wildly isolationist. Also note the shift all of the GOP candidates are doing. Porter keeps pushing the envelope on China, making it harder to confront him while DP and NR are taking the classic road. Only makes him a tougher challenger in the general.

More detailed memo will come soon.
--
Rhonda
(231) 288-1931
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse