NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Earl Tenson
@MTAtLarge

I have been proud to serve alongside Representative Diane Paulson throughout her house career. I have never seen anyone else so dedicated to the ideas of freedom and liberty. I wish her nothing but the best of luck in her retirement and thank her for her many years of government service to our nation.

Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Velahor wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Colbert sees the CNN article and sends Paulson a text.
"What are your plans for 2020?"

If Nate wins? I'll likely serve in his admin.
If Nate loses? I'm getting back into media and getting capital from investors to start a new TV station.

Colbert texts back.
"If you can, could you come by my office? I want to introduce a version of your tax plan and I need to discuss details."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Diane Paulson is a shining example of an advocate for small government and I wish her the best of luck. This country has been MADE GREAT AGAIN thanks to her public service and she will surely be missed in Congress!
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:38 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Velahor wrote:
If Nate wins? I'll likely serve in his admin.
If Nate loses? I'm getting back into media and getting capital from investors to start a new TV station.

Colbert texts back.
"If you can, could you come by my office? I want to introduce a version of your tax plan and I need to discuss details."

Diane had just recorded her endorsement video for Nate in her office, and stopped by Colbert's office on the way to where she was staying.

She knocked on the door.

"Senator Colbert, you said that you needed me?"
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Woah..." Nate said and putting his hands up in a stop motion "I do NOT have the nomination by any means... right now more Prendy supporters got to Porter than me, I have people working on hurting that transition but we didn't really have any prep time for this. My path could actually be more difficult without Prendergast in the race."

"Your Vice-President, though, that was the main point of my question."

"I'll answer I just wanted to make it abundantly clear by no means is the nomination locked up... For VP i would like the RNC to join me in a through process of vetting and validating individuals. In general I am looking for someone that is more of a culture warrior and more firey than myself while providing the experience necessary for the job. A list leaked awhile back and that was a real list... Right now my number one by a large margin is Laura Dunn."

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Velahor wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Colbert texts back.

Diane had just recorded her endorsement video for Nate in her office, and stopped by Colbert's office on the way to where she was staying.

She knocked on the door.

Colbert was in his office reading over some policy papers when Paulson came.
"Yes, come in Representative. Please, have a seat."

"Now even though I went with Richardson, I still believe the tax plan you laid out in your primary campaign has a lot of merit. I would like to discuss various tax plans with various conservatives and even a few of the more moderate Democrats in order to improve on the tax cuts. Now could you please give me the details of your plan?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Hogadon Ski Area, Wyoming

As Michelle came to halt, she moved her ski goggles from her face. She had spent the morning skiing on the Casper Mountain, skiing with her son. It was sort of tradition in the Brown family, with them going skiing a few times a year. Washington was heating up, however, with Wolf being missing from the picture for a few months now, the angst within her was growing. As time passed, Michelle knew she was going to have to speak up to someone, but now wasn't the time to do that. She'd rather tow the party line, than picking fights with a dying old man.

As she uncoupled her ski boots from her skis, she signalled to her son, Jeremy, to do one more lap before they went for lunch. She gathered her skis and poles together before heading to the back of her trunk to dump the gear into it and take off those ski boots.

Climbing into her truck, she turned on her cell phone again. Normally the service up the Casper Mountain wasn't the best, so she preferred to keep it off while she skiied, but she gained a couple bars of service. Looking through her messages and call logs, she had seen quite a few people had been trying to get a hold of her. And it was for good reason. Paulson had dropped out. She wasn't really surprised about it, however, she was surprised she had not been told about it earlier, she had to find out with the rest of the public. Even after the committment Paulson made to her, Michelle wasn't mad, just extremely annoyed. Annoyed she didn't deliver. But there wasn't much point dwelling on the thought or on Paulson, so she got on Twitter and blocked @DianeforLiberty . As soon as she done this, Jeremy showed up, smiling. She pushed open the truck door and smiled back at him.

"Where we going for Lunch, kiddo?"
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:24 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Velahor wrote:

She knocked on the door.

Colbert was in his office reading over some policy papers when Paulson came.

"Now even though I went with Richardson, I still believe the tax plan you laid out in your primary campaign has a lot of merit. I would like to discuss various tax plans with various conservatives and even a few of the more moderate Democrats in order to improve on the tax cuts. Now could you please give me the details of your plan?"

"Absolutely, I brought this along."

Paulson handed him a copy of the white paper she wrote on the tax plan.

The Prosperity Plan
Diane Paulson 2020 Tax Plan

Summary

America has more untapped economic potential that we can imagine. Diane Paulson’s Prosperity Plan looks to use that potential to raise the standard of living for all Americans through tax cuts, economic growth, and simplification of the tax code. As part of Diane Paulson’s belief in creating a Great Economic Revolution, the Prosperity Plan will benefit the American taxpayer and bring unbelievable strength to the US economy.

Policies

-15% flat income tax, household incomes under $55,000 are typically exempt. All income is subject to 15% tax: wages and salaries, capital gains, dividends, interest, and rents.
-15% Corporate Transfer Tax (CTT), designed to eliminate tax loopholes and truly tax all business activity. Eliminates loopholes while also dropping tax rates and stimulating the economy.
-$15,000 standard deduction per filer, $5,000 per person
-Retain home mortgage and charitable deductions, the child tax credit, student tax credits, eliminates most other tax credits and deductions.
-Eliminate payroll tax, the estate tax, all customs duties and tariffs. Consider eliminating the the earned income tax credit.
-Easier tax filing.
-Corporate Tax Exemption for Family Farms

Projected Effects

Effects based on 10-year dynamic economic projections
-16% increase in American’s after-tax paychecks.
-Accounting for economic growth, the plan would actually earn more tax revenue over 10 years than our current tax code.
-4.3 million new jobs.
-GDP increased by 12.9% more than projections under current tax code.

Conclusion

President Paulson’s “Prosperity Plan” will result in economic growth, an increase in new jobs, and will sustain current revenues causing rapid yet sustainable economic growth. These cuts will stimulate our economy into a Great Economic Revolution, where every man, woman, and child has more in their pocket to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves.

"This should lay out the details, it's very similar to the plan (not-Rand Paul) used during his 2016 campaign. Here's the basics: 15% flat income tax with a poverty exemption, I set it at $55,000 for campaign purposes but if you aren't finding enough revenue in the budget you can lower the exemption to $30,000. 15% Corporate Transfer Tax to replace current corporate taxes, it's basically a VAT. Farms and ranches with under 10 employees are exempt from the CTT, agricultural companies with over 10 employees pay 5% instead of 15% like other corporations would."

"It's not perfect, but it's more substantial and thought-out than most of the tax plans getting floated by politicians these days."
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Dentali wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
"It's been a while since I was the candidate, it's not like it'd be my first campaign. But I'll keep that in mind," She started off in a rather relaxed tone, "I'm curious though, as a thought experiment, do you think I'd have a better chance of winning if I were to run as an Independent or if I were to challenge [not-Collins] for the Republican nomination?"

"Between the two you definitely have a better shot primarying (Not Collins)... though she is certainly a wiley survivor. But i'm not going to tell you to primary a republican (Not Collins) has been doing this for over 20 years and has been loyal to your husband even when it wasn't smart for her politically, a lot of people would be resentful of you for it and frankly a lot of people would question why you weren't with your husband more as he is dying. Not to mention its fairly late to start this kind of campaign and it would make progress incredibly difficult.... What I would recommend is taking the next 2 years to rebuild your network in Maine, get reconnected to voters and then run for Governor in '22"

"Hmmm," She hummed out audibly, "Right now my team and me are waiting for some polling results to come back in before we go further, but I can definitely see what you're getting at. What about you, how's your campaign going with the recent events?"

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Velahor wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Colbert was in his office reading over some policy papers when Paulson came.

"Absolutely, I brought this along."

Paulson handed him a copy of the white paper she wrote on the tax plan.

The Prosperity Plan
Diane Paulson 2020 Tax Plan

Summary

America has more untapped economic potential that we can imagine. Diane Paulson’s Prosperity Plan looks to use that potential to raise the standard of living for all Americans through tax cuts, economic growth, and simplification of the tax code. As part of Diane Paulson’s belief in creating a Great Economic Revolution, the Prosperity Plan will benefit the American taxpayer and bring unbelievable strength to the US economy.

Policies

-15% flat income tax, household incomes under $55,000 are typically exempt. All income is subject to 15% tax: wages and salaries, capital gains, dividends, interest, and rents.
-15% Corporate Transfer Tax (CTT), designed to eliminate tax loopholes and truly tax all business activity. Eliminates loopholes while also dropping tax rates and stimulating the economy.
-$15,000 standard deduction per filer, $5,000 per person
-Retain home mortgage and charitable deductions, the child tax credit, student tax credits, eliminates most other tax credits and deductions.
-Eliminate payroll tax, the estate tax, all customs duties and tariffs. Consider eliminating the the earned income tax credit.
-Easier tax filing.
-Corporate Tax Exemption for Family Farms

Projected Effects

Effects based on 10-year dynamic economic projections
-16% increase in American’s after-tax paychecks.
-Accounting for economic growth, the plan would actually earn more tax revenue over 10 years than our current tax code.
-4.3 million new jobs.
-GDP increased by 12.9% more than projections under current tax code.

Conclusion

President Paulson’s “Prosperity Plan” will result in economic growth, an increase in new jobs, and will sustain current revenues causing rapid yet sustainable economic growth. These cuts will stimulate our economy into a Great Economic Revolution, where every man, woman, and child has more in their pocket to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves.

"This should lay out the details, it's very similar to the plan (not-Rand Paul) used during his 2016 campaign. Here's the basics: 15% flat income tax with a poverty exemption, I set it at $55,000 for campaign purposes but if you aren't finding enough revenue in the budget you can lower the exemption to $30,000. 15% Corporate Transfer Tax to replace current corporate taxes, it's basically a VAT. Farms and ranches with under 10 employees are exempt from the CTT, agricultural companies with over 10 employees pay 5% instead of 15% like other corporations would."

"It's not perfect, but it's more substantial and thought-out than most of the tax plans getting floated by politicians these days."

Colbert spends a minute reading it and taking down some notes.
'This appears to be a well thought out plan that will truly help Americans. Just curious, did you see Senator Bateson's proposals? That appears to be the only other tax plan laid out by a conservative in this last year that I saw."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:17 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Between the two you definitely have a better shot primarying (Not Collins)... though she is certainly a wiley survivor. But i'm not going to tell you to primary a republican (Not Collins) has been doing this for over 20 years and has been loyal to your husband even when it wasn't smart for her politically, a lot of people would be resentful of you for it and frankly a lot of people would question why you weren't with your husband more as he is dying. Not to mention its fairly late to start this kind of campaign and it would make progress incredibly difficult.... What I would recommend is taking the next 2 years to rebuild your network in Maine, get reconnected to voters and then run for Governor in '22"

"Hmmm," She hummed out audibly, "Right now my team and me are waiting for some polling results to come back in before we go further, but I can definitely see what you're getting at. What about you, how's your campaign going with the recent events?"

"We were not expecting Prendergast to drop... but i'm incredibly proud of how my team has been able to scramble and respond to it. We were cautiously optimistic before and overperforming our goals in states like New Hampshire already... we expect a bad poll or two with Porter soaking up some support but we are confident we can chip away... My campaign infrastructure is much better and we are well situated to steal those voters and drive a wedge between the camps."

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:47 pm

]
James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
End racism in college admissions processes! It is very unfair to treat people differently based on the colour of their skin. Especially when the difference between admissions for black and Asian applicants are so high!
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:44 am

White River Junction, Vermont
December 13, 2019

Governor Jim Slim, ever the busy bee, always enjoyed killing two metaphorical birds with one metaphorical stone. In this case, the birds were meetings.

First up was a town hall at the VSC campus about the Upper Valley Partnership, which was slowly bearing fruit in border communities just like this one. He opened up the event with a short speech, recognizing the town’s history with the tech industry -whether with New England Digital or the Tip Top Building- and praising local residents for seizing the opportunity to turn their town into a tech hub for the 21st century. The event took up most of the afternoon, during which he answered questions and received feedback from the business community and college students.

When the early afternoon had turned into the late afternoon, he made his way to a cafe at the Tip Top Building, and waited for the man of the hour.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:02 am

Tammy Tablot
@VegasQueenTablot

So so so incredibly disappointing that my deary - Diane Paulson - has dropped out of the race. I hope she uses her new free time to reconnect with the grand-kids. Best of luck for the future.

- Tammy

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:06 am

Dentali wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

"Your Vice-President, though, that was the main point of my question."

"I'll answer I just wanted to make it abundantly clear by no means is the nomination locked up... For VP i would like the RNC to join me in a through process of vetting and validating individuals. In general I am looking for someone that is more of a culture warrior and more firey than myself while providing the experience necessary for the job. A list leaked awhile back and that was a real list... Right now my number one by a large margin is Laura Dunn."

"Laura Dunn? She's great, for sure. And I understand why you'd pick her. But you picked her earlier on, for primary purposes I can no doubt expect. She has a lot of sway in Iowa, the kind of people you need to win the primary and get a good win off the mark. It makes sense if you think solely in the terms of the Republican Primary. There's a greater challenge ahead of you and that's re-creating the Wolf coalition of 2016. As I said to Governor Prendergast, I am open to being the Vice-President. I have the experience - working as a Senior advisor, the Republican-insider connections through my time in the RNC and most importantly, I am a young, fiery Wolfist woman. But I don't want to spend this whole time selling myself to you, what are you considering in a Vice-Presidential candidate?"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:24 am

Puertollano wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Laura Dunn? She's great, for sure. And I understand why you'd pick her. But you picked her earlier on, for primary purposes I can no doubt expect. She has a lot of sway in Iowa, the kind of people you need to win the primary and get a good win off the mark. It makes sense if you think solely in the terms of the Republican Primary. There's a greater challenge ahead of you and that's re-creating the Wolf coalition of 2016. As I said to Governor Prendergast, I am open to being the Vice-President. I have the experience - working as a Senior advisor, the Republican-insider connections through my time in the RNC and most importantly, I am a young, fiery Wolfist woman. But I don't want to spend this whole time selling myself to you, what are you considering in a Vice-Presidential candidate?"

"The main reason I picked her is that I might die.... Yea she helps in Iowa and with other electoral aspects but if I didn't feel safe with the country in her hands I wouldn't put her on the list.... You are certainly a candidate, top 2-3 to be frank... but I greatly value executive experience and I am honestly quite self conscious regarding my lack of foreign policy experience and want someone in the Vice Presidency that can bring some experience on that. However I won't make a decision until the party gets its say, so I will give you this choice... you can either head the VP search process or you can be one of the three finalists for the job. I don't want those roles to overlap."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:28 am

Bruke wrote:White River Junction, Vermont
December 13, 2019

(Image)

Governor Jim Slim, ever the busy bee, always enjoyed killing two metaphorical birds with one metaphorical stone. In this case, the birds were meetings.

First up was a town hall at the VSC campus about the Upper Valley Partnership, which was slowly bearing fruit in border communities just like this one. He opened up the event with a short speech, recognizing the town’s history with the tech industry -whether with New England Digital or the Tip Top Building- and praising local residents for seizing the opportunity to turn their town into a tech hub for the 21st century. The event took up most of the afternoon, during which he answered questions and received feedback from the business community and college students.

When the early afternoon had turned into the late afternoon, he made his way to a cafe at the Tip Top Building, and waited for the man of the hour.

Nate typically had to be incognito for most of these meetings with potential endorsers but for this meeting he didn't have to worry about it as he was already bundled up for the cold Vermont weather. He and a small detail arrived at the Tip Top to meet with the Governor.

"Governor Slim" Richardson said in a slight southern accent and shaking his hand "Thank you so much for making this work... My schedule is hectic as you can imagine."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:38 am

Nate Richardson
Polk County, Iowa
December 10th, 2019

Nate had spent over 50 days in Iowa since the campaign started compared to roughly 9 by Porter, on top of that he had the endorsements of the Dunn family, and the Ruler family and had spent months cultivating relationships with key figures and locals attending important cattlecalls in the state basically unopposed. Potential pickups from wayward Prendergast voters were targeted surgically and efficiently by the Richardson campaign. As part of that effort Richardson was incredibly visible today in the blue collar areas around Des Moines, visiting blue collar businesses and after people got home from work blue collar homes. He emphasized ESAs and his economic and industrial policies that would raise wages, create jobs, and lower the cost of living. Mostly he listened and asked thoughtful questions to these families and how they suffered and struggled and what they needed the most help with. He showed empathy and insight doing his best to make an impression in a personal and apolitical way.

Nate Richardson
Dorchester County, South Carolina
December 11th, 2019

Nate spent the majority of the day in Dorchester having small group meetings with faith leaders and evangelical voters. Aside from his fairly standard pitch to these voters he reminded voters time and again that Porter did not believe life began at conception, would destroy Social Security and supported a socialist welfare state. He openly spoke with african american leaders as well, his stance on the confederate monuments, his partnership with Little, and his contrast to Porter had given him a bit of an opening with the community which he exploited readily. He didn’t expect to win large numbers of African Americans but he could win enough to make a difference on the margins or to lower turnout in the general. He spent time at Cummins Turbo Technologies, Daimler AG, and the Hess Corporation where he emphasized his industrial plan and support for blue collar workers.

Nate Richardson
Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
December 12th, 2019

Hitting the ground in Hillsborough was almost a triumphant coming home for Richardson, if he stood to gain voters anywhere from the collapse of Porter it was New Hampshire which had basically been entirely neglected by Porter. Nate’s day in New Hampshire was mainly made up of clandestine meetings with Merriam, Slim and Lilyana just over the border but Nate made some time for campaigning in the key county of HIllsborough. He visited St. Joseph Hospital and the Southern New Hampshire Health system where he spoke to patients and healthcare workers about reducing healthcare costs and improving private insurance. To the older residents he continually emphasized his commitment to protecting social security while Porter would abolish it wholesale. The evening saw him at the Bishop Guertin High School, a private Catholic school where he briefly met with some students and teachers before holding a townhall for the people of Hillsborough.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:33 am

Dentali wrote:
Bruke wrote:White River Junction, Vermont
December 13, 2019

(Image)

Nate typically had to be incognito for most of these meetings with potential endorsers but for this meeting he didn't have to worry about it as he was already bundled up for the cold Vermont weather. He and a small detail arrived at the Tip Top to meet with the Governor.

"Governor Slim" Richardson said in a slight southern accent and shaking his hand "Thank you so much for making this work... My schedule is hectic as you can imagine."

Jim smiled and also shook Richardson’s hand. “Yes, I imagine you’re looking to seize the moment now that Prendergast is out of the race... You want to make sure you’re competitive or ahead in the key states... like New Hampshire, which brings you here. I guess we should start with the question of what kind of president you want to be... As you can imagine, even though Wolf is from New England, he’s not exactly the best-liked political figure up here. Republicans have only been able to win by stressing bipartisanship, and I firmly believe we need a bridge-building president now more than ever.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:24 am

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Jim smiled and also shook Richardson’s hand. “Yes, I imagine you’re looking to seize the moment now that Prendergast is out of the race... You want to make sure you’re competitive or ahead in the key states... like New Hampshire, which brings you here. I guess we should start with the question of what kind of president you want to be... As you can imagine, even though Wolf is from New England, he’s not exactly the best-liked political figure up here. Republicans have only been able to win by stressing bipartisanship, and I firmly believe we need a bridge-building president now more than ever.”

"Its changed since he was elected here certainly" Nate sat and made himself comfortable "With Paulson out i'm not too worried about New Hampshire considering Porter literally hasn't spent a day in the state since announcing... But here i have stressed a heavy economic and bipartisanship focused message, past 2 years at politics and eggs and then on the stump ever since.... its not just bull either, I have a good bipartisan record and lead a purple state. Regardless I still would like your support."

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 am

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Expand SCOTUS!

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:48 am

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
We need elected SCOTUS members so far-left people like Spellman don't get a chance to appoint socialist activists to the Supreme Court!

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
An "independent judiciary" just means an institution unaccountable to the people! They are responsible for so many bad decisions!
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:57 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
(Image)
Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Expand SCOTUS!

Earl Tenson
@MTAtLarge

When Democrats fail to win voters with their policies, they seek to undermine our Constitution and our entire Democratic system but engaging in un-Democratic practices like packing the court so they can pass whatever laws they wish without having to worry about constitutionality. They can’t get Justices by winning presidential elections, so they seek to undermine our Republic instead.

Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:16 am

Dentali wrote:
Bruke wrote:

"Its changed since he was elected here certainly" Nate sat and made himself comfortable "With Paulson out i'm not too worried about New Hampshire considering Porter literally hasn't spent a day in the state since announcing... But here i have stressed a heavy economic and bipartisanship focused message, past 2 years at politics and eggs and then on the stump ever since.... its not just bull either, I have a good bipartisan record and lead a purple state. Regardless I still would like your support."

“Paulson’s withdrawal certainly made my decision easier... I’ve never endorsed presidential candidates before... mostly because I want to avoid the other side nationalizing Vermont elections that are supposed to be about the issues facing Vermonters. I made an exception this time around because I don’t want to see Porter get the nomination. You’re certainly had a bipartisan record as Governor, but for my sake give me a concrete example of how you’ll be bipartisan- you know, your agenda, Cabinet picks, things like that.”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:22 am

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“Paulson’s withdrawal certainly made my decision easier... I’ve never endorsed presidential candidates before... mostly because I want to avoid the other side nationalizing Vermont elections that are supposed to be about the issues facing Vermonters. I made an exception this time around because I don’t want to see Porter get the nomination. You’re certainly had a bipartisan record as Governor, but for my sake give me a concrete example of how you’ll be bipartisan- you know, your agenda, Cabinet picks, things like that.”

"I do plan on at least trying to get dems in the cabinet... I have a decent relationship with Simone as far as legislation goes... First thing I want to do is infrastructure and meet them in the middle then tackle immigration reform and maybe even healthcare if we are lucky... heck I can only say so much in a primary but i'm flexible on a lot of we can move the country forward."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse