NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:50 pm

Dentali wrote:
Kargintina the Third wrote:(Image)

Representative Earl Tenson
Helena, Montana
December 13th, 2019

"Good evening my fellow Montanans, Christians, patriots, and friends. Like many of you I was greatly saddened by the loss of Governor Jonah Prendergast in the race for President. From the beginning Governor Prendergast showed me he was a fighter. A fighter for our nation and the people in it. I was proud to stand by his side when he came here to our state, firing up a crowd of patriots with the desire to defend our way of life.

With the tragic loss of the Governor from the Presidential race, we are left with two choices forward within our party. And personally, I think the logical choice is clear. For those of you who looked forward to voting for Governor Prendergast who are now undecided on who you will support next, let me tell you about Governor Nathaniel Richardson.

As Governor of North Carolina, he has managed to put into place many of the same Conservative policies I have been campaigning on for own state. Nate Richardson is a true Christian, patriot, and Conservative who will help us uphold the foundations our nation was built on. He will continue the Wolf Revolution that has helped our country thrive the last three years. He will continue the Wolf tax cuts, strengthen our military, and defend our Christian values our people holds dear. It is for these reasons that I have chosen to endorse Governor Richardson for President.

Of all the candidates still in the Republican running for President, the Governor is the only true Conservative and Wolfist. He will defend the Second Amendment, our unborn, and our flag. The choice is simple. Nate Richardson is the only one to uphold our Christian views, our nation, and our way of life. This is why I encourage all of you to vote Nathaniel Richardson for President in 2020.

Thank you, I will know be taking any questions."

Reporter: Congressman, you say Richardson is the only true Conservative in the race... By implication you believe Porter isn't a conservative?

"Let me clarify, Bernie Porter has a long record of service and dedication to our country. While I hold no ill will towards him, I strongly disagree with his Universal Basic Income and his Land Tax. Governor Richardson is the only one who will uphold the Wolf tax cuts and Reagonomics."
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Eliza LeBlanc Wolf
December 14th, 2019
Denver, Colorado

Wearing a casual set of clothes topped off with a Patriots hat, Eliza stepped out onto the tarmac feeling as if she'd somehow been teleported back to the days before the campaign. Memories of escaping to Colorado to enjoy a weekend away of skiing while the wives of her Husband's friends continued bitching on about the upcoming Christmas celebrations popped in and out of her head as she made her way to the blacked-out SUV that was there waiting for her.

Jumping into the SUV, Eliza, along with the Secret Service agent she brought with her to Colorado, were off to the sufficiently discreet area agreed upon by the First Lady and the Governor of North Carolina. Once there, they waited. Eliza for the Governor and her Secret Service agent for when to open up the door or otherwise protect the First Lady.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:53 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Eliza LeBlanc Wolf
December 14th, 2019
Denver, Colorado

Wearing a casual set of clothes topped off with a Patriots hat, Eliza stepped out onto the tarmac feeling as if she'd somehow been teleported back to the days before the campaign. Memories of escaping to Colorado to enjoy a weekend away of skiing while the wives of her Husband's friends continued bitching on about the upcoming Christmas celebrations popped in and out of her head as she made her way to the blacked-out SUV that was there waiting for her.

Jumping into the SUV, Eliza, along with the Secret Service agent she brought with her to Colorado, were off to the sufficiently discreet area agreed upon by the First Lady and the Governor of North Carolina. Once there, they waited. Eliza for the Governor and her Secret Service agent for when to open up the door or otherwise protect the First Lady.

Nate waited patiently and greeted her warmly, shaking her hand and giving a relaxed but professional aura "Mrs. Wolf thank you for seeing me... I'm so happy we could make this work."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:59 pm

Dentali wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Eliza LeBlanc Wolf
December 14th, 2019
Denver, Colorado

Nate waited patiently and greeted her warmly, shaking her hand and giving a relaxed but professional aura "Mrs. Wolf thank you for seeing me... I'm so happy we could make this work."

"It's not a problem at all," She started as she accepted the handshake, "When you said Colorado I told my Cheif of Staff to open up my schedule for a weekend trip, it's been a while since I been able to hit the slopes anyways."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"It's not a problem at all," She started as she accepted the handshake, "When you said Colorado I told my Cheif of Staff to open up my schedule for a weekend trip, it's been a while since I been able to hit the slopes anyways."

Nate smiled and nodded "a fellow athlete then? I'm always down for a hike or a run myself... i've skiied a bit but not nearly enough ski lodges in Carolina to make it a regular thing. I figure you will probably enjoy getting away for a bit?"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Dentali wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
"I've gone past the point of grieving and are now entering the point of acceptance. It's incredibly sad, compounded with all of the political campaigning about his record - attacks on a dying man - it's disgraceful. What did you want to speak with me about?"

"I'm sorry to say but it is of a political nature. If I had to guess you were somewhat partial to Prendgergast in the race, but I don't know for certain or want to assume. What I will say is that with Prendergast out of the race the chance of Porter becoming the nominee has increased significantly... I believe that Paulson has reached her peak and polling seems to back that up. I'm the only candidate with enough current support and enough room to grow in order to take him on."

"So I would like to ask you, are you comfortable with Porter being the nominee?"

"Considering how many times I have tried to kick him out of the debate? No way. You were right to assume I was leaning on the side of Prendergast, but you have my full support for the Presidency of the United States. Now, since you are the Presidential nominee - basically - who are you going to pick for your VP slot?"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Dentali wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

Nate smiled and nodded "a fellow athlete then? I'm always down for a hike or a run myself... i've skiied a bit but not nearly enough ski lodges in Carolina to make it a regular thing. I figure you will probably enjoy getting away for a bit?"

"It's always nice to get away this time of year, normally I'd be in Maine right about now or atleast packing for it."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"I'm sorry to say but it is of a political nature. If I had to guess you were somewhat partial to Prendgergast in the race, but I don't know for certain or want to assume. What I will say is that with Prendergast out of the race the chance of Porter becoming the nominee has increased significantly... I believe that Paulson has reached her peak and polling seems to back that up. I'm the only candidate with enough current support and enough room to grow in order to take him on."

"So I would like to ask you, are you comfortable with Porter being the nominee?"

"Considering how many times I have tried to kick him out of the debate? No way. You were right to assume I was leaning on the side of Prendergast, but you have my full support for the Presidency of the United States. Now, since you are the Presidential nominee - basically - who are you going to pick for your VP slot?"

"Woah..." Nate said and putting his hands up in a stop motion "I do NOT have the nomination by any means... right now more Prendy supporters got to Porter than me, I have people working on hurting that transition but we didn't really have any prep time for this. My path could actually be more difficult without Prendergast in the race."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:24 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"It's always nice to get away this time of year, normally I'd be in Maine right about now or atleast packing for it."

"Im sorry but I must ask... how is your husband doing? How is the family holding up?"

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:10 pm

I wanted to vote for Jonah Prendergast in Texas
12/15/19 | Howard T. Frankston

I first entered Congress in 1985, at a time when President Reagan and Speaker O'Neill worked diligently to address key issues that confronted our nation. Democrats and Republicans could disagree but we came together to meet the expectations of the American people. Since the earliest dawns of our Republic, the fundamental core ideals of freedom and equality in the eyes of the law have guided our thinking. For over two hundred years, Americans have bled and fought for the central tenants of our nation. Our Constitution, an imperfect document drafted for an imperfect union. It's imperfections dusted off by alteration, and it's interpretations made by centuries of judicial oversight. The next President of our United States must evoke a devotion, a sincere devotion, to recognizing where imperfection is ripe and where improvement is needed.

It is my belief that the person most suited to this role, would have been Governor Prendergast. The Governor and I have disagreements, he believes we should raise the minimum wage federally, I believe that is a state-by-state decision. He wanted to see the overturning of Obgerfall v Hodges, I believe that isn't a fight in the interest of the party, or the Republic. Yet at the core of his beliefs, Governor Prendergast provided value to this race which proved most impressive, namely, his willingness to listen. His ability to hear both sides of every argument. I wholeheartedly believe he would have listened, albeit reluctantly to a defeated-Senator Murphy in 2021 before hearing out a re-elected Congresswoman Paulson were he to have had his way.

However, in recent weeks, he has chosen to depart this race and my respect for his devotion to public service has only intensified because of it, he chose family over publicity. Any man who offers their services must prioritize, I did so when I served in the Air Force, my son did so in his almost thirty years in the Air Force, and the Governor has prioritized as well. It has forced me to re-evaluate my choices in the race for our party's nomination. It is apparent that there remains three choices. I have no intention of endorsing Secretary Porter, yet I am equally apprehensive about our choices, so while I may cast my ballot for Governor Richardson, and I may encourage you to vote for him too, I do so knowing that the Governor of North Carolina would not have been Texans' first choice.

Yet in different strides to Governor Prendergast, I am convinced that of the remaining choices, there is only one who stands any hope to replicating the coalition of 2016, and providing coherent Republican, conservative governance which our party, our nation, deserves. So while I wanted to vote for Governor Prendergast, I shall now vote for Governor Richardson. A decision I have not reached lightly, yet one that is right for our nation, especially in light of the alternatives.

Governor Richardson's economic stewardship, understanding of the levers of government and willingness to reach across the aisle, make him well suited to be our next President of the United States.
Last edited by Sarenium on Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Dentali wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

"Im sorry but I must ask... how is your husband doing? How is the family holding up?"

"The family is holding up well. Arnold's about where the doctors said he'd be at this point, he's still there and all. But once that's over, all that's left to do is to watch him slowly and painfully die." She said in a way that made it very clear she's not fond of talking about her Husband's mortality, let alone other people's.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:36 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"The family is holding up well. Arnold's about where the doctors said he'd be at this point, he's still there and all. But once that's over, all that's left to do is to watch him slowly and painfully die." She said in a way that made it very clear she's not fond of talking about her Husband's mortality, let alone other people's.

"My father..." Nate's voice trailed "He went suddenly in his sleep a few months back... I've honestly wondered what is better. On one hand it wasn't painful and drawn out, but I also never got a chance to say goodbye... not a real goodbye. I don't know what you're going through. I'm so sorry... if their is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Dentali wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

"My father..." Nate's voice trailed "He went suddenly in his sleep a few months back... I've honestly wondered what is better. On one hand it wasn't painful and drawn out, but I also never got a chance to say goodbye... not a real goodbye. I don't know what you're going through. I'm so sorry... if their is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask."

"I'd rather not talk about death in general," She said softly as her eye's watered up a slighty, "And sorry about your father... It wasn't easy losing mine either."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:05 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"I'd rather not talk about death in general," She said softly as her eye's watered up a slighty, "And sorry about your father... It wasn't easy losing mine either."

"I'm sorry... its never easy... We just need to value the time we have" Richardson put a hand on her shoulder in a friendly and comforting manner, "you have people you can lean on i'm sure, and you can always give me a call if you need something.... That's actually why I called... I've heard you've made some inquiries with certain politicos in Maine?"

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 pm

Dentali wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

"I'm sorry... its never easy... We just need to value the time we have" Richardson put a hand on her shoulder in a friendly and comforting manner, "you have people you can lean on i'm sure, and you can always give me a call if you need something.... That's actually why I called... I've heard you've made some inquiries with certain politicos in Maine?"

Eliza paused for just a moment, happy with the change of conversation and wondering just how genuine Richardson was being with her, "I have, 2020 is bound to be an interesting election back home after all."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:23 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Eliza paused for just a moment, happy with the change of conversation and wondering just how genuine Richardson was being with her, "I have, 2020 is bound to be an interesting election back home after all."

Nate exhales "Its a mad house, just be aware... its not what you think it is and its not for everyone.... But if this is the path you want to take... I want to help however I can."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:20 am

Dentali wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

Nate exhales "Its a mad house, just be aware... its not what you think it is and its not for everyone.... But if this is the path you want to take... I want to help however I can."

"It's been a while since I was the candidate, it's not like it'd be my first campaign. But I'll keep that in mind," She started off in a rather relaxed tone, "I'm curious though, as a thought experiment, do you think I'd have a better chance of winning if I were to run as an Independent or if I were to challenge [not-Collins] for the Republican nomination?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:11 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"It's been a while since I was the candidate, it's not like it'd be my first campaign. But I'll keep that in mind," She started off in a rather relaxed tone, "I'm curious though, as a thought experiment, do you think I'd have a better chance of winning if I were to run as an Independent or if I were to challenge [not-Collins] for the Republican nomination?"

"Between the two you definitely have a better shot primarying (Not Collins)... though she is certainly a wiley survivor. But i'm not going to tell you to primary a republican (Not Collins) has been doing this for over 20 years and has been loyal to your husband even when it wasn't smart for her politically, a lot of people would be resentful of you for it and frankly a lot of people would question why you weren't with your husband more as he is dying. Not to mention its fairly late to start this kind of campaign and it would make progress incredibly difficult.... What I would recommend is taking the next 2 years to rebuild your network in Maine, get reconnected to voters and then run for Governor in '22"

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Executive Order from the Governor of North Dakota

Under the power vested in me by the constitution of North Dakota, I James Burgun, decree the following:

(a) Colleges and University that the State of North Dakota operates are to think of ways of cutting down on their bloated administration budget

(b) This section shall apply only to action taken after the section's effective date.

(c) Colleges and universities are to implement an immediate freeze on all administrative spending in excess of the percentage growth of the student population. With administrative spending being defined as any and all spending not related to the physical maintenance of buildings or the payment of salary to faculty members who engage in research (defined as having actively published at least one academic article in a scholarly journal within the past 2 years, or has made marked progress o

(d) Nothing in this section is to be interpreted as a ban on expenditures regarding student-facing faculty members(defined as faculty members who engage in instructional or directly support instructional activities for at least 15 hours a week)

(f) If student populations shrunk on a YoY basis the University will not be allowed to grow administrative spending in any form

(g) Any intentional violation of the section will lead to consequences up to and including the revocation of the University' charter by the State, the penalty shall be determined by state legislature

Signed
James Burgun
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:02 pm

CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

BREAKING: Congresswoman Diane Paulson suspends her campaign for POTUS, will be retiring from the House of Representatives in 2020.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:04 pm

Nate Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Paulson is one of the best and brightest of our party, as well as a fierce advocate for liberty and Constitutional Government. It was an honor to run against her for President.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Dentali wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

"Woah..." Nate said and putting his hands up in a stop motion "I do NOT have the nomination by any means... right now more Prendy supporters got to Porter than me, I have people working on hurting that transition but we didn't really have any prep time for this. My path could actually be more difficult without Prendergast in the race."

"Your Vice-President, though, that was the main point of my question."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Velahor wrote:
(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

BREAKING: Congresswoman Diane Paulson suspends her campaign for POTUS, will be retiring from the House of Representatives in 2020.

Colbert sees the CNN article and sends Paulson a text.
"What are your plans for 2020?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:19 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Velahor wrote:
(Image)
CNN Politics
@CNNPolitics

Colbert sees the CNN article and sends Paulson a text.
"What are your plans for 2020?"

If Nate wins? I'll likely serve in his admin.
If Nate loses? I'm getting back into media and getting capital from investors to start a new TV station.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Francine Sullivan
@AlaskanAstronaut
Imagine freezing support for research related to supporting rural communities, developing new fracking technologies, or curing cancer. Instead of cutting down on bloated administrations and bureaucracy, Gov. Burgun is cutting everyday, American-led science.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse