NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:02 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes...I would agree. It is important that both of us work together to defend the legacy of Wolfism. You need to pound Richardson hard. Strike him as hard as possible on his right flank. I mean, if you can sneak in the fact he's divorced and married his campaign manager...Let's just say evangelicals may be less inclined, you know, if you find a good euphemism for it." He said, implying exactly what he knew he was implying.

"Oh yeah, I know what you're getting at. Frankly, the problem has been finding the right euphemism. I've wanted to hit him on it for months. Honestly, I'm not sure which Richardson I find more dislikable. But yeah, I'll get some ads drafted. Work on some of them with the President's son. Hammer him on the right. I'm sure you can work the uncaring elitist angle neatly on him."

"Yes, although I don't think I have much of an intersection between me and him. If there is any change, however, that allow me to get an angle on suburbanites, then I will consider it. It just doesn't seem very fruitful for me to attack him outside of South Carolina. I will hit him where I can."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:04 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes, although I don't think I have much of an intersection between me and him. If there is any change, however, that allow me to get an angle on suburbanites, then I will consider it. It just doesn't seem very fruitful for me to attack him outside of South Carolina. I will hit him where I can."

"Is there anything else I can do for you, Bernie?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:05 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes, although I don't think I have much of an intersection between me and him. If there is any change, however, that allow me to get an angle on suburbanites, then I will consider it. It just doesn't seem very fruitful for me to attack him outside of South Carolina. I will hit him where I can."

"Is there anything else I can do for you, Bernie?"

"I don't think so. This has been a very productive conversation, Governor, and I hope we can work together in future against Richardson if it ever comes to it." He said, finishing off his doughnut.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:06 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I don't think so. This has been a very productive conversation, Governor, and I hope we can work together in future against Richardson if it ever comes to it." He said, finishing off his doughnut.

"Excellent, glad to hear it, and it's good to know that we can work together heading towards the convention. I can see why the President likes you. Goodbye, Bernie."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:07 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I don't think so. This has been a very productive conversation, Governor, and I hope we can work together in future against Richardson if it ever comes to it." He said, finishing off his doughnut.

"Excellent, glad to hear it, and it's good to know that we can work together heading towards the convention. I can see why the President likes you. Goodbye, Bernie."

He nodded his head in acceptance. "Goodbye, Jonah."
Please Watch

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:26 am

Meeting Senator Callahan
October 1st, 2019
Washington, D.C.

"I know, it's going to be an uphill battle. But I think you're still our best shot at taking it back. I mean, I think you should make that decision carefully. But you are on my radar now Gordan. And you certainly cover my policy weaknesses, which I think is pretty important. In fact, I would say its more important than some of this identity politics or virtue-signalling. Though this political game is still new to me, especially at the national level. And you're right, your presence on the ticket will put white Americans at ease, especially men. As much as I wish that wasn't the case. But alas."

Jillian went on with a more cheerful tone. "You're right. On all three fronts, I mean, your experience, talking to middle-America, and your connections with the black community," she went on after a chuckle at Callahan's final comment, "Well, that settles it then."

"Well Gordon, you've made your case. And I have to say, I think I'm convinced. At the end of the day though, I haven't decided yet. I'm sure you could've guessed that. But of course, I'll need to think it over more, but I think at the very least, you've landed yourself on my short list."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:53 am

The Volker Residence
Falls Church, Virginia
September 18th, 2019

"Let's dig in then." added Torrie.

"I hope you enjoy the more Southern food we're having tonight Caroline, probably more enjoyable than wrangling with your counterparts in the Senate."

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 am

Office of the Governor
Salt Lake City, Utah
October 4th, 2019

Dawson sat in his office, waiting to meet with the last of the suitable Republican candidates. He had not avoided Nathaniel but rather he was not one to reach out guessed Abernathy. Alas, now as the time. In just a couple of weeks, he would announce his endorsement. Though there was always a chance he would not announcing that all. It would depend on this meeting right now, right here.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:11 am

Spellman Family Home
Philomath, Oregon
September 28th, 2019

"Good, Davit deserves it." began Marty.

"I can certainly help you in all those contests. Especially in California. Of course, that all depends if I drop out." he said with a smile, "Or if I endorse you. But I'll be honest Levi, you've made your case abundantly clear. Who do you intend to select as your Vice President Levi?"

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:28 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
(Image)

Meeting Senator Callahan
October 1st, 2019
Washington, D.C.

"I know, it's going to be an uphill battle. But I think you're still our best shot at taking it back. I mean, I think you should make that decision carefully. But you are on my radar now Gordan. And you certainly cover my policy weaknesses, which I think is pretty important. In fact, I would say its more important than some of this identity politics or virtue-signalling. Though this political game is still new to me, especially at the national level. And you're right, your presence on the ticket will put white Americans at ease, especially men. As much as I wish that wasn't the case. But alas."

Jillian went on with a more cheerful tone. "You're right. On all three fronts, I mean, your experience, talking to middle-America, and your connections with the black community," she went on after a chuckle at Callahan's final comment, "Well, that settles it then."

"Well Gordon, you've made your case. And I have to say, I think I'm convinced. At the end of the day though, I haven't decided yet. I'm sure you could've guessed that. But of course, I'll need to think it over more, but I think at the very least, you've landed yourself on my short list."

Gordon nodded enthusiastically. “Thank you, Jillian. I’ve thought about this quite a bit, and to me it makes a lot of sense.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:37 am

Office of the Governor
Salt Lake City, Utah
October 4th, 2019

(Image)
Dawson sat in his office, waiting to meet with the last of the suitable Republican candidates. He had not avoided Nathaniel but rather he was not one to reach out guessed Abernathy. Alas, now as the time. In just a couple of weeks, he would announce his endorsement. Though there was always a chance he would not announcing that all. It would depend on this meeting right now, right here.

Nate whose office had in fact reached out to Abernathy's team several times over the weeks arrived at the office of Governor Abernathy. His extensive retail/ operation Utah and to Mormons had definitely made an impression and Dawson had doubtlessly seen the army of campaign volunteers, the many billboards and commercials blanketed the state.

Richardson arrived at the Governor's office politely introduced himself to the staff and was ushered in, crossing the room and shaking Abernathy's hand he smiled "Governor thank you for seeing me."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:39 am

Rijkenlandd wrote:
(Image)
Rep. Kevin Villalobos
@ElDiablo

((Image of Representative Villalobos, wearing a button-up, jeans (with ankle and knee braces), sneakers and Raybans, being rolled out of the hospital in a wheelchair by his wife with his daughters by his side holding his hands))

Halifax Health Medical Center
Daytona Beach, FL

(Image)

liked and retweeted by nate richardson

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 am

Nate Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

My family and I are praying for Senator Frankston

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:31 am

Meeting Senator Callahan
October 1st, 2019
Washington, D.C.

She smiled at him.

"Of course, don't worry, it'll be top of mind for me. Though maybe first you should announce your support for me before I make you vice president." joked Jillian.

"Is there anything else?"

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: "I like it. Maybe introduce new sanctions on those companies aiding the concentration camps in Xinjiang. And I am concerned about Chinese firms such as Tencent, Alibaba, and Huawei. We need to lead an international campaign to get them out of our internet, our media, and our devices. I would like to look at supporting independent media and breaking any links the mainstream media have with Beijing. We also need someone like Microsoft, Apple, or someone new to build 5G supplies so the whole world or at least the West can be free of Huawei."

"Absolutely. I'm thinking we could make these things a DARPA priority. Just as I want to make devising solar technologies not reliant on Chinese rare earth metals a DARPA priority. We need to invest in buiding a China free world. I'm totally going to support as many sanctions as we can put on China, honestly. Isolating in Soviet Union is how we killed it, we must isolate China." He nodded, smiling as he spoke over the phone. "Anything else you wanted to bring up?"

Senator Colbert: "What is the rest of your foreign policy?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:35 am

Office of the Governor
Salt Lake City, Utah
October 4th, 2019

Dawson stood up, and shook his hand.

"Governor." he said, before returning to his seat. "Quite the hurricane you had to deal with no?" he began.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:45 am

The Orion Islands wrote:(Image)
Nebraska Governor's Mansion

Governor Chambers was preparing for the biggest meeting of his second term as Governor of Nebraska. Here he was about to unveil his new "Building Nebraska's Future" program. He knew a federal infrastructure bill would have to wait until 2021, if not 2025. The state desperately needed infrastructure and it needed it now. The people of Nebraska deserved action, even if the feds dragged their feet. His state would have the most modern infrastructure in America. The best roads, the best rails, the best airports, the best internet, the best of everything. He could make Omaha and Lincoln the Silicon Valley of the Midwest. His state could be the Breadbasket of America. The Wall Street of the Midwest. He needed support for his ambitious plan, so he invited the leaders of the two informal parties in the legislature to lunch at the Governor's Mansion. He had the best of Nebraska's beef, Nebraska's potatoes, and Nebraska's fruit prepared for the lunch. Governor Chambers stood on the front step and welcomed the legislators to his home.
"Welcome to my home Senators! I hope you are hungry and ready to work. I had a hearty lunch prepared and a big proposal readied."

MEETING WITH THE GOVERNOR
NEBRASKA

Bobby Robertson, the Speaker of the Legislature, walked into the meeting room and grunted as he saw all the food spread out. He was not a big fan of all this but well, he was hungry and food was food.

"Hello Governor, how are you?" he asked as he took a seat, eyeing the other senator too and greeting him simply as, "Senator."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:46 am

Office of the Governor
Salt Lake City, Utah
October 4th, 2019

(Image)
Dawson stood up, and shook his hand.

"Governor." he said, before returning to his seat. "Quite the hurricane you had to deal with no?" he began.

"We got lucky" Nate said sitting down "It was only a category one by the time it hit us and we were over-prepared. Not the first one to hit NC and not the last, it just got more attention because of my campaign."

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 am

Office of the Governor
Salt Lake City, Utah
October 4th, 2019

"I'm sure that played well in the media. Saved you from this leak nonsense in Washington and stunted the Wolf cub's endorsement too." explained Dawson.

"I've seen that you've paid quite some attention on Utah. Trying to win the state no?"

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:53 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
I got them from the North Dakota Census Office. I am a tremendously dedicated Governor who cares very deeply for natives! This was 5 years ago, probably EVEN HIGHER now!
https://www.commerce.nd.gov/uploads/8/C ... ec2015.pdf

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
The natives in North Dakota are among the happiest and most prosperous in all of the US. If I am oppressing them I sure as heck am doing a really bad job!

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
Look at the natives in Arizona, the home state of Rep. Nez! Their unemployment rate is ABOVE 20%, it is a disaster, it is a travesty! Those places have no hope, and Rep. Nez does nothing for them!

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
In my state native unemployment breaks 7% and it breaks my heart, I will keep working until native unemployment is WAY DOWN, while Rep. Nez doesn't bat an eyelid when one-fifth of natives in Arizona can't find work! LOOK AT OUR RECORDS!

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

Let's look at our records, why don't we? While you've been Governor, you've taken credit for work the Tribes themselves have taken to socially and economically advance, as well as the work of [Not-John Hoeven] and [Not-Heidi Heitkamp], while enacting and enforcing otherwise harmful policy.

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

As a Navajo Nation Council Delegate, I worked on bettering relationships with other tribes in Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado to make sure we could collectively work together to advance our nations and make life better for our citizens. In 1995, I helped to create the Indian Legislative Day in the Arizona Legislature and I've always been a supporter of the American Indian Day in the New Mexico legislature. Both have routinely bettered State-Tribal relationships and have repeatedly led to several laws that help Indians get on the books.

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

As an Arizona State Senator, I became the de facto Senator for all Native Arizonans. I repeated introduced and fought for bills year after year that supported Indigenous Entreputers, College Students, Businesspeople, Survivors and Victims of Violent Crime, Cultural Sites, Religious Practices, Children, and our Elders. And before you ask, yes, I got a lot of those bills passed into law just like I'm going to get the No More Silence Act into law!

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

As President of the Navajo Nation, I grew the only industry that has been statistically proven to increase Native quality of life across the board and second industry that shows promising signs of doing the same. Creating thousands of jobs in both sectors for both Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Arizonas, New Mexicans, and Utahans.

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

I had to contend with balancing the relationships between the Navajo Nation and three different states, the federal government, and the nearly 600 other federally recognized tribes and several state-recognized tribes. All the while running one of the most economically depressed areas in the United States due to systemic racism, historical mistreatment, and corruption.

Kathleen Nez
@KathleenNez

I can tell you right now, with 100% certainty, it is a job you don't have the balls to take it on, let alone not fail miserably.

And this brings us all back to my current job. Where, when I'm seeking to make a change that will help Indigenous Americans, I have to deal with Governors. Governors who think they're some kind of White Savior thinking they know more about Indigenous issues than, I don't know, an Indigenous person.

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
LOOK AT THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE OF THE NAVAJO! It is over 19%(So much higher than ND's natives)!!! So is their poverty rate but it is above 40%! All Rep. Nez did in her entire career was virtue signal and give corrupt grants to her corrupt friends. The Navajo still have no hope! Rep. Nez has done such a bad job helping the Navajo(Unlike me who gave so many natives HOPE and JOBS!), why should we trust her to do anything???
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Azekopolaltion » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:56 am

Suraj Shah

@SenShahTX

I haven't been in the Senate for long, but in that time Sen. Frankston has been welcoming, kind, and a great mentor to me. Nandini and I are both praying for him along with the rest of our great state.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 am

Colbert sends a text to Lilyana.
Can you throw Burgun out of the party before he writes anymore Democratic attack ads? And can you do something about Brown screwing over the censure that will hand Murphy both the nomination and dozens of attack ads?
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:00 am

The Orion Islands wrote:(Image)
Nebraska Governor's Mansion

Governor Chambers was preparing for the biggest meeting of his second term as Governor of Nebraska. Here he was about to unveil his new "Building Nebraska's Future" program. He knew a federal infrastructure bill would have to wait until 2021, if not 2025. The state desperately needed infrastructure and it needed it now. The people of Nebraska deserved action, even if the feds dragged their feet. His state would have the most modern infrastructure in America. The best roads, the best rails, the best airports, the best internet, the best of everything. He could make Omaha and Lincoln the Silicon Valley of the Midwest. His state could be the Breadbasket of America. The Wall Street of the Midwest. He needed support for his ambitious plan, so he invited the leaders of the two informal parties in the legislature to lunch at the Governor's Mansion. He had the best of Nebraska's beef, Nebraska's potatoes, and Nebraska's fruit prepared for the lunch. Governor Chambers stood on the front step and welcomed the legislators to his home.
"Welcome to my home Senators! I hope you are hungry and ready to work. I had a hearty lunch prepared and a big proposal readied."

NEBRASKA

Bobby Robertson, the Speaker of the Legislature, walked into the meeting room and grunted as he saw all the food spread out. He was not a big fan of all this but well, he was hungry and food was food.

"Hello Governor, how are you?" he asked as he took a seat, eyeing the other senator too and greeting him simply as, "Senator."

Governor Chambers: "I'm doing fine. How are you?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
NEBRASKA

Governor Chambers: "I'm doing fine. How are you?"

NEBRASKA

"Good, good. I'll be better once I eat." he responded with a gravely voice.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:09 am

Colbert Twitter @EverittRigbyColbert
"I support a new tax credit of $3,000 for single filers and $6,000 for married couples. The credit would increase dollar for dollar with income up to the maximum amount and would phase out 15 cents per dollar above a certain amount of income. The credit would phase out completely for single filers earning above $60,000 and for married couples and single parents earning above $100,000. This credit would be available in addition to the EITC and other tax credits."
"This will provide $359 billion in tax relief for working families and will lead to another economic revolution, along with making the Wolf Cuts permanent. I also support Amazon paying its fair share so small business can have even more relief."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse