NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Phil Crawford
@PhilCrawfordKY

I would like to apologize for contributing to the hashtag. I meant it as a light-hearted jab at some unfortunate wording and I never meant it as an attack on Secretary Porter. This has gotten out of hand and has become immature.
Die nasty!!111

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:39 pm

Tenson’s mansion

While twitter was exploding over Bernie Porter’s gaffe, Tenson smiled as he heard Prendergast talk about potentially using the US’s arsenal of bombs on Iran.
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

War should not be on the table, at all. Prendergast is willing to spend working-class lives for his own overseas adventure, but I'm willing to bet that it won't be his children fighting in Iran, or the sons and daughters of Washington D.C. and Wall Street. It's ordinary people that will pay the price for their militarism.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Dentali wrote:
Nate Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

This is a childish and inappropriate twitter trend that should not be spread by people who call themselves leaders of the country.

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
(Image)
Dr. Katherine Edwards
@GeorgiaKathyE

The persistent Twitter mockery of a distinguished General and public servant exposes just how much the Democrats hate and hold contempt for our servicemen, our veterans, and the defense of these United States. It is a sign of why it is so important to vote them all out next year! America awake, and vote out the saboteurs!

Congressman Davit Papazian
@CongressmanPapazian

Oh come on you GOP snowflakes, lighten up. It’s like comedy doesn’t exist in your elitist alternate reality. The jokes were a bit crude, but what is even more crude is Porter’s disgusting, bigoted platform. You can yammer on about “respecting a general” all you want, but the hate and disdain he shows for those less fortunate in our society is more disgusting than any joke you could “come” up with.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

War should not be on the table, at all. Prendergast is willing to spend working-class lives for his own overseas adventure, but I'm willing to bet that it won't be his children fighting in Iran, or the sons and daughters of Washington D.C. and Wall Street. It's ordinary people that will pay the price for their militarism.

(Image)

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Your willingness to allow the Israeli people to be exterminated is thinly veiled, Senator. Your pre-emptive surrender shows just how weak you are and how selfish you are that you are silent as people are slaughtered by a tyrannical regime.

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

We didn't stop the Nazis with war off the table. Then again your feelings toward Israel say enough about that.
Die nasty!!111

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Earl Tenson
@MTAtLarge

Murphy should singlehandedly deliver his official notice of surrender to Tehran himself

Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

(Image)

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Your willingness to allow the Israeli people to be exterminated is thinly veiled, Senator. Your pre-emptive surrender shows just how weak you are and how selfish you are that you are silent as people are slaughtered by a tyrannical regime.

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

We didn't stop the Nazis with war off the table. Then again your feelings toward Israel say enough about that.

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

I'm not one to surrender because I do not start wars. Only those that create war are entitled to surrender.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:
Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

I'm not one to surrender because I do not start wars. Only those that create war are entitled to surrender.

Jane Martinez
@SusanBMartinez

What a Galaxy Brain take.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:
(Image)
Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

(Image)
Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

If you don't shoot the missile out of the sky, you get blown up, plain and simple. Just because you're not willing to fight in a war doesn't mean Iran isn't. While you do nothing, Iran continues to sponsor terrorism, build nukes, and kill innocent people for their conquest.
Die nasty!!111

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Williams Campaign Office, Brooklyn, New York

"What are you trying to say, Martin? Just because I'm engaged to and live with the man I love, I can't run a progressive, grassroots campaign? I just live with John, it's not like he's paying me to be his girlfriend, I have my own job for god's sake. New York needs major change, we need a progressive in the 12th District. I'm that progressive."
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 pm

"He did offer money, a lot of money, but I didn't take it. I want to try and be funded by the people of the 12th District y'know, 'for the people, by the people' kinda thing. Unless you want me to take the money, but I'm against it." Tracey said replying to Murphy.
Marianne 2024:

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:12 pm

John Donaldson on the Campaign Trail

"Sure Karel, go ahead. Awful brave of Tracey to be taking such a big leap into politics, I'm proud of her." John said, ignoring the wife comment. Volek was old, he probably didn't understand what engagement meant.
Marianne 2024:

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"He did offer money, a lot of money, but I didn't take it. I want to try and be funded by the people of the 12th District y'know, 'for the people, by the people' kinda thing. Unless you want me to take the money, but I'm against it." Tracey said replying to Murphy.

"No, no, don't take the money. I was just making sure you weren't," Levi assured her. "I wanted to confront this issue because, really, Donaldson isn't known for being a die-hard progressive at all. He's probably the furthest right in the field. So I was wondering how that will effect you if you are elected to the House?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:35 pm

Selina Voorhees
@Selina

Congresswoman Caroline Simone has long been a force for good in this country, whether it is in the Department of State or the House of Representative. I'm proud to have called her my representative back when I was on SNL. We may not agree on every issue, but I'm glad to support her this election season in New York's 12th Congressional District.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Titanne wrote:
(Image)
Selina Voorhees
@Selina

Congresswoman Caroline Simone has long been a force for good in this country, whether it is in the Department of State or the House of Representative. I'm proud to have called her my representative back when I was on SNL. We may not agree on every issue, but I'm glad to support her this election season in New York's 12th Congressional District.

Liked and retweeted by @SimoneNY12.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Thomas Volker
@RepresentativeVolker
Senator Murphy’s recent remarks regarding the current situation in Iran clearly show that he is willing to allow our closest ally in the Middle East to be left vulnerable to the violent terrorism of Hamas and Hezbollah as well as his support for the surrendering of American sovereignty to those who would seek to do this country harm

Thomas Volker
@RepresentativeVolker
Consequently,Senator Murphy has proven himself to be unsuited for the Presidency of the United States and unable to fully protect the America people and their interests and has also proven himself unsuited to represent the people of Minnesota in the United States Senate.

Thomas Volker
@RepresentativeVolker
As a result, I call upon the Senate to formally censure Senator Murphy for his recent remarks that have served only to bring the Senate into disrepute whilst weaponising those who have tragically lost family in overseas deployments as a tool for overt political gain.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm

"Maybe this is just me, but I think it will be good to have a different opinion every now and then, But I won't let him change my ideals. I'm not that type of woman, I have my set of beliefs and I'll stick to them. John knows where I stand on these issues and I know where he stands on these issues. And this system works, we rarely have rows about political issues. Which is a good thing I suppose." Tracey smiled.
Marianne 2024:

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"Sure Karel, go ahead. Awful brave of Tracey to be taking such a big leap into politics, I'm proud of her." John said, ignoring the wife comment. Volek was old, he probably didn't understand what engagement meant.

Realizing his slip of the tongue, Karel corrected himself. "From what I've been hearing so far, your wife-to-be has made a lot of people very, very angry by running for the Caucus Chair's seat. You have to know her campaign is going to be tied to yours, whether you like it or not. I'll do my best to keep the party bigwigs from going after you and going after her, but there's only so much I can do. If you can convince her to set her sights elsewhere -say, City Hall or Albany- I can guarantee that the path will be clear for her to hold elected office. You know I've worked wonders for folks in her position all over this city and all over this state... not to mention what I can do for you, if your campaign goes south. Please, John. I don't want to be forced to take sides."

(OOC note: Caucus pronounced Cawcus, like a true New Yorker, I guess?).

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"Maybe this is just me, but I think it will be good to have a different opinion every now and then, But I won't let him change my ideals. I'm not that type of woman, I have my set of beliefs and I'll stick to them. John knows where I stand on these issues and I know where he stands on these issues. And this system works, we rarely have rows about political issues. Which is a good thing I suppose." Tracey smiled.

"That's good," he said, trying to approach a new topic. "If I support you, fund-raise for you, build a progressive movement with you: will you support me for President? I guess this is the ultimate test."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Tracey Williams
@TraceyforNY12
Time to start my social media campaign for New York's 12th Congressional District! I'll be posting campaign related stuff here, so make sure you follow. Also while I'm here, sign up to volunteer for my campaign @ WilliamsForNY12.com
Marianne 2024:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:19 pm

James Moore
@MichiganMoore

Censuring Senator for their political opinions is a dangerous path I would ask the Minority leader to consider the repercussions of before following.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm

"Karel, I have funded nearly every high-level Democrat in New York, they should owe me something. I admit I may have nudged her at the start in early April to get the ball rolling, but now she's really taken to it. She likes having something to do and this seat would just be perfect for her, I would hate to crush her dreams just because there is an incumbent that doesn't want to be booted out of office. As for Albany, I don't think Tracey has even set foot in Albany, she wouldn't be much use up there, plus who'd want to be Mayor of Albany- yuck. No, I think she'll be a great Progressive voice for New York City. What do you think?"
Marianne 2024:

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:27 pm

Dentali wrote:James Moore
@MichiganMoore

Censuring Senator for their political opinions is a dangerous path I would ask the Minority leader to consider the repercussions of before following.

Levi Murphy liked.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Vote red no matter who in 2020! We must stop Crooked Carrie Hayes, Loony Levi, Whimsical Westra, Erika Goldman-Sachs, Dirty Douglas AND Filthy Frank no matter who our nominee is, or else it would be a catastrophe for America!

Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 pm

"Well, Senator Murphy, you see, John is still in the race, but if that were to change. I could support a Levi Campaign if my husband drops out. You run a pretty good campaign, Senator."
Marianne 2024:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse