NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 pm

James Burgun
@RoughRiderGov
People tell us Republicans we need to run so-called moderates to triumph and look where "moderates" have gotten us. They got us candidates like Brainless Brookshire(who somehow managed to lose Texas, the WORST Republican candidate in history). It is clear nobody likes the so-called moderates. They lose the core of the evangelicals, and somehow lose an unlosable race!

James Burgun
@RoughRiderGov
To actually win we need to start embracing conservative populism, we need people like Randy Cramp who would not have lost the evangelicals, the exurban people who are not getting ahead in life! Big announcement coming up stay tuned!

Edit for Tweet segmentation
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Sat May 30, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 5:07 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
James Burgun
@RoughRiderGov
People tell us Republicans we need to run so-called moderates to triumph and look where "moderates" have gotten us. They got us candidates like Brainless Brookshire(who somehow managed to lose Texas, the WORST Republican candidate in history). It is clear nobody likes the so-called moderates. They lose the core of the evangelicals, and somehow lose an unlosable race! To actually win we need to start embracing conservative populism, we need people like Randy Cramp who would not have lost the evangelicals, the exurban people who are not getting ahead in life! Big announcement coming up stay tuned!

Liked and Retweeted by Bernie Porter
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat May 30, 2020 5:07 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
James Burgun
@RoughRiderGov
People tell us Republicans we need to run so-called moderates to triumph and look where "moderates" have gotten us. They got us candidates like Brainless Brookshire(who somehow managed to lose Texas, the WORST Republican candidate in history). It is clear nobody likes the so-called moderates. They lose the core of the evangelicals, and somehow lose an unlosable race! To actually win we need to start embracing conservative populism, we need people like Randy Cramp who would not have lost the evangelicals, the exurban people who are not getting ahead in life! Big announcement coming up stay tuned!

Randy Cramp re-tweeted.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Ahh...well, I think it is time that you leave. We've been running quite long, haven't we?"

Felix was a little sad to go, but he agreed that it was best. He hoped it didn't show on his face.

"Yeah, I believe you're right."

"Do you need to take a shower before you leave?" Theo said, raising his eyebrow.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 5:08 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:Felix was a little sad to go, but he agreed that it was best. He hoped it didn't show on his face.

"Yeah, I believe you're right."

"Do you need to take a shower before you leave?" Theo said, raising his eyebrow.

"I probably should, if you don't mind..."
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Do you need to take a shower before you leave?" Theo said, raising his eyebrow.

"I probably should, if you don't mind..."

"I don't mind at all. I'll be in the closet if you need anything. I'll take a shower after you leave."
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Titanne wrote:"I probably should, if you don't mind..."

"I don't mind at all. I'll be in the closet if you need anything. I'll take a shower after you leave."

Felix nodded.

"Do you have a towel I can borrow?"
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I don't mind at all. I'll be in the closet if you need anything. I'll take a shower after you leave."

Felix nodded.

"Sure, use them at your pleasure. They're in the bathroom, on the towel rack. It might be a bit hot, but I'm sure it'll suit your needs well."
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Titanne wrote:Felix nodded.

"Sure, use them at your pleasure. They're in the bathroom, on the towel rack. It might be a bit hot, but I'm sure it'll suit your needs well."

"Thanks."

Felix made his way up to the shower, hopped in, and rinsed himself off. He used some shampoo and soap he found to clean more thoroughly. When he finished, he used one of the towels on the rack to dry himself off. He had left his clothes folded in the room after he changed earlier, so he slipped into them and went out into the hallway.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Sure, use them at your pleasure. They're in the bathroom, on the towel rack. It might be a bit hot, but I'm sure it'll suit your needs well."

"Thanks."

Felix made his way up to the shower, hopped in, and rinsed himself off. He used some shampoo and soap he found to clean more thoroughly. When he finished, he used one of the towels on the rack to dry himself off. He had left his clothes folded in the room after he changed earlier, so he slipped into them and went out into the hallway.

Theo did the same, albeit in a different shower. He walked around with a towel on, entering back into the closet to put on an identical but clean version of the suit he wore earlier as to not arouse suspicion.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 5:20 pm

Titanne wrote:"Thanks."

Theo did the same, albeit in a different shower. He walked around with a towel on, entering back into the closet to put on an identical but clean version of the suit he wore earlier as to not arouse suspicion.

He found Theo out in the hall, and said:

"Thanks so much for just talking things through with me."

His hair was messy, so he ran his hand through it to straighten it.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 5:26 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo did the same, albeit in a different shower. He walked around with a towel on, entering back into the closet to put on an identical but clean version of the suit he wore earlier as to not arouse suspicion.

He found Theo out in the hall, and said:

"Alright...thank you..." He said, nodding at Felix.
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 5:28 pm

Titanne wrote:He found Theo out in the hall, and said:

"Alright...thank you..." He said, nodding at Felix.

"Well, I'll see you around."

Felix walked down the stairs to the door, and waved at Vohoffsky, before making his way out towards his car.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Alright...thank you..." He said, nodding at Felix.

"Well, I'll see you around."

Felix walked down the stairs to the door, and waved at Vohoffsky, before making his way out towards his car.

Theo spent the rest of the day irreverently working on constituent calls and concerns, still busy trying to win reelection. He was still waiting for that one phone call from Volker...
Please Watch

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat May 30, 2020 5:32 pm

Bruke wrote:
“Sullivan should be the priority. Once Sullivan is on board, it’ll be easier to go to the rest of the Caucus. The priority after her should be the other contender for leadership- Moore.”

"It'll shape up to be progressive vs moderate, and if we get Moore out through the carrot or the stick, there'll be no competent progressives left. Are you sure you can still handle Minority Leader, though? I just want to ask out of genuine concern."

“There’s no need for it to turn into a family argument- Moore deserves a carrot rather than a stick. You said it yourself, he’s a competent progressive. Which is exactly why he may seek some other position in leadership.... it would be a real problem if he did and there was nothing available for him. Hopefully, he’ll want something else instead. As for me... I suppose you’re worried about my age.”

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat May 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Hyatt Regency, Capitol Hill

John Donaldson entered the building wearing sunglasses, as he did not want to be recognized. He had Tracey call the Hotel minutes before his arrival to find out where his meeting was located. John was meeting with Spellman, another candidate in an already cluttered field. Thankfully the major losers had already dropped out, but unfortunately, Little Timmy Westra remained, which was a shame. Tim had taken a beating in the debate and everyone knew it, everyone also knew John was the winner of that debate.

But the debate was over, he was now meeting with Martin Spellman. He didn't know what the meeting was about, which was unusual for John to go into a meeting completely blind, however, it was a chance to build bridges. Which he was completely for.

"Mr. Spellman, how have you been?" John said reaching out his hand.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat May 30, 2020 5:49 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: “OK, just wanted to make sure that we are going by facts.”

"Ok Senator, anything else you cared to call me about?" She asked in a rather peaceful way.

Senator Colbert: “How is your husband holding up? Is he doing well?”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat May 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Congresswoman Simone’s Office, Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.

House Minority Leader Volker, in an attempt to get some movement on Representative Vohoffsky’s bill has arranged a meeting with Congresswoman Simone regarding aspects of the bill. Arriving at the Representative’s office after a short walk, the House Minority Leader approached the secretary before speaking.

“Afternoon Ma’am, I believe I have a meeting with Congresswoman Simone scheduled shortly?”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat May 30, 2020 6:03 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:

House Minority Leader Volker, in an attempt to get some movement on Representative Vohoffsky’s bill has arranged a meeting with Congresswoman Simone regarding aspects of the bill. Arriving at the Representative’s office after a short walk, the House Minority Leader approached the secretary before speaking.

“Afternoon Ma’am, I believe I have a meeting with Congresswoman Simone scheduled shortly?”

Simone's male secretary looked up at Volker oddly, blinking a little before he gestured towards the door. "Go right in, Congressman Volker. The Caucus Chair is waiting inside for you."

Caroline was seated behind her desk, scribbling away at some notes as she digested a series of reports on Iran, tapping her feet.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"It'll shape up to be progressive vs moderate, and if we get Moore out through the carrot or the stick, there'll be no competent progressives left. Are you sure you can still handle Minority Leader, though? I just want to ask out of genuine concern."

“There’s no need for it to turn into a family argument- Moore deserves a carrot rather than a stick. You said it yourself, he’s a competent progressive. Which is exactly why he may seek some other position in leadership.... it would be a real problem if he did and there was nothing available for him. Hopefully, he’ll want something else instead. As for me... I suppose you’re worried about my age.”

"True, but he's in a vulnerable seat. I'm not talking about coaxing the DNC into killing him, mind you, that'd be suicidal, but rather more telling him that there'd be problems if he were to attempt to enter leadership due to his precarious position. After all, the RNCC would be incentivised even further to have him removed. It'd be a humiliation, and one that they'd be willing to stage even if we gain the majority in the process. But yes, carrot rather than stick. So in terms of carrots...what can we feed him? Do you have any good committee seats you're willing to give up? Because I'm sure as hell not going to give up Ranking Member of Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs just to get Minority Whip. I mean, I could offer him the Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure seat, but I don't think he's going to go for that alone."
Please Watch

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sat May 30, 2020 6:12 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:"Ok Senator, anything else you cared to call me about?" She asked in a rather peaceful way.

Senator Colbert: “How is your husband holding up? Is he doing well?”

"He's certainly been doing better these last couple of weeks, mostly good days, I'd imagine that goes hand and hand with him being more like himself."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat May 30, 2020 6:16 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:

Simone's male secretary looked up at Volker oddly, blinking a little before he gestured towards the door. "Go right in, Congressman Volker. The Caucus Chair is waiting inside for you."

Caroline was seated behind her desk, scribbling away at some notes as she digested a series of reports on Iran, tapping her feet.

“Afternoon, Congresswoman, it appears there have been some developments since the last meeting, both domestically and in terms of foreign policy.” The House Minority Leader opened, stretching his hand out for the Democratic Caucus Chair to shake.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat May 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Afternoon, Congresswoman, it appears there have been some developments since the last meeting, both domestically and in terms of foreign policy.” The House Minority Leader opened, stretching his hand out for the Democratic Caucus Chair to shake.

Politely shaking his hand, she looked up at Volker with a frown on her face. "I do hope you don't intend on letting the President run amok with this, Congressman. Congress is willing to issue new sanctions on Iran, we will work with the White House on this, but we will not abide a war."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat May 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:“Afternoon, Congresswoman, it appears there have been some developments since the last meeting, both domestically and in terms of foreign policy.” The House Minority Leader opened, stretching his hand out for the Democratic Caucus Chair to shake.

Politely shaking his hand, she looked up at Volker with a frown on her face. "I do hope you don't intend on letting the President run amok with this, Congressman. Congress is willing to issue new sanctions on Iran, we will work with the White House on this, but we will not abide a war."

“You have my assurances that I will mention that to the President when I next meet him and that I will be suggesting that the President also avoids any undue action within the Middle East.” Volker replied.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat May 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“You have my assurances that I will mention that to the President when I next meet him and that I will be suggesting that the President also avoids any undue action within the Middle East.” Volker replied.

"I would advise that you inform him before the 4th of July, Congressman, because he must be made well aware that Congress - both bipartisanly and bicamerally - will not tolerate a war of aggression against Iran." She was firm in this before she relaxed. "What is it you wanted to discuss?"
Neoliberal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse