NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue May 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Titanne wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Are we still on the first Season in LOTF?

What does that mean?

yeah?
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue May 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Agarntrop wrote:بأمر من آية الله سنابل

هذه لعبة أدوار مسلمة

يحظر الكحول!

هذه لعبة أدوار مسلمة

المثليون جنسياً يخرجون من هنا !!

هذه لعبة أدوار مسلمة

المرأة لا تظهر ركبتيك !!

put this at the start of every thread

nah jk

unless?

0 points for having the exclamation marks to the right of the text.

!0 points
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue May 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Titanne wrote:What does that mean?

yeah?

Reference to Washington? Didn't you guys divide the stuff up into Season's for some reason?

Rijkenlandd
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rijkenlandd » Tue May 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Nice.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue May 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Not sure what would define the end of the season though.

I think probably November would be it, since we'd have some elections then.

Or maybe January until the Texas runoff? To highlight the election upset.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue May 26, 2020 1:52 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:yeah?

Reference to Washington? Didn't you guys divide the stuff up into Season's for some reason?

Yes, mostly because it was a fun way of looking at things.

We’re definitely still in Season One, and that doesn’t change until there’s something that resembles a plot climax.

In Washington, I’m pretty sure the “Seasons” ended with the Democratic split, the election of Reed, and the murder of Reed’s father.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm

What is the likely OOC date of GOP debate #2?

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Reference to Washington? Didn't you guys divide the stuff up into Season's for some reason?

We’re definitely still in Season One, and that doesn’t change until there’s something that resembles a plot climax.

In Washington, I’m pretty sure the “Seasons” ended with the Democratic split, the election of Reed, and the murder of Reed’s father.

Maybe if an anti-establishment candidate becomes frontrunner, or even their party's nominee? Good point for Season Two to start, if that happens.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue May 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Reference to Washington? Didn't you guys divide the stuff up into Season's for some reason?

Guess War with Venezuela will be it.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue May 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Not sure what would define the end of the season though.

I think probably November would be it, since we'd have some elections then.

Or maybe January until the Texas runoff? To highlight the election upset.

Nah Brookshire losing in an upset would probably be rising action

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue May 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Velahor wrote:

Wolf going into a coma... Wolf resigning... Wolf being forced out of the Presidency... so many different possible options related to one man's tumor

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue May 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Yes I’ll let you know when the season ends. There’s a climax coming during the senate recess.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue May 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Sanabel wrote:

Yes I’ll let you know when the season ends. There’s a climax coming during the senate recess.

Is it Sharansky related?

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue May 26, 2020 1:59 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Velahor wrote:

Wolf going into a coma... Wolf resigning... Wolf being forced out of the Presidency... so many different possible options related to one man's tumor

A lump of flesh weighing less than a pound, that could completely shake the foundations of the free world...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue May 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:

How exciting, much ready

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Wolf going into a coma... Wolf resigning... Wolf being forced out of the Presidency... so many different possible options related to one man's tumor

A lump of flesh weighing less than a pound, that could completely shake the foundations of the free world...

If I existed as a real person in this universe, every day that goes past is another one where I'd have to ask myself why the whole of our government is seemingly fine with having a man with a terminal brain tumor have access to everything a President has access to

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue May 26, 2020 2:03 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Yes I’ll let you know when the season ends. There’s a climax coming during the senate recess.

How exciting, much ready

Velahor wrote:

If I existed as a real person in this universe, every day that goes past is another one where I'd have to ask myself why the whole of our government is seemingly fine with having a man with a terminal brain tumor have access to everything a President has access to

Tumor or not, that’s what I ask IRL on a daily basis.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue May 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Sanabel wrote:

In case, you were wondering what I meant by seasons for all the newcomers in LOTF.

Back in Washington on the wiki, the overall plot summary was divided into seasons. From Season 1 "Drawing Lines" - Pretty much when the presidential race started, Season 2 "End of an Era" - The decline of the Democrats and the rise of the Progressive Party, Season 3 - "A House Divided" - After the victory of Candidate Calvin Reed, the new House in Congress are against each other, Season 4 - "Aftermath" - Takes place after a disastrous LGBT rally that led to the attack of a Senator (Spicy Latina shall be remembered), and there's Season 5 - "Fireworks" - Takes place around 4th of July and serves mostly as the series finale of Washington.

I hadn't checked that much of the LOTF wiki, but I'm assuming seasons will be done the same for the overall summary.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue May 26, 2020 2:09 pm

The LOTF anime is already iconic and it's only one season in.
Die nasty!!111

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue May 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Ah, new OOC smell
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Jovuistan wrote:The LOTF anime is already iconic and it's only one season in.

What should we call this season though?

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:The LOTF anime is already iconic and it's only one season in.

What should we call this season though?

"Brooky's heart attack"
Die nasty!!111

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm

Yo fuck the Venezuela AUMF should make an Iran one
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue May 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:What should we call this season though?

"Brooky's heart attack"

Needs to be something that symbolizes something, but not bluntly.

RPs I do

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue May 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Yo fuck the Venezuela AUMF should make an Iran one

Yessssssssssss

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Tue May 26, 2020 2:18 pm

I look away for around an hour and you guys start a new OOC, wow.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse