NATION

PASSWORD

Red Badge of Courage: An American Civil War RP(IC)(Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Red Badge of Courage RP

Postby Tranzoria » Thu May 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Once he finished mourning the troops he lost, Green went back to the Command Tent where Hargrave was at. Green sighed and laid out his bloddied knife on the table. He looked around at the Captains, who just stared at him. He sighed again.

"A deals a deal Sirs. My force is going to help the final assault on Crampton's Gap. In about 20 minutes, we'll be off. I'm leaving those of mine injured here along with Private Cain to lead them. Good luck if there is another attack. See you after the fight."

Green snatched his knife and walked out of the tent. He went up to Cain and said "I'm leaving you here with control of the injured men from our unit. I'll be back in hopefully a day or two."

Green took to his horse with his bag of weapons and waited for about 15 minutes. If any body had anything to say before he left, he figured now would be the chance.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria joins Israel-Palestine discussion-promises no flaming

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Hargrave saluted Green as he rode off, his bloodied shoulder detracting from the pristine image.

Alistan Democratic Nation
Attaché

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan Democratic Nation » Fri May 29, 2020 6:49 am

Hello there reader. I am Thomas Norton. No, I am not the crazy kook who decided to proclaim himself of These United States if you are like my Californian contacts. What you are reading right now is a simple command journal I will be keeping until this war is over or I get killed by a Rebel cannon or something. I command 4th US Artillery, Battery B with my rank as captain.

I know my battery is somewhere in vicinity of Antietam but I don't know where they are exactly so I plan to wait for a supply wagon and ask where my battery is located. Maybe I might get lucky and my second in command finds me but I highly doubt it. Why am I always the clueless one out of the bunch? This question would likely remain unanswered till I kicked the bucket.

To pass the time besides writing this journal, I would calculate theoretical problems involving cannons which might help me out in actual combat but it is more a guide than an accurate prediction. I also tried to imagine what tactics I could implement with our battery what its effects would be though there is no way to know without seeing it for myself. After all, my tactics would hardly change the tide of the war so there is no use thinking about it except to prevent myself from being too bored.

Now I found that supply wagon leading to my men so it is time for me to get out of this place.

See you in the next entry,
Thomas Norton, General of Battery B, Emperor of Nothing
Occasional RPer. Don't talk to me about politics as I don't care anymore.

RPs currently participating in:
A Victory in the East Reboot

Past RPs participated in:
Red Badge of Courage
Cold War RP Reboot
A Victory in the East

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Fri May 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Cain nodded at Green's order. He wasnt to annoyed, because he didnt figure many of the cavalrymen would being going anywhere for a little bit. The medics had kept him from walking or even sitting up and he was beginning to get annoyed. The shooting had stopped which had led to Cain being easily able to hear the screams. A trade which he did not appreciate.

Stalins backhair
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalins backhair » Fri May 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Bale was walking back with the assistant gunner to grab some ammunition to resupply his gun when he noticed Captain Norton from B battery writing in a book. As the Captain put it away, Bale walked up.

"Captain?" He asked
Yeah, as you can tell by the name, I don't take this game very seriously.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan Democratic Nation » Sat May 30, 2020 12:05 am

Norton noticed that two men approached him as he was about to finish his journal entry so he greeted them. "Hello, I am Captain Thomas Norton, I notice that you are fellow artillery men." He then inquired where his battery is located currently. "I am a bit lost and I am trying to find my battery. They are in the 4th US Artillery, Battery B specifically. Can you give me a clue to where they are?"

Red Badge of Courage
Cold War RP Reboot
A Victory in the East

Stalins backhair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalins backhair » Sat May 30, 2020 9:49 am

Bale pointed up towards Turner's Gap

"I do believe Captain Fenneger took them with L Battery to support the Iron Brigade sir."

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat May 30, 2020 10:18 am

As the morning approaches, Hargrave scans the battlefield with his field binoculars. He notices large columns of confederate infantry marching along the road. The catch? Their retreating.

"Hey boys! Their retreating!" He yells out. A whoop comes up from the camped men. He had gotten orders to not pursue. So he just watched with satisfaction

Stalins backhair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalins backhair » Sat May 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Bale and the assistant gunner chuckled as Norton obviously didnt recognize them

"Sir, we're on Sergeant Major Jeffersen's gun sir. We're just up the hill. Let us grab the ammo we came for and we'll take you up sir."

Bale's somewhat toned down German accent slipped through as he became slightly amused. He and the asst. gunner grabbed some crates of canister and percussion shells and returned to the Captain

"Ready sir?"

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat May 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Bolslania wrote:As the morning approaches, Hargrave scans the battlefield with his field binoculars. He notices large columns of confederate infantry marching along the road. The catch? Their retreating.

"Hey boys! Their retreating!" He yells out. A whoop comes up from the camped men. He had gotten orders to not pursue. So he just watched with satisfaction

Matthew yells at the retreating Rebs, "Run you cowardly traitors!" He then begins to sing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" with his platoon joining in.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat May 30, 2020 5:01 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Bolslania wrote:As the morning approaches, Hargrave scans the battlefield with his field binoculars. He notices large columns of confederate infantry marching along the road. The catch? Their retreating.

Matthew yells at the retreating Rebs, "Run you cowardly traitors!" He then begins to sing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" with his platoon joining in.

Hargrave smiles at the seemingly good moral of his unit. He was a little worried, casualties in B Company where high, and he was worried that they would be put in combat before being able to refresh

Please God let there be a recruitment drive he prays

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan Democratic Nation » Sun May 31, 2020 5:57 am

Stalins backhair wrote:Bale and the assistant gunner chuckled as Norton obviously didnt recognize them

"Sir, we're on Sergeant Major Jeffersen's gun sir. We're just up the hill. Let us grab the ammo we came for and we'll take you up sir."

Bale's somewhat toned down German accent slipped through as he became slightly amused. He and the asst. gunner grabbed some crates of canister and percussion shells and returned to the Captain

"Ready sir?"

"Yes Corporal" Norton said as he put away the journal. "As you may know, I am Captain Thomas Norton, the new commanding officer of Battery B."
"I hope we get along as we fight against the rebels."

Red Badge of Courage
Cold War RP Reboot
A Victory in the East

Stalins backhair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalins backhair » Sun May 31, 2020 9:46 am

"Right sir. Well, let's take you up shall we?" Bale said to the Captain.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun May 31, 2020 2:59 pm

McClellan had given the order. Don't pursue. They had the rebs running and they weren't allowed to destroy them. This is why the Army of the Potomac has a reputation of slowness and a track record of defeat. Now Harper's Ferry is doomed and the dixies can regroup at Antietam.

Barfleur
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Barfleur » Sun May 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Captain Finnegan could not believe his ears. After weeks of tense waiting, he had finally led his battery to the battlefield, and had inflicted many a casualty on the rebel forces. Given the opportunity, it was very possible for the 1st New York Artillery to accompany the Army of the Potomac towards Richmond, and "hang Jeff Davis to a sour apple tree," as one popular soldier's song put it. Instead, they would be consigned to garrison duty, untold months spent mopping floors and parading on squares, just because McClellan did not have it in him to finish the fight.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Edmure Norfield
Military Attaché: Colonel Lyndon Q. Ralston
Author, GA#597, GA#605, GA#609, GA#668, and GA#685.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

Bolslania
Minister

September 15th, 2 days before the battle of Antietam

Postby Bolslania » Sun May 31, 2020 4:20 pm

Hargrave swore quietly when he got the order to set up a full camp at Crampton's Gap. Supposedly they were going to move out tomorrow, but they should be moving today. Now Lee has time. And he can't be given time. Hargrave met with his platoon commanders

"Drill the guys a little bit, keep 'em in shape. But let them rest. Now that "Little Napoleon" is letting Lee prepare, we're gonna have a hard fight when we get their." Hargrave walked over to the Cannoneers.

"You're with us." He says shortly.

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:22 am

Cain was up and walking now, but he still had some pain in his chest. He assured Sergeant Johnson he could fight. He found his rifle and ammunition pack and sat down with his mess mates. It was a little smaller than before the battle. Every time he closed his eyes he remembered the screams and whistling of bullets, shells, and canister fragments. His uniform was caked in dried blood and sweat.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:24 pm

Hargrave sighed. better late than never I guess

"Alright! B Company! We're moving out! Grab your gear and fall in!" His cry was joined by the other officers yelling to there men to get into position for march.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Bolslania wrote:Hargrave sighed. better late than never I guess

"Alright! B Company! We're moving out! Grab your gear and fall in!" His cry was joined by the other officers yelling to there men to get into position for march.

Sergeant Johnson saluted yeah yelling, "Sir yes Sir!" He walked back to his platoon and started yelling out orders for his men to get ready to leave. 1st Platoon immediately followed his order.

Hospitiliars wrote:Cain was up and walking now, but he still had some pain in his chest. He assured Sergeant Johnson he could fight. He found his rifle and ammunition pack and sat down with his mess mates. It was a little smaller than before the battle. Every time he closed his eyes he remembered the screams and whistling of bullets, shells, and canister fragments. His uniform was caked in dried blood and sweat.

Sergeant Johnson walks up to Private Cain, "Ah Private Cain, it's good to see you in one piece. Get that uniform cleaned up get ready to move out."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:20 am

Battery L, 1st New York Artillery accompanied the Union troops on their march towards Antietam. “Sergeant!” shouted Captain Finnegan.
“Yes sir?” responded the battery’s senior enlisted leader, Sergeant Michael Wright.
“Fetch my binoculars. I see movements on the horizon.”
Squinting through his pair of worn-out heavy binoculars, Captain Finnegan could barely make out rows of soldiers clad in gray towards the edge of the forest. They were marching south, towards the stone bridge near Sharpsburg. That could only mean one thing: a rebel assault.
Last edited by Barfleur on Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:22 am

Barfleur wrote:Battery L, 1st New York Artillery accompanied the Union troops on their march towards Antietam. “Sergeant!” shouted Captain Finnegan.
“Yes sir?” responded the battery’s senior enlisted leader, Sergeant Michael Wright.

Hargrave saw Finnegan reach for his binoculars

"What do you see?"

Barfleur
Ambassador

Postby Barfleur » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:24 am

Bolslania wrote:
Barfleur wrote:Battery L, 1st New York Artillery accompanied the Union troops on their march towards Antietam. “Sergeant!” shouted Captain Finnegan.

"What do you see?"

“Lieutenant, I see rebs heading south-southeast. I don’t know how many there are, but if Lee knows what he’s doing he’ll have sent more than just one force. I think they’re heading for Sharpshurg, near Antietam. If we can get there first, we can prevent them from occupying the town.”
Co-author, GA#534.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:28 am

Barfleur wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

"What do you see?"

“Lieutenant, I see rebs heading south-southeast. I don’t know how many there are, but if Lee knows what he’s doing he’ll have sent more than just one force. I think they’re heading for Sharpshurg, near Antietam. If we can get there first, we can prevent them from occupying the town.”

Hargrave watched the Reb column

"I see them. They're pretty close, I doubt will be able to catch them, but if we move fast we might get there before they can entrench. Only problem is that there is only one way in, across that bridge. This is gonna be ugly" Hargrave said, lowering his glasses

Stalins backhair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalins backhair » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:30 am

Bale listened to the officers as they rolled the guns along. He gulped. He wasnt looking forward to another bloodbath. The Union column looked haggard but the victory had boosted the morale of the defeat-stricken Army of the Potomac. He looked at Norton, wondering how he would pan out. Artillery captaining was an art form, a very, very macabre art form but still an art form. Not all men had the stomach for it, he hoped the new captain would.

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:34 am

American Pere Housh wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Hargrave sighed. better late than never I guess

Sergeant Johnson saluted yeah yelling, "Sir yes Sir!" He walked back to his platoon and started yelling out orders for his men to get ready to leave. 1st Platoon immediately followed his order.

Hospitiliars wrote:Cain was up and walking now, but he still had some pain in his chest. He assured Sergeant Johnson he could fight. He found his rifle and ammunition pack and sat down with his mess mates. It was a little smaller than before the battle. Every time he closed his eyes he remembered the screams and whistling of bullets, shells, and canister fragments. His uniform was caked in dried blood and sweat.

Sergeant Johnson walks up to Private Cain, "Ah Private Cain, it's good to see you in one piece. Get that uniform cleaned up get ready to move out."

"Good to be in one piece Sergeant." Cain replied standing up, he didnt have time to fully clean his uniform, but he scrapped most of the blood flakes and debris off. He fell into line and began to march with his unit. It was somewhat smaller than when they had begun to fight. He was proud to be a part of the Iron Brigade.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse