NATION

PASSWORD

An Age of Dragons and Dragon Hunters: OOC/Character/Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu May 28, 2020 2:41 pm

Revlona wrote:
Bolslania wrote:NS Name: Bolslania
Character Name: John Boyton
Race (Available are: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Half-Orcs): Human
Sex: M
Strengths: All forms of combat, experienced killer of a variety of creatures, tracking, navigation, minor blacksmithing, minor carpentry, minor medicinal ability.
Weaknesses: No ability to sympathize with another human being, rarely able to properly analyze risk, no regard for danger to himself or others.
Personality: Functionally a psychopath. But he has done a fairly decent job of hiding it from people
Biography (At least two paragraphs): John Boyton was born the 4th son of a merchant family in a mountainside trading hub. He grew up learning business and manners, for he was to inherit 1/4 of the estate and business. He was apprenticed to several craftsman in the town to learn various trades and skills. But before his life could come to fruition, the dragons returned. A dragon swept through his town and killed all of John's family, except for him. When he stumbled out into the smoke and body filled street, something inside him broke.

He became a viscous monster, near-akin to the dragon that razed his town, becoming a hunter of dangerous beasts and people with bounties on their heads before finally joining the Hunters when he was 23. He received training from a guardsman whom he paid to teach him, the training lasted for several years while John perfected his skills on criminals and beasts. Eventually he outgrew the guardsman's ability, and at the age of 22, John was on his own. He scoured the lands, looking through bulletins and questioning bartenders for bounties on beasts and people. He was nearly killed 4-5 times before he started working in the guild. But he has not let that deter him from his lust for blood and death. When he joined up he was assigned to a small team of about 6 hunters working in Sidleyon. His first dragon was the Beta of an Adder pack, they were attacked at night and one of the hunters was killed in her sleep, while the Adders were beaten off, several of the members were injured and John had to be reassigned so that he could carry on hunting. He has landed killing blows several dragons, most notably a Hornnose, and assisted in the killing of many more, in an attempt to sate his thirst for violence and revenge. This he has never achieved. With a body count of over 60 assorted beasts, people, and dragons there is still a gaping whole where a soul should be.
Equipment: Crossbow with 35 bolts, dragon-scale shield, Brandistock spear (Functionally a switchblade spear, real thing), map, compass, large knife
Magic User: Y/N
Mana (Only if magic user.): Weak/Average/Semi Strong/Strong/ Semi-Powerful/Powerful

Accepted

tbh I was about to reeeeeeee there

When will the IC come up?
Last edited by Bolslania on Thu May 28, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Revlona wrote:
Accepted

Hmm

I'd like at least one more person but if not then i can look at starting tomorrow
Lover of doggos

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Revlona wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

Hmm

I'd like at least one more person but if not then i can look at starting tomorrow

Cool

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu May 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Hey Rev, can I get a rough approximation of the year (IRL) that this RP is set in?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu May 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Bolslania wrote:Hey Rev, can I get a rough approximation of the year (IRL) that this RP is set in?

IRL?
Lover of doggos

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Revlona wrote:
Bolslania wrote:Hey Rev, can I get a rough approximation of the year (IRL) that this RP is set in?

IRL?

As in the equivalent time period

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu May 28, 2020 4:36 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Revlona wrote:
IRL?

A mix of a lot

Early-mid renaissance being the most modern
Lover of doggos

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu May 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Revlona wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

A mix of a lot

Early-mid renaissance being the most modern

k just wanted to add some armor because I forgot to do that
Last edited by Bolslania on Thu May 28, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 am

I assume signing up as a dragon is completely out of the question?
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri May 29, 2020 9:46 am

Of the Quendi wrote:I assume signing up as a dragon is completely out of the question?

Indeed
Lover of doggos

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri May 29, 2020 11:36 am

Revlona wrote:Indeed

Fair enough.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri May 29, 2020 7:30 pm

What kinds of weaponry are available?

The Higher Kingdoms
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Higher Kingdoms » Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 pm

Revlona wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:I assume signing up as a dragon is completely out of the question?

Indeed

What about a horse?

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 am

Ard al Islam wrote:What kinds of weaponry are available?

Mid-medieval to early Renaissance

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sat May 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:What kinds of weaponry are available?

That would include firearms.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat May 30, 2020 2:02 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

No it wouldn't

Technology has been sitting relatively still for the past couple hundred years thanks to the dragon wars and the fall of the Albenyan empire
Last edited by Revlona on Sat May 30, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat May 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

Technically you're right but they were very unreliable, highly inaccurate, and very expensive

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun May 31, 2020 3:34 am

Revlona wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:That would include firearms.

No it wouldn't

Technology has been sitting relatively still for the past couple hundred years thanks to the dragon wars and the fall of the Albenyan empire

Firearms were only available, well, before the renaissance. And the Dragon Wars happened around 100 years ago, and the "fall" of the Alnebyan Empire(which is still there) happened soon after, if I'm not mistaken? So I don't understand the whole "couple hundred years" bit.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun May 31, 2020 7:04 am

Ard al Islam wrote:
Revlona wrote:No it wouldn't

Firearms were only available, well, before the renaissance. And the Dragon Wars happened around 100 years ago, and the "fall" of the Alnebyan Empire(which is still there) happened soon after, if I'm not mistaken? So I don't understand the whole "couple hundred years" bit.

The dragon wars ended 100 years ago, widespread dragon attacks were an issue that only climaxed in the 50 or so years before the end. And the Albenyan empire didn't just collapse over night, there were several years of secessionist fighting between the empire and rebel states.

Plus this my fantasy world, irl firearms might have begun to advance in this period, but not in this one
Last edited by Revlona on Sun May 31, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun May 31, 2020 7:06 am

Revlona wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:Firearms were only available, well, before the renaissance. And the Dragon Wars happened around 100 years ago, and the "fall" of the Alnebyan Empire(which is still there) happened soon after, if I'm not mistaken? So I don't understand the whole "couple hundred years" bit.

The dragon wars ended 100 years ago, widespread dragon attacks were an issue that only climaxed in the 50 or so years before the end. And the Albenyan empire didn't just collapse over night, there were several years of secessionist fighting between the empire and rebel states.

Plus this my fantasy world, irl firearms might have begun to advance in this period, but not in this one

Are we still waiting on another player?

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun May 31, 2020 12:58 pm

Revlona wrote:Plus this my fantasy world, irl firearms might have begun to advance in this period, but not in this one

No, this last part I do understand. This is a story in the "fantasy" genre.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun May 31, 2020 2:56 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Revlona wrote:Plus this my fantasy world, irl firearms might have begun to advance in this period, but not in this one

No, this last part I do understand. This is a story in the "fantasy" genre.

Then what's the point of argument? No guns.

Stalins backhair
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalins backhair » Sun May 31, 2020 4:07 pm

NS Name: Stalins backhair
Character Name: Karl Oppenbraun
Race (Available are: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Half-Orcs): Human
Sex: M
Strengths: Medicine, healing(of a magical nature), biology,
Weaknesses: Sometimes way to curious, morals are sidetracked if it means advancement of goals
Personality: Erratic, very intelligent, while a healer he considers it more of a side-effect of morbid curiosity.
Biography (At least two paragraphs): Karl Oppenbraun was born reasonably wealthy to a family of merchants. At the age of 12 he was apprenticed to the town doctor, this is where is magic began to show. He was working on a patient who had been hurt in a farming accident and when Karl touched him, the wound to heal. Upon that, Karl worked both with the doctor and the local mage to bring out both of his talents, for he had shown a very good understanding of medicine and herbs.

At the age of 24, he was now a journeyman mage-doctor and was out gathering herbs in the woods when he heard some commotion. Upon investigation, he saw a group of Hunters fighting a young Mountain Red dragon in a clearing. He watched as they slew it, and upon the conclusion of the fight, he provided medicinal assistance, saving one's life. He was offered a position in the ranks of the Hunters, which he had to put a raincheck on while he trained his apprentice. He finished when he was 25 and left for the Hunters HQ. He now acts as a medic for his team, buffing and keeping them alive in their endeavors.
Equipment: Medicinal herbs and such. Large dagger. An assortment of syringes and needles.
Magic User: Y
Mana (Only if magic user.): Semi-strong.
Yeah, as you can tell by the name, I don't take this game very seriously.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun May 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Ah cool. A medic

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun May 31, 2020 4:36 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:No, this last part I do understand. This is a story in the "fantasy" genre.

Then what's the point of argument? No guns.

You've got a lot to say for something you have nothing to do with and know nothing about, you hear? I asked OP what weapons were available and you piped up. While that doesn't bother me so much, the fact is, by what you said, that would include firearms. If we were including real-life renaissance weaponry, then that would include firearms. No doubt about it, which is why I drilled it home. As for firearms in the RP, you and I both know that it's the OP's choice. That's why I didn't argue with him for having guns in the story. I only told him that renaissance technology includes guns because you decided to tell me we were having renaissance technology.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse