NATION

PASSWORD

An Age of Dragons and Dragon Hunters: OOC/Character/Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun May 10, 2020 10:10 am

Yorkistan wrote:Interested, wondering how long it's been since the dragons scattered for my character

The Dragon wars ended about 102 years ago
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun May 10, 2020 10:12 am

Voxija wrote:NS Name: Der Voschland Voxija
Character Name: Javarga Thunderfist
Race (Available are: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Half-Orcs): Dwarf.
Appearance:
Javarga not in armor:
Sex: female.
Strengths: Physically strong, good with weapons, follows orders
Weaknesses: not that intelligent, bad at strategy, more of a follower than a leader
Personality: Emotional, not in the crying, hysterical way, but that when Javarga feels happy, she feels extremely happy, when she's sad, she's in the lowest of lows, and when this dwarf is angry, get out of her way. Likes fighting and battles. Javarga makes friends rather easily, especially when they share some beer or mead with her.
Biography (At least two paragraphs):
Javarga is a light dwarf, a subspecies of dwarf that lives closer to the sun than other dwarfs and interacts with humans more. She lived in the mountains in the north of the Diocese of Savenoria. Javarga grew up hearing stories about terrible dragons who destroyed dwarven villages and killed the dwarves living in them. When Javarga was the dwarf equivalent of a teenager, she decided to grow her beard, instead of shaving it like the other women in her family. Javarga earned her name "Thunderfist" in the great battle of Fortoss, a battle between dwarves and elves in the Diocese of Savenoria. The dwarves lost, but Javarga came to be known as "Thunderfist" because she killed many enemies.
When Javarga learned that the dragons were returning, she was horrified. She immediately joined the Savenorian (?) chapter of the Hunter's Guild. It has been a couple of weeks since she joined the guild, and Javarga hasn't killed any dragons yet, but she's itchin' to do some in.
Equipment: A full body leather suit of armor, a double-bladed axe named "Thing-Flayer", a sword named "Vera", and a shield that isn't named anything.
Magic User: N
Mana (Only if magic user.): n/a

Can I submit a nation lore application as well as this character?

Can i get a little more bio? Maybe a paragraph detailing her early years?

and yes nation lore applications are always open!
Lover of doggos

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun May 10, 2020 10:20 am

Race (Available are: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Half-Orcs): Dwarf.
Appearance:
Javarga not in armor:
Weaknesses: not that intelligent, bad at strategy, more of a follower than a leader
Personality: Emotional, not in the crying, hysterical way, but that when Javarga feels happy, she feels extremely happy, when she's sad, she's in the lowest of lows, and when this dwarf is angry, get out of her way. Likes fighting and battles. Javarga makes friends rather easily, especially when they share some beer or mead with her.
Javarga is a light dwarf, a subspecies of dwarf that lives closer to the sun than other dwarfs and interacts with humans more. She lived in the mountains in the north of the Diocese of Savenoria. Javarga's family were merchants who dealt with humans (but not elves or orcs due to speciesist prejudice) and acted as the middlemen between the mining dark dwarves and humans. Javarga grew up hearing stories about terrible dragons who destroyed dwarven villages and killed the dwarves living in them. Javarga had a slew of older and younger brothers, and she was the middle child.
When Javarga was the dwarf equivalent of a teenager, she decided to grow her beard, instead of shaving it like the other women in her family. Javarga earned her name "Thunderfist" in the great battle of Fortoss, a battle between dwarves and elves in the Diocese of Savenoria. The dwarves lost, but Javarga came to be known as "Thunderfist" because she killed many enemies.
When Javarga learned that the dragons were returning, she was horrified. She immediately joined the Savenorian (?) chapter of the Hunter's Guild. It has been a couple of weeks since she joined the guild, and Javarga hasn't killed any dragons yet, but she's itchin' to do some in.
Equipment: A full body leather suit of armor, a double-bladed axe named "Thing-Flayer", a sword named "Vera", and a shield that isn't named anything.

I hope this is enough bio, but I understand if you need more.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun May 10, 2020 10:24 am

Voxija wrote:
Appearance:
Javarga not in armor:
Javarga is a light dwarf, a subspecies of dwarf that lives closer to the sun than other dwarfs and interacts with humans more. She lived in the mountains in the north of the Diocese of Savenoria. Javarga's family were merchants who dealt with humans (but not elves or orcs due to speciesist prejudice) and acted as the middlemen between the mining dark dwarves and humans. Javarga grew up hearing stories about terrible dragons who destroyed dwarven villages and killed the dwarves living in them. Javarga had a slew of older and younger brothers, and she was the middle child.
When Javarga was the dwarf equivalent of a teenager, she decided to grow her beard, instead of shaving it like the other women in her family. Javarga earned her name "Thunderfist" in the great battle of Fortoss, a battle between dwarves and elves in the Diocese of Savenoria. The dwarves lost, but Javarga came to be known as "Thunderfist" because she killed many enemies.

I hope this is enough bio, but I understand if you need more.

Hmm it is looking better

Though I would like to point out that the races aren't really in a warring state, they tend to coexist rather well. As such any battles between races would probably be very low key and more like skirmishes forced to a boiling point by prejudices
Lover of doggos

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun May 10, 2020 10:37 am

Appearance:
Javarga not in armor:
Javarga is a light dwarf, a subspecies of dwarf that lives closer to the sun than other dwarfs and interacts with humans more. She lived in the mountains in the north of the Diocese of Savenoria. Javarga's family, the Thunderfist clan, were merchants who dealt with other races and acted as the middlemen between the mining dark dwarves and non-dwarves. Javarga grew up hearing stories about terrible dragons who destroyed dwarven villages and killed the dwarves living in them. Javarga had a slew of older and younger brothers, and she was the middle child. When Javarga was the dwarf equivalent of a teenager, she decided to grow her beard, instead of shaving it like the other women in her family.

Since I don't imagine my character as speciesist, Thunderfist is now merely a clan name.
Last edited by Voxija on Sun May 10, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun May 10, 2020 10:41 am

Appearance:
Javarga not in armor:
Javarga is a light dwarf, a subspecies of dwarf that lives closer to the sun than other dwarfs and interacts with humans more. She lived in the mountains in the north of the Diocese of Savenoria. Javarga's family, the Thunderfist clan, were merchants who dealt with other races and acted as the middlemen between the mining dark dwarves and non-dwarves. Javarga grew up hearing stories about terrible dragons who destroyed dwarven villages and killed the dwarves living in them. Javarga had a slew of older and younger brothers, and she was the middle child. When Javarga was the dwarf equivalent of a teenager, she decided to grow her beard, instead of shaving it like the other women in her family.

Can I submit a nation lore application as well as this character?

With those changes you are accepted!
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon May 11, 2020 1:07 pm

Bestiary updated
Lover of doggos

Allwar
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Allwar » Mon May 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Curious on how "Character-centric" this actually is as well as some examples of writings available to

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon May 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Allwar wrote:Curious on how "Character-centric" this actually is as well as some examples of writings available to

It is completely character centric, you and others characters actions is what molds to story which will be told.

The nation lore apps are just there to give players a chance to fill out the world if they so choose.
Lover of doggos

Allwar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Dime Saltsnow

Postby Allwar » Mon May 11, 2020 2:19 pm

NS Name: Allwar
Character Name: Dime Saltsnow
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male
Strengths: Mining, Chemistry, and Straight-forwardness.
Weaknesses: Aggressive, Fashion, and Brutal Straight-forwardness.
Personality: Passionate about his work and what he knows, ignoring most of what he doesn't know or can't help improve his work and practice as a miner. Despises Dragons as competitors. Tries to be the brutish ladies man. A devout party animal.
Biography (At least two paragraphs): Solemn, reticent new owner of the Snow Mining Co. due to a fiasco leading to his parents death at the hands of a surprise dragon attack. He has been using his family connections in order to resource materials and finance a decent portion of the guild's arsenal. However, due to the recent resurgence of the dragons he is finding the mining business to be extremely difficult to continue on the account dragons seems to like caves and mines of rare earth metals as lairs, thus all but ending the company's operations.

Now, with his generational business drying up and the nearly useless deeds to mines he has a personal vendetta to see the dragons dealt with in order to restore the waning company. He definitely won't allow these damned beasts of legend to destroy his family's legacy dating well back to the first dragon conflicts.

Equipment: Crossbow, Damascus Steel Daggers, Snowflake Crested Leathers, and numerous "homemade" grenades mixed from chemicals used in mining.
Magic User: N, Science tho...
Mana (Only if magic user.): Nah

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon May 11, 2020 2:29 pm

Allwar wrote:NS Name: Allwar
Character Name: Dime Saltsnow
Race: Dwarf
Strengths: Mining, Chemistry, and Straight-forwardness.
Weaknesses: Aggressive, Fashion, and Brutal Straight-forwardness.
Personality: Passionate about his work and what he knows, ignoring most of what he doesn't know or can't help improve his work and practice as a miner. Despises Dragons as competitors. Tries to be the brutish ladies man. A devout party animal.
Biography (At least two paragraphs): Solemn, reticent new owner of the Snow Mining Co. due to a fiasco leading to his parents death at the hands of a surprise dragon attack. He has been using his family connections in order to resource materials and finance a decent portion of the guild's arsenal. However, due to the recent resurgence of the dragons he is finding the mining business to be extremely difficult to continue on the account dragons seems to like caves and mines of rare earth metals as lairs, thus all but ending the company's operations.

Now, with his generational business drying up and the nearly useless deeds to mines he has a personal vendetta to see the dragons dealt with in order to restore the waning company. He definitely won't allow these damned beasts of legend to destroy his family's legacy dating well back to the first dragon conflicts.

Equipment: Crossbow, Damascus Steel Daggers, Snowflake Crested Leathers, and numerous "homemade" grenades mixed from chemicals used in mining.
Magic User: N, Science tho...
Mana (Only if magic user.): Nah

Looking good, just would like the BIO flushed out
Lover of doggos

Allwar
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Allwar » Mon May 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Flushed or do you mean fleshed?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon May 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Allwar wrote:Flushed or do you mean fleshed?

Yee fleshed
Lover of doggos

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Mon May 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Here's my nation lore application. Revlona can add or delete parts or alter it to fit their version of this world any way they want to.

NS Name: Voxija

Nation: the Diocese of Savenoria

Brief Description: The Diocese of Savenoria (Sah-veh-nor-ee-a) is the largest nation in the western end of Alesia, and one of the three big powers (Savenoria, Saresland, and Brasbover) of that half of the continent. Savenoria enjoys a Mediterranean climate at the coast and a more temperate climate in the north, and is renowned for culture and fine arts. Savenoria is technically governed by a bishop of the Ecumenical Church of Elvish Dualism, but in practice, the country is governed by an Advisory Council made up of many different races. Major cities within Savenoria include Viellia (the capital) and Fortoss (a crime-ridden city of merchants). The currency is the gaeld.

History: 1000 years ago, the Alnebyan Empire was trying to spread all across Alesia. The continent was a scattered mix of Bronze Age human tribes, Iron Age dwarf and orc tribes, and elf civilizations during that time. The elves, who belonged to the Savenor group, who were wood elves living in that region with brown hair and blue eyes, united the tribes to ward off the Alnebyan Empire. They succeeded, and the peoples living there formed the nation of Savenoria. The Elvish Dualist Church took over, but their rule was merely nominal.

The first few hundred years after Savenoria's founding were spent dealing with dragon attacks from Mountain Reds and their cousins, Alnebyan Zmai. Since the Diocese was too busy having its towns destroyed by dragons, the Church could not govern effectively, and so Savenoria remained a loosely affiliated set of towns, villages, and even some rapidly expanding cities.

During this time period, Alesia progressed from the Iron Age to the Low Middle Ages. Many new technologies were invented in Savenoria, mostly weapons. This period ended when the Savenorian human soldier Banen Olliver invented the crossbow 560 years after the founding of Savenoria. Now Savenorian soldiers stood a very small chance against the dragons, and Savenoria began to flourish.

Savenorian artists created many great paintings, sculptures, and even operas. Dwarves used the gemstones they mined to create fabulous pieces of jewelry. Mages from Savenoria became famous throughout the world, and Savenorian alchemists advanced the world's knowledge of the sciences. This was the time when Savenoria built her reputation as a center of culture and art.

The Diocese rapidly became a center of power in Western Alesia, although its influence was tempered by the fact that dragons were savaging Alesia at this time. The Elvish bishop actually governed, and the Advisory Council merely helped him.

But then the dragons messed everything up. An unwise bishop tried to negotiate with the dragons and the dragons torched Savenoria's villages in return. The ensuing battles became part of the infamous Dragon Wars. The Diocese of Savenoria was pushed to the brink of ruin.

When the Dragon Wars ended with the Slaughter at Cadival, Savenoria seized the opportunity to regain her former glory. The powers of the Advisory Council were greatly expanded at the expense of the bishop's. Savenoria rebuilt her cities and regained her former stature in western Alesia. Savenorian artists, mages, craftsmen, scientists are once again famous throughout Alesia, but now that the dragons are coming back, the Diocese is threatened once again.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon May 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Voxija wrote:Here's my nation lore application. Revlona can add or delete parts or alter it to fit their version of this world any way they want to.

NS Name: Voxija

Nation: the Diocese of Savenoria

Brief Description: The Diocese of Savenoria (Sah-veh-nor-ee-a) is the largest nation in the western end of Alesia, and one of the three big powers (Savenoria, Saresland, and Brasbover) of that half of the continent. Savenoria enjoys a Mediterranean climate at the coast and a more temperate climate in the north, and is renowned for culture and fine arts. Savenoria is technically governed by a bishop of the Ecumenical Church of Elvish Dualism, but in practice, the country is governed by an Advisory Council made up of many different races. Major cities within Savenoria include Viellia (the capital) and Fortoss (a crime-ridden city of merchants). The currency is the gaeld.

History: 1000 years ago, the Alnebyan Empire was trying to spread all across Alesia. The continent was a scattered mix of Bronze Age human tribes, Iron Age dwarf and orc tribes, and elf civilizations during that time. The elves, who belonged to the Savenor group, who were wood elves living in that region with brown hair and blue eyes, united the tribes to ward off the Alnebyan Empire. They succeeded, and the peoples living there formed the nation of Savenoria. The Elvish Dualist Church took over, but their rule was merely nominal.

The first few hundred years after Savenoria's founding were spent dealing with dragon attacks from Mountain Reds and their cousins, Alnebyan Zmai. Since the Diocese was too busy having its towns destroyed by dragons, the Church could not govern effectively, and so Savenoria remained a loosely affiliated set of towns, villages, and even some rapidly expanding cities.

During this time period, Alesia progressed from the Iron Age to the Low Middle Ages. Many new technologies were invented in Savenoria, mostly weapons. This period ended when the Savenorian human soldier Banen Olliver invented the crossbow 560 years after the founding of Savenoria. Now Savenorian soldiers stood a very small chance against the dragons, and Savenoria began to flourish.

Savenorian artists created many great paintings, sculptures, and even operas. Dwarves used the gemstones they mined to create fabulous pieces of jewelry. Mages from Savenoria became famous throughout the world, and Savenorian alchemists advanced the world's knowledge of the sciences. This was the time when Savenoria built her reputation as a center of culture and art.

The Diocese rapidly became a center of power in Western Alesia, although its influence was tempered by the fact that dragons were savaging Alesia at this time. The Elvish bishop actually governed, and the Advisory Council merely helped him.

But then the dragons messed everything up. An unwise bishop tried to negotiate with the dragons and the dragons torched Savenoria's villages in return. The ensuing battles became part of the infamous Dragon Wars. The Diocese of Savenoria was pushed to the brink of ruin.

When the Dragon Wars ended with the Slaughter at Cadival, Savenoria seized the opportunity to regain her former glory. The powers of the Advisory Council were greatly expanded at the expense of the bishop's. Savenoria rebuilt her cities and regained her former stature in western Alesia. Savenorian artists, mages, craftsmen, scientists are once again famous throughout Alesia, but now that the dragons are coming back, the Diocese is threatened once again.

Tweaked it a bit and added!
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue May 12, 2020 11:08 am

1 or 2 more people and I'll do the IC
Lover of doggos

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Mon May 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Shoot, Voxija is here? This will be fun!

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Mon May 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Is there an IC?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue May 19, 2020 7:41 am

Ard al Islam wrote:Is there an IC?

Not yet
Lover of doggos

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Tue May 19, 2020 8:25 am

Revlona wrote:1 or 2 more people and I'll do the IC

When you do the IC, can you TG the people involved?

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Application

Postby Ard al Islam » Wed May 27, 2020 4:21 pm

NS Name: Ard al Islam
Character Name:
Race: Human
Appearance: Imagine this man

Wearing these clothes

• A strong, stern face, with brown hair and a small beard
  • A muscular build
  • A wool cap
  • A dark brown blanket-shawl of sorts
  • Blue tunic-like shirt with slits in the sides, and matching pants
  • Shoes

Strengths: Tough, strong, independent, and extremely skilled with a bow.
Weaknesses: Not a social person.
Personality: The textbook anti-hero. He is a man whose morals are questionable. He won't hesitate to play dirty if it benefits him but will play the hero and help others if he sees it as fit. Usually cares only about himself, but will help others according to his own code of justice. He is an outsider in society, passing through like the wind.
Biography: This man was born in the Alnebyan Empire. His parents died when he was only 7, so he was forced to move and find work. He joined the farm of a greedy businessman and worked hard there. During his time as a farmhand, he was picked on by other farmhands. One day, when he was 15, he challenged the lead farmhand to a bow fight. The man killed him, and he soon fled. He escaped the authorities by heading south into the untamed mountain region, where he hid out and honed his skills.

After a while hanging out there, he had practiced and become proficient with the use of a bow and other weapons. So good, in fact, that when he was found by 2 bounty hunters, he was able to outdraw and kill them both. After that, he decided he would move south and live the life of a bounty hunter, killing for money.

Crossing the Diocese of Sheria, he soon entered the Western part of the continent. He would later travel from Saresland to Brasbover and finally Savenoria(which is where I assume the IC will start), never staying in one place for too long. He would travel to make money. He hunted criminals and animals. He gained an infamous reputation as a deadly archer, able to fight from horseback.
Equipment:
  • A composite bow kept in a leather sheath, held on his back, right next to his quiver.
  • A slingshot in his belt.
  • A fancy knife in a sheath, with a handle made of Dragon-horn.
  • A horse.
Magic-User: No

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:NS Name: Ard al Islam
Character Name:

Wearing these clothes

• A muscular build
  • A wool cap
  • Shoes

Weaknesses: Not a social person.
Personality: The textbook anti-hero. He is a man whose morals are questionable. He won't hesitate to play dirty if it benefits him but will play the hero and help others if he sees it as fit. Usually cares only about himself, but will help others according to his own code of justice. He is an outsider in society, passing through like the wind.
Biography: This man was born in the Alnebyan Empire. His parents died when he was only 7, so he was forced to move and find work. He joined the farm of a greedy businessman and worked hard there. During his time as a farmhand, he was picked on by other farmhands. One day, when he was 15, he challenged the lead farmhand to a bow fight. The man killed him, and he soon fled. He escaped the authorities by heading south into the untamed mountain region, where he hid out and honed his skills.

After a while hanging out there, he had practiced and become proficient with the use of a bow and other weapons. So good, in fact, that when he was found by 2 bounty hunters, he was able to outdraw and kill them both. After that, he decided he would move south and live the life of a bounty hunter, killing for money.

Crossing the Diocese of Sheria, he soon entered the Western part of the continent. He would later travel from Saresland to Brasbover and finally Savenoria(which is where I assume the IC will start), never staying in one place for too long. He would travel to make money. He hunted criminals and animals. He gained an infamous reputation as a deadly archer, able to fight from horseback.
Equipment:
  • A composite bow kept in a leather sheath, held on his back, right next to his quiver.
  • A slingshot in his belt.
  • A fancy knife in a sheath, with a handle made of Dragon-horn.
  • A horse.

It looks decent just needs some edits

1. I need an explanation for the no name. Can’t be a “just cause” kind of thing. He would have a name from his parents, by 7 years old that is something that should stick. Even if he lost that name the businessman he went to work for would most likely have called him something.

2. Duels are a thing but not really among the peasantry. I’d like you to flesh out why he had this duel with the lead farmhand, going from being picked on to killing someone in a duel should take a few steps.

3. You don’t really outdraw two people like with revolvers in a western. Maybe an ambush would make more sense?
Lover of doggos

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Thu May 28, 2020 12:25 am

Revlona wrote:

1. I need an explanation for the no name. Can’t be a “just cause” kind of thing. He would have a name from his parents, by 7 years old that is something that should stick. Even if he lost that name the businessman he went to work for would most likely have called him something.

2. Duels are a thing but not really among the peasantry. I’d like you to flesh out why he had this duel with the lead farmhand, going from being picked on to killing someone in a duel should take a few steps.

3. You don’t really outdraw two people like with revolvers in a western. Maybe an ambush would make more sense?

1. I explained the no name thing in a telegram, but I'll post it again here just to be sure.
"Simply put, no one knows my character's name. Obviously his parents gave him a name, but he doesn't tell anyone what it is. So no one knows his name, and everyone just invents their own monikers for him."

I choose not to give the character an identity to add to his mystery. Feel free to refer to him in an OOC context as the "Nameless Archer," the "Anonymous Archer," or "The Archer Without a Name(preferably the last one)." IC-wise, let every character call him whatever nickname they feel fits.

2. Well, for about 8 years, he was tormented by older ranch-hands. Suppose he's bullies for 8 years. Now say some big thing sends him over the top, and he snaps. The bully isn't right in the head, so he challenges the kid to a fight. The kid, mad with rage, accepts and kills the bully. Perhaps the bully is the son of the Nobleman in charge of the ranch? That would cause a bigger reason for the manhunt, anyways.

3. Another thing about the character, his main trait is skill with a bow. While not common, shooting a bow very fast is possible. Think about it; when you bring your hand back and release the arrow, your hand is right next to another arrow in your quiver, allowing you to grab another arrow, fire it, and in the same fluid motion, grab another and fire again. Plus, he had his bow out while the 2 did not, so he could kill one guy and then draw another arrow in the same motion while the second guy was still trying to get his bow into an operable position. I decided to negate his impeccable bow skill by making him unable to do magic, so he's not too OP.

Updated Application:
Character Name: No one knows his name. Obviously his parents gave him a name, but he doesn't tell anyone what it is. So no one knows his name, and everyone just invents their own monikers for him.

Wearing these clothes

• A muscular build
  • A wool cap
  • Shoes

Weaknesses: Not a social person, has a questionable moral character(not above being the "bad guy"), seemingly values money over everything.
Personality: The textbook anti-hero. He is a man whose morals are ambiguous. He won't hesitate to play dirty if it benefits him but will play the hero and help others if he sees it as fit. Usually cares only about himself, but will help others according to his own code of justice. He is an outsider in society, passing through like the wind.
Biography: This man was born in the Alnebyan Empire. His parents died when he was only 7, so he was forced to move and find work. He joined the farm of a greedy Nobleman and worked hard there. During his time as a farmhand, he was relentlessly bullied by other farmhands, especially the Nobleman's son. One day, when he was 15, the Nobleman's son goes too far and insults his parents. Angered, the man challenges him to an archery competition. They see who can shoot targets better, and the nameless man is better. Frustrated, the Nobleman's son challenged him to a fight to the death. The son fired an arrow but missed, and the man shot the son right through the heart. The man killed him, and he soon fled. He escaped the authorities by heading south into the untamed mountain region, where he hid out and honed his skills.

Crossing the Diocese of Sheria, he soon entered the Western part of the continent. He would later travel from Saresland to Brasbover and finally Savenoria, never staying in one place for too long. He would travel to make money. He hunted criminals and animals. He gained an infamous reputation as a deadly archer, able to fight from horseback. He hunted wolves and bears attacking livestock, and brought in criminals wanted for murder and other crimes. He usually brought them in dead rather than alive.
Equipment:
  • A composite bow kept in a leather sheath, held on his back, right next to his quiver. He made it himself.
  • A fancy knife in a sheath, with a handle made of Dragon-horn. The only possession he inherited from his dad, the grandson of a Dragon Hunter.
  • A horse named Hisan, his loyal steed from Sheria.

He isn't originally in the Dragon Hunters' Guild, but joins in the IC because he wants to try his hand at hunting dragons, which is far more profitable. Maybe he meets the gang in a tavern in Savenoria?
Last edited by Ard al Islam on Thu May 28, 2020 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu May 28, 2020 5:25 am

Ard al Islam wrote:
Revlona wrote:

1. I explained the no name thing in a telegram, but I'll post it again here just to be sure.
"Simply put, no one knows my character's name. Obviously his parents gave him a name, but he doesn't tell anyone what it is. So no one knows his name, and everyone just invents their own monikers for him."

I choose not to give the character an identity to add to his mystery. Feel free to refer to him in an OOC context as the "Nameless Archer," the "Anonymous Archer," or "The Archer Without a Name(preferably the last one)." IC-wise, let every character call him whatever nickname they feel fits.

2. Well, for about 8 years, he was tormented by older ranch-hands. Suppose he's bullies for 8 years. Now say some big thing sends him over the top, and he snaps. The bully isn't right in the head, so he challenges the kid to a fight. The kid, mad with rage, accepts and kills the bully. Perhaps the bully is the son of the Nobleman in charge of the ranch? That would cause a bigger reason for the manhunt, anyways.

3. Another thing about the character, his main trait is skill with a bow. While not common, shooting a bow very fast is possible. Think about it; when you bring your hand back and release the arrow, your hand is right next to another arrow in your quiver, allowing you to grab another arrow, fire it, and in the same fluid motion, grab another and fire again. Plus, he had his bow out while the 2 did not, so he could kill one guy and then draw another arrow in the same motion while the second guy was still trying to get his bow into an operable position. I decided to negate his impeccable bow skill by making him unable to do magic, so he's not too OP.

Updated Application:
Character Name: No one knows his name. Obviously his parents gave him a name, but he doesn't tell anyone what it is. So no one knows his name, and everyone just invents their own monikers for him.

Wearing these clothes

• A muscular build
  • A wool cap
  • Shoes

Weaknesses: Not a social person, has a questionable moral character(not above being the "bad guy"), seemingly values money over everything.
Personality: The textbook anti-hero. He is a man whose morals are ambiguous. He won't hesitate to play dirty if it benefits him but will play the hero and help others if he sees it as fit. Usually cares only about himself, but will help others according to his own code of justice. He is an outsider in society, passing through like the wind.
Biography: This man was born in the Alnebyan Empire. His parents died when he was only 7, so he was forced to move and find work. He joined the farm of a greedy Nobleman and worked hard there. During his time as a farmhand, he was relentlessly bullied by other farmhands, especially the Nobleman's son. One day, when he was 15, the Nobleman's son goes too far and insults his parents. Angered, the man challenges him to an archery competition. They see who can shoot targets better, and the nameless man is better. Frustrated, the Nobleman's son challenged him to a fight to the death. The son fired an arrow but missed, and the man shot the son right through the heart. The man killed him, and he soon fled. He escaped the authorities by heading south into the untamed mountain region, where he hid out and honed his skills.

Crossing the Diocese of Sheria, he soon entered the Western part of the continent. He would later travel from Saresland to Brasbover and finally Savenoria, never staying in one place for too long. He would travel to make money. He hunted criminals and animals. He gained an infamous reputation as a deadly archer, able to fight from horseback. He hunted wolves and bears attacking livestock, and brought in criminals wanted for murder and other crimes. He usually brought them in dead rather than alive.
Equipment:
  • A composite bow kept in a leather sheath, held on his back, right next to his quiver. He made it himself.
  • A fancy knife in a sheath, with a handle made of Dragon-horn. The only possession he inherited from his dad, the grandson of a Dragon Hunter.

He isn't originally in the Dragon Hunters' Guild, but joins in the IC because he wants to try his hand at hunting dragons, which is far more profitable. Maybe he meets the gang in a tavern in Savenoria?

1. Fine

2. Still feels a wee bit shallow but I can deal with it

3. Have you ever shot a bow with a quiver on your back? I have, loosing an arrow, pulling one free of the the quiver, notching the arrow and loosing it. That is the best case scenario for what occurs, more than likely you reach your hand back and miss the arrows cause you’re not looking at them, or you grab more than one, or you snag the arrow as you are pulling it out. Back waivers are mostly a fantasy in combat, real archers either directly had their arrows in their belt or had a quiver at their hip.

And my main problem which you didn’t address was your phrasing, you very rarely will “outdraw” two people like a Wild West gunfight. Plus the fact that arrows don’t work like in movies, one isn’t always certain to kill with the first arrow and just being hit with an arrow won’t always send a man flying to the ground in impact.
Lover of doggos

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Thu May 28, 2020 10:02 am

Revlona wrote:
1. Fine

2. Still feels a wee bit shallow but I can deal with it

3. snip

Take 3:

Wearing these clothes

• A muscular build
  • A wool cap
  • Shoes

After a while hanging out there, he had practiced and become proficient with the use of a bow and other weapons. So good, in fact, that when he was found by 2 bounty hunters, he was able to kill them both with his slingshot before they could do anything. After that, he decided he would move south and live the life of a bounty hunter, killing for money.

Equipment:
  • A composite bow kept in a leather sheath, held on his back, right next to his quiver. He made it himself. This is his primary weapon.
  • A wooden slingshot, which he also made himself. This is his secondary weapon, kept in his belt. He uses it when he needs to be faster than the bow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse