NATION

PASSWORD

An Age of Dragons and Dragon Hunters: OOC/Character/Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 pm

Before I write up an application, how intelligent are dragons? The opening post mentions the mysteries and intricacies of dragon societies, but they are almost always referred to as beasts in the same post. Also, are there cases of dragons willing to employ the service of humanoids for their own gain? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Ovesa on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Ovesa wrote:Before I write up an application, how intelligent are dragons? The opening post mentions the mysteries and intricacies of dragon societies, but they are almost always referred to as beasts in the same post. Also, are there cases of dragons willing to employ the service of humanoids for their own gain? Thanks in advance.

Dragons and the Other races hold a distinct hatred for one another. The dragons might just be as intelligent as Humanoids but if they are they have never shown it to Humanoids. Dragons see humanoids as pests and humanoids see them as beasts
Lover of doggos

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ovesa wrote:Before I write up an application, how intelligent are dragons? The opening post mentions the mysteries and intricacies of dragon societies, but they are almost always referred to as beasts in the same post. Also, are there cases of dragons willing to employ the service of humanoids for their own gain? Thanks in advance.

Dragons and the Other races hold a distinct hatred for one another. The dragons might just be as intelligent as Humanoids but if they are they have never shown it to Humanoids. Dragons see humanoids as pests and humanoids see them as beasts

Gotcha, thanks :)

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm

NS Name: Ovesa
Character Name: Uroga
Race: Orc
Sex: Female
Appearance: Tall and broad shouldered. Long, black hair, pulled back into a messy braid. Teal-grey skin with white freckles. Vibrant yellow eyes. Smaller than average tusks. Wears long, dark blue robes with lighter blue flames and runes embroidered on them. Her amulet is a vibrant, faceted red gem, set into gold. Draconic runes are carved into the gold.
Strengths: Skilled practitioner of magic, knowledgeable about dragons and their culture/weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Extremely limited knowledge of the outside world. Not good with most material weapons. Can be curt and evasive.
Personality: Observant, and reserved, Uroga is more keen to listen than to speak. However, she isn't meek; she can lead when needed, and she will speak her mind when there's more than just herself on the line. Typically only performs tasks if they somehow benefit herself or her Mother.
Biography: Before she became a powerful mage, Uroga was living on the streets of Savenoria. Sweeping inns, selling flowers, and harvesting crops, the young girl did everything she could to survive.

One day, she found herself travelling with a kind band of merchants, who were making their way through the mountains to Saresland. However, on the way there, the caravan was attacked by a ravenous pack of wolves. Scared and alone, Uroga ran as fast and as far as she could through the mountainous forest. Eventually, she found an entrance to a large cave, filled with stalagmites and piles upon piles of gold and other treasures.

This was the residence of Hyrgalth the Wise; a Hornnose dragon with a massive, jagged, horn and wings black as night. If this had been any other moment, with any other person, Hyrgalth would have killed them instantly. But right then, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Perhaps she could sense that this young girl had great untapped magical potential, or maybe it was because Hyrgalth had recently lost a clutch of eggs and she desperately needed to fill that gaping hole in her heart. Whatever her reason, she adopted Uroga and taught her the ways of draconic language, culture, and magic.

Now fully grown, Uroga has become much stronger than Hyrgalth could have ever hoped for. With an increase in attacks on humanoid settlements led by power-hungry dragons, Hyrgalth sent her beloved Daughter to join the Hunters Guild. It was the perfect opportunity for her to eliminate some long standing rivals, as well as a chance for Uroga to experience the outside world.
Equipment:
  • Satchel
  • Spellbook
  • Quill with 3 ink pots
  • Draconic amulet
Magic-User: Yes
Mana: Semi-powerful
Last edited by Ovesa on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Ovesa wrote:NS Name: Ovesa
Appearance: Tall and broad shouldered. Long, black hair, pulled back into a messy braid. Teal-grey skin with white freckles. Vibrant yellow eyes. Smaller than average tusks. Wears long, dark blue robes with lighter blue flames and runes embroidered on them. Her amulet is a vibrant, faceted red gem, set into gold. Draconic runes are carved into the gold.
Strengths: Skilled practitioner of magic, knowledgeable about dragons and their culture/weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Extremely limited knowledge of the outside world. Not good with most material weapons.
Personality: Scholarly, observant, and reserved, Uroga is more keen to listen than to speak. However, she isn't meek; she can lead when needed, and she will speak her mind when there's more than just herself on the line.
Biography: Before she became a powerful mage, Uroga was living on the streets of Savenoria. Sweeping inns, selling flowers, and harvesting crops, the young girl did everything she could to survive.

One day, she found herself travelling with a kind band of merchants, who were making their way through the mountains to Saresland. However, on the way there, the caravan was attacked by a ravenous pack of wolves. Scared and alone, Uroga ran as fast and as far as she could through the mountainous forest. Eventually, she found an entrance to a large cave, filled with stalagmites and piles upon piles of gold and other treasures.

This was the residence of Hyrgalth the Wise; a Hornnose dragon with a massive, jagged, horn and wings black as night. If this had been any other moment, with any other person, Hyrgalth would have killed them instantly. But right then, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Perhaps she could sense that this young girl had great untapped magical potential, or maybe it was because Hyrgalth had recently lost a clutch of eggs and she desperately needed to fill that gaping hole in her heart. Whatever her reason, she adopted Uroga and taught her the ways of draconic language, culture, and magic.

Now fully grown, Uroga has become much stronger than Hyrgalth could have ever hoped for. With an increase in attacks on humanoid settlements led by power-hungry dragons, Hyrgalth sent her beloved daughter to join the Hunters Guild. It was the perfect opportunity for her to eliminate some long standing rivals, as well as a chance for Uroga to experience the outside world.
Equipment:
  • Satchel
  • Spellbook
  • Quill with 3 ink pots
  • Draconic amulet

I think we already have our two magic users. But we'll see.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Ok, I understand :)

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:29 pm

If you want, I can rewrite my character into a non-spellcaster if it means having a more balanced group for RPing.
Last edited by Ovesa on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:39 am

Ovesa wrote:If you want, I can rewrite my character into a non-spellcaster if it means having a more balanced group for RPing.

Im not the OP or CO-OP, so hold on until Revlona comes back on

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:50 am

Ovesa wrote:NS Name: Ovesa
Weaknesses: Extremely limited knowledge of the outside world. Not good with most material weapons. Can be curt and evasive.
Personality: Observant, and reserved, Uroga is more keen to listen than to speak. However, she isn't meek; she can lead when needed, and she will speak her mind when there's more than just herself on the line. Typically only performs tasks if they somehow benefit herself or her Mother.

Now fully grown, Uroga has become much stronger than Hyrgalth could have ever hoped for. With an increase in attacks on humanoid settlements led by power-hungry dragons, Hyrgalth sent her beloved Daughter to join the Hunters Guild. It was the perfect opportunity for her to eliminate some long standing rivals, as well as a chance for Uroga to experience the outside world.
Equipment:
  • Satchel
  • Spellbook
  • Quill with 3 ink pots
  • Draconic amulet

We do indeed have our two spellcasters already

I just haven't gotten around to updating the OP yet
Lover of doggos

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 am

Here's an updated, non-spellcaster version of my character.

Appearance: Tall and broad shouldered. Long, black hair, pulled back into a messy braid. Teal-grey skin with white freckles. Vibrant yellow eyes. Smaller than average tusks. Wears studded dark leather armor, gloves and boots. Her amulet is a vibrant, faceted red gem, set into gold. Draconic runes are carved into the gold.
Strengths: A fierce combatant skilled with swordsmanship, knowledgeable about dragons and their culture/weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Knows little about the outside world, aside from what her Mother taught her. Curt and evasive. Typically only performs tasks if they may somehow benefit her or her Mother.
Personality: Observant, and reserved, Uroga is more keen to listen than to speak. However, she isn't meek; she can lead when needed, and she will speak her mind when there's more than just herself on the line.

This was the residence of Hyrgalth the Wise; a Hornnose dragon with a massive, jagged, horn and wings black as night. If this had been any other moment, with any other person, Hyrgalth would have killed them instantly. But right then, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Perhaps she could sense that this young girl was a font of untapped potential, destined to shape the world. Or maybe it was because Hyrgalth had recently lost a clutch of eggs, and she desperately needed to fill that gaping hole in her heart. Whatever her reason, she adopted Uroga and taught her the ways of draconic language, culture, and (to a limited extent) magic.

Now fully grown, Uroga has become much stronger than Hyrgalth could have ever hoped for. With an increase in attacks on humanoid settlements led by power-hungry rival dragons, Hyrgalth sent her beloved daughter to join the Hunters Guild. It was the perfect opportunity for her to eliminate some long standing rivals, as well as a chance for Uroga to experience the outside world.
Equipment:
  • Satchel
  • Steel shortsword
  • Journal
  • Quill and 3 ink pots
  • Draconic amulet
Magic-User: No
Mana: N/A

If there are any further edits I need to make, feel free to let me know.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:23 pm

I hope this isn't obnoxious, but I'm really excited to be a part of this RP. Am I accepted?
Last edited by Ovesa on Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:34 am

Ovesa wrote:I hope this isn't obnoxious, but I'm really excited to be a part of this RP. Am I accepted?
Ovesa wrote:Here's an updated, non-spellcaster version of my character.

Appearance: Tall and broad shouldered. Long, black hair, pulled back into a messy braid. Teal-grey skin with white freckles. Vibrant yellow eyes. Smaller than average tusks. Wears studded dark leather armor, gloves and boots. Her amulet is a vibrant, faceted red gem, set into gold. Draconic runes are carved into the gold.
Strengths: A fierce combatant skilled with swordsmanship, knowledgeable about dragons and their culture/weaknesses.
Weaknesses: Knows little about the outside world, aside from what her Mother taught her. Curt and evasive. Typically only performs tasks if they may somehow benefit her or her Mother.
Personality: Observant, and reserved, Uroga is more keen to listen than to speak. However, she isn't meek; she can lead when needed, and she will speak her mind when there's more than just herself on the line.

This was the residence of Hyrgalth the Wise; a Hornnose dragon with a massive, jagged, horn and wings black as night. If this had been any other moment, with any other person, Hyrgalth would have killed them instantly. But right then, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Perhaps she could sense that this young girl was a font of untapped potential, destined to shape the world. Or maybe it was because Hyrgalth had recently lost a clutch of eggs, and she desperately needed to fill that gaping hole in her heart. Whatever her reason, she adopted Uroga and taught her the ways of draconic language, culture, and (to a limited extent) magic.

Now fully grown, Uroga has become much stronger than Hyrgalth could have ever hoped for. With an increase in attacks on humanoid settlements led by power-hungry rival dragons, Hyrgalth sent her beloved daughter to join the Hunters Guild. It was the perfect opportunity for her to eliminate some long standing rivals, as well as a chance for Uroga to experience the outside world.
Equipment:
  • Satchel
  • Steel shortsword
  • Journal
  • Quill and 3 ink pots
  • Draconic amulet
Magic-User: No
Mana: N/A

If there are any further edits I need to make, feel free to let me know.

Indeed, Accepted
Lover of doggos

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:44 am

Yay! I'll post soon :)

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:53 am

Btw, Hyrgalth will have the be a massive exception

I'm willing for their to be outliers in the dragon and humanoid societies but in this kind of world with the kind of hatred between the races, they have to be just what they are, outliers.
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Anyone else planning on posting before I post myself?
Lover of doggos

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Revlona wrote:Anyone else planning on posting before I post myself?

Ive already posted and am ready to kill some shit.

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Is your next post gonna be a briefing in a hall or be in the middle of the journey?

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Was reading through the OOC, and only now have I noticed how many characters are orphans. Well, at least we have something in common :meh:

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:31 pm

Ovesa wrote:Was reading through the OOC, and only now have I noticed how many characters are orphans. Well, at least we have something in common :meh:

Yeah

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:

Is your next post gonna be a briefing in a hall or be in the middle of the journey?

:)
Lover of doggos

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:59 pm

If you don't mind me asking, when can we expect an updated character roster?

Offer Erapia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Offer Erapia » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:30 pm

NS Name: Erapia
Character Name: Alistair Narnbrook
Race (Available are: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Half-Orcs): Human
Sex: Male
Appearance: Alistair is a large broad-shouldered man with jet black hair and light green eyes. His tan skin is adorned with scars from his labor intensive youth. A large burn mark covered the right side of his face enveloping his ear, cheek and portion of his forehead. When not in his armor Alistair usually wears regular pants and shirt with black shoes
Strengths: Sizable, strong and good with a sword Alistair has a few adequate qualities said qualities include, knowledge of basic medicine, botanist, intelligence, strong reader and writer as well as decent tactician
Weaknesses: Has an extreme fear of fire and is socially awkward with others
Personality: although intimidatingly big as he is Alistair is a gentle giant. He is socially awkward but does his best to help others he is a guarded person emotionally keeping others away. Though the ones to befriend Alistair will find that under the hardened heart lies a quick witted and humorous man whos uplifting aura will put a smile on anyone's face.
Biography (At least two paragraphs): born in the kingdom of Alnebyan Alistair is a distant relative of a rich noble family. While not poor they were by no means rich. In his early years Alistair was shunned for being a bastard child born out of wedlock. This coupled with the constant abuse by his father groomed the child into being socially awkward. But the worst would come to be when the father, in a drunken rage, beat the child and his brother and in the fit of anger pressed the boys face into the fire badly scarring him. As if to ad insult to injury the mother who protected to man told the townfolk that Alistairs bedding had caught fire during the night. The permanent reminder caused Alistair to drift further away from his family.

Determined not to he broken by the incident the boy left home when he became of age. He struck out on his own leaving his village where he would find work on farms and odd jobs to get by. As years passed the teenager would grow into a gentle giant using his strength to help others. Life was going good for the young man but unbeknownst to him an opportunity would rise. As a young boy Alistair heard legends of dragons and thier slayers he heard about untamed fame and riches. So when the hunters guild was reorganized to deal with the pressing concern of dragon attacks Alistair quickly joined. With the money he saved from his years as a farmhand he bought himself a set of armor, a shield and a sword. With all his needs met Alistair set out on his dream of claiming fame and glory.
Equipment: kite shield with a hand and a half broadsword he comes adorned with chainmail covered by plate amor. Besides the basic weapons Alistair tends to keep a few throwing knifes and a dagger in case of emergencies.
Magic User: no
Mana (Only if magic user.): Weak/Average/Semi Strong/Strong/ Semi-Powerful/Powerful

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:28 pm

Offer Erapia wrote:NS Name: Erapia
Character Name: Alistair Narnbrook
Race (Available are: Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Half-Orcs): Human
Sex: Male
Appearance: Alistair is a large broad-shouldered man with jet black hair and light green eyes. His tan skin is adorned with scars from his labor intensive youth. A large burn mark covered the right side of his face enveloping his ear, cheek and portion of his forehead. When not in his armor Alistair usually wears regular pants and shirt with black shoes
Strengths: Sizable, strong and good with a sword Alistair has a few adequate qualities said qualities include, knowledge of basic medicine, botanist, intelligence, strong reader and writer as well as decent tactician
Weaknesses: Has an extreme fear of fire and is socially awkward with others
Personality: although intimidatingly big as he is Alistair is a gentle giant. He is socially awkward but does his best to help others he is a guarded person emotionally keeping others away. Though the ones to befriend Alistair will find that under the hardened heart lies a quick witted and humorous man whos uplifting aura will put a smile on anyone's face.
Biography (At least two paragraphs): born in the kingdom of Alnebyan Alistair is a distant relative of a rich noble family. While not poor they were by no means rich. In his early years Alistair was shunned for being a bastard child born out of wedlock. This coupled with the constant abuse by his father groomed the child into being socially awkward. But the worst would come to be when the father, in a drunken rage, beat the child and his brother and in the fit of anger pressed the boys face into the fire badly scarring him. As if to ad insult to injury the mother who protected to man told the townfolk that Alistairs bedding had caught fire during the night. The permanent reminder caused Alistair to drift further away from his family.

Determined not to he broken by the incident the boy left home when he became of age. He struck out on his own leaving his village where he would find work on farms and odd jobs to get by. As years passed the teenager would grow into a gentle giant using his strength to help others. Life was going good for the young man but unbeknownst to him an opportunity would rise. As a young boy Alistair heard legends of dragons and thier slayers he heard about untamed fame and riches. So when the hunters guild was reorganized to deal with the pressing concern of dragon attacks Alistair quickly joined. With the money he saved from his years as a farmhand he bought himself a set of armor, a shield and a sword. With all his needs met Alistair set out on his dream of claiming fame and glory.
Equipment: kite shield with a hand and a half broadsword he comes adorned with chainmail covered by plate amor. Besides the basic weapons Alistair tends to keep a few throwing knifes and a dagger in case of emergencies.
Magic User: no
Mana (Only if magic user.): Weak/Average/Semi Strong/Strong/ Semi-Powerful/Powerful

I like the reference to the Hound from Game of Thrones

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:Is your next post gonna be a briefing in a hall or be in the middle of the journey?

:)

It doesn't make sense to skip ahead, considering everyone but Ovesa either didn't post or their characters are still on the way to meet up.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:It doesn't make sense to skip ahead, considering everyone but Ovesa either didn't post or their characters are still on the way to meet up.

I agree. Revlona, do you want to start the meeting IC? Should the characters interact a bit first? Or did you have something else in mind?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse