NATION

PASSWORD

LOTF Special Events Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:14 pm

DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"I partly agree with Senator Murphy here, we need to focus on building up affordable housing for America's future generations. So I wholeheartedly support proposals that will seek to invest in blighted communities to build safer and better housing with subsidies and statues that will make sure that the communities that are uplifted are not driven away because of runaway costs. Likewise, I intend to implement real laws on the books that make these new homes for our future families and future children are actually built for their type of future, meaning enforcing environmental guidelines and ensuring even during construction, waste and carbon pollution is effectively eliminated. And ensuring that any new housing project is investing in and contracting with local construction companies, not handing out checks to big name, Wall Street owned companies."

"But look, and there's one thing here that Levi forgot to address. That people who can't afford housing isn't the rich. It's the working class, it's our African-American and Hispanic-American communities. It's our tribal communities and rural towns. So first and foremost, we need to immediately fight gentrification and suburban sprawl. Communities like Harlem in America's cities, communities that are being invaded by corporate investors and Wall Street developers, they need to be armed with the tools to actually fight back including laws that seek to defend and protect their neighborhoods. Just like rural communities are forced to compete with encroaching suburbs that raise costs of living. Simply put, let's focus on helping the hard working farmer, the working-class family, the young black and Hispanic mother stay in their home, build wealth, and not have to worry about keeping a damn roof over their head!"

Once the moderator asked his second question, Spellman responded.

"Here's why California is expensive. It's a growing state, not just because people are moving to the state from right here in America but from other countries. Not to mention new housing development is lagging behind in the state all the while many of the rich foreign investors and Wall Street bankers are buying up affordable housing and invading communities that used to be affordable. So for me, the solution is clear. We need to focus on a long term solution like defending communities from these elitist one percenters and build more affordable housing."

"But right now, something we can do today, and something so many Americans are calling for despite politicians not listening, is the official announcement of a housing emergency in our nation's cities and rural communities and implementing immediate rent control and mortgage relief. So not only no family, no veteran, and no child in America becomes homeless but to effectively guarantee housing for every family, every veteran, and every child currently homeless in this country. Let's remember that American poverty is a political issue, and it's one I intend to solve. It's time to make the threat and reality of homelessness an issue of the past."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE 3: QUESTION 4CModerator 1: Senator Dayton, in 2015 the (not Obama) administration put into place rules and regulations that were intended to curb patterns of de facto racial segregation in housing. What measures if any would you take to increase diversity in communities?

"I'm really glad we're asking this question, home ownership rates among Black & Latino individuals is falling far below that of white individuals, we're allowing a generation to graduate with worse job prospects, worse wages, and a mountain of debt. It's meant that young Americans can't get into the housing market, and that older hardworking Americans are struggling to make ends meet with exorbitant housing costs. This issue will be addressed through a four-point plan, a plan we implement right after restoring every Baharia EO made on housing, then we can move onto first making housing accessible, that means ending redlining and other discriminatory practices. Second, we offer stability, in Virginia a by-product of affordable college education has meant that the graduating generation of Virginian college kids is finding less debt, more money in their pocket and better wages leading to a more stable housing situation. Third, we make homes safe, healthy and efficient. That means access to affordable proximal healthcare with good energy efficiency and reduced gun violence. Finally, we address the affordability problem, we do this by driving wages up so you've got more money in your pocket and coupling that with full-funding for Section 8 Vouchers, and a permanent first-home-buyer tax credit built off the Recovery Act," Jillian kept her answer to the point, "three in four recipients of Section 8 Vouchers do not get their housing assistance because the program is severely underfunded. I've already begun addressing this crisis, as Governor I began an affordable education program and a public transport expansion plan which have together made housing much more in reach of every American, not just a lucky few."
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:30 am

DEMOCRATIC DEBATE QUESTION 5

Moderator 1: What will you do to reform policing and criminal justice practices in the United States?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 pm

DEMOCRATIC DEBATE 3: QUESTION 5A

Moderator 2: Governor Velez, the incarceration rate in Florida is 833 people per 100,000 residents, compared to the national average of 698 per 100,000. Why is the incarceration rate so high in Florida and would you support pardon’s for large segments of that population?
Last edited by Dentali on Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 pm

DEMOCRATIC DEBATE 3: QUESTION 5B

Moderator 1: Senator Murphy, data collected between 2009 and May of this year shows that in the city of Minneapolis African Americans make up 20% of the city’s population but more than 60% of those shot by police. Do you feel this disparity is based primarily on race or other factors?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:32 pm

DEMOCRATIC DEBATE 3: QUESTION 5C

C. Moderator 2: Dr Spellman, when you combine federal and state inmates 77% of those released are rearrested within 5 years, and those who were convicted of crimes involving guns are 68% more likely to be arrested again mostly for violent crimes. Should we toughen sentences on violent offenders?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:11 am

DEMOCRATIC DEBATE QUESTION 6

Moderator 2: Do you believe you are the person on the stage with the highest chance of winning in 2020? Why or why not?

A. Moderator 1: Senator Dayton, in the past 15 years Virginia has gone from a light red state, to a purple state, and now a light blue state. How did this happen and what lessons can be learned in other states where the Democratic party is looking to gain ground?

B. Moderator 2: Governor Velez, you are the only person on the stage to come from a state that Wolf won in 2016. Why was (Not Clinton) unable to win Florida in 2016 and how will you avoid losing it in 2020?

C. Moderator 1: Senator Murphy, many believe that Minnesota has been slowly turning from blue to purple if not light red. Do you agree with this assessment and how can the Democratic Party hold onto the Midwest?

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:39 pm

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE QUESTION 5

Moderator 1: What will you do to reform policing and criminal justice practices in the United States?

Jillian spoke, "I'm glad we're touching on this topic, let's start with revisiting qualified immunity, banning chokeholds and barring the use of no-knock warrants. That's were we start, but we need to be doing more to instill trust in police officers and make local servants of a community, exactly that. If I am elected President, grants to local police departments will be contingent on the implementation of mandatory de-escalation, mental health first aid and community cultural awareness programs. We're also going redirect the intentions of prison to be geared at making released prisoners able to mesh back into society, get a job and an education, prison is not simply punishment for a crime, it is also rehabilitation and an opportunity to give someone a second chance on the way out."

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE QUESTION 6

Moderator 2: Do you believe you are the person on the stage with the highest chance of winning in 2020? Why or why not?

A. Moderator 1: Senator Dayton, in the past 15 years Virginia has gone from a light red state, to a purple state, and now a light blue state. How did this happen and what lessons can be learned in other states where the Democratic party is looking to gain ground?

Dayton paused, "for starters, every state is competitive, Virginia is an example of what happens when we talk to people instead of Wall Street, when we prioritize the issues confronting ordinary Americans over revolutionary antics and pie-in-the-sky idealism, we bring voters into the fold. I intend to replicate this strategy of bringing Americans into the conversation and reflecting their beliefs in DC, the same way I did in Richmond when I delivered health, education and infrastructural reform in every aspect of the state. When we deliver, we gain ground."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:59 am

MARTIN SPELLMAN

"I disagree with Senator Jillian here. Look, frankly we need to stop throwing away money to local police departments that have time and time again disrespected communities of color and threatened the safety of young and old Americans of color. Across the country, there are certain police precincts and departments that have a record of repeated offenses that cannot be rectified solely by telling them to focus on de-escalation. These trainings already happen. But we cannot simply hope to wipe away a history of racist policing rooted in slave catching and enforced segregation with a four hour weekend training on cultural awareness. These are the same meaningless words that provided no change when Americans continued to be hurt and killed. And frankly, black lives matter enough for us to do something more than just another damn workshop."

"So as I've said, we need to immediately stop additional grants to police departments across the United States that have continuously failed to fix their problems. Because I think we can all agree that if they didn't improve with the last multi-million dollar grant, it won't happen with another multi-million dollar grant. Simple as that. And instead, we need to focus on funding programs in communities led by these communities, like summer programs for children, like job trainings for mothers and fathers, like hiring more social workers, like actually investing in these communities working with people of color, working with these families and advocates, not with police. And furthermore, we need to end qualified immunity and private prisons, because both of these systems do nothing but protect systems of oppression that cannot continue to continue."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:07 am

DEMOCRATIC DEBATE CLOSING

Moderator 2: All candidates will now have 90 seconds to make a closing statement

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:09 am

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE 3: QUESTION 5C

C. Moderator 2: Dr Spellman, when you combine federal and state inmates 77% of those released are rearrested within 5 years, and those who were convicted of crimes involving guns are 68% more likely to be arrested again mostly for violent crimes. Should we toughen sentences on violent offenders?

MARTIN SPELLMAN

"This issue is far more complex than you make it out to be. Look, for example, these inmates will forever struggle to get a job or an education, even if they are truly investing in achieving one. So one thing we can do, and one thing that already states and communities are implementing across the country are training programs, education programs, for inmates right in prison. Because giving them an actual skill, giving them something valuable, that alone can help give them an out when they reenter society. But more broadly, we need to consider how we make former inmates and felons part of society again after they have spent so much time away. And it starts by not dehumanizing them in prison, which is all too often the case in private prisons hence why we need to abolish a for-profit company who wants criminals to reoffend or else where do they get their money?"

"And next, we need to take a serious look at the ban-the-box movement, to see which places, which jobs, from construction to master's programs, we can begin to safely and in good faith remove this simple question that limits what former inmates can accomplish. And lastly, how else do we make felons true members of society than by restoring the right to vote to them, of course with respect to their crimes and sentences. But this issue really begins to be addressed when we focus on how so many of these felons entered the prison system. And this begins by ending the school-to-prison pipeline by making sure all schools have a nurse and a counselor, by decriminalizing marijuana and ending the War on Drugs, and by formally divesting from the systems of policing that have incarcerated mostly black men and women. That's how we progressively address criminal justice."

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE QUESTION 5

Democratic Debate

"I'm glad you asked this question. There is a great many things we can do, immediately, to bring justice to those harmed by our own justice system. First of all, we need to legalize and regulate marijuana. We need to expunge the records of everyone who has been arrested for his possession or use. We need to move towards community policing and cut the bloated budgets of many of the largest police departments in the country and put it towards front line services and outreach. Next of all, we need to ban private prisons and bring them into public ownership. We need to outlaw 'Broken Windows' policing and all of its practices. Instead, we need to invest in education, healthcare and housing, not building bigger and new prisons to pack in our growing criminal population. That is only the tip of the iceberg of what we need to do in terms of criminal justice reform and I am more than willing, as President, to sit down with these communities to learn more and let them tell me what they need. I will meet with the Black Lives Matter activists, I will meet with the community leaders. I want to be the President of the people, not of Wall Street.

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE 3: QUESTION 5B
Moderator 1: Senator Murphy, data collected between 2009 and May of this year shows that in the city of Minneapolis African Americans make up 20% of the city’s population but more than 60% of those shot by police. Do you feel this disparity is based primarily on race or other factors?

"Yes, I think race has a lot to do with it. I'd also add in that class and socio-economic status has a lot to do with it as well. I've been to Minneapolis more times than I could count, these people helped elected me, they are always calling out for help. I have tried my best through my time in the Senate. But both the Democrats or the Republicans will not give my bills the light of day. So, I have constituents in Minneapolis calling out for a $15 dollar minimum wage, if not more, but I have the leadership in both chambers refusing to give the Living Wage Act a chance. I'd like to make this clear: Karel Volek, Caroline Simone, the Living Wage Act is not a matter of politics. It is a matter of principle. Let's end this stalling game on the Living Wage Act. The ramifications of increasing the minimum wage, federally, would have widespread impacts - we'll start to see crime go down, we'll start to see the economic rise as spending increases - I'm not saying that raising the minimum wage wil fix all problems. It won't on its own. But it's a fundamental step towards racial and economic justice for our Black Americans, but also our Hispanic workers and our White workers all around this country."

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE QUESTION 6

C. Moderator 1: Senator Murphy, many believe that Minnesota has been slowly turning from blue to purple if not light red. Do you agree with this assessment and how can the Democratic Party hold onto the Midwest?

"Let's forget this idea of blue and red for just one moment, can we? Behind this fake notion of Blue versus Red, there is real people, real problems and if you are a real, honest, politician (which is hard to come by) they will vote for you whether you have a D or an R next to your name. We forget that half of voters don't even vote, and even among the voting population, the largest party is the party of independents and the un-affiliated! So, let's get this idea of Blue versus Red out of our minds. Minnesota is not getting more conservative. Heck, they elected me. What Minnesota cares about, and many states right around the nation and in the Rust Belt, is how you're going to economically improve their lives. Wolf talked a big game about bringing jobs back. He lied. We've have a net loss of manufacturing jobs in this country. Wages? Stagnant. Wolf has instituted his own NAFTA. Instead, what I am going to tell the working people is that we can really bring the jobs back, we can really raise wages in a fundamental way. We can restore manufacturing in America. That is my message, and it wins."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:38 pm

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE CLOSING

Moderator 2: All candidates will now have 90 seconds to make a closing statement

"Tonight you've heard from multiple candidates, you've heard from two men who provided varying shades of edgy pie-in-the-sky thinking, and the perspectives of four candidates each seeking your vote, our party's nominee must not only be capable of a win in November of next year, but they must be able to govern, to deliver and to meet the bar they set for themselves. I've laid out my vision for a fairer America, I've laid out how we get there, and I've laid how we can deliver on our goals even with a Republican Congress. I've pushed the most progressive education platform, when I was Governor, I have more executive experience than two the candidates on this stage combined, and I'm one of the four Democrats who's landed a bill on this President's desk, if we want effective, pragmatic, serious governance then now is the time," she concluded her statement with a bright smile.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:31 pm

Dentali wrote:DEMOCRATIC DEBATE CLOSING

Democratic Debate

"I wasn't expecting to be attacked by the Senator of Virginia in the last 90 seconds of her speech, but make of that what you will. The time for change is now. 'Pie-in-the-sky' is what the Republicans told us in 2008 to Baharia, what they told us in 2012 to Baharia again. Somehow it's too 'radical' to stand for your progressive principles and demand more from your government. I do, I always am. We cannot settle for a candidate who accepts corporate PAC money - we cannot settle for the lesser of two evils again. 2020 is when we stand up and fight for Medicare for All, a Green New Deal and tuition free college. If you're sick of waiting, then you will be at home in our movement to win the White House."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Texas Senate GOP Primary Debate
Rice University

-Do not RP audience reactions or assume the identity of audience members
-Keep responses to 60-90 seconds in length, bearing in mind that the average person speaks about 150 words per minute and any faster would be unreasonable in a debate setting
-The debate moderators (Dentali) will ask a general question to the candidates roughly every 24 hours
-Do not edit posts, even for grammatical, spelling, or formatting mistakes- this is live television

Moderator 1: Good Evening and welcome to the First debate in the GOP Primary for the open Texas Senate Seat, we are hosted today by Rice University. I will be moderating tonight’s debate. The rules are as follows: We will be posing 6 general questions to the field, Each candidate will be given 60 seconds to respond and then they may have free discussion on the topic. And then each candidate will give a 90 second closing statement. Outside notes and materials are not allowed though the candidates have been provided with a notepad which allows them to make notes while at the podium.

Moderator 1: Now with that lets welcome our candidates, please give them all a round of applause then save the rest for the end so that we may have as much time with the candidates as possible….

QUESTION 1: As Senator what measures would you take to fight gun violence in America while respecting the second amendment?

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Texas Senate Republican Debate
Crawford Clay

Clay entered the stage with the same bravado he had mustered for his rallies, beaming and waving at the crowd as he settled behind his designated podium.
Dentali wrote:QUESTION 1: As Senator what measures would you take to fight gun violence in America while respecting the second amendment?
"Howdy, Texas! First I'd like to thank Rice University, [News Outlet], and the people of Texas for hosting this debate. In my time serving as District Attorney and as Judge for Denton County, I've confronted hundreds of cases involving gun violence. And I can safely say that it's not guns that kill people. People kill people! This is backed up by empirical evidence; gun control will not decrease violent crime. The vast majority of gun crime is not mass shootings, it's suicides and incidents with illegally owned handguns. So as Senator, I will not give in to any Democrat legislation that comes close to our guns. Instead, I want to pass laws that would strengthen the security of schools so that parents no longer have to live in fear of a repeat of Santa Fe. Metal detectors, a single, secure point of entry, and teachers trained and equipped to defend their students are all steps I would take to defend our kids. Furthermore, I want to get to the heart of this issue. Instead of the lazy, Democrat approach of stealing legally owned firearms, I want to fix the moral issues that are causing these tragedies in the first place."
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Dentali wrote:QUESTION 1: As Senator what measures would you take to fight gun violence in America while respecting the second amendment?

"Hello folks, here and at home, first I'd like to thank Rice University for being our host, second I appreciate you asking this question, this is an issue which stretches into every community and wounds all Texans. Gun violence must be addressed, not through the radical Democrat proposals we see in Congress, but through recognition that other causes lead to a violent individual. That means we need to cut red tape and allow better mental health services in schools and in communities to help Texans at risk, and thus seriously lower the rate of gun violence without touching the right to bear arms. I support the Second Amendment, I've served my country fighting for our Constitution, I'll serve you just as dutifully in the Senate," Joe kept his remarks brief but firm.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:44 pm

"Thank y'all for having me tonight. Let me start this evening by praying for those who are doing it tough that this time, including many of you watching this on the television. Healthcare, education and jobs are the real issues facing this country, including, unfortunately, wackos who use guns to kill Americans. The NRA has the best solution to this: gun education. We should, really, be introducing gun safety courses in all public schools, we should be training teachers to defend their students and protect our second amendment rights. But, the other solution to gun violence, which I have not heard tonight, is properly funding our boys in blue. Despite attacks from the Democrats, we need to be funding our police departments right across this country, and in Texas. Strong law and order equals strong communities, strong families and declining crime and gun violence."

"I am going to make it very clear that I oppose the RADICAL efforts to curb our gun-rights by the Democrats, by Caroline Simone, by coastal elite. Electing Randy Cramp to the Senate is electing a fighter who will not bend the knee to the anti-2A left."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Moderator: Candidates are now free to discuss the topic and ask one another questions on the topic.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:35 pm

Clay: "I'd like to make it clear that I agree with Mr. Cramp, but I want to go a step farther. In my time as DA I've seen communities torn apart by gun violence which has crept north across the border. Unchecked cartels and gangs like MS-13 are the cause of an immense amount of suffering. Not only do I support our brave policemen and -women in combating crime, I want to fortify our border to root out the illegal trafficking of drugs and guns. If you elect me Senator, I'm not going to accept any liberal compromises or 'bipartisan solutions.'" Clay cast a glance at Joe Frankston. "I won't stop until we get that wall built!"
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:58 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Clay: "I'd like to make it clear that I agree with Mr. Cramp, but I want to go a step farther. In my time as DA I've seen communities torn apart by gun violence which has crept north across the border. Unchecked cartels and gangs like MS-13 are the cause of an immense amount of suffering. Not only do I support our brave policemen and -women in combating crime, I want to fortify our border to root out the illegal trafficking of drugs and guns. If you elect me Senator, I'm not going to accept any liberal compromises or 'bipartisan solutions.'" Clay cast a glance at Joe Frankston. "I won't stop until we get that wall built!"

"Yes, the Congressman's disdain for delivering solutions instead of fiery words is easily spotted by his two years of inaction. We've sent you to Washington before, and you've returned empty handed asking for more. In the Air Force, when you trust a pilot, a commander, an ally, you do it because they deliver. Send me to the Senate and I'll come back within my first year with a bill that will protect the second amendment rights of Texans and reduce the pain of gun violence in our communities," Joe replied firmly.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Sarenium wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Clay: "I'd like to make it clear that I agree with Mr. Cramp, but I want to go a step farther. In my time as DA I've seen communities torn apart by gun violence which has crept north across the border. Unchecked cartels and gangs like MS-13 are the cause of an immense amount of suffering. Not only do I support our brave policemen and -women in combating crime, I want to fortify our border to root out the illegal trafficking of drugs and guns. If you elect me Senator, I'm not going to accept any liberal compromises or 'bipartisan solutions.'" Clay cast a glance at Joe Frankston. "I won't stop until we get that wall built!"

"Yes, the Congressman's disdain for delivering solutions instead of fiery words is easily spotted by his two years of inaction. We've sent you to Washington before, and you've returned empty handed asking for more. In the Air Force, when you trust a pilot, a commander, an ally, you do it because they deliver. Send me to the Senate and I'll come back within my first year with a bill that will protect the second amendment rights of Texans and reduce the pain of gun violence in our communities," Joe replied firmly.

"Let's be clear what Frankston means here when he talks about delivering in the Senat," Randy interjected. "He wants to bend the knee to the radical Democratic Senators, like Tim Westra, Levi Murphy and Winthrop. I will never, ever, compromise the values of Texans for Washington D.C. politicking like Frankston suggests."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:32 pm

Sarenium wrote:"Yes, the Congressman's disdain for delivering solutions instead of fiery words is easily spotted by his two years of inaction. We've sent you to Washington before, and you've returned empty handed asking for more. In the Air Force, when you trust a pilot, a commander, an ally, you do it because they deliver. Send me to the Senate and I'll come back within my first year with a bill that will protect the second amendment rights of Texans and reduce the pain of gun violence in our communities," Joe replied firmly.
Clay: Clay's eyebrow quirked momentarily; he hadn't necessarily expected Frankston to come for him immediately, but that didn't mean he was unprepared.

"All due respect, sir," he began, regaining his composure quickly, "you can't treat Congress like a combat mission. What you know, General, is the battlefield, the cockpit. What I know is Washington. I haven't spent my term lolly-gagging. As we speak there is a Resolution which I wrote in committee, a Resolution which will demand that Antifa be declared a terrorist organization. You haven't seen that from any other Congressman! That's the hard stance on crime that I've taken ever since I graduated law school and served Denton County. Texas needs a person who understands politics and can cut through the red tape in the Senate. And I'm that person."

Clay turned to face Frankston directly, aiming to put him on the spot. "Can you promise to fulfill Arnold Wolf's pledge and build a border wall, General?"

The Wanderer

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Sarenium wrote:"Yes, the Congressman's disdain for delivering solutions instead of fiery words is easily spotted by his two years of inaction. We've sent you to Washington before, and you've returned empty handed asking for more. In the Air Force, when you trust a pilot, a commander, an ally, you do it because they deliver. Send me to the Senate and I'll come back within my first year with a bill that will protect the second amendment rights of Texans and reduce the pain of gun violence in our communities," Joe replied firmly.
Clay: Clay's eyebrow quirked momentarily; he hadn't necessarily expected Frankston to come for him immediately, but that didn't mean he was unprepared.

"All due respect, sir," he began, regaining his composure quickly, "you can't treat Congress like a combat mission. What you know, General, is the battlefield, the cockpit. What I know is Washington. I haven't spent my term lolly-gagging. As we speak there is a Resolution which I wrote in committee, a Resolution which will demand that Antifa be declared a terrorist organization. You haven't seen that from any other Congressman! That's the hard stance on crime that I've taken ever since I graduated law school and served Denton County. Texas needs a person who understands politics and can cut through the red tape in the Senate. And I'm that person."

Clay turned to face Frankston directly, aiming to put him on the spot. "Can you promise to fulfill Arnold Wolf's pledge and build a border wall, General?"

"If I see a proposal for a wall that is cost-effective, then by all means I'll vote for it. I'm for all the good government we can afford, but we're buckling right now, and we need people who understand how to deliver results, cost-effective results that won't bankrupt a generation of Americans. I have delivered before, and I'll do it again," Joe replied.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:40 pm

Sarenium wrote:"If I see a proposal for a wall that is cost-effective, then by all means I'll vote for it. I'm for all the good government we can afford, but we're buckling right now, and we need people who understand how to deliver results, cost-effective results that won't bankrupt a generation of Americans. I have delivered before, and I'll do it again," Joe replied.
Clay: Clay shook his head, smiling. "Quite frankly, General, you haven't delivered on anything that's relevant to politics. When I was DA of Denton County, I curbed violent crime by 25%. That's delivering!" He paused for effect before rounding on Frankston again. "Our country needs strong leaders who will keep their promises, not wishy-washy moderates!"

The Wanderer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse