NATION

PASSWORD

LOTF Special Events Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri May 28, 2021 12:19 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:
Dentali wrote:
"So you're the one" Nate said with a chuckle his own Carolina accent coming out "Honestly thank you... any support is appreciated... from you and your fiance." Nate gave a kind smile and an earnest look to Marilyn before turning to Evander "So are you going to be telling some jokes tonight?"

"Much to Tom Volker's consternation, probably," Jason laughed, beginning to head down to the groups assembled by the lake, "I have a reputation as an awful prankster to maintain."

"Can't wait to watch you work Jason"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 28, 2021 1:24 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:Senator Kimberly Dunbar

Kim and Michael arrived around the same time the future Mr. and Mrs. Jason Evander did, although they were delayed by a brief struggle of unpacking Kim's wheelchair from the van. Once that was resolved, they went to the backyard, Michael with his hands protectively laid on his wife's chair.

"Gosh, this is never not overwhelming," he muttered to Kim, who giggled.

"Just stick by Augusta's husband and drink all night, sweetheart, you know the drill," she responded, reaching behind to squeeze his hand briefly. They rolled down to the growing party, where Kim steered her wheelchair over to Augusta with a cheeky smile. "Speaking of Augusta...you ready get drunk under the table this year?"

"Is it possible to drink enough to inoculate ourselves against what our prospective future presidents are going to sell us as humor today?" Augusta smirked, happy to see Kim clearly, leaning slightly against the counter. "You know I don't get drunk. I just take a... neurological recess."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 28, 2021 2:02 pm

Governor Jack Chambers made sure to be at the Frankston Ranch. He wasn't going to be the one making to big speech, a fact that stuck in his craw a little. His massive ambition had been thwarted quite a bit. He had a few things to take care of before jetting off to Texas. He had to supervise moving the government of Nebraska back from the temporary capital, Grand Island. He had to deal with the fallout of the failed Porterite raid. He had received assurances that everything was alright. To have to face so many lawsuits so fast was quite a shock. He fired all the advisers who assured him the raid was ok. He chose to settle out of court with the ACLU and the others. The lawsuit was humiliating and gave that guy from New York a victim card. After being subjected to a "random search", Chambers made it on to the ranch. Chambers made a beeline straight towards Governor Richardson.
"Hello, Nathaniel. Good to see you."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri May 28, 2021 5:36 pm

The Frankston Ranch, Texas

The Volker couple, their second-born in tow, had arrived shortly after Governor Chambers did. Taking a brief minute or so outside for Thomas to slightly adjust his tuxedo one final time. The three Missourians finally entered the Franch, settling on doing the decent thing and speaking to the hosts of the night’s events first and foremost, and, of course, first dealing with the formalities of the Secret Service detail present at the Franch, they finally approached the Frankstons near the lake.

“Howard, Maria, it’s great to see you again. How have you both been?” The Congressman asked politely, shaking the hand of the Texan statesman before speaking again.

“I hope you don’t mind but we brought this as a gift for you before coming here.” Thomas said as he proceeded to hand over to the couple a bottle of 10 year vintage single malt.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Louisianan wrote:Rep. Linda Lazare

Linda drove herself to the 'Franch' as it was known, she had thought about inviting a guest but she didn't want gossip to start. She arrived at a decent time, wearing a floral print dress that ruffled at the neck and covered one shoulder. It was a twenty-dollar dress, but it was in high fashion and looked like something Lady Di could have worn. She wore open foot heels with straps, along with her engagement ring and mother's wristwatch. In her hand, was a matching white handbag that completed the motif better than any other accessory on this side of the border. Linda had never really been in touch with the Frankton's before, but ever the charmer, Linda thought it best to acquaint herself as much as possible beforehand using google and such.

She went through the security, making a joke or two with the Secret Service, before continuing on her journey to the party. Upon entering the estate, Linda made it a point to seek out Senator Frankston's wife, as Linda's mother used to say, "Mingle with the girls first so they don't get suspicious if you sleep with their husbands." The full quotation isn't applied here, just the part about mingling with the girls.

"Good evening, Mrs. Frankston. Linda Lazare, wonderful to have finally met you. What lovely flowers! I didn't know if I should have brought anything, but I hope my presence is a gift enough." Linda laughed, offering her hand for Maria to shake.

"Welcome, welcome," smiled Maria.

Greater Arab State wrote:

The Volker couple, their second-born in tow, had arrived shortly after Governor Chambers did. Taking a brief minute or so outside for Thomas to slightly adjust his tuxedo one final time. The three Missourians finally entered the Franch, settling on doing the decent thing and speaking to the hosts of the night’s events first and foremost, and, of course, first dealing with the formalities of the Secret Service detail present at the Franch, they finally approached the Frankstons near the lake.

“Howard, Maria, it’s great to see you again. How have you both been?” The Congressman asked politely, shaking the hand of the Texan statesman before speaking again.

“I hope you don’t mind but we brought this as a gift for you before coming here.” Thomas said as he proceeded to hand over to the couple a bottle of 10 year vintage single malt.

"A malt," Howard appreciated the bottle, "thank you, Tom."

Jillian arrived with William and Liam in tow. The gentlemen had donned their suits, Liam a black with a bowtie while Will opted for a dark navy, foregoing a bowtie for suspenders and a navy tie. Jillian meanwhile entered wearing a red backless dress. Perhaps the first and only time her colleagues would notice the fact that she owned clothes that weren't traditional political. She still felt the stretch on her shoulders from swimming in the morning. The trio approached the doors, greeting Maria who they stumbled upon first, this was Jillian's fifth attendance at these parties, she had missed the 2018 one as she was not an incumbent at the time.

They stepped out onto the deck where the orchestra was playing something soft, Will wandered off towards the youth, bored out of his mind approached the bar and asked for a coke-a-cola. Howard who was in the area spotted him and with his big bright smile posited, "there isn't any whiskey in that is there?"

Will turned to Howard with a surprised smile, "no, no sir no there isn't."

"Hope your mother has her remarks prepared," Howard grinned as he walked off.

Elsewhere, Jillian and Liam ran into Augusta and her husband.

"Augusta," Jillian greeted her, "Christopher," she smiled at him.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Wesley Bucknell
After being "randomly searched" and exchanging dark looks with the Secret Service, Governor Bucknell of South Carolina was allowed onto the Ranch. As Southern courtesy dictated he grumbled acknowledgement to the hosts before drifting toward a tall woman all in black whom he recognized from his alternative newsfeeds.

"Well, I'll be, if it ain't Deb Feyrer!" the old man greeted, bending in a stiff half-bow as if to kiss her hand.

"It is always refreshing to see southern sensibilities in action," she offered her hand respectfully, glaring over Wes' shoulder towards the Evander couple.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 6:44 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Lavan Tiri wrote:Senator Kimberly Dunbar

Kim and Michael arrived around the same time the future Mr. and Mrs. Jason Evander did, although they were delayed by a brief struggle of unpacking Kim's wheelchair from the van. Once that was resolved, they went to the backyard, Michael with his hands protectively laid on his wife's chair.

"Gosh, this is never not overwhelming," he muttered to Kim, who giggled.

"Just stick by Augusta's husband and drink all night, sweetheart, you know the drill," she responded, reaching behind to squeeze his hand briefly. They rolled down to the growing party, where Kim steered her wheelchair over to Augusta with a cheeky smile. "Speaking of Augusta...you ready get drunk under the table this year?"

"Is it possible to drink enough to inoculate ourselves against what our prospective future presidents are going to sell us as humor today?" Augusta smirked, happy to see Kim clearly, leaning slightly against the counter. "You know I don't get drunk. I just take a... neurological recess."

"We'll see about that, ladies," Maria gave them both the most innocent menacing smile as she approached holding a tray of what appeared to be shots.

Lemons and salt in tow.

"Shots?" Maria said particularly loudly.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri May 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Sarenium wrote:"It is always refreshing to see southern sensibilities in action," she offered her hand respectfully, glaring over Wes' shoulder towards the Evander couple.
Wes straightened up and smiled. "Indeed. No offense to our hosts, but sometimes I think they forget what it means to be Southern out here in Texas. 'Specially with all these Spanish folks they have here." The veteran followed Deb's eye to the Representative Evander and his plus-one, and he gave her a knowing look. "I sure hope you ain't mourning the death of that criminal Marlon Ward," he continued with a bark of laughter.
Elsewhere, Representative Crawford Clay had arrived at the event with his wife, Julie, who scurried behind him as he gave his host Howard a wide berth. After having a drink to brace his courage, he sought out the younger Frankston, another olive branch in mind.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Sarenium wrote:Jillian arrived with William and Liam in tow. The gentlemen had donned their suits, Liam a black with a bowtie while Will opted for a dark navy, foregoing a bowtie for suspenders and a navy tie. Jillian meanwhile entered wearing a red backless dress. Perhaps the first and only time her colleagues would notice the fact that she owned clothes that weren't traditional political. She still felt the stretch on her shoulders from swimming in the morning. The trio approached the doors, greeting Maria who they stumbled upon first, this was Jillian's fifth attendance at these parties, she had missed the 2018 one as she was not an incumbent at the time.

They stepped out onto the deck where the orchestra was playing something soft, Will wandered off towards the youth, bored out of his mind approached the bar and asked for a coke-a-cola. Howard who was in the area spotted him and with his big bright smile posited, "there isn't any whiskey in that is there?"

Senator Merriam

"Jillian! I see that Minnesotan weasel's going for your throat again. You really should get the exterminators in." Augusta seemed exceptionally nonchalant at the idea of just attacking a Senate colleague. "I don't know how you deal with it. It's easy enough to keep our radicals distracted, can't you give him a chewtoy or something?"

Zachary Prendergast

Zachary was well old enough to drink, and so he was nursing a bottle of beer when he noticed Jillian's son Will rock up to the bar. Surprised by this, as he'd not expected him (or anyone he particularly cared to talk to) to show up, he gave him a little wave, hoping that he might just get spotted.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 7:06 pm

Sarenium wrote:"It is always refreshing to see southern sensibilities in action," she offered her hand respectfully, glaring over Wes' shoulder towards the Evander couple.
Wes straightened up and smiled. "Indeed. No offense to our hosts, but sometimes I think they forget what it means to be Southern out here in Texas. 'Specially with all these Spanish folks they have here." The veteran followed Deb's eye to the Representative Evander and his plus-one, and he gave her a knowing look. "I sure hope you ain't mourning the death of that criminal Marlon Ward," he continued with a bark of laughter.
Elsewhere, Representative Crawford Clay had arrived at the event with his wife, Julie, who scurried behind him as he gave his host Howard a wide berth. After having a drink to brace his courage, he sought out the younger Frankston, another olive branch in mind.

"No, mourning the visionary for our party who's reputation has been soiled," sighed an unhappy Deb.

Joe was sitting with a few deep pocketed Texan politicians writing checks for his upcoming foundation when he and his wife spotted Crawford, "Congressman," Joe smiled kindly.

Sarenium wrote:Jillian arrived with William and Liam in tow. The gentlemen had donned their suits, Liam a black with a bowtie while Will opted for a dark navy, foregoing a bowtie for suspenders and a navy tie. Jillian meanwhile entered wearing a red backless dress. Perhaps the first and only time her colleagues would notice the fact that she owned clothes that weren't traditional political. She still felt the stretch on her shoulders from swimming in the morning. The trio approached the doors, greeting Maria who they stumbled upon first, this was Jillian's fifth attendance at these parties, she had missed the 2018 one as she was not an incumbent at the time.

Senator Merriam

"Jillian! I see that Minnesotan weasel's going for your throat again. You really should get the exterminators in." Augusta seemed exceptionally nonchalant at the idea of just attacking a Senate colleague. "I don't know how you deal with it. It's easy enough to keep our radicals distracted, can't you give him a chewtoy or something?"

Zachary Prendergast

Zachary was well old enough to drink, and so he was nursing a bottle of beer when he noticed Jillian's son Will rock up to the bar. Surprised by this, as he'd not expected him (or anyone he particularly cared to talk to) to show up, he gave him a little wave, hoping that he might just get spotted.

"Look, we're trying," Liam laughed.

Will looked up, a YOUTH!

He walked over, "so, who are you here with?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 28, 2021 7:13 pm

Sarenium wrote:"Look, we're trying," Liam laughed.

Will looked up, a YOUTH!

Senator Merriam

"Well, try harder. Else he'll be back in the Senate saying stupid things like 'let's abolish the Army' and 'we should subsidize ISIS madrassahs'." She smiles kindly.

Zachary Prendergast

"Skeletor and the Ghost of Christmas Future." Zachary remarked cynically, before shaking his head. "My grandfather. Governor Prendergast."
Neoliberal

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri May 28, 2021 7:19 pm

Sarenium wrote:"No, mourning the visionary for our party who's reputation has been soiled," sighed an unhappy Deb.

Joe was sitting with a few deep pocketed Texan politicians writing checks for his upcoming foundation when he and his wife spotted Crawford, "Congressman," Joe smiled kindly.
Sensing Deb's grief, Wesley's tone sobered. "Bernard Porter was a good man," he growled. Voice lowering yet further, he gave her a conspiratorial look. "Do you think what happened in Georgia was a setup?"
Clay returned Joe's smile, and proffered his hand for a firm shake. "General," he greeted humbly, "Mrs. Frankston." He nodded to the other gentlemen present. "Thank you for hosting us. Your family's really blessed to have this place, and exceptionally generous to share it with Washington."
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 7:24 pm

Sarenium wrote:"No, mourning the visionary for our party who's reputation has been soiled," sighed an unhappy Deb.

Sensing Deb's grief, Wesley's tone sobered. "Bernard Porter was a good man," he growled. Voice lowering yet further, he gave her a conspiratorial look. "Do you think what happened in Georgia was a setup?"
Clay returned Joe's smile, and proffered his hand for a firm shake. "General," he greeted humbly, "Mrs. Frankston." He nodded to the other gentlemen present. "Thank you for hosting us. Your family's really blessed to have this place, and exceptionally generous to share it with Washington."

Deb leaned in and in a low voice replied, "I heard the White House didn't give him an opportunity to surrender."

"My father has always believed negotiations were best done with a bottle of whisky in one hand and a shot in the other," Joe replied with a satisfied smile.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Sarenium wrote:"Look, we're trying," Liam laughed.

Will looked up, a YOUTH!

Senator Merriam

"Well, try harder. Else he'll be back in the Senate saying stupid things like 'let's abolish the Army' and 'we should subsidize ISIS madrassahs'." She smiles kindly.

Zachary Prendergast

"Skeletor and the Ghost of Christmas Future." Zachary remarked cynically, before shaking his head. "My grandfather. Governor Prendergast."

"I think he's already of the opinion we fund ISIS madrassahs," Jillian replied with a smirk.

"Ah yes, wannabe slightly less controversial Arnold Wolf," smiled William.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri May 28, 2021 7:43 pm

Sarenium wrote:Deb leaned in and in a low voice replied, "I heard the White House didn't give him an opportunity to surrender."

"My father has always believed negotiations were best done with a bottle of whisky in one hand and a shot in the other," Joe replied with a satisfied smile.

Wes nodded agreement with gusto. "I believe it!" he declared, then lowered his voice back to a hush. "I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is a false flag to kill our movement. I've seen the footage from Atlanta, and Bernie wasn't at fault. He was provoked, and the whole firework nonsense is, pardon my French, bullshit. It's all just more proof that Tawney isn't on our side, or else, somebody is keeping him from being on our side."
Clay laughed wanly. "I don't mean to interrupt those negotiations," he responded, giving Frankston's companions a conciliatory nod, "but at some point I'd like to get you alone, sir, if you'll permit it. I know tonight's the night we're supposed to get away from all the red tape and horse-trading, but... Whenever you have a moment, I'd be honored."

The Wanderer

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri May 28, 2021 7:43 pm

A Saturday in 2020
The Franch
Suzette Seidel (R-MO)

Arriving in a red white and blue dress that hung surprisingly well off the middle aged former law enforcement officer, Congresswoman Seidel entered the party with a large rectangular box. The contents of the box, precleared with the Frankstons' security prior to Suzette's arrival, were not yet known to Howard himself, who the gift was for in the first place. Despite their differences, Seidel had worked with the dying Senator in the past and respected his military service greatly, so when the time came to attend this final party, she decided to go, despite not having attended in the past.

Complying with security, handing off the gift, and being cleared for entry, Suzette immediately took to mingling with some of her more familiar colleagues before heading to the bar and taking a seat next to two chatty teens at the bar. "Ice water please." she indicated, having not had a drink before and not intending to start tonight. Upon receiving her glass, she sipped it quietly, waiting to see if she would be approached while she eavesdropped on the conversation next to her.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Vaquas wrote:
(Image)
A Saturday in 2020
The Franch
Suzette Seidel (R-MO)

Arriving in a red white and blue dress that hung surprisingly well off the middle aged former law enforcement officer, Congresswoman Seidel entered the party with a large rectangular box. The contents of the box, precleared with the Frankstons' security prior to Suzette's arrival, were not yet known to Howard himself, who the gift was for in the first place. Despite their differences, Seidel had worked with the dying Senator in the past and respected his military service greatly, so when the time came to attend this final party, she decided to go, despite not having attended in the past.

Complying with security, handing off the gift, and being cleared for entry, Suzette immediately took to mingling with some of her more familiar colleagues before heading to the bar and taking a seat next to two chatty teens at the bar. "Ice water please." she indicated, having not had a drink before and not intending to start tonight. Upon receiving her glass, she sipped it quietly, waiting to see if she would be approached while she eavesdropped on the conversation next to her.

"CONGRESSMAN!" the voice of Howard Frankston boomed as he approached her, somewhat inebriated, yet loving every second, "you owe me four parties worth of dances," he extended a hand, gesturing to the dancefloor nearby.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri May 28, 2021 7:53 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Louisianan wrote:Rep. Linda Lazare

Linda drove herself to the 'Franch' as it was known, she had thought about inviting a guest but she didn't want gossip to start. She arrived at a decent time, wearing a floral print dress that ruffled at the neck and covered one shoulder. It was a twenty-dollar dress, but it was in high fashion and looked like something Lady Di could have worn. She wore open foot heels with straps, along with her engagement ring and mother's wristwatch. In her hand, was a matching white handbag that completed the motif better than any other accessory on this side of the border. Linda had never really been in touch with the Frankton's before, but ever the charmer, Linda thought it best to acquaint herself as much as possible beforehand using google and such.

She went through the security, making a joke or two with the Secret Service, before continuing on her journey to the party. Upon entering the estate, Linda made it a point to seek out Senator Frankston's wife, as Linda's mother used to say, "Mingle with the girls first so they don't get suspicious if you sleep with their husbands." The full quotation isn't applied here, just the part about mingling with the girls.

"Good evening, Mrs. Frankston. Linda Lazare, wonderful to have finally met you. What lovely flowers! I didn't know if I should have brought anything, but I hope my presence is a gift enough." Linda laughed, offering her hand for Maria to shake.

"Welcome, welcome," smiled Maria.

Greater Arab State wrote:

"A malt," Howard appreciated the bottle, "thank you, Tom."

Jillian arrived with William and Liam in tow. The gentlemen had donned their suits, Liam a black with a bowtie while Will opted for a dark navy, foregoing a bowtie for suspenders and a navy tie. Jillian meanwhile entered wearing a red backless dress. Perhaps the first and only time her colleagues would notice the fact that she owned clothes that weren't traditional political. She still felt the stretch on her shoulders from swimming in the morning. The trio approached the doors, greeting Maria who they stumbled upon first, this was Jillian's fifth attendance at these parties, she had missed the 2018 one as she was not an incumbent at the time.

Wesley Bucknell
After being "randomly searched" and exchanging dark looks with the Secret Service, Governor Bucknell of South Carolina was allowed onto the Ranch. As Southern courtesy dictated he grumbled acknowledgement to the hosts before drifting toward a tall woman all in black whom he recognized from his alternative newsfeeds.

"Well, I'll be, if it ain't Deb Feyrer!" the old man greeted, bending in a stiff half-bow as if to kiss her hand.

"It is always refreshing to see southern sensibilities in action," she offered her hand respectfully, glaring over Wes' shoulder towards the Evander couple.

Linda returned the smile. She'd noticed the groups or cliques that had begun to form, the bi-partisan folks and moderates, the brown-nosers snuggling up with Richardson, the hoity-toighty teens at the bar, along with the soon-to-be drunk old men. A little less popular though, were the extremists, Governor whatshisface, and Deb Feyrer.

Linda decided that while friends could be found in the most unusual of places, the misfits group wasn't one of them on this particular occasion, and as she wasn't in the mood to debate Deb on what fashion is meant to be at a party, Linda just floated around. Mostly waiting on friends, but also picking up tidbits of conversation.

Humming the famous Kitty Wells tune, 'It Wasn't God Who Made Honky-Tonk Angels' Linda approached the bar, "Tipsy Texas Tea, please. Hold off on the Tea, and put a hell of a lot of tipsy in there for me! Don't try to slip your number on the napkin either." she said, in a semi-joking tone, as she looked at her watch and sighed, "Shit. Batteries dead." she calmly removed her watch and placed it in her handbag, as she sipped her tea, keeping one eye on the entrance and one eye on the boys down the bar.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri May 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
(Image)
A Saturday in 2020
The Franch
Suzette Seidel (R-MO)

"CONGRESSMAN!" the voice of Howard Frankston boomed as he approached her, somewhat inebriated, yet loving every second, "you owe me four parties worth of dances," he extended a hand, gesturing to the dancefloor nearby.

Suzette's focus darted over, mildly surprised at Howard's sudden and bombastic appearance. She gave a light smile and shook her head. "Oh Senator, well, you look as good as ever. A dance though? I don't know about all of that, I'm a bit out of practice." she said, drinking some more of her water.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

Suzette's focus darted over, mildly surprised at Howard's sudden and bombastic appearance. She gave a light smile and shook her head. "Oh Senator, well, you look as good as ever. A dance though? I don't know about all of that, I'm a bit out of practice." she said, drinking some more of her water.

"Please, I insist," Howard offered her no recourse.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Fri May 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Sarenium wrote:

"We'll see about that, ladies," Maria gave them both the most innocent menacing smile as she approached holding a tray of what appeared to be shots.

Lemons and salt in tow.

Kim Dunbar

"Oh, yes please," Kim chortled, taking a shot. She was still coughing when Jillian walked up, and had chugged half a bottle of water while Jillian and Augusta cracked jokes at Murphy's expense.

"Shut up, Mike," she said to her husband, who was howling with laughter at her misfortune, before pivoting to Jillian, "I was wondering why it was so nice around Washington. Didn't realize Murphy was ready to crawl out of his hole and sic his laplong dog on--sorry, long lap dog on you."

"Lap dog Long," Mike Dunbar said innocently, barely concealing a grin at Kim's inability to hold her alcohol.

"Shut up, Mike--is that Lazare? Hey Linda!"

Kim beckoned Lazare over enthusiastically.

Jason Evander

Jason hadn't made it as far in the Army as he had being oblivious, and he caught the icy glare from Deb Feyrer as he and Marilyn walked down the path to greet Howard. Jason threw his considerable shoulders back, pulled his fiancee in a little tighter to him, and shot Feyrer and Bucknell a cold, one-eyed glare in return.

"Jason?"

He turned back to Marilyn, who had unobtrusively followed his gaze. "Trouble?"

"'Course not, honey," he said calmly, "let's go mingle and ignore them."

He led Marilyn down, briefly saying hello at Howard's back while he pressed Suzette Seidel to dance with him, to where Senator Hagerty and Governor Holland were conversing.

"Senator. Governor," Jason said, shaking both men's hands, "great to see you. This is my fiancee, Marilyn Southerland."

"You too, Evander," Wyatt said, shaking his hand, "lovely to meet you, Marilyn."

"You too," she said, shaking both men's hands briefly.
My pronouns are they/them

Join Home of the Brave!
Big Jim P wrote:I like the way you think.

Constaniana wrote:Ah, so you were dropped on your head. This explains a lot.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Snarky bastard.

The Grey Wolf wrote:You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:I'm not sure whether to laugh because thIs is the best satire I've ever seen or be very very afraid because someone actually thinks all this so.... have a cookie?

John Holland wrote: John Holland
your mom

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 9:28 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

Lemons and salt in tow.

Kim Dunbar

"Oh, yes please," Kim chortled, taking a shot. She was still coughing when Jillian walked up, and had chugged half a bottle of water while Jillian and Augusta cracked jokes at Murphy's expense.

"Shut up, Mike," she said to her husband, who was howling with laughter at her misfortune, before pivoting to Jillian, "I was wondering why it was so nice around Washington. Didn't realize Murphy was ready to crawl out of his hole and sic his laplong dog on--sorry, long lap dog on you."

"Lap dog Long," Mike Dunbar said innocently, barely concealing a grin at Kim's inability to hold her alcohol.

Jason Evander

Jason hadn't made it as far in the Army as he had being oblivious, and he caught the icy glare from Deb Feyrer as he and Marilyn walked down the path to greet Howard. Jason threw his considerable shoulders back, pulled his fiancee in a little tighter to him, and shot Feyrer and Bucknell a cold, one-eyed glare in return.

"Jason?"

He led Marilyn down, briefly saying hello at Howard's back while he pressed Suzette Seidel to dance with him, to where Senator Hagerty and Governor Holland were conversing.

"Senator. Governor," Jason said, shaking both men's hands, "great to see you. This is my fiancee, Marilyn Southerland."

"You too, Evander," Wyatt said, shaking his hand, "lovely to meet you, Marilyn."

Maria gave a very satisfied smile, Jillian extended her hand as Maria poured a second round and Jillian joined in.

Maria also did both shots, "a lady that can't drink," she glanced at Suzette Seidel, "is a very boring lady!"

"SHOTS!" called Maria, pouring a third round.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Fri May 28, 2021 9:35 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Lavan Tiri wrote:
Kim Dunbar

Jason Evander

"Jason?"

Maria gave a very satisfied smile, Jillian extended her hand as Maria poured a second round and Jillian joined in.

Maria also did both shots, "a lady that can't drink," she glanced at Suzette Seidel, "is a very boring lady!"

Kim enthusiastically joined in, managing to avoid coughing this time as she threw back her shot. "I am many, many things," she said hoarsely, "but never, ever, ever boring."

Join Home of the Brave!

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:I'm not sure whether to laugh because thIs is the best satire I've ever seen or be very very afraid because someone actually thinks all this so.... have a cookie?

your mom

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 28, 2021 9:46 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

Kim enthusiastically joined in, managing to avoid coughing this time as she threw back her shot. "I am many, many things," she said hoarsely, "but never, ever, ever boring."

Maria poured the fourth shot, looking at Jillian who gladly took the fourth round, "in this family, we drink one for every member of the immediate family, one for yourself, one for your husband, one for each kid. I think we're going to five aren't we?"

"How unfortunate," chuckled Jillian.

"Fourth for you, Kim?" Maria asked.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri May 28, 2021 9:47 pm

Lavan Tiri wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

Lemons and salt in tow.

Kim Dunbar

Jason Evander

"Jason?"

After hearing a loud, call of her name, Linda smiled at the recognizable voice, "Well! Kim Dunbar! It's so wonderful to see you!" Linda said with a smile as she stood and semi-jogged over to the location of the wheelchair driving Republican, "I was debating on whether I should come, but since the life of the party has arrived, I know I made the right choice of showing up. This must be your husband! Nice to meet you, Mr. Dunbar." Linda said with a smile,

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Lavan Tiri wrote:

Maria poured the fourth shot, looking at Jillian who gladly took the fourth round, "in this family, we drink one for every member of the immediate family, one for yourself, one for your husband, one for each kid. I think we're going to five aren't we?"

"How unfortunate," chuckled Jillian.

"Fourth for you, Kim?" Maria asked.

"Well, let's see...mother, father, estranged son, are we counting stepchildren?" Kim asked, breaking into a grin when Linda hustled over.

"Lil ol' me, life of the party? Not at all," Kim grinned, "that's gotta be Jillian here. The goal is to get her drunk enough to vote for Nate."

"Mike," Mike said to Linda with a smile, shaking her hand, "and I already know you're Linda Lazare. You've been giving us a headache over on K Street lately."

Join Home of the Brave!

your mom

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse