NATION

PASSWORD

LOTF Special Events Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vaquas
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10672
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vaquas » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Baharia turned to Senator Dayton.

“Senator, is there anything that could convince you to suspend your campaign and endorse Senator Murphy?” He inquired.
Proud Co-OP of the Land Of The Free American Political RP

Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sen. Greg Kost (R-FL), Mayor Nereida Halloway (D-DC), Fmr. Sec. Lawrence Bellman (D-LA), Rep. Dan Ziegler (D-CO), Rep. John Garfield III (D-MI), Rep. Suzette Seidel (R-MO)

User avatar
Sarenium
Senator
 
Posts: 4091
Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sarenium » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Vaquas wrote:Baharia turned to Senator Dayton.

“Senator, is there anything that could convince you to suspend your campaign and endorse Senator Murphy?” He inquired.


"I have a delegate lead, both in super and pledged delegates, and I believe I will retain a popular vote lead going into the Convention, Mr President," Jillian said with no inflection, "Senator Murphy, I don't see a path in which I lose either, I don't believe you will win, your campaign is losing supporters left and right, I'm sorry sir but I don't believe the plurality of Democratic Primary Voters, delegates and elected officials should be sidelined to," she paused, "appease Senator Murphy."
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
...my Australian spirit guide...
Just another Australian. Plibeserk 2021 | Nandy 2024 | Brown 2024

LOTF Characters: Senator Jillian Dayton (D-VA) | Senator Howard Frankston (R-TX) | Senator Deborah Feyrer (R-AL) | Representative Fiona Lowell (D-WI) | Lieutenant General Joe Frankston (R-TX) | Attorney General of the State of Ohio, Jack Vichter (D-OH) | Antony Grey (I-NY)

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

User avatar
Vaquas
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10672
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vaquas » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:42 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Vaquas wrote:Baharia turned to Senator Dayton.

“Senator, is there anything that could convince you to suspend your campaign and endorse Senator Murphy?” He inquired.


"I have a delegate lead, both in super and pledged delegates, and I believe I will retain a popular vote lead going into the Convention, Mr President," Jillian said with no inflection, "Senator Murphy, I don't see a path in which I lose either, I don't believe you will win, your campaign is losing supporters left and right, I'm sorry sir but I don't believe the plurality of Democratic Primary Voters, delegates and elected officials should be sidelined to," she paused, "appease Senator Murphy."


“Even if Senator Murphy were to offer you the slot as his running mate? You would still decline?” Rashid asked.
Proud Co-OP of the Land Of The Free American Political RP

Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sen. Greg Kost (R-FL), Mayor Nereida Halloway (D-DC), Fmr. Sec. Lawrence Bellman (D-LA), Rep. Dan Ziegler (D-CO), Rep. John Garfield III (D-MI), Rep. Suzette Seidel (R-MO)

User avatar
Sarenium
Senator
 
Posts: 4091
Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sarenium » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
"I have a delegate lead, both in super and pledged delegates, and I believe I will retain a popular vote lead going into the Convention, Mr President," Jillian said with no inflection, "Senator Murphy, I don't see a path in which I lose either, I don't believe you will win, your campaign is losing supporters left and right, I'm sorry sir but I don't believe the plurality of Democratic Primary Voters, delegates and elected officials should be sidelined to," she paused, "appease Senator Murphy."


“Even if Senator Murphy were to offer you the slot as his running mate? You would still decline?” Rashid asked.


"Mr. President, if I was offered that position on a Murphy ticket, I would not accept it," she said, pausing, then looking at Levi, "I'm sorry, but I can't be convinced to drop out when I'm winning by every metric, I'm prepared to put you in my cabinet, but I can't be VP to someone who I believe has some serious issues with women in politics," she alluded to the words of Kathleen Nez.
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
...my Australian spirit guide...
Just another Australian. Plibeserk 2021 | Nandy 2024 | Brown 2024

LOTF Characters: Senator Jillian Dayton (D-VA) | Senator Howard Frankston (R-TX) | Senator Deborah Feyrer (R-AL) | Representative Fiona Lowell (D-WI) | Lieutenant General Joe Frankston (R-TX) | Attorney General of the State of Ohio, Jack Vichter (D-OH) | Antony Grey (I-NY)

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

User avatar
Puertollano
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5297
Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Puertollano » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 am

Sarenium wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
“Even if Senator Murphy were to offer you the slot as his running mate? You would still decline?” Rashid asked.


"Mr. President, if I was offered that position on a Murphy ticket, I would not accept it," she said, pausing, then looking at Levi, "I'm sorry, but I can't be convinced to drop out when I'm winning by every metric, I'm prepared to put you in my cabinet, but I can't be VP to someone who I believe has some serious issues with women in politics," she alluded to the words of Kathleen Nez.


"I am a secret sexist now, Jillian? Nevermind. I don't want to be in your cabinet anymore. I will continue my campaign until the convention."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)


Mélenchon - 2022
Bandt - 2022
Galloway - 2024
A PEOPLE'S PARTY - 2024

User avatar
Sarenium
Senator
 
Posts: 4091
Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sarenium » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 am

Puertollano wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
"Mr. President, if I was offered that position on a Murphy ticket, I would not accept it," she said, pausing, then looking at Levi, "I'm sorry, but I can't be convinced to drop out when I'm winning by every metric, I'm prepared to put you in my cabinet, but I can't be VP to someone who I believe has some serious issues with women in politics," she alluded to the words of Kathleen Nez.


"I am a secret sexist now, Jillian? Nevermind. I don't want to be in your cabinet anymore. I will continue my campaign until the convention."


Liam frowned at the suggestion of secrecy but wisely held his tongue while Jillian retained a completely still face as she looked to Baharia.
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
...my Australian spirit guide...
Just another Australian. Plibeserk 2021 | Nandy 2024 | Brown 2024

LOTF Characters: Senator Jillian Dayton (D-VA) | Senator Howard Frankston (R-TX) | Senator Deborah Feyrer (R-AL) | Representative Fiona Lowell (D-WI) | Lieutenant General Joe Frankston (R-TX) | Attorney General of the State of Ohio, Jack Vichter (D-OH) | Antony Grey (I-NY)

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

User avatar
Vaquas
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10672
Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vaquas » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:35 am

Micaela Baharia started to say something but her husband cut her off with a look before she could, rubbing his temple before looking at the two senators and smiling tiredly. He spoke before Dayton could respond to Murphy.

"I think that should conclude our meeting Senators." he said politely, standing up and shaking the hands of both candidates. He also shook Big Tony's hand and that of Dayton's husband before continuing. "I will consider my options this evening and inform the both of you of my decision, or lack thereof, soon, likely tomorrow morning. A statement will be put out accordingly." he explained. "I will consider all you've said today, and the future of our party in my deliberation." he concluded, sheparding them towards the front door alongside his wife. "It has been wonderful being able to speak with both of you."
Proud Co-OP of the Land Of The Free American Political RP

Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sen. Greg Kost (R-FL), Mayor Nereida Halloway (D-DC), Fmr. Sec. Lawrence Bellman (D-LA), Rep. Dan Ziegler (D-CO), Rep. John Garfield III (D-MI), Rep. Suzette Seidel (R-MO)

User avatar
Alozia
Senator
 
Posts: 4401
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alozia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:55 pm

PORTER-SPELLMAN DEBATE
Image


Good evening and welcome. I am Stefani Francotta, I will be moderating tonight's debate. But before that I would like to, in the name of the entire team here at SPREAD, welcome the viewers to today's debate between Dr. Martin Spellman, former presidential candidate and current US Senate Candidate and Secretary Bernard Porter, former presidential candidate and Secretary of Defense in the cabinet of Arnold Wolf. The rules for tonight's debate are as follows: I will be posing questions to both participants, each man will have 3 minutes to answer and up to five minutes to respond to their opponent's answer. Outside notes and materials are not allowed though the both participants have been provided with a notepad and a pen which allows them to make notes while at the podium.

Now please, welcome the participants.
Last edited by Alozia on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So Will It Be - The New Zombie Survival RP On the Block
Assistant Administrator, Community Outreach and Relations, Land Of The Free RP

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes

User avatar
Concerned American Workers
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 488
Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

The man stepped onto the stage, smiling broadly and flashing his charismatic grin at the cameras. He only nodded respectfully at the Secretary before approaching the stage, wanting to do him as little time as day as possible. He approached his podium and microphone with a smile, waiting for the moderator to start.
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Emazia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emazia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:
(Image)
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

The man stepped onto the stage, smiling broadly and flashing his charismatic grin at the cameras. He only nodded respectfully at the Secretary before approaching the stage, wanting to do him as little time as day as possible. He approached his podium and microphone with a smile, waiting for the moderator to start.

Image


Porter, in contrast to the calmness of the Senatorial candidate standing before him, marched onto the stage, with a stern look in his eyes, as if he was a hungry wolf about to eat a flock of sheep. His footsteps were deliberate, powerful and clearly aggressive. He leered at his microphone, tapping it about to ensure it was exactly right, exactly aligned.

He gestured at the moderator, indicating that he was ready.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

User avatar
Alozia
Senator
 
Posts: 4401
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alozia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:03 pm

PORTER-SPELLMAN SPREAD DEBATE
STEFANI FRANCOTTA


"Once again, thank you for participating in tonight's debate. Before I begin asking questions I invite both of you gentlemen to give your opening statements. What motivated you to take part in this event? After all, despite being politicians, you are not running for the same office. What do you hope to achieve tonight? Each participant has three minutes to answer, after that we will move to the first question of the night."
So Will It Be - The New Zombie Survival RP On the Block
Assistant Administrator, Community Outreach and Relations, Land Of The Free RP

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes

User avatar
Concerned American Workers
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 488
Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"Well, I want to first thank you Ms. Francotta for moderating the event. And thank you to SPREAD for hosting. What seems like a long time ago, I was on a stage like this one arguing for my vision for a New America. I was debating fellow Democrats about why we need a bold progressive vision for the country. Tonight, I want to reintroduce that same vision. But now, it's not just mine. It's one I share with millions of hard working Americans that believe that this country needs to do better and needs to do more. We are tired of politics as usual, tired of the betrayal by politicians who delivered a meager relief package when one in five Americans lost insurance. Tired of the partisan games by leadership more inclined to score a win than to deliver aid, like Senator Warrick."

Spellman looked into the camera directly as he called out the man.

"I disagree vehemently with my opponent tonight..." he said, gesturing to the Secretary. "But I'm confident I can debate him and show that his beliefs rooted in fascism, in radical conservatism, in austerity, that those beliefs are not what this nation needs. There is a better way and I'm here to argue that. A better America we can all fight for where transgender Americans are safe, where solutions to climate change are funded, where unions are strong, where civil rights are protected, and where the people have the power, not the rich and powerful."
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alozia
Senator
 
Posts: 4401
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alozia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:25 pm

PORTER-SPELLMAN SPREAD DEBATE
STEFANI FRANCOTTA


"Thank you, Dr. Spellman." Stefani nodded at the man before turning to his opponent. "Secretary Porter, your opening statement."
Last edited by Alozia on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Will It Be - The New Zombie Survival RP On the Block
Assistant Administrator, Community Outreach and Relations, Land Of The Free RP

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes

User avatar
Emazia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emazia » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:34 am

Image

"Citizens of America! Let us stand together, in the name of our collective moral value, in the name of our collective freedom, to stand in defence of the flag, of the country and of the Earth on which we stand! History, my friends, is on our side, for it is they, not us, who are on the wrong side of history. For the heartland we will stand, against the ever creeping forces of Red China, of increasing criminality, and the iconoclasts up there in the ivory towers, the elites who declare themselves to be above the American people, and the subversive pseudo-intellectual forces who push critical theory and political correctness upon the American people!

The cries of the American people are deafening, are clear: the madness of the far-left must end, and so I have one of their most prominent leaders standing before me. Marty Spellman himself. On this great and wonderful night, I will demonstrate to you the failure of the radical leftist ideology thrust upon us by the dark forces who seek to destroy our heartland and to destroy American values!

Citizens, let us unite, in justice, and in reason, for the American Dream shall come before us. If not now, then tomorrow! And when tomorrow comes..."

He paused, turning away from the audience towards the camera, looking at it with determination and strength.

"When tomorrow comes, my fellow Americans, we will be there. And we will win."
Last edited by Emazia on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

User avatar
Concerned American Workers
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 488
Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Concerned American Workers » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:39 am

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

Marty sighed, a heavy glance covering his face as he realized the lunacies that he would have to confront.

User avatar
Emazia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emazia » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am

Concerned American Workers wrote:
(Image)
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

Marty sighed, a heavy glance covering his face as he realized the lunacies that he would have to confront.

Image

The general towered over his opponent, staring at him in the eyes as he waited for the moderator to get to the first topic. Porter was a very large man, and this was shown off in his clothes, being made to make him look more imposing.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

User avatar
Alozia
Senator
 
Posts: 4401
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alozia » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:10 am

PORTER-SPELLMAN SPREAD DEBATE
STEFANI FRANCOTTA

Image


"Moving onto our first question for the night. Over the past four years our nation has seen a drastic increase of violence from radical groups. Our schools, places of worship and social gatherings have come under attack from individuals supporting extremist ideologies. How would you, given the ability, address the issue and bring peace to public discourse in America?"
So Will It Be - The New Zombie Survival RP On the Block
Assistant Administrator, Community Outreach and Relations, Land Of The Free RP

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes

User avatar
Concerned American Workers
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 488
Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:13 am

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"Let's be clear and not mince words. These attacks that have happened in recent years are the result of hateful rhetoric fueled by Arnold Wolf's own disregard for insulting people and shouting off dog whistles. And now my opponent tonight has done the exact same thing for the past year. Yet they will turn around and blame the so-called 'radical left' when more people have died at the hands of white supremacists in the past year alone. What an insult to the people of Charlottesville, to the Jewish community in Pittsburgh, and so many more, including many black Americans who have been attacked and killed at their places of worship."

Marty raised his voice.

"So let's start by recognizing the violence posed by anti-Semitic, xenophobic, racist, and borderline to outright fascist groups. That means one of my first priorities in the Senate, if the good people of Oregon choose to send me, will be to pass new hate crime legislation criminalizing the actions of these groups. It means expanding targeting of potential threats. And it means empowering our legal system to stop putting away innocent people and letting these hate-filled people off the hook. Only once we start taking these attacks seriously can we even start to have peace in public discourse, and I hope that whoever is president come 2021 will be as committed to this as the American people are."

"Defending minority communities is not just an ad nor is it a policy position you can pull off the air. It's a commitment and we have to remain steadfast to it because people like the Secretary will try to undermine us every step of the way."

User avatar
Emazia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emazia » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:53 am

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
BERNARD PORTER


Alozia wrote:
PORTER-SPELLMAN SPREAD DEBATE
STEFANI FRANCOTTA

(Image)


"Moving onto our first question for the night. Over the past four years our nation has seen a drastic increase of violence from radical groups. Our schools, places of worship and social gatherings have come under attack from individuals supporting extremist ideologies. How would you, given the ability, address the issue and bring peace to public discourse in America?"


"I would urge every elected official with the power to do so to designate those groups - antifa, the Black Bloc, whatever they're called, whatever they want to call themselves, as terrorists. Rest assured, as the man who led Iraq, who led Afghanistan, I know how to deal with terrorists. And you don't deal with terrorists by extending them an open hand, just like Obama did to the Kurdish communists. You deal with terrorists by breaking down their cells and by outlawing them.

We do not negotiate with terrorists. We destroy terrorists.

They will bomb pipelines, throw cement milkshakes at their political opponents and even kill the very people they claim to protect in false-flag attacks merely to prove a point, to advance their own hateful cause. And it is not merely from the far-left that we see the attacks, we see them from the radical Islamists hiding on American shores. Are there good, law-abiding Muslims? Of course. But you cannot deny the existence of, try as political correctness might to force us to, radical Islamic cells operating within this country, murdering American Christians for their religious belief - something the far-left claims to oppose - due to a lack of proper vetting.

We must bring law and order, we must bring peace to America. The lives of Americans are counting on you, on us, to prevent another 9/11. I hope Governor Richardson and Senator Dayton can commit to that - can commit to cracking down on Islamic and far-left terrorism in real, tangible ways."


Concerned American Workers wrote:
(Image)
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"Let's be clear and not mince words. These attacks that have happened in recent years are the result of hateful rhetoric fueled by Arnold Wolf's own disregard for insulting people and shouting off dog whistles. And now my opponent tonight has done the exact same thing for the past year. Yet they will turn around and blame the so-called 'radical left' when more people have died at the hands of white supremacists in the past year alone. What an insult to the people of Charlottesville, to the Jewish community in Pittsburgh, and so many more, including many black Americans who have been attacked and killed at their places of worship."

Marty raised his voice.

"So let's start by recognizing the violence posed by anti-Semitic, xenophobic, racist, and borderline to outright fascist groups. That means one of my first priorities in the Senate, if the good people of Oregon choose to send me, will be to pass new hate crime legislation criminalizing the actions of these groups. It means expanding targeting of potential threats. And it means empowering our legal system to stop putting away innocent people and letting these hate-filled people off the hook. Only once we start taking these attacks seriously can we even start to have peace in public discourse, and I hope that whoever is president come 2021 will be as committed to this as the American people are."

"Defending minority communities is not just an ad nor is it a policy position you can pull off the air. It's a commitment and we have to remain steadfast to it because people like the Secretary will try to undermine us every step of the way."


"With all due respect - although, in your case, that's not saying much - you cannot simply blame these lone attacks - often politically unrelated and simply motivated by mental illness - on one man. Even now, even in these days, you DARE to slander a man, to tell him "You have created terrorism! You are evil! You said words that killed Americans!" while he lies there on his deathbed."

Porter looked angry.

"I knew that man, Mr. Spellman," he said the words with a clear indignant and growling tone, "And I will tell you something! Shame on you, you coward! Slandering a man as he lies there! Have you no sympathy? No humanity? No shame? You people disgust me.

I will not let you downplay legitimate terrorist threats, legitimate terrorist threats ignored by the mainstream media, all to slander a man as he dies! Enough!"
Last edited by Emazia on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

User avatar
Concerned American Workers
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 488
Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:59 pm

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"Secretary Porter, you're bragging about your leadership in the Middle East but as far as I know, we are still tied up in a war nearly two decades after with terrorists still destabilizing the region. If that is your success, if that is what we are supposed to call a victory, if that is what we got after millions of lives lost, lives of honest Americans, I think I speak for the rest of the nation: no thanks!"

Marty shook his head and gestured to the Secretary.

"He speaks about political correctness being a threat to our way of life. If words offend you that much Secretary, I think we know who is the real quote unquote snowflake on this stage. The question wasn't what do we call threats. The question was what are they. And right now, the numbers don't lie. People are suffering as white supremacy and xenophobia grows rampant. And hiding behind mental illness when the GOP won't even support real funding for mental health programs just rings of hypocrisy."

"As for your little "Shame on me" stunt Secretary? I will not be shamed for standing up to bullies like you. To generals like you who sent good American men and women to fight wars you want to continue. Wars you say you won but you couldn't even finish them. It's disgraceful to brag about your tactical successes on this stage when lives were lost. It's always America First until it is time to put an end to wars. It's why I've proposed the Department of Peace, an approach to issues not through gunpoint but real resolution. Not through loud threats and growls like from the Secretary but real conversations. Not through American or Iraqi or any bloodshed but through real reform and real peacemaking. That's how we respond to hate, both here and abroad. By putting justice and equality first."

User avatar
Emazia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emazia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:01 am

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
BERNARD PORTER


Concerned American Workers wrote:
(Image)
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"Secretary Porter, you're bragging about your leadership in the Middle East but as far as I know, we are still tied up in a war nearly two decades after with terrorists still destabilizing the region. If that is your success, if that is what we are supposed to call a victory, if that is what we got after millions of lives lost, lives of honest Americans, I think I speak for the rest of the nation: no thanks!"

Marty shook his head and gestured to the Secretary.

"He speaks about political correctness being a threat to our way of life. If words offend you that much Secretary, I think we know who is the real quote unquote snowflake on this stage. The question wasn't what do we call threats. The question was what are they. And right now, the numbers don't lie. People are suffering as white supremacy and xenophobia grows rampant. And hiding behind mental illness when the GOP won't even support real funding for mental health programs just rings of hypocrisy."

"As for your little "Shame on me" stunt Secretary? I will not be shamed for standing up to bullies like you. To generals like you who sent good American men and women to fight wars you want to continue. Wars you say you won but you couldn't even finish them. It's disgraceful to brag about your tactical successes on this stage when lives were lost. It's always America First until it is time to put an end to wars. It's why I've proposed the Department of Peace, an approach to issues not through gunpoint but real resolution. Not through loud threats and growls like from the Secretary but real conversations. Not through American or Iraqi or any bloodshed but through real reform and real peacemaking. That's how we respond to hate, both here and abroad. By putting justice and equality first."


"Do I prefer peace to war? Of course, who doesn't? We can all agree: we'd rather a more peaceful world than a more violent one. But in calling for peace, we must not desecrate the memory of the dead, just as you have here. It was not me who declared war on Iraq, nor Afghanistan - and indeed, implying that Afghanistan ought not to have been invaded despite them harbouring Al Qaeda is effectively implying that we should never have avenged the souls of those 9/11.

Now, I would like to ask you something, Mr. Spellman. What have you ever fought for? What have you ever bled for? You talk about all these grand ideals, all those ideas for reform, and spout off all your lies, but where is the action? Let me make myself clear, sir, you are nothing but a coward and a dog! You can bark here all you like, and yet you never had the guts to fight. You never had the guts to bleed and almost die for your country. Why don't you, at long last, have some respect for those who died?

You called me a snowflake there, Mr. Spellman. All I'll say to you about that is that I have taken a bullet for what I believed in - the American flag, the American people and the American dream. I am not the snowflake here. You are.

Now sit down. An actor isn't fit to run this country. You will not desecrate the ideals of this country...I will not let you desecrate the ideals of this country!"
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

User avatar
Alozia
Senator
 
Posts: 4401
Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alozia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:25 am

PORTER-SPELLMAN SPREAD DEBATE
STEFANI FRANCOTTA

Image


"I would like to remind both of you gentlemen that you are expected to maintain a certain level of decorum during this debate. If either one of you continues to use insults instead of arguments your microphone will be cut off. Moving on to the next question. A wise woman once said 'There can be a hundred people in the room, and 99 don't believe in you, but one does.' What do you say to the young people of this country who feel like they are not listened to during this time of numerous crises? How would you convince them that you are that one person who does believe in them and their capabilities?"
So Will It Be - The New Zombie Survival RP On the Block
Assistant Administrator, Community Outreach and Relations, Land Of The Free RP

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes

User avatar
Emazia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emazia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:32 am

Alozia wrote:
PORTER-SPELLMAN SPREAD DEBATE
STEFANI FRANCOTTA

(Image)


"I would like to remind both of you gentlemen that you are expected to maintain a certain level of decorum during this debate. If either one of you continues to use insults instead of arguments your microphone will be cut off. Moving on to the next question. A wise woman once said 'There can be a hundred people in the room, and 99 don't believe in you, but one does.' What do you say to the young people of this country who feel like they are not listened to during this time of numerous crises? How would you convince them that you are that one person who does believe in them and their capabilities?"

"America is a fundamentally exceptional country, that stands beyond all others in the world - this is not prejudice, as I believe all Americans, regardless of whatever traits they may have, have that greatness within them, even if some of us have unleashed it better than others. I believe in every American, every man and woman in this nation, to struggle until we are made great again. Until we reclaim our place in the world, and until this nation is reborn.

I have spoken at length during my campaign about the importance of duty. And to me, to serve your country is the highest duty of all. So I would ask those young people - go out there and fight for your country. I believe in you. Even if you ain't a fighter, you can do great good in this country. We all have our roles in society, our individual talents. Just ask all the delivery drivers in this country, working day and night to ensure that our economy runs properly, and that you can get a nice pizza for dinner. The pilot who flies planes, ensuring that people and cargo can get to where they need to be, helping drive the veins of our economy on the air. The small business owners, who run their own enterprise, living out the American dream, and working day and night to fight for what is theirs. These are everyday Americans, coming from all sorts of backgrounds. I met a restaurant owner on the campaign trail, he was a very intelligent, very hardworking man, had a very successful business. His story is so inspiring to me because he was born, as he told me, without his legs. Anyone can make it in this country. And even if you don't, even if you haven't - you are still valuable. Every working American, no matter their job, is working hard for the good of this country.

When we, Republicans, speak of the silent majority, it is not a mere rhetoric flourish. It is not some talking point we mete out whenever we're down in the polls. These are the people that we are talking about - pilots, restaurant owners, delivery drivers, dental assistants - hardworking, everyday Americans. The silent majority of our essential workers. When you join their ranks - or indeed, find any honest work - we will stand behind in you. Because we believe in you. We are proud of you, we are proud of America. And unlike the Democrats, who proclaim that America is sexist, is racist, is homophobic, we present a vision of an America that we are proud of, that we can be proud of.

It is time, my friends, that we acknowledge the everyday people who hold society together! Let's give them all a massive clap - here in the audience, and at home! A well-deserved round of applause, for the people who keep this nation together!"
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

User avatar
Concerned American Workers
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 488
Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Concerned American Workers » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Image
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"Or how about a moment of silence for the lives lost in the wars we waged Secretary?" fired back Marty, letting the words hang in the air and interrupting whatever Porter had tried to do.

"Because, look, the Secretary wants you to believe what he does. That this country is perfect for everyone. But let's just ask that delivery driver. Let's ask if he's able to go to college or trade school right now. Let's ask if the American families in this country are doing great. Because while Bernard Porter shouts right now about how great this country is, has he forgotten what we're on this stage for? What we agreed upon: donations to organizations across America to help provide basic food to Americans. How can we justify endless war? How can we be proud of American right now? When Americans are going hungry and broke."

Marty faced the audience.

"Now I do agree with the Secretary on one thing: we are a hard-working nation. But let's fix the scales of work. Let's restore the dignity of work. Let's look to this young people in this country and show them that their future can be great. That starts by allowing students to unionize across the nation. That starts by raising the minimum wage to help young people work their way through college. That starts by moving money to our schools to strengthen public education. And that starts by supporting a new voting age of 16 years old. But all this new opportunity we can create can be for everyone, it can be for the everyday family. It can be for making this nation truly a place we can be proud of. Where work is just and fair, and where poverty is eliminated."

User avatar
Emazia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emazia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:
(Image)
SPREAD DEBATE
MARTIN SPELLMAN

"Or how about a moment of silence for the lives lost in the wars we waged Secretary?" fired back Marty, letting the words hang in the air and interrupting whatever Porter had tried to do.

"Because, look, the Secretary wants you to believe what he does. That this country is perfect for everyone. But let's just ask that delivery driver. Let's ask if he's able to go to college or trade school right now. Let's ask if the American families in this country are doing great. Because while Bernard Porter shouts right now about how great this country is, has he forgotten what we're on this stage for? What we agreed upon: donations to organizations across America to help provide basic food to Americans. How can we justify endless war? How can we be proud of American right now? When Americans are going hungry and broke."

Marty faced the audience.

"Now I do agree with the Secretary on one thing: we are a hard-working nation. But let's fix the scales of work. Let's restore the dignity of work. Let's look to this young people in this country and show them that their future can be great. That starts by allowing students to unionize across the nation. That starts by raising the minimum wage to help young people work their way through college. That starts by moving money to our schools to strengthen public education. And that starts by supporting a new voting age of 16 years old. But all this new opportunity we can create can be for everyone, it can be for the everyday family. It can be for making this nation truly a place we can be proud of. Where work is just and fair, and where poverty is eliminated."

"Well...I can't say I disagree with what you seek to achieve. I do agree that this nation isn't perfect. I never said it was. If I believed it was, I wouldn't be on this stage right now. I never said that this country was perfect. I said that we were good. That we were inherently strong. These times are tough, of course, but we must resist against the economic malaise inflicted by the Red Chinese menace.

I do not deny that there is still work to be done; after all, that is what Make America Great Again means. That we were great once, and that we will be great again.We are a nation that has prevailed against the odds, that will prevail against the odds! Brothers and sisters of America, it is time that we speak to the great ideals held in our constitution, to the inherent unity of the American people. While our government stands more fractured, more divided and more selfish than ever, the American people shall stand, in lockstep, united against those who would destroy us. I call not for division, but for unity, but for a nation united under God, under the flag, and under the great ideals that we stand for!

We will fight against poverty, we will fight against tyranny and we will fight against those who wish to do our country harm. We have been pushed back, we have been attacked and we have been struck down, but we are not dead, we are not gone yet! We shall rise again, like Christ from his grave! A reborn America, for the new American century! A new dawn is coming, my friends, and we shall be its victors! Let us declare, in heart and in spirit: one nation, indivisible, infangible and undefeatable! This is a call to every American, to every citizen of this land:

Faith, to the country! Faith, to the people! And faith, to God!"
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ormata, The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile

Advertisement

Remove ads