NATION

PASSWORD

LOTF Special Events Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 am

Sanabel wrote:Moderator (Mike Oxlong): “Candidates, President Wolf rose to prominence in 2016 through his hardline stance on immigration- calling many Mexican immigrants quote ‘rapists and murderers’ and promising to build a wall on the southern border. Now, in 2019, the construction on the wall has only just begun, the President has come under criticism for the treatment of migrants at the border, and no resolution has been reached for DACA recipients. What do you see as the best path forward for this country on the issue of immigration?”

"I will build the wall immediately. And we'll make it a great wall - steel, concrete - whatever's best. We'll put guards all across the border, defend it from any malicious forces trying to cross. This isn't about race or nationality, but rather about national security. We need to stop sex trafficking across our border. There are Mexican gangs out there kidnapping and raping our women and children. We must stop this human rights travesty at once.

I believe we must vet the quality and moral character of the people who wish to arrive at our shores, in order to ensure that they are neither criminals nor extremists. Yes, there is a skills shortage here in America, and so we must divest more funds to education, in order to ensure that American workers are qualified to take American jobs.

My immigration policy is simple: America for Americans. We must ensure that those allowed in are of the best quality, and that there is little demand for immigrant workers through the training of American workers to fill high-skilled jobs."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 08, 2020 9:23 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Moderator (Mike Oxlong): “Candidates, President Wolf rose to prominence in 2016 through his hardline stance on immigration- calling many Mexican immigrants quote ‘rapists and murderers’ and promising to build a wall on the southern border. Now, in 2019, the construction on the wall has only just begun, the President has come under criticism for the treatment of migrants at the border, and no resolution has been reached for DACA recipients. What do you see as the best path forward for this country on the issue of immigration?”

"I will build the wall immediately. And we'll make it a great wall - steel, concrete - whatever's best. We'll put guards all across the border, defend it from any malicious forces trying to cross. This isn't about race or nationality, but rather about national security. We need to stop sex trafficking across our border. There are Mexican gangs out there kidnapping and raping our women and children. We must stop this human rights travesty at once.

I believe we must vet the quality and moral character of the people who wish to arrive at our shores, in order to ensure that they are neither criminals nor extremists. Yes, there is a skills shortage here in America, and so we must divest more funds to education, in order to ensure that American workers are qualified to take American jobs.

My immigration policy is simple: America for Americans. We must ensure that those allowed in are of the best quality, and that there is little demand for immigrant workers through the training of American workers to fill high-skilled jobs."

Congresswoman Diane Paulson
Republican Presidential Primary Debate
FOX News

“Mr. Secretary, what are you going to do about the undocumented immigrants already in America? Mass deportations are not logistically possible. Homeland security experts, some of which I’m sure you know from your time as Secretary of Defense, have already said such plans are unfeasible.”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 9:29 am

Velahor wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I will build the wall immediately. And we'll make it a great wall - steel, concrete - whatever's best. We'll put guards all across the border, defend it from any malicious forces trying to cross. This isn't about race or nationality, but rather about national security. We need to stop sex trafficking across our border. There are Mexican gangs out there kidnapping and raping our women and children. We must stop this human rights travesty at once.

FOX News

“Mr. Secretary, what are you going to do about the undocumented immigrants already in America? Mass deportations are not logistically possible. Homeland security experts, some of which I’m sure you know from your time as Secretary of Defense, have already said such plans are unfeasible.”

"We're looking to increase deportations as much as possible, even if we can't get every single one. We will search and hunt for illegal aliens, ensuring that they are brought to justice. Of course, if they have children who are American citizens, we'll let them stay under a familial visa, but I think we might have to look at stopping birthright citizenship."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri May 08, 2020 9:33 am

Richardson: Congresswoman without a doubt deportation is a massive challenge, and one that certainly requires great care. However their are measures we can take to greatly reduce the population of illegal immigrants in this country.

Those unlawfully in the United States for over one year and who are removed from the United States should be banned from re-entry to the United States for a minimum of 10 years. Those who voluntarily leave the country will not be subject to this restriction and allowed to re-enter legally through a reformed and expedited system, this will incentivize voluntary deportation.

Social Security no-match data should be shared with the Department of Homeland Security and E-verify expanded. Incentives must be provided to businesses that follow the law and avoid hiring illegal labor. Then must expand ICE recruitment and expand the 287(g) program which trains state and local law enforcement to cooperate with federal immigration laws. Finally we should use a combination of incentives and detriments to increase compliance with federal immigration law and reduce the prevalence of so called “Sanctuary Cities.”

But I also support a legal pathway to citizenship for Dreamers, those who came here as children and have really only know this country. It shouldn't be automatic but they should have a path out of the legal limbo they are in. Right now they are almost second class citizens and that's unacceptable in this country."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 9:38 am

Dentali wrote:Richardson: Congresswoman without a doubt deportation is a massive challenge, and one that certainly requires great care. However their are measures we can take to greatly reduce the population of illegal immigrants in this country.

Those unlawfully in the United States for over one year and who are removed from the United States should be banned from re-entry to the United States for a minimum of 10 years. Those who voluntarily leave the country will not be subject to this restriction and allowed to re-enter legally through a reformed and expedited system, this will incentivize voluntary deportation.

Social Security no-match data should be shared with the Department of Homeland Security and E-verify expanded. Incentives must be provided to businesses that follow the law and avoid hiring illegal labor. Then must expand ICE recruitment and expand the 287(g) program which trains state and local law enforcement to cooperate with federal immigration laws. Finally we should use a combination of incentives and detriments to increase compliance with federal immigration law and reduce the prevalence of so called “Sanctuary Cities.”

But I also support a legal pathway to citizenship for Dreamers, those who came here as children and have really only know this country. It shouldn't be automatic but they should have a path out of the legal limbo they are in. Right now they are almost second class citizens and that's unacceptable in this country."

Porter: "We must indeed provide incentives for businesses to hire American citizens, in order to ensure that unemployment and wages are kept up through reducing the amount of immigrants. As I said earlier on the issue of gun violence, we must indeed equip our law enforcement further, ensuring that they are well-equipped to handle illegal aliens."
Please Watch

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 am

Velahor wrote:
(Image)
FOX News

"We're looking to increase deportations as much as possible, even if we can't get every single one. We will search and hunt for illegal aliens, ensuring that they are brought to justice. Of course, if they have children who are American citizens, we'll let them stay under a familial visa, but I think we might have to look at stopping birthright citizenship."

Paulson Debate Responses

FOX News

“You might have to take a look? Where’s the commitment here?”

“I promise to review birthright citizenship, in fact, I would like to put an end to ‘birth tourism’, where people give birth in the US just to give their child birthright citizenship, as it is equivalent to the practice of marrying just to gain citizenship.”

“I believe in a sensible and fair immigration policy that secures our border, keeps our citizens safe, ends illegal immigration, and preserves the institution of legal immigrants with American values joining our nation and making it even greater.”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am

Velahor wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"We're looking to increase deportations as much as possible, even if we can't get every single one. We will search and hunt for illegal aliens, ensuring that they are brought to justice. Of course, if they have children who are American citizens, we'll let them stay under a familial visa, but I think we might have to look at stopping birthright citizenship."

Paulson Debate Responses

FOX News

“I promise to review birthright citizenship, in fact, I would like to put an end to ‘birth tourism’, where people give birth in the US just to give their child birthright citizenship, as it is equivalent to the practice of marrying just to gain citizenship.”

“I believe in a sensible and fair immigration policy that secures our border, keeps our citizens safe, ends illegal immigration, and preserves the institution of legal immigrants with American values joining our nation and making it even greater.”

"I will certainly abolish birthright citizenship, Ms. Paulson. Let me make myself clear - there is indeed commitment from me on an ideological level. We must stop illegal aliens from entering our country, and ensure that they are brought home as soon as possible."
Please Watch

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 08, 2020 10:01 am

Dentali wrote:Richardson: Congresswoman without a doubt deportation is a massive challenge, and one that certainly requires great care. However their are measures we can take to greatly reduce the population of illegal immigrants in this country.

FOX News

“I agree with most of what you just said Governor. Except for one part. You say that immigrants already in our country will need to voluntarily self-deport to obtain legal status. So you’re proposing that many people leave their jobs, leave their communities, leave the lives they’ve built, to go back to the border and wait in line? That’s unsustainable, and will turn settled people with homes and families in America into homeless migrants. My immigration plans will give those currently in the United States an opportunity to apply for citizenship right where they’re at, so long as they stay off welfare and maintain employment. I’m not going to displace families and communities without due process, I’m sorry, but that’s as un-American as putting kids in cages.”

“I believe that illegal immigration is one of the greatest problems our nation has faced and will ever face. I’m also realistic about it, and I know that just because someone didn’t get a piece of paper from a slow-moving bureaucracy, doesn’t mean that they’re not a human with a job, a family, and a community. I stand for all American jobs, families, and communities. Most immigrants are not ‘rapists and murderers’, though they do exist. Most immigrants are just like the immigrants that we all come from, regular people with families, homes, and communities. It’s time we start talking about them like humans rather than pests to be eradicated.”

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 08, 2020 10:11 am

Velahor wrote:
(Image)
FOX News

"I will certainly abolish birthright citizenship, Ms. Paulson. Let me make myself clear - there is indeed commitment from me on an ideological level. We must stop illegal aliens from entering our country, and ensure that they are brought home as soon as possible."

FOX News

“I prefer Congresswoman Paulson, but thank you for the clarification Mr. Secretary.”

“I agree that we MUST stop illegal immigration now. And for those already in America, Dreamers and those who have held employment in our country for years, they should have the chance to prove that they have American values and are a productive member of society before we scoop them and their families up and dump them in the Sonoran Desert. Every human is a child of God. Every human deserves dignity. I was a single mother, and I can’t imagine the terror that some single mothers must feel as they work three low-wage jobs while worrying that they’ll be shipped away from their children in an ICE raid. Like Governor Richardson said, I believe that we need safe and humane immigration policies.”

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 10:49 am

Velahor wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I will certainly abolish birthright citizenship, Ms. Paulson. Let me make myself clear - there is indeed commitment from me on an ideological level. We must stop illegal aliens from entering our country, and ensure that they are brought home as soon as possible."

FOX News

“I prefer Congresswoman Paulson, but thank you for the clarification Mr. Secretary.”

“I agree that we MUST stop illegal immigration now. And for those already in America, Dreamers and those who have held employment in our country for years, they should have the chance to prove that they have American values and are a productive member of society before we scoop them and their families up and dump them in the Sonoran Desert. Every human is a child of God. Every human deserves dignity. I was a single mother, and I can’t imagine the terror that some single mothers must feel as they work three low-wage jobs while worrying that they’ll be shipped away from their children in an ICE raid. Like Governor Richardson said, I believe that we need safe and humane immigration policies.”

Porter: "You want to talk about humanity, Ms. Paulson?

There is a great war going on in America. It's not a war fought with honour, nor is it a war where the rules are respected. It's not a traditional war, where one side can merely surrender and accept the other's demands.

It is a war of horror, of fear, where the battlefields are our streets and our cities. It is a war on the borders of America, a war ever so forgotten by those in the media and elsewhere.

It is a war waged not for politics, but for the profit of organised crime. Gangs, cartels, the Mafia - they are on all the different sides of this war, all fighting. And on one side lie our police forces, overwhelmed by the struggle.

We cannot simply ignore this war, and let it slip by - it is a war where women are brutally raped, children are made into soldiers and where the innocent are enslaved. It is a war on our border.

For the sake of our country, we must win this war - and we will win it by arming our police officers, building the wall and stopping the flow of drugs and crime. Ultimately, Congresswoman, border security isn't about immigrants or xenophobia - it is about protecting our children from the gangs and from the cartels, looking to enslave, addict and prostitute the innocent."
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri May 08, 2020 10:54 am

Velahor wrote:

FOX News

“I agree with most of what you just said Governor. Except for one part. You say that immigrants already in our country will need to voluntarily self-deport to obtain legal status. So you’re proposing that many people leave their jobs, leave their communities, leave the lives they’ve built, to go back to the border and wait in line? That’s unsustainable, and will turn settled people with homes and families in America into homeless migrants. My immigration plans will give those currently in the United States an opportunity to apply for citizenship right where they’re at, so long as they stay off welfare and maintain employment. I’m not going to displace families and communities without due process, I’m sorry, but that’s as un-American as putting kids in cages.”

“I believe that illegal immigration is one of the greatest problems our nation has faced and will ever face. I’m also realistic about it, and I know that just because someone didn’t get a piece of paper from a slow-moving bureaucracy, doesn’t mean that they’re not a human with a job, a family, and a community. I stand for all American jobs, families, and communities. Most immigrants are not ‘rapists and murderers’, though they do exist. Most immigrants are just like the immigrants that we all come from, regular people with families, homes, and communities. It’s time we start talking about them like humans rather than pests to be eradicated.”

"Considering the threat automation poses to jobs in this country, and the issues with wages our blue collar workers suffer I think making labor more in demand would be a good thing for our blue collar workers. Companies should be competing for our blue collar workers and low skill workers. I have seen too many communities suffer from a sudden influx of cheap labor that puts people out of jobs, its good for big corporations but I'm not worried about their bottom line if it doesn't benefit American workers."

"Additionally I never said they would not receive due process, in fact I mentioned multiple times just how important courts were to immigration reform. The right to a fair trial is in my opinion a natural right, not one just afforded to United States citizens. The overburdened Judicial system and its inability to take necessary actions to efficiently process claims is a major cause for illegal immigrant. We will be able to deal with potential immigrants quickly once we fix it."

"Once we have our system under control we will be able to better sort through our immigrants and refocus our efforts with immigrants who have in demand skills. I want to establish a state based system like Canada and Australia. In essence a state, lets say Minnesota, will put in a request for workers with skills in a certain field based on shortages they are facing... They expect a shortage of 10,000 agricultural workers they request that from the federal Government. The federal government uses a merit and skill based immigration system to identify immigrants with agricultural skills and experience and sends them to Minnesota."

"The immigrants would be required to stay in the state and in that industry for a period at the end of which they can apply for citizenship, if the state is unable to keep them employed the state is penalized in coming years. This way we do not over-saturate the labor market and we can address shortages of workers based on the needs of individual states."

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 08, 2020 11:12 am

Velahor wrote:
(Image)
FOX News

Porter: "You want to talk about humanity, Ms. Paulson?

There is a great war going on in America. It's not a war fought with honour, nor is it a war where the rules are respected. It's not a traditional war, where one side can merely surrender and accept the other's demands.

It is a war of horror, of fear, where the battlefields are our streets and our cities. It is a war on the borders of America, a war ever so forgotten by those in the media and elsewhere.

It is a war waged not for politics, but for the profit of organised crime. Gangs, cartels, the Mafia - they are on all the different sides of this war, all fighting. And on one side lie our police forces, overwhelmed by the struggle.

We cannot simply ignore this war, and let it slip by - it is a war where women are brutally raped, children are made into soldiers and where the innocent are enslaved. It is a war on our border.

For the sake of our country, we must win this war - and we will win it by arming our police officers, building the wall and stopping the flow of drugs and crime. Ultimately, Congresswoman, border security isn't about immigrants or xenophobia - it is about protecting our children from the gangs and from the cartels, looking to enslave, addict and prostitute the innocent."

FOX News

“I know about the brutal violence at our border. Don’t talk down to me like I don’t.”

“But as your only experience is war, everything is a war to you, and you don’t know the first thing about peace. Caught up in the middle of the great war you speak of are families and children, who come to America to escape very real wars in their home countries. I’m not going to turn them all away at the door. I believe that they should be thoroughly vetted, and should be required to maintain work, but I’m not slamming the door in their face.”

“You speak of wars on society, wars on drugs, wars on immigrants, wars on trade, but where is the peace? Americans don’t just want to hear that this or that is a ‘war’, they want a plan on how we will achieve peace.”

“It is completely possible to end illegal immigration, and allow limited legal immigration with thorough vetting and priority to in-demand skilled labor, and do that all while winning the war at our border.”

“In the Paulson administration, we will mobilize police forces to fight border crime, end the war on drugs that amplifies border violence, finish the wall, and protect our children for generations to come.”

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am

Velahor wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Porter: "You want to talk about humanity, Ms. Paulson?

FOX News

“I know about the brutal violence at our border. Don’t talk down to me like I don’t.”

“But as your only experience is war, everything is a war to you, and you don’t know the first thing about peace. Caught up in the middle of the great war you speak of are families and children, who come to America to escape very real wars in their home countries. I’m not going to turn them all away at the door. I believe that they should be thoroughly vetted, and should be required to maintain work, but I’m not slamming the door in their face.”

“You speak of wars on society, wars on drugs, wars on immigrants, wars on trade, but where is the peace? Americans don’t just want to hear that this or that is a ‘war’, they want a plan on how we will achieve peace.”

“It is completely possible to end illegal immigration, and allow limited legal immigration with thorough vetting and priority to in-demand skilled labor, and do that all while winning the war at our border.”

“In the Paulson administration, we will mobilize police forces to fight border crime, end the war on drugs that amplifies border violence, finish the wall, and protect our children for generations to come.”

Porter took a breath, ready to give out a short response

"You cannot make peace with drug traffickers, enslavers of children or gang leaders.

You can only wage war. One of the great enigmatic problems of this war between our country and organised crime is that there is, in the end, no ability to make peace. There is a fundamental, inherent incapability of making peace with organised crime.

If we end the war on drugs, then we will only strengthen these gangs, who make most of their money out of drug trafficking, production and other such things. Drugs are one of the roots. If we let that one loose, then they will only become stronger.

You're right in one aspect, however - there are innocents caught in this war, families and children. Which makes it all the more important to win. When I was in Afghanistan, leading the fight against people who sought to destroy Western civilisation itself, who had destroyed the World Trade Center, I saw the atrocities committed by the Taliban - raping, burning and pillaging against their own countrymen.

That is what motivated me to help fight there everyday - I wasn't just doing it for this country. I was doing it for all the innocents stuck in the middle of it too. And so I say the same for the war on organised crime - I don't support it just because I want to crack down on criminals, but because I want to protect the innocents in the great war - the people who have been victimised by gangs and by cartels.

I stand for the protection of the innocent, Congresswoman - understand that."
Please Watch

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri May 08, 2020 11:56 am

“It is my view that the best path forward for this country is to continue the main policies of my father’s administration and as a result, show the American people that we are serious about protecting them from both the large numbers of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border and the immense tide of drugs flooding from the same border into the hearts of out very communities across this country.

As President, I will show my commitment to protecting the American people by committing to completing the border wall started by my father and thus prove to the American people that I understand the great anxieties that they quite rightly feel on such an issue.

That being said however, we must realise that we must absolutely be realistic in implementing these policies and keeping America great, to attempt to tackle immigration as if it were a war is not beneficial to protecting the Wolf agenda and is not in the best interests of the American people. We need to expand the use of E-verify in order to ensure that those who enter the United States illegally are prevented from working.

Moreover, we also need to improve the system of visa tracking within the United States in order to get to the heart of this issue and stem the flow, particularly as almost half of all illegal immigration was as a result of visa overstays, thus enabling us to tackle illegal immigration comprehensively.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri May 08, 2020 11:58 am

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:
(Image)
FOX News

"Considering the threat automation poses to jobs in this country, and the issues with wages our blue collar workers suffer I think making labor more in demand would be a good thing for our blue collar workers. Companies should be competing for our blue collar workers and low skill workers. I have seen too many communities suffer from a sudden influx of cheap labor that puts people out of jobs, its good for big corporations but I'm not worried about their bottom line if it doesn't benefit American workers."

"Additionally I never said they would not receive due process, in fact I mentioned multiple times just how important courts were to immigration reform. The right to a fair trial is in my opinion a natural right, not one just afforded to United States citizens. The overburdened Judicial system and its inability to take necessary actions to efficiently process claims is a major cause for illegal immigrant. We will be able to deal with potential immigrants quickly once we fix it."

"Once we have our system under control we will be able to better sort through our immigrants and refocus our efforts with immigrants who have in demand skills. I want to establish a state based system like Canada and Australia. In essence a state, lets say Minnesota, will put in a request for workers with skills in a certain field based on shortages they are facing... They expect a shortage of 10,000 agricultural workers they request that from the federal Government. The federal government uses a merit and skill based immigration system to identify immigrants with agricultural skills and experience and sends them to Minnesota."

"The immigrants would be required to stay in the state and in that industry for a period at the end of which they can apply for citizenship, if the state is unable to keep them employed the state is penalized in coming years. This way we do not over-saturate the labor market and we can address shortages of workers based on the needs of individual states."

FOX News

“Governor Richardson, I don’t think punishing states for the workings of the market is a good idea. And I don’t think restricting some American citizens’ freedom of movement or freedom to choose their career path is really excusable, considering the obvious Tenth and Fourteenth Amendment implications. I agree that immigration quotas should be shaped around the demands of the market, but it can be done in ways that don’t result in constitutional conflicts.”

“Attaining citizenship should bestow the rights and privileges of being an American on that person. Not leave them indebted to work a specific job in a specific state for however long the government sees fit. Issue them a work visa, whatever, but don’t make someone a citizen if you’re not going to give them the constitutional rights afforded to all Americans.”

“Also Governor, you can’t decrease the supply of labor in this country and restrict trade with nations that have a bountiful supply of labor at the same time without creating an increase in the cost of living in America. That’s basic economics 101, supply and demand.”

Velahor wrote:
(Image)
FOX News

Porter took a breath, ready to give out a short response

"You cannot make peace with drug traffickers, enslavers of children or gang leaders.

You can only wage war. One of the great enigmatic problems of this war between our country and organised crime is that there is, in the end, no ability to make peace. There is a fundamental, inherent incapability of making peace with organised crime.

If we end the war on drugs, then we will only strengthen these gangs, who make most of their money out of drug trafficking, production and other such things. Drugs are one of the roots. If we let that one loose, then they will only become stronger.

You're right in one aspect, however - there are innocents caught in this war, families and children. Which makes it all the more important to win. When I was in Afghanistan, leading the fight against people who sought to destroy Western civilisation itself, who had destroyed the World Trade Center, I saw the atrocities committed by the Taliban - raping, burning and pillaging against their own countrymen.

That is what motivated me to help fight there everyday - I wasn't just doing it for this country. I was doing it for all the innocents stuck in the middle of it too. And so I say the same for the war on organised crime - I don't support it just because I want to crack down on criminals, but because I want to protect the innocents in the great war - the people who have been victimised by gangs and by cartels.

FOX News

“That’s a straw man fallacy if I’ve ever seen one...”

“You’re saying that because I don’t see immigration as a negative thing, that I don’t care about innocent life.”

“But I’ve proposed completely locking down our border, vetting immigrants more thoroughly, fixing our immigration courts, strengthening our border police, and eliminating the cross-border drug trade that serves as the lifeblood of organized crime. Tell me Mr. Secretary, do you disagree with those goals? Our methods may be different, but innocent lives are the top priority of my immigration policy, and using unsound logic to paint it any differently just shows your dishonesty to the American people.”

“My campaign values honesty and transparency. I’ll say what I believe even if you don’t like it Mr. Secretary, and yes, I will call you out for being dishonest.”

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

FOX News

“Governor Richardson, I don’t think punishing states for the workings of the market is a good idea. And I don’t think restricting some American citizens’ freedom of movement or freedom to choose their career path is really excusable, considering the obvious Tenth and Fourteenth Amendment implications. I agree that immigration quotas should be shaped around the demands of the market, but it can be done in ways that don’t result in constitutional conflicts.”

“Attaining citizenship should bestow the rights and privileges of being an American on that person. Not leave them indebted to work a specific job in a specific state for however long the government sees fit. Issue them a work visa, whatever, but don’t make someone a citizen if you’re not going to give them the constitutional rights afforded to all Americans.”

“Also Governor, you can’t decrease the supply of labor in this country and restrict trade with nations that have a bountiful supply of labor at the same time without creating an increase in the cost of living in America. That’s basic economics 101, supply and demand.”

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Porter took a breath, ready to give out a short response

FOX News

“You’re saying that because I don’t see immigration as a negative thing, that I don’t care about innocent life.”

“But I’ve proposed completely locking down our border, vetting immigrants more thoroughly, fixing our immigration courts, strengthening our border police, and eliminating the cross-border drug trade that serves as the lifeblood of organized crime. Tell me Mr. Secretary, do you disagree with those goals? Our methods may be different, but innocent lives are the top priority of my immigration policy, and using unsound logic to paint it any differently just shows your dishonesty to the American people.”

“My campaign values honesty and transparency. I’ll say what I believe even if you don’t like it Mr. Secretary, and yes, I will call you out for being dishonest.”

"With all due respect, Congresswoman, I never said that I don't think you value innocent life - I'm saying that that I value it. I never made any assertions to your positions, only to my own.

Quite frankly, it is you that is being dishonest in this. You claim to be an honest woman, and yet your hypocrisy continues to show. Is America really worth of a President like you? Of course I agree with your goals, but I do not agree with the accusation of dishonesty. How, exactly, can one truly trust you with your assertions of dishonesty and deceit? it is truly maddening, Congresswoman, and truly shameful for a public servant to fling such accusations at me."
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri May 08, 2020 12:06 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

FOX News

"To be clear my proposal does not require them to be indebted to work a specific job in a specific state forever. When they become a citizen they can obviously do whatever they want, my proposal is clearly exclusively dealing with the period before they become citizens. But we have always made employment an aspect of immigration and citizenship, what I am proposing is that we make sure that employment is targeted to in demand sectors that will not over-saturate the labor market in other sectors."

"I do not understand where you are getting the idea that I am punishing states for "working with the market", if they overestimate how many immigrants they need and suddenly spike unemployment then the next time they make a request for immigrants the amount they can receive should be reduced.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri May 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Velahor wrote:
FOX News

FOX News

"With all due respect, Congresswoman, I never said that I don't think you value innocent life - I'm saying that that I value it. I never made any assertions to your positions, only to my own.

Quite frankly, it is you that is being dishonest in this. You claim to be an honest woman, and yet your hypocrisy continues to show. Is America really worth of a President like you? Of course I agree with your goals, but I do not agree with the accusation of dishonesty. How, exactly, can one truly trust you with your assertions of dishonesty and deceit? it is truly maddening, Congresswoman, and truly shameful for a public servant to fling such accusations at me."

“With respect, Mr Secretary, I think it should be the American people questioning your suitability for the highest political office in this nation.

Time and time again, the only thing that the American people have seen from your campaign is an abrasive belligerence that threatens to divide the Republican Party at a time when we should be continuing to stand together in opposition to the radical socialist agenda of the Democrats, and thus protect the Wolf agenda that you claim to be defending.

We only need to go so far as your immigration policy to see such an example, whilst the majority of us on this stage can agree on the steps on tackling the issue of immigration, you have pursued a policy of excessive aggression that does nothing to fully settle the anxieties of the American people and makes me question your sincerity in disassociating yourself from a group that seemed to do the same 86 years ago.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"With all due respect, Congresswoman, I never said that I don't think you value innocent life - I'm saying that that I value it. I never made any assertions to your positions, only to my own.

“With respect, Mr Secretary, I think it should be the American people questioning your suitability for the highest political office in this nation.

Time and time again, the only thing that the American people have seen from your campaign is an abrasive belligerence that threatens to divide the Republican Party at a time when we should be continuing to stand together in opposition to the radical socialist agenda of the Democrats, and thus protect the Wolf agenda that you claim to be defending.

We only need to go so far as your immigration policy to see such an example, whilst the majority of us on this stage can agree on the steps on tackling the issue of immigration, you have pursued a policy of excessive aggression that does nothing to fully settle the anxieties of the American people and makes me question your sincerity in disassociating yourself from a group that seemed to do the same 86 years ago.”

Porter shook his head, smiling as he responded.

"It is truly shameful that a serious contender for the presidency wishes to downplay the seriousness of child slavery, drug trafficking and organised crime at our border...More people have been enslaved now than at any time in history, and you ought to understand that.

But it is clear that you do not. As I said, this issue isn't about immigration or about xenophobia, but about the protection of innocent life. And to be clear, I am defending the Wolf agenda. It seems that you don't understand what it is, however. Nothing i have proposed here is extreme or controversial: it is common sense, reasonable and humane. It cracks down on organised crime and gangs on our border, without stopping the immigration of good, decent people."
Please Watch

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri May 08, 2020 12:31 pm

Porter shook his head, smiling as he responded.

"It is truly shameful that a serious contender for the presidency wishes to downplay the seriousness of child slavery, drug trafficking and organised crime at our border...More people have been enslaved now than at any time in history, and you ought to understand that.

But it is clear that you do not. As I said, this issue isn't about immigration or about xenophobia, but about the protection of innocent life. And to be clear, I am defending the Wolf agenda. It seems that you don't understand what it is, however. Nothing i have proposed here is extreme or controversial: it is common sense, reasonable and humane. It cracks down on organised crime and gangs on our border, without stopping the immigration of good, decent people."

“On yet another matter it appears that the former Secretary is incorrect. I fully understand the Wolf agenda, as can be seen in my policies.

I am defending the Wolf agenda through calling for a two-track immigration policy, one that allows us to stem the flow of illegal immigration across the southern border and protect American communities through the construction of a border wall, something which seems far from downplaying organ sides crime and drug trafficking.

Furthermore, my policies of strengthening E-verify and improving the national system of visa tracking enable us to tackle the issue of illegal immigration internally, something which the former a Secretary seems to fail to understand.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 12:45 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Porter shook his head, smiling as he responded.

“On yet another matter it appears that the former Secretary is incorrect. I fully understand the Wolf agenda, as can be seen in my policies.

I am defending the Wolf agenda through calling for a two-track immigration policy, one that allows us to stem the flow of illegal immigration across the southern border and protect American communities through the construction of a border wall, something which seems far from downplaying organ sides crime and drug trafficking.

Furthermore, my policies of strengthening E-verify and improving the national system of visa tracking enable us to tackle the issue of illegal immigration internally, something which the former a Secretary seems to fail to understand.”

"Well, if you believe your policies, I don't see what's so extreme about mine. All I'm calling for is increased funding of police forces to combat crime at the border. So I don't really see your problem here."
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri May 08, 2020 3:09 pm

"Mike, we have a crisis on our southern border. To say otherwise is either blind naivety or being tricky with the American people. The American people know where they stand on immigration, and that is to bring it down to manageable levels. To put American people first. That's not racist, it's not inhumane. It is recognizing that our society has a limited amount of resources and committing those resources to the real needs in our society - jobs, education, health - and not to those to whom no debt is owed. That is not the fault of the immigrant themselves either, but a simple truth that our system is broken and unhealthy. Even figures on the left can accept that we can't accept the sheer quantity seeking to enter this country, particularly illegally."

Jonah continued, reasonably confident.

"We committed to building a Wall when we elected Arnold Wolf in 2016, and that is what we will do. That is our mandate. I want to see this wall extended, literally and metaphorically. Literally so that it is supported by technological solutions. Not replaced by them, as some of my opponents will or have argued, but supported. Metaphorically such that we can get a grip on the ports of entry, the airports, the ports, the road crossings - we will have security at last if we finally commit to this. I want a deal on DACA as much as anyone else, it's fair at the heart of it, but we can't abandon our leverage and make a bad deal. That's a risky move. There can be no movement on DACA until the Democrats agree to secure our borders! Public safety is the first duty of any President, and so the right thing, the just thing, the constitutional thing to do is to complete that mandate and control immigration for good."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri May 08, 2020 3:38 pm

"Well, if you believe your policies, I don't see what's so extreme about mine. All I'm calling for is increased funding of police forces to combat crime at the border. So I don't really see your problem here."

"The difference is that whilst my fellow candidates and I have presented our immigration policies in a way that allows us to constructively work on advancing the Wolf agenda and ensure that the radical socialist Democrat agenda is rejected, you have stoked division through the use of your divisive rhetoric, that is not how we can protect and advance the Wolf agenda and I'm confident that the American people can see that."
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 08, 2020 3:42 pm

Moderator (Mike Oxlong): “Thank you candidates for your responses, and for staying on the topic at hand. Our next question is on another hot-button issue. Last month, Governor Lee of Alabama passed one of the most restrictive pieces of legislation on abortion in recent history. What is your personal stance on abortion, and how would you treat the issue as President?”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri May 08, 2020 3:55 pm

Sanabel wrote:Moderator (Mike Oxlong): “Thank you candidates for your responses, and for staying on the topic at hand. Our next question is on another hot-button issue. Last month, Governor Lee of Alabama passed one of the most restrictive pieces of legislation on abortion in recent history. What is your personal stance on abortion, and how would you treat the issue as President?”

Porter: "I will defend the sanctity of life in this country. Just as I defend the sanctity of marriage in this nation, I will defend the sanctity of life. I will push for federal laws banning abortion after a certain period of time. We need to stop child murder in this country, folks, it's clear.

I too encourage my colleagues in the states to keep fighting against child murder in this country. I fight for the sanctity of human life, at every age. We will ensure that abortion will be stopped, my friends.

For the lives of our unborn children, we must continue to fight against the practice of medical chird murder in this nation. I will also encourage the construction of more crisis pregnancy centres through tax cuts and incentives, in order to take a more proactive approach in the matter."
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse