NATION

PASSWORD

The Great Restoration (Semi-PMT/Nation/OOC/Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which RP should I do next?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:51 am

Cold Interbellum
20%
The New Age
20%
The Changed World
10%
Anno 1900
40%
Divided States of America
10%

Total votes : 10

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Thu May 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Plzen wrote:
Chewion wrote:Part of my thinking is that the military is also an important part of the economy itself through providing good employment etc. What tools did you use to do the analysis?

Honestly, just the internet. I just browsed through what military equipment costs nowadays, what it used to cost in the past, and simply projected that growth trend 30~40 years into the future to find out what military equipment might cost in the 2050s. That gives me how much I might be spending on acquisitions. Then I looked at what proportion of a country's military budget goes into R&D and acquisitions, and used that ratio to find out my total military budget.

Strala wrote:Impoverished?! China's not impoverished! >:( But seriously how do you mobilize that quickly. China did it but even then most of their current tank pool is outdated as long with most of their equipment. If they have technology similar to yours I have will throw a tantrum and start ranting about how unfair this is
I seriously came into this rp hoping for nations either with similar levels of technology and equipment or smaller nations with higher levels of technology and the vice versa.

We are a smaller nation with higher technology. That's kind of our whole thing. You can't possibly accuse us of being the same size you are when we have less than 1/10 your population. :p

I'm not ranting about you. I appreciate what you do and your nation, even though I dislike the Aerosol part. I was talking about Germany. If they say that their technology is extremely outdated then I'll be fine, but if they somehow make them all brand new then I don't know what I'll do.

Chewion wrote:When fighting this massive European war did Germany not at all expand its military or at the very least it’s production capabilities? Also I pegged my numbers mostly around what major threats had. IE my tank numbers are decently lower than Russia but enough to be where military planners would want them to feel comfortable imo. What are some suggested numbers from y’all?

I did but not to that degree. It just feels ridiculous. Even China is currently one of the fastest modernizing armies, still suffers from using outdated technology and even then doesn't have a tank fleet to match Russia's not to mention its navy, which by itself is currently larger than Germany's currently. If a war could spark something like this, then my tank fleet, navy, and airforce should be massive despite the nation being split in two. I would think maybe a three to fouf times increase from current sizes would be fine
Plzen wrote:
Chewion wrote:When fighting this massive European war did Germany not at all expand its military or at the very least it’s production capabilities? Also I pegged my numbers mostly around what major threats had. IE my tank numbers are decently lower than Russia but enough to be where military planners would want them to feel comfortable imo. What are some suggested numbers from y’all?

I think your current numbers are fine, especially if a big portion of your military equipment is outdated 2020s or 2030s relics.

SangMar wrote:B-but the NSR/NRS’ citizens are wealthy! Please don’t count us on that list.

raises eyebrow

Plzen please, most of us barbians are still using 2020 and 2030s tech. I don't think it would be considered outdated by most nations. To be considered outdated I would assume they would have to be from the 1950s or 60s as most nations currently still have some variant of 70s and 80s technology
Last edited by Strala on Thu May 14, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Plzen wrote:
SangMar wrote:On a scale of good technology to good technology, how good do you think the NSR/NRS’ military should be? If we were to look at this with total seriousness.

Honestly, if you just put all the countries on a sorted list of real GDP per capita, you probably have a fairly decent approximation for how good their engineering is.

German Engineering/Sciences? They're not good anymore?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 pm

I know all that war in Europe happened, but really? Did Germany get cucked, or something?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Thu May 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Plzen wrote:

I think your current numbers are fine, especially if a big portion of your military equipment is outdated 2020s or 2030s relics.

SangMar wrote:B-but the NSR/NRS’ citizens are wealthy! Please don’t count us on that list.

raises eyebrow

Most of it is especially the ground forces just with necessary upgrades to keep things operational etc. The real modern stuff is pushed into some of the newer naval ships and Airforce mostly.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

SangMar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Thu May 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Plzen wrote:
SangMar wrote:On a scale of good technology to good technology, how good do you think the NSR/NRS’ military should be? If we were to look at this with total seriousness.

Honestly, if you just put all the countries on a sorted list of real GDP per capita, you probably have a fairly decent approximation for how good their engineering is.

I don’t know the real GDP per capita of the NSR/NRS though. That’s why I’m asking you. :p
On Nationstates since 2012.
Nationstates’ Favourite Unknown and Autistic Tankie Eliminator!
B E G O N E T A N K I E DEGENERATE
Protip: Tankies =/= all communists.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.31

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu May 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Plzen wrote:Honestly, if you just put all the countries on a sorted list of real GDP per capita, you probably have a fairly decent approximation for how good their engineering is.

German Engineering/Sciences? They're not good anymore?

They should be.... literally after ever majorly bad war it’s still retained its industrial and scientific power.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

SangMar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Thu May 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Also, Revlona please come back! I need you to continue the conflict! :p
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu May 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Strala wrote:Plzen please, most of us barbians are still using 2020 and 2030s tech. I don't think it would be considered outdated by most nations.

I mean, Norden also has plenty of 2020s and 2030s tech still in action, and we're the single most developed country in this RP by far. When I said 2020s relics I don't mean 2020s tech, I mean things manufactured in the 2020s - which would necessarily have used older technology, since in the Navy and the Air Force there is a 20-year or so gap between new tech being developed and old tech being obsolete.

SangMar wrote:I don’t know the real GDP per capita of the NSR/NRS though. That’s why I’m asking you. :p

I'll put together a list today for everyone's benefit, then. We've all used disparate units and methodologies in our applications that it's hard to compare things sometimes. If I convert everything to NDK it would be much easier (for me, anyways).

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Thu May 14, 2020 7:54 pm

[Do Not Remove - AKSAI]

NS Name: Nazeroth
RP Name: Grand Frankish State

Capital: Paris
Territory: Remaining France and French Switzerland(i think that's what Arvenia implied)
Population: 62 Million
Type of Government: Provisional White Nationalist Constitutional Military Junta
Government Explaination: Military government that was overtaken by internal opposition
Leader(s): Grand Maréchal Théodore Leloup
Image(s) of Leader(s): Older French male with black hair, blue eyes, clean shaven with a somewhat pointed nose and piercing eyes/eyebrows.
Party or Coalition in Power: All-Frankish Security Council
Executive Title: Grand Marshal
State Ideology: White French Nationalism, Identitarnianism, Militarism, Integralism
Ethnicity Breakdown: 90% French, 10% other
Religion Breakdown: Roman Catholic, minority Islamic and some paganist cults have begun reforming
Flag:

National Anthem: "La France de demain"
National Motto: Francia! Awaken!
Demonym: Frankish
Map Color: Bright Blue

Public Goals: Re-establish minor trade with other nations, support other Frankish or euro-ethnicities
Private Goals: Pressure Germany to regain lost French Lands, Stabilize the Nation further

Military name: Frankish People's Armed Forces
Military branches: Frankish National Army, Frankish National Aeroforce, Frankish National Navy
Total military size: 210,000
Breakdown of ground force(s): 120,000
Breakdown of naval force(s): 35,000
Breakdown of air force(s): 36,000
Breakdown of other branch(es): Frankish Internal Forces 80,000
Extra military information: Most Frankish forces utilize modernized or current generation versions of 2020's military equipment with a focus on domestic production, such as the Petain Gen 2, a renamed variant of the Leclerc and renamed variant of the Eurocopter TIger, now called the Goose. The Frankish state has relegated many of it's earlier arsenal to reserve duty, destroyed during internal strife, or sold to former colonies for quick cash. The Frankish State focuses on training and experience being put at the forefront of needs. The Frankish State's fleet includes two light Napoleon-Class light aircraft carriers, smaller than the de gaulle but more advanced to fit modern needs of limited but fierce power projection.

GDP: $3.061 trillion
GDP per Capita: $47,223

Currency: Frank
Currency and value of currency compared to USD: varies

Major Domestic Issues: Minor Islamic and anti-regime insurgency still occurs sporadically from time to time, with democratic elements in the north and islamic elements in the south. These issues are being dealt with as the new order has come to power.
Major Foreign Issues: Regaining French territory in Europe from Germany

History: The wars in Europe between the EU and hostiles states would change France forever, during this time anarchy began to erupt in parts of the nation as the toll of the war was beginning to become apparent in the nation. Frances welfare programs were under immense stress and soon such programs buckled under the pressure. Immigration had been steadily driving up the population and a balloon popped it. Ethnic violence erupted inside the nation as islamic communities became increasingly hostile and independent, terrorist attacks rocked the nation as cultural and ethnic feuds came to light. French military forces eventually stepped in and formed a provisional government to attempt to calm the situation but were met with further hostility. During the military regimes rule a coup was initiated by far-right generals fed up with the tolerance that was being showed to groups that they said were foolish to have ever been allowed into the nation. The All-Frankish Security Council was formed and the Frankish Internal Forces were created from ideological loyalists, mass arrested were made and immigrants were soon being kicked out of the nation. Many fled to Spain and Italy, which themselves were in no condition to take. France was declared the Grand Frankish State, a allusion to the ancient Francia. It's leader Grand Marshal Leloup being the headsman of the ship. Non-Native French assets were quickly seized, distributed to native French or those who showed loyalty to the new order. During the chaos Germany occupied the eastern portion of France, driving any native french deeper into their homeland while non-native French were denied access unless they pledged to have only native French children, their children would also be subjected to the new laws. The period was one of the worst civil conflicts in France's modern history but the French are now well on their way rebounding.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=448359

Finished
Last edited by Nazeroth on Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 pm

To be honest, Technology isn't everything. A part of Warfare is Skill. Now, how skilled and trained are your men? Let's talk about that. How much practice do your men do?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Goddammit, now I gotta react to the Reactionary French.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Thu May 14, 2020 7:57 pm

Plzen wrote:
Strala wrote:Plzen please, most of us barbians are still using 2020 and 2030s tech. I don't think it would be considered outdated by most nations.

I mean, Norden also has plenty of 2020s and 2030s tech still in action, and we're the single most developed country in this RP by far. When I said 2020s relics I don't mean 2020s tech, I mean things manufactured in the 2020s - which would necessarily have used older technology, since in the Navy and the Air Force there is a 20-year or so gap between new tech being developed and old tech being obsolete.

SangMar wrote:I don’t know the real GDP per capita of the NSR/NRS though. That’s why I’m asking you. :p

I'll put together a list today for everyone's benefit, then. We've all used disparate units and methodologies in our applications that it's hard to compare things sometimes. If I convert everything to NDK it would be much easier (for me, anyways).

Even then, how does a nation manufacture nearly 900 planes, a whole ton of carriers and naval ships, along with over 7000 tanks in a 10 span?

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu May 14, 2020 7:57 pm

Hypercapital wrote:To be honest, Technology isn't everything. A part of Warfare is Skill. Now, how skilled and trained are your men? Let's talk about that. How much practice do your men do?

Tactics is the most important.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu May 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Strala wrote:Even then, how does a nation manufacture nearly 900 planes, a whole ton of carriers and naval ships, along with over 7000 tanks in a 10 span?

If most of the stuff is old relics, then it wouldn't have all been manufactured in a 13-year span. It would reflect the leftovers from the military buildup before and during the Central European War.

I mean, if push comes to shove, most of those relics are going to just melt before countries that field more technologically modernised militaries, so the effective size of their military would be smaller than the actual.
Last edited by Plzen on Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SangMar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 pm

Hypercapital wrote:To be honest, Technology isn't everything. A part of Warfare is Skill. Now, how skilled and trained are your men? Let's talk about that. How much practice do your men do?

Okay. Remember everyone, unless you’ve got the equipment and military expenditure of the United States, do not give your combat personal a relatively short amount of time to be trained. Also, more training =/= equal better, eventually you stop getting more benefit out of it, the cost to benefit ratio plateaus.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Strala wrote:
Plzen wrote:I mean, Norden also has plenty of 2020s and 2030s tech still in action, and we're the single most developed country in this RP by far. When I said 2020s relics I don't mean 2020s tech, I mean things manufactured in the 2020s - which would necessarily have used older technology, since in the Navy and the Air Force there is a 20-year or so gap between new tech being developed and old tech being obsolete.

Even then, how does a nation manufacture nearly 900 planes, a whole ton of carriers and naval ships, along with over 7000 tanks in a 10 span?

They don’t.... as I said I’m basing it off the assumption that in the late 20’s and 30’s Germany had a buildup to fight the war they did.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Plzen wrote:

My tech is mixed, but I don't just rely on Tech, I also rely on Know-how and fast thinking/reflexes. That's why the average QDC soldier would be skilled, but somewhat "behind" technological "powers" like Plzen.

Humvees, Black Hawks, Raptors are reliant and good, strong Army workhorses (especially for the USA irl). Now, I don't know that much about the Dassault Mirage or French tech, but it also looks pretty good.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu May 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Plzen wrote:
Strala wrote:Even then, how does a nation manufacture nearly 900 planes, a whole ton of carriers and naval ships, along with over 7000 tanks in a 10 span?

If most of the stuff is old relics, then it wouldn't have all been manufactured in a 13-year span. It would reflect the leftovers from the military buildup before and during the Central European War.

I mean, if push comes to shove, most of those relics are going to just melt before countries that field more technologically modernised militaries, so the effective size of their military would be smaller than the actual.

Tbf most of the stuff built by then would still be effective today, irl we use 20-30 year old equipment in the field.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Chewion wrote:

Tactics is the most important.

Agreed.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 pm

SangMar wrote:

Okay. Remember everyone, unless you’ve got the equipment and military expenditure of the United States, do not give your combat personal a relatively short amount of time to be trained. Also, more training =/= equal better, eventually you stop getting more benefit out of it, the cost to benefit ratio plateaus.

True.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 pm

SangMar wrote:Okay. Remember everyone, unless you’ve got the equipment and military expenditure of the United States, do not give your combat personal a relatively short amount of time to be trained. Also, more training =/= equal better, eventually you stop getting more benefit out of it, the cost to benefit ratio plateaus.

Northern doctrine is very much funnelling a large budget into a relatively small military, which means we have the money to spare for things like large-scale military exercises and simulators. :p

4% of our GDP in military that contains all of 135,000 active duty soldiers.
Last edited by Plzen on Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:03 pm

SangMar wrote:Okay. Remember everyone, unless you’ve got the equipment and military expenditure of the United States, do not give your combat personal a relatively short amount of time to be trained.

Now you tell me. I've just been handing people rifles, pointing them at live bears and the ones that don't lose their arms to the bear are enlisted.
I think we might even just shorten the definition and just hand out surplus rifles and machine guns to every citizen. Sure they'd be an incompetent mass militia, but they'll be my incompetent mass militia dammit!
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Thu May 14, 2020 8:04 pm

What is the average modern military like?

I know its PMT so were talking the best of what we have today would be the norm in the current rp?
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu May 14, 2020 8:04 pm

Nazeroth wrote:What is the average modern military like?

I know its PMT so were talking the best of what we have today would be the norm in the current rp?

That’s my assumption.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Plzen wrote:
SangMar wrote:Okay. Remember everyone, unless you’ve got the equipment and military expenditure of the United States, do not give your combat personal a relatively short amount of time to be trained. Also, more training =/= equal better, eventually you stop getting more benefit out of it, the cost to benefit ratio plateaus.

Northern doctrine is very much funnelling a large budget into a relatively small military, which means we have the money to spare for things like large-scale military exercises and simulators. :p

4% of our GDP in military that contains all of 135,000 active duty soldiers.

I'd say my/Quebec's doctrine is skill/practice and attrition. If you can make your enemies' numbers bleed out (Morale) and scratch at their tech or eventually reverse-engineer it, you'd win the war.

All that technological stuff is rhetoric, pretty much, but we're still working on it. We're just doing a Russia rn so that those dirtbags don't think we're weak.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse