NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Stars (OOC/Signups) [Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Piscina
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Piscina » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:50 am

Hello OP. I have returned from the dead, with questions!

I’ve thinking about possibly trying to terraform New Nitor III so I can gain access to that Rare Elements deposit as well as having more space to build in, so there are a few things I’d like to know. Does the planet have a magnetic field capable of allowing life to exist on the surface? Once it reaches 300k, will a hydrosphere form from the abundant water ice there? If so, is there much risk of it flooding continents?

Thanks in advance!
Voluisse Illudere (Intrigue in court)
Audax Veni (Galactic Adventures)
Hector Driscoll (Model Hogwarts(Hosted on Discord))
Lachriman Federation (The Last Stars)
Hermes R&D (SPACE)
Edward Dale (College Greymore)
Ceres Federation (Remnants of Sol)
Zik’ky’ken (Twilight of the Republic)
Edward Dale 2.0 (College Greymore reboot)
Scriniarii (Pantheon: New Creation)
Republic of Nordwood (A Different World: Age of Darkness)

My participation in most RPs tends to be short-lived, so I have less experience than the number of them listed would otherwise indicate.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:54 am

Piscina wrote:Hello OP. I have returned from the dead, with questions!

I’ve thinking about possibly trying to terraform New Nitor III so I can gain access to that Rare Elements deposit as well as having more space to build in, so there are a few things I’d like to know. Does the planet have a magnetic field capable of allowing life to exist on the surface? Once it reaches 300k, will a hydrosphere form from the abundant water ice there? If so, is there much risk of it flooding continents?

Thanks in advance!

Given you're a race that can travel in space with minimal problems, most concerns about cosmic radiation can be safely ignored - at least insofar as the concerns of a few dozen generations are important. The amount of water ice there will almost certainly form a hydrosphere once it all melts, and that will replace some of the current continents with oceans.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Piscina
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Piscina » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:01 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Piscina wrote:Hello OP. I have returned from the dead, with questions!

Thanks in advance!

Given you're a race that can travel in space with minimal problems, most concerns about cosmic radiation can be safely ignored - at least insofar as the concerns of a few dozen generations are important. The amount of water ice there will almost certainly form a hydrosphere once it all melts, and that will replace some of the current continents with oceans.

Okay, that clarifies things regarding the hydrosphere. I was actually thinking about surface radiation in the context of whether it would be possible to have an ecosystem there at some point, and thus gain the bonuses from tundras and edens.
Voluisse Illudere (Intrigue in court)
Audax Veni (Galactic Adventures)
Hector Driscoll (Model Hogwarts(Hosted on Discord))
Lachriman Federation (The Last Stars)
Hermes R&D (SPACE)
Edward Dale (College Greymore)
Ceres Federation (Remnants of Sol)
Zik’ky’ken (Twilight of the Republic)
Edward Dale 2.0 (College Greymore reboot)
Scriniarii (Pantheon: New Creation)
Republic of Nordwood (A Different World: Age of Darkness)

My participation in most RPs tends to be short-lived, so I have less experience than the number of them listed would otherwise indicate.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:08 am

Piscina wrote:

Okay, that clarifies things regarding the hydrosphere. I was actually thinking about surface radiation in the context of whether it would be possible to have an ecosystem there at some point, and thus gain the bonuses from tundras and edens.

Not to give anything away, but there are 100% better terraforming techs higher in the tech tree for doing things like establishing ecosystems reliably.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Bredtonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bredtonia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Just a quick question for planing purposes: Are Oceans colonizable?
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:12 am

Bredtonia wrote:Just a quick question for planing purposes: Are Oceans colonizable?

In various ways, yes. Without some vaguely advanced technology, no.

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:11 pm

Would anyone like an offshoot of their empire? I was thinking of playing as a trading company that’s attached to one of the current empires. Anyone interested?

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:44 pm

SPECIES
Name:Humans
Homeworld:Earth
Description:Regular Looking Humans
History:Facing Religious discrimination from an increasingly scientific world dominated by godless atheists. A couple million of the faithful decided to leave Earth and make a new home in the stars.

FACTION
Name:The Caliphate
Ideology:Faith/Obedience
Background:Lost Colony Fleet
History:

Centuries ago back when Earth was home to billions of people and had expanded its reaches to the stars. Religion had begun to waver as new discoveries such as life on other worlds and other intelligent life was being discovered and thus threaten teachings and principles of many world religions from Christianity to Buddhism. Also with significant social and technology advancement many people began seeing religion as a relic and openly mocked and ridiculed those who held “primitive beliefs”.

As with most of human history the desire for religious freedom once again swept though the world, most notably within the Islamic community. With a joint effort between The Arab League, The African Union, and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation a colonial venture was funded in order send millions of the brightest the Islamic word had to offer into deep space. In order to create an Islamic Utopia amongst the heavens.
Leader:Caliph Abdul Baari Nassif

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Apologies for my absence; been traveling for work. Tomorrow I’ll be available again!

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:23 pm

sup guys

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Kinistian wrote:SPECIES
History:Facing Religious discrimination from an increasingly scientific world dominated by godless atheists. A couple million of the faithful decided to leave Earth and make a new home in the stars.

FACTION
History:

Centuries ago back when Earth was home to billions of people and had expanded its reaches to the stars. Religion had begun to waver as new discoveries such as life on other worlds and other intelligent life was being discovered and thus threaten teachings and principles of many world religions from Christianity to Buddhism. Also with significant social and technology advancement many people began seeing religion as a relic and openly mocked and ridiculed those who held “primitive beliefs”.

As with most of human history the desire for religious freedom once again swept though the world, most notably within the Islamic community. With a joint effort between The Arab League, The African Union, and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation a colonial venture was funded in order send millions of the brightest the Islamic word had to offer into deep space. In order to create an Islamic Utopia amongst the heavens.

So, I like this premise. There is one slight issue though - we are quite far in the future indeed in this setting, and so any references to modern Earth concepts are rather anachronistic. It'd be like someone moving to Somalia today and deciding to found a society based on serfdom and Sumerian deities, except even more divorced from reality.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Sorry about my radio silence. I should hopefully be back in full force this week.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:40 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Sorry about my radio silence. I should hopefully be back in full force this week.

Glad to hear it - I was hoping you hadn't snuffed it.

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Kinistian wrote:SPECIES

FACTION
History:

So, I like this premise. There is one slight issue though - we are quite far in the future indeed in this setting, and so any references to modern Earth concepts are rather anachronistic. It'd be like someone moving to Somalia today and deciding to found a society based on serfdom and Sumerian deities, except even more divorced from reality.

Ok
-rethinks faction choices-

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 am

Hm. Anyone got a post in the offing?

Bredtonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bredtonia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:18 pm

I’m just waiting on Durandal’s explorations and for time to catch up.
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:02 pm

Ok so I lied, but I'm back for real this time. If you want me to re-do my app for this I can, and I'll drop an app in elf-land tonight. I return!!!
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:38 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Ok so I lied, but I'm back for real this time. If you want me to re-do my app for this I can, and I'll drop an app in elf-land tonight. I return!!!

Yeah! #TheRPMustGoOn
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Well, I'm glad to hear it. I'll aim to have a post up tomorrow, and see who I owe things.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse