NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Stars (OOC/Signups) [Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 03, 2020 4:09 am

Piscina wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Faith and research

Hang on, aren’t those two mutually incompatible?

Ah yes. Very true.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 am

Faithful research :D
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Sun May 03, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 03, 2020 10:22 am

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Faithful research :D

Heh. Theocrats can do science and technocrats can have faith, but for the purposes of this RP, there are trade offs.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sun May 03, 2020 1:56 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:SPECIES
Name: Cho'Dosan

Hmm okay. I like this. It is a bit off in terms of backstory though: the oncoming expansion death of the universe has been apparent for quite some time, and the overexpansion of interstellar space rendered essentially any polity as nonfunctional if they spanned more than a single system. I don't mind if you want to have the tourists seeking a way back to their theoretical home system, but the realities of how long a superluminal voyage would now take are accelerating, making any contact an excessively optimistic hope.

They're on their Last Cruise, to the final lights in the sky that might offer refuge. Their Three Hour Tour was essentially always a quest for survival.

As long as we're on the same page there I can accept these lads, just wanted to clarify that you understand the setting.

Ahh I see, I didn't realize the situation was quite this dire in terms of the Covenant only.being able to inhabit a single system. We're on the same page now.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Sun May 03, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 03, 2020 5:56 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Hmm okay. I like this. It is a bit off in terms of backstory though: the oncoming expansion death of the universe has been apparent for quite some time, and the overexpansion of interstellar space rendered essentially any polity as nonfunctional if they spanned more than a single system. I don't mind if you want to have the tourists seeking a way back to their theoretical home system, but the realities of how long a superluminal voyage would now take are accelerating, making any contact an excessively optimistic hope.

They're on their Last Cruise, to the final lights in the sky that might offer refuge. Their Three Hour Tour was essentially always a quest for survival.

As long as we're on the same page there I can accept these lads, just wanted to clarify that you understand the setting.

Ahh I see, I didn't realize the situation was quite this dire in terms of the Covenant only.being able to inhabit a single system. We're on the same page now.

Indeed. Most civilizations will have collapsed. They are dark times.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun May 03, 2020 6:31 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:For hive-mind, are you doing the Hack way? As in we don't follow the tech-tree, but evolution?

A bit of column A, a bit of column B. Ignoring the tech tree didn’t make the most sense, so we won’t be doing that - but at the same time Hive Evolutions will be considerably more varied and powerful than Ideologies.

Since there's two hive minds will the Hive Evolutions be different for me and Tau in mechanics or will it just be fluff wise?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:
A bit of column A, a bit of column B. Ignoring the tech tree didn’t make the most sense, so we won’t be doing that - but at the same time Hive Evolutions will be considerably more varied and powerful than Ideologies.

Since there's two hive minds will the Hive Evolutions be different for me and Tau in mechanics or will it just be fluff wise?

Similar, but separate. I assume y’all will be picking different trees.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 10:35 am

Righto folks, IC is live!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=484696

The Starmap thread linked there should have all the information you need for initial colonizations, but do sing out if I've derped something up. Explorations that aren't linked to Anomalies should be posted in the Starmap, Research in the Science Central, to avoid clogging up the IC!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon May 04, 2020 11:31 am

I could do research and liberty instead, if faith and research do not work.

Do scientific expeditions search for new colonies first, or are they doing research? Also, when researching a technology, are you researching tech you do not currently have?
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 11:36 am

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:I could do research and liberty instead, if faith and research do not work.

Do scientific expeditions search for new colonies first, or are they doing research? Also, when researching a technology, are you researching tech you do not currently have?

That would be preferable, aye.

As a Scientific Expedition, your first priority will likely be to find a habitable world to set up shop on. You can have one of your Leaders conduct independent research, but without colonies to create an industrial base, most potential researches will be useless.

When you research a tech, you'll want to aim for a new tech, yes. You can choose a specific tech to research from Tier I, or just aim off into one of the three categories if you are interested in something more fancy from Tier II.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 11:40 am

Bad news is that I have no leadership so no early research rolls. The good news is that I have a +6 to my happiness so that's good for my evolution of the Manifold and the biopunk people. Also, does all my planet just have a food surplus? Because of the jungle world being what it is?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 11:43 am

Ralnis wrote:Bad news is that I have no leadership so no early research rolls. The good news is that I have a +6 to my happiness so that's good for my evolution of the Manifold and the biopunk people. Also, does all my planet just have a food surplus? Because of the jungle world being what it is?

Any Food Surplus will come from where you site your initial colonies, not from passive bonuses as such.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am

Ralnis wrote:Bad news is that I have no leadership so no early research rolls. The good news is that I have a +6 to my happiness so that's good for my evolution of the Manifold and the biopunk people. Also, does all my planet just have a food surplus? Because of the jungle world being what it is?

Any Food Surplus will come from where you site your initial colonies, not from passive bonuses as such.

That's what I meant. But I'll just have fluff up with the Anchronox.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 11:49 am

Initial exploration results up for you, Western.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 11:52 am

Oh, which reminds me:

Scientific Expeditions and Lost Armadas, you start with this Tier II tech:

Physics: Deep Scanning: Allows for a second Expedition to be conducted on any world, guaranteeing the discovery of any anomalies on that world.

and Scientific Expeditions, you start with this Breakthrough:

Rare Crystallography: Manned Explorer vessels may conduct an additional Expedition once per Generation. A single Physics research attempt may be rerolled for free once per Generation.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon May 04, 2020 11:54 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, which reminds me:

Scientific Expeditions and Lost Armadas, you start with this Tier II tech:

Physics: Deep Scanning: Allows for a second Expedition to be conducted on any world, guaranteeing the discovery of any anomalies on that world.

and Scientific Expeditions, you start with this Breakthrough:

Rare Crystallography: Manned Explorer vessels may conduct an additional Expedition once per Generation. A single Physics research attempt may be rerolled for free once per Generation.

Awesome.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon May 04, 2020 11:58 am

tag
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 12:02 pm

So do I have to still feed people or even tell the Hive to not spawn new people in exchange of trying to gather more biomass?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 pm

Ralnis wrote:So do I have to still feed people or even tell the Hive to not spawn new people in exchange of trying to gather more biomass?

I'm afraid so. Growth to the limits of food production is the curse of the Hive.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 12:06 pm

Ralnis wrote:So do I have to still feed people or even tell the Hive to not spawn new people in exchange of trying to gather more biomass?

I'm afraid so. Growth to the limits of food production is the curse of the Hive.

Hmm, may hope that my first evolution choice is to kill one of my pop in order to turn them into biomass.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 12:09 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Hmm, may hope that my first evolution choice is to kill one of my pop in order to turn them into biomass.

Tasty tasty Soylent Emerald (tm)

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Ralnis wrote:Hmm, may hope that my first evolution choice is to kill one of my pop in order to turn them into biomass.

Can biomass be stockpiled or no?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 12:17 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Can biomass be stockpiled or no?

Not stockpiled so much as invested, no.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 12:19 pm

Ralnis wrote:Can biomass be stockpiled or no?

Not stockpiled so much as invested, no.

Fair enough, good thing the planet allows me to have free water for it. I lucked out there.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon May 04, 2020 12:56 pm

I think the image in my starmap post sums up poor Adral's thoughts on everything.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse